Author Topic: New Obama fuel rules will mean that 7 Million people cant afford cars by 2025  (Read 687 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
New fuel rules will make cars unaffordable
January 26, 2012

http://www.autos.ca/general-news/new-fuel-rules-will-make-cars-unaffordable

San Francisco, California – Proposed U.S. fuel economy rules will mean that seven million Americans will not be able to afford to buy a new car or truck in 2025, according to the National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA).

NADA director Forrest McConnell, a Honda and Acura dealer in Montgomery, Alabama, said that proposed fuel economy rules by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) will create a US$3,200 increase in vehicle prices over those in 2010, and will limit the ability of many consumers to buy the vehicles they want or need.

Testifying at an EPA hearing regarding the rules, McConnell said that a 2011 U.S. Energy Information Administration analysis found that if the rule takes effect, cars under $15,000 will not be available in 2025.

The proposed mandate would increase fuel economy to 54.5 miles per gallon (4.3 L/100 km) by 2025.

“America’s auto dealers support continuous improvements in fuel economy,” McConnell said. “Instead of fighting the consumer, NADA urges the administration to act in a manner that will leverage consumer demand, thereby maximizing fleet turnover and ensuring maximum feasible fuel economy increases.”

Related posts:

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Grrr!!!!
WTF!!!!!
He trying to force us to all drive econobox pieces of shit we dont want?
The founding fathers would be rolling in their graves right now.....

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
New fuel rules will make cars unaffordable
January 26, 2012

http://www.autos.ca/general-news/new-fuel-rules-will-make-cars-unaffordable

San Francisco, California – Proposed U.S. fuel economy rules will mean that seven million Americans will not be able to afford to buy a new car or truck in 2025, according to the National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA).

NADA director Forrest McConnell, a Honda and Acura dealer in Montgomery, Alabama, said that proposed fuel economy rules by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) will create a US$3,200 increase in vehicle prices over those in 2010, and will limit the ability of many consumers to buy the vehicles they want or need.

Testifying at an EPA hearing regarding the rules, McConnell said that a 2011 U.S. Energy Information Administration analysis found that if the rule takes effect, cars under $15,000 will not be available in 2025.

The proposed mandate would increase fuel economy to 54.5 miles per gallon (4.3 L/100 km) by 2025.

“America’s auto dealers support continuous improvements in fuel economy,” McConnell said. “Instead of fighting the consumer, NADA urges the administration to act in a manner that will leverage consumer demand, thereby maximizing fleet turnover and ensuring maximum feasible fuel economy increases.”

Related posts:

They aren't Obama's fuel rules....they were proposed and passed into law in California
A

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Yeah, well California always has had fucking stupid vehicular rules, of which the government has always been wise enough NOT to try and force on the public. Fuck them if they try and push cali's fucked up eco shit on us, only reason they give a damn is so the rich liberal eco pricks can "feel good" about how theyre saving the earth. ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
 :D.  It clearly says epa rules.   

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I do believe these are standards by the EPA for the auto industry. Obama passed a bill a while back that will force them to meet certain MPG standards by a certain date. Yes states can surpase those standards like California does now but these standards are for the US in general if Im not mistaken.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
 8). Obamanomics equal shared misery.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
54 MPG is really rediculous, whats going to happen if the vehicles dont meet that standard?
Gas guzzler tax?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
54 MPG is really rediculous, whats going to happen if the vehicles dont meet that standard?
Gas guzzler tax?
I think it will require that all new production vehicles meet the standard and if we know obama like we do there was certainly a new tax in there somewhere.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
I think it will require that all new production vehicles meet the standard and if we know obama like we do there was certainly a new tax in there somewhere.
Thats fucking impossible on internal combustion engines, flat out impossible for that kind of gas mileage. - is he mandating all cars be hybrids or electrics? Cause that, in effect, is what this is doing.
Again - bullshit, he should not be able to single handendly decide what people should drive.

*EDIT*
Hes flat out writing into law the end of the Internal Combustion Engine as we know it if he's requiring they all meet those EPA standards.
There is no way to build a conventional internal combustion engine to make that kind of MPG and still have any sort of power/drivability (pretty sure its impossible period, unless the car is the size of a motorcycle and the motor has 1 cylinder)...
So to me, it seems like another way to try and force Americans to drive the kind of vehicles he wants. He's really pushing for an end to the I.C.E as we know it.
Wonder how long until he outlaws them and tries to force the public to drive newer "alternative powered" vehicles or face taxation?
The day im forced to drive a smart car and they outlaw my conventional V8 is the day I say goodbye to this country, lol.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I tried warning everyone like Paul revere before voting for this communist piece of shit.   I lost friends over it. 

Obama is the devil. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Can't congress override obama on this if enough constituents complain?