Author Topic: 2012 WWE Hall Of Fame Discussion  (Read 7484 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
2012 WWE Hall Of Fame Discussion
« on: January 29, 2012, 03:09:14 PM »
So Far, Edge, the 4 Horsemen, and Mil Mascaras have been announced. Who else do you think will be announced?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: 2012 WWE Hall Of Fame Discussion
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 05:06:13 PM »
I was really expecting Savage to be inducted posthumously.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 09:06:20 AM »
Iron Mike Tyson.
http://www.wwe.com/inside/Mike-Tyson-Hall-of-Fame

Boxing legend and pop culture icon “Iron” Mike Tyson will be inducted into the WWE's 2012 Hall of Fame class on March 31 in Miami, WWE announced to major media markets throughout the nation Monday. Among the most decorated pugilists in history, Tyson established his place in WWE lore in 1998 when he served as a special “outside enforcer” for the WWE Championship main event of WrestleMania XIV between Shawn Michaels and “Stone Cold” Steve Austin.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 02:55:33 PM »
Tyson is a joke going into the Hall, this is where I differ in opinion. It is the WRESTLING hall of fame, not sports HOF, not Actor/Actress Hall of Fame..

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 03:31:33 PM »
Tyson is a joke going into the Hall, this is where I differ in opinion. It is the WRESTLING hall of fame, not sports HOF, not Actor/Actress Hall of Fame..
I would normally agree, but Tyson was a HUGE part of the 90's boom. The Austin-Tyson confrontation was on every news station in America, Sports Illustrated covered Wrestlemania because of Tyson. He is as responsible for them exploding in 98 as Austin, Vince, or anyone else. And, let's be honest, I like the HOF, it's cool to see the older guys, and it seems like it means a lot to them, but no one really takes it seriously anyway.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 03:56:40 PM »
I would normally agree, but Tyson was a HUGE part of the 90's boom. The Austin-Tyson confrontation was on every news station in America, Sports Illustrated covered Wrestlemania because of Tyson. He is as responsible for them exploding in 98 as Austin, Vince, or anyone else. And, let's be honest, I like the HOF, it's cool to see the older guys, and it seems like it means a lot to them, but no one really takes it seriously anyway.

Tyson was a major part of the biggest angle that birthed the Attitude Era.
After Pete Rose and the Turkey, I hardly have a problem with Iron Mike going in.

I share your view of the Fed's HOF, as I believe the above summation puts it in its proper perspective.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 02:13:29 PM »
I remember thinking, "if this goes down Austin's gonna come out of this in a bad way" when they squared off - they still made it believable back then. Tyson was an integral part in the WM match, he brought more publicity to WWE (then WWF) than a Hogan return could have and when he showed the DX shirt i was so pissed at him. I still remember seeing the articles afterwards, "Tyson knocks out wrestler!" and everyone was talking about it for months.

Thumbs up from me Iron Mike.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 09:36:34 AM »
Ron Simmons announced last Monday:

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 11:51:32 AM »
Maybe it is just me, but I do not see Simmons as a Hall Of Fame guy.

And I can't believe Mil is just now getting inducted.  I never saw much of him, but he was one of my favorites years ago.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 01:03:48 PM »
Maybe it is just me, but I do not see Simmons as a Hall Of Fame guy.

I'd much rather see Simmons inducted before a lot of the other people who are already in it.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 03:40:40 PM »
I can go either way with Simmons. He was the first black heavyweight champion so props in that regards.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 05:23:39 PM »
Simmons had a hell of a career before they made him a sad joke. He was a legit powerhouse in every sense of the word, the 1st black HW champ (as previously stated), a front runner of the attitude era as leader of the NOD & one half of 2 of the best / most dominant tag teams we've ever seen in the Acolytes (APA was the start of their demise) & Doom.

Major thumbs up from me!

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 05:32:50 AM »
Simmons had a hell of a career before they made him a sad joke. He was a legit powerhouse in every sense of the word, the 1st black HW champ (as previously stated), a front runner of the attitude era as leader of the NOD & one half of 2 of the best / most dominant tag teams we've ever seen in the Acolytes (APA was the start of their demise) & Doom.

Major thumbs up from me!

In an interview with Simmons, he said he was glad to win the Hvywt championship but enjoyed Tags Team better. Said he couldn't pick his favorite between Doom and APA but said that what you saw in the Vignettes for APA was pretty much them real life, poker, bars etc.

Never thought DAMN would catch on like it did

yates fan

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 04:40:22 PM »
glad to see ron simmons being inducted and i cant believe mil mascaras is just now going in.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 04:56:50 PM »
glad to see ron simmons being inducted and i cant believe mil mascaras is just now going in.

Well, they go by order of importance: Pete Rose, Koko B. Ware, the Survivor Series turkey...

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 01:00:52 PM »

I'd much rather see Simmons inducted before a lot of the other people who are already in it.

I will agree with that for sure.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 01:18:16 PM »
I will agree with that for sure.

Ah, what the hell...
It's already too far gone to be taken seriously.
I guess the same can be said for the industry.

At least we'll always have Youtube & ESPN Classic!

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 05:54:51 AM »
The Wrestling Observer is reporting that TNA has yet to grant Ric Flair permission to attend the 2012 WWE Hall of Fame Ceremony, during which he is supposed to be inducted along with the Four Horsemen.

Flair has stated publicly several times that he will be at the event.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 07:36:54 AM »
The Wrestling Observer is reporting that TNA has yet to grant Ric Flair permission to attend the 2012 WWE Hall of Fame Ceremony, during which he is supposed to be inducted along with the Four Horsemen.

Flair has stated publicly several times that he will be at the event.

He will be at the event but will he be on camera??

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 04:18:06 PM »
Looking forward to Edges induction speech. What a Superstar that guy is. Mike Tyson should be hilarious!

Who's inducting Iron Mike?
Is it Austin?

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2012, 03:25:25 AM »
Anyone know where the wwe hall of fame is?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2012, 05:13:50 AM »
Anyone know where the wwe hall of fame is?

I believe it was proposed being built somewhere in FL, but I don't know what the status is.
The idea is to erect it in a location that sees heavy tourist/vacationer traffic.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2012, 02:57:54 AM »
I was being sarcastic about location. I know this was something along with everything else in the world, Bruno was upset about...all this hype about the HOF but there is no physical location.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2012, 09:40:47 AM »
 ;D maybe they'll build it next to the weider research clinic,which was actually pointed out to me when i questioned it's actual existance.
F

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2012, 10:49:09 AM »
I havent caught up with WWE programming for a few weeks but have they announced Yoko's induction yet?