Author Topic: Obama is attacking Religious Freedom in America (Just like everything else)  (Read 34933 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Obama is attacking Religious Freedom in America (Just like everything else)
« Reply #275 on: February 11, 2012, 10:45:14 AM »
Its not about the church or abortion or pills, its about the govt forcing people to buy shit they dont want to!  

ITS NOT ABOUT THE CHURCH YOU DEMENTED FUCK!  

flip floper

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #276 on: February 11, 2012, 10:47:28 AM »
wait, so obam wants to make companies give birth control to companies..

and the church is opposing it..

is THAT the core issue here?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #277 on: February 11, 2012, 10:48:59 AM »
wait, so obam wants to make companies give birth control to companies..

and the church is opposing it..

is THAT the core issue here?

Bro - I stand by every single attack i have ever made on you if you think its that simple.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #278 on: February 11, 2012, 10:54:05 AM »
Look at this little pussy stain running in circles trying to keep his Obama love fest going.

Hahahaha.  What a fucking loser.  Get some professional help.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #279 on: February 11, 2012, 10:58:12 AM »
Can someone please tell me why the government and Obama should be able to dictate when level of benefits any employer should have to provide? 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #280 on: February 11, 2012, 11:07:10 AM »
Can "someone" please stop running in circles talking nonsense?

Despite the fucking thread topic, that dumb ass "someone" still says it isn't about the church.

::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #281 on: February 11, 2012, 11:09:04 AM »
Can "someone" please stop running in circles talking nonsense?

Despite the fucking thread topic, that dumb ass "someone" still says it isn't about the church.

::)

It effects the church as an employer you stupid gay stalking pedo troll. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #282 on: February 11, 2012, 12:12:02 PM »
Gay remarks = meltdown underway.

Hahaha... keep up the good work for another 80,000 no life having posts on an internet board for the next 5 years.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #283 on: February 11, 2012, 01:45:57 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #284 on: February 11, 2012, 04:54:54 PM »
Bro - I stand by every single attack i have ever made on you if you think its that simple.
then tell me what the issue is - i STILL can't see it.

Obama wants all companies to hand out birth control to employees - true?
Catholic church is against it?

I see your failure to explain this clearly in 2 sentences as maybe the issue is irrelevant or stupid or unclear.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #285 on: February 11, 2012, 07:08:45 PM »
then tell me what the issue is - i STILL can't see it.

Obama wants all companies to hand out birth control to employees - true?
Catholic church is against it?

I see your failure to explain this clearly in 2 sentences as maybe the issue is irrelevant or stupid or unclear.
Obama wants church affiliated organizations to offer BC even if the core beliefs of that organization are strictly anti-BC.
Its a pretty big precedent, in the past, Church affiliated organizations have not had to comply with these type of federal regulations due to the whole "freedom of religious beliefs" deal.
Its bullshit plain and simple, the government should not be able to mandate church based organizations like this, it is violating their right to practice their religious beliefs.
If someone wants BC or the like that the church org's dont offer, they can go somewhere else. And it wouldnt hurt anyone.
This is about money IMHO, someone is going to make money off this, there can be no other reason why they would be forcing this kind of crap in a country founded on the freedom to practice your religion as you see fit.

Which was a pretty big deal when this country was founded, ya know. The right to make these kinds of choices based on your religious beliefs. Imagine the flip side, the Catholic church going around mandating regular hospitals to NOT offer BC. People would be screaming bloody murder.

I may not agree with the church org's on the issue (I believe BC is a necessity), HOWEVER, I do NOT believe the federal government has the right to mandate ANY church group to offer something that fundamentally violates their belief system on such an issue.
But this is the country we live in now, the government is mandating everyone more and more on how to live their lives, everyone has to offer BC, all citizens MUST BUY healthcare from a SELECT GROUP of insurers, and it goes on and on.

We live in a country founded upon individual liberty and freedom from government oppression, and more and more people are just looking to the government for the next mandate on how to live their lives. Its a slippery slope and were just on the start of it.

But make no doubt - were already down the slope too far to go back easily. One thing history has shown us, when people give their government power, said government will NEVER relinquish it willingly or without a fight. And as long as the government keeps the citizens believing were best off by letting them decide how to run our lives, its only going to get worse.
Better dig in.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #286 on: February 11, 2012, 09:02:00 PM »
Obama wants church affiliated organizations to offer BC even if the core beliefs of that organization are strictly anti-BC.
Its a pretty big precedent, in the past, Church affiliated organizations have not had to comply with these type of federal regulations due to the whole "freedom of religious beliefs" deal.
Its bullshit plain and simple, the government should not be able to mandate church based organizations like this, it is violating their right to practice their religious beliefs.
If someone wants BC or the like that the church org's dont offer, they can go somewhere else. And it wouldnt hurt anyone.
This is about money IMHO, someone is going to make money off this, there can be no other reason why they would be forcing this kind of crap in a country founded on the freedom to practice your religion as you see fit.

Which was a pretty big deal when this country was founded, ya know. The right to make these kinds of choices based on your religious beliefs. Imagine the flip side, the Catholic church going around mandating regular hospitals to NOT offer BC. People would be screaming bloody murder.

I may not agree with the church org's on the issue (I believe BC is a necessity), HOWEVER, I do NOT believe the federal government has the right to mandate ANY church group to offer something that fundamentally violates their belief system on such an issue.
But this is the country we live in now, the government is mandating everyone more and more on how to live their lives, everyone has to offer BC, all citizens MUST BUY healthcare from a SELECT GROUP of insurers, and it goes on and on.

We live in a country founded upon individual liberty and freedom from government oppression, and more and more people are just looking to the government for the next mandate on how to live their lives. Its a slippery slope and were just on the start of it.

But make no doubt - were already down the slope too far to go back easily. One thing history has shown us, when people give their government power, said government will NEVER relinquish it willingly or without a fight. And as long as the government keeps the citizens believing were best off by letting them decide how to run our lives, its only going to get worse.
Better dig in.

Well said.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #287 on: February 11, 2012, 09:39:38 PM »
US Bishops: Obama's 'Compromise' Has No Clear Protection...(Needles Government Intrusion)
Zenit.org ^ | February 10, 2012 | Commentary on U. S. Bishops
Posted on February 12, 2012 12:27:01 AM EST by Salvation

US Bishops: Obama's 'Compromise' Has No Clear Protection for Key Stakeholders

"Today's Proposal Continues to Involve Needless Government Intrusion"
WASHINGTON, D.C., FEB. 10, 2012 (Zenit.org).- The U.S. bishops say the proposal made today by President Barack Obama's administration regarding the mandate to cover abortifacients, sterilization and contraception "continues to involve needless government intrusion in the internal governance of religious institutions, and to threaten government coercion of religious people and groups to violate their most deeply held convictions."

Obama's proposal came after widespread and energetic condemnation of the Jan. 20 announcement that employers must include abortifacients in the health care plans offered to their employees as part of "preventative care."

"The Catholic bishops have long supported access to life-affirming healthcare for all, and the conscience rights of everyone involved in the complex process of providing that healthcare," the bishops' statement began. "That is why we raised two serious objections to the 'preventive services' regulation issued by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) in August 2011," [and confirmed Jan. 20.]

"All the other mandated 'preventive services' prevent disease, and pregnancy is not a disease," they observed. "Moreover, forcing plans to cover abortifacients violates existing federal conscience laws. Therefore, we called for the rescission of the mandate altogether."

Then, the prelates explained, they opposed the burden placed on the consciences of "insurers forced to write policies including this coverage; employers and schools forced to sponsor and subsidize the coverage; and individual employees and students forced to pay premiums for the coverage."

"We therefore urged HHS, if it insisted on keeping the mandate, to provide a conscience exemption for all of these stakeholders -- not just the extremely small subset of 'religious employers' that HHS proposed to exempt initially."

Anything new?

The communiqué then explains what the president's proposal today implies.

"First, he has decided to retain HHS's nationwide mandate of insurance coverage of sterilization and contraception, including some abortifacients. This is both unsupported in the law and remains a grave moral concern. We cannot fail to reiterate this, even as so many would focus exclusively on the question of religious liberty.

"Second, the President has announced some changes in how that mandate will be administered, which is still unclear in its details."

The bishops said that a preliminary study of the proposal indicates that it "would still mandate that all insurers must include coverage for the objectionable services in all the policies they would write. At this point, it would appear that self-insuring religious employers, and religious insurance companies, are not exempt from this mandate. It would allow non-profit, religious employers to declare that they do not offer such coverage. But the employee and insurer may separately agree to add that coverage. The employee would not have to pay any additional amount to obtain this coverage, and the coverage would be provided as a part of the employer's policy, not as a separate rider."

The U.S. bishops said that these changes need "careful moral analysis" and "moreover, appear subject to some measure of change."

"But," they stated, "we note at the outset that the lack of clear protection for key stakeholders -- for self-insured religious employers; for religious and secular for-profit employers; for secular non-profit employers; for religious insurers; and for individuals -- is unacceptable and must be corrected. And in the case where the employee and insurer agree to add the objectionable coverage, that coverage is still provided as a part of the objecting employer's plan, financed in the same way as the rest of the coverage offered by the objecting employer. This, too, raises serious moral concerns."

The bishops said that parts of the information on Obama's proposal are in writing and other elements have only been explained orally.

"We will, of course, continue to press for the greatest conscience protection we can secure from the Executive Branch. But stepping away from the particulars, we note that today's proposal continues to involve needless government intrusion in the internal governance of religious institutions, and to threaten government coercion of religious people and groups to violate their most deeply held convictions. In a nation dedicated to religious liberty as its first and founding principle, we should not be limited to negotiating within these parameters. The only complete solution to this religious liberty problem is for HHS to rescind the mandate of these objectionable services."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #288 on: February 11, 2012, 10:17:26 PM »
Rasmussen: Voters Oppose Obamacare's Contraception Mandate 50% to 39%
The Weekly Standard ^ | 02/08/2012 | John McCormack
Posted on February 11, 2012 6:49:39 PM EST by erkyl

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 39% of Likely U.S. Voters believe the government should require a church or religious organization to provide contraceptives for women even if it violates their deeply held beliefs. Fifty percent (50%) disagree and oppose such a requirement that runs contrary to strong beliefs, while 10% more are undecided. [...]

Sixty-five percent (65%) of Catholic voters oppose this requirement, as do 62% of Evangelical Christians, and 50% of other Protestants. Most non-Christians (56%) support the Obama Administration ruling.

(Excerpt) Read more at weeklystandard.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #289 on: February 12, 2012, 04:49:10 AM »
Skip to comments.

Obama's contempt for the Constitution
The Summit Daily (CO) ^ | February 12, 2012 | John M. Kunst, Jr.
Posted on February 12, 2012 7:36:44 AM EST by Oldeconomybuyer

... Despite his oath of office, in a blatant effort to win the female vote and pander to the pro-choice movement, the president and his administration has mandated that all Catholic churches, schools, universities and hospitals must provide health insurance for their female employees that cover abortion and contraceptive services.

This was not a political miscalculation and it is not “women's health” my friends, it is a president and an administration that has determined he can tell any religion what beliefs it can and cannot hold. This is precisely the kind of authoritarian edict that prompted our Founding Fathers to adopt the First Amendment which our president now refuses to defend.

The president's recent effort to mitigate anger among true Americans is a mere ruse. He says the burden will be placed on insurance companies to approach women employed by Catholic institutions and ask whether they want the “free” abortion and contraception services. “Free?” How many billions are spent on abortion and contraception annually? So, who pays for this “free” insurance coverage? The Catholic Church. Now he thinks we are stupid while rubbing salt in an open, festering sore.

Had enough yet? What will be the next personal liberty, guaranteed to you by the Bill of Rights, that you will have to give up in the name of “Change?”

(Excerpt) Read more at summitdaily.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #290 on: February 12, 2012, 06:15:25 AM »
http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/02/wont_you_come_home_bill_daley.html

Obama was fuking warned by many not to do this.   

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #291 on: February 12, 2012, 06:22:43 AM »
obama is hope and change

333368 is hope hope hope and more hope,  i have 3 loser canidates so all i can do is hope that shit like this makes a differance,hope is my only hope :D :D

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #292 on: February 12, 2012, 06:24:41 AM »

Better dig in.

wait where is the money coming from to pay for this forced health care plan? you fucking nit wits are missing the point. The church is dependent on the government, yet wants benefits yet when said benefits are not to there liking they simply cry seperation or church and state, freedom of religion etc. yet they have no issue relying on the government, perhaps freedom of religion should mean they get off the teat of the gov and pay like everyone else. This whole thing is disgusting, they are violating the constitution already morons, they are getting free money that jthey never contributed to, how the fuck is anyone infringing on their rights?

seperation of church and state, apparently is only one way, when the church benefits, they seem to have no problem being welfare queens.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #293 on: February 12, 2012, 06:26:24 AM »
obama is hope and change

333368 is hope hope hope and more hope,  i have 3 loser canidates so all i can do is hope that shit like this makes a differance,hope is my only hope :D :D

Panetta, Kerry, Daley, Biden all warned Obama from doing this. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #294 on: February 12, 2012, 06:27:48 AM »
wait where is the money coming from to pay for this forced health care plan? you fucking nit wits are missing the point. The church is dependent on the government, yet wants benefits yet when said benefits are not to there liking they simply cry seperation or church and state, freedom of religion etc. yet they have no issue relying on the government, perhaps freedom of religion should mean they get off the teat of the gov and pay like everyone else. This whole thing is disgusting, they are violating the constitution already morons, they are getting free money that jthey never contributed to, how the fuck is anyone infringing on their rights?

seperation of church and state, apparently is only one way, when the church benefits, they seem to have no problem being welfare queens.

Why should any employer be forced to provide anything at all? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #295 on: February 12, 2012, 06:36:05 AM »
Bishops Reject White House’s New Plan on Contraception (Obama continues his "War On Religion")
ny times ^ | 2/11/2012 | By LAURIE GOODSTEIN
Posted on February 12, 2012 9:35:08 AM EST by tobyhill

The nation’s Roman Catholic bishops have rejected a compromise on birth control coverage that President Obama offered on Friday and said they would continue to fight the president’s plan to find a way for employees of Catholic hospitals, universities and service agencies to receive free contraceptive coverage in their health insurance plans, without direct involvement or financing from the institutions.

The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops — which has led the opposition to the plan — said in a statement late Friday that the solution offered by the White House to quell a political furor was “unacceptable and must be corrected” because it still infringed on the religious liberty and conscience of Catholics.

The bishops’ decision to rebuff the compromise means that “religious freedom” will continue to be a rallying cry for some Catholics who have heard it preached from the pulpit for the last three weeks, for evangelical Christians on the religious right, for Republican candidates on the campaign trail and for members of Congress who are supporting a legislative fix on Capitol Hill.

(Excerpt) Read more at nytimes.com ...

Obama needs an exorcism over him.   

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #296 on: February 12, 2012, 06:40:25 AM »
i wish the bishops would have rejected the rape of little boys by their priest,but i can see where a rubber is more important ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #297 on: February 12, 2012, 06:44:56 AM »
i wish the bishops would have rejected the rape of little boys by their priest,but i can see where a rubber is more important ::)

Two have nothing to do w one another.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #298 on: February 12, 2012, 06:50:31 AM »
they could have fought for the little boys but instead they chose to hide it under the rug and let it continue.hey but i guess you have to pick your fights ::).so they do have something in common

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #299 on: February 12, 2012, 06:56:13 AM »
they could have fought for the little boys but instead they chose to hide it under the rug and let it continue.hey but i guess you have to pick your fights ::).so they do have something in common

Your an idiot.   The issue is larger than the church itself you communist welfare leech. Pay for your own rubbers.