Author Topic: anyone tried xanax as a sleeping med????  (Read 7108 times)

j_mtl

• Getbig II
anyone tried xanax as a sleeping med????
« on: January 29, 2012, 11:04:31 PM »
hey guys, has anyone tried xanax as a sleeping medication???post your experiences plz, thks in advance.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
Re: anyone tried xanax as a sleeping med????
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 01:36:03 AM »
my neighbour did, he got addicted and died cause he went off it.

try other techniques man.

they will send you to sleep but your body will wont more and more of it and bang your hooked.

whitewidow

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 01:43:51 AM »
I use it to sleep(personally best stuff I ever used for sleep) and just to chill out in life. I run Hot! I need something to calm me down!I am always hyped up!Xanax(alprazolam) is great for trensomnia especially since tren and other AAS combined raise my BP and the xanax(alprazolam) lower it back to a normal level. Alot of people who are not used to xanax(alprazolam) it makes them tired but me since I need it because of how hyped up I get I can take it and workout on a low dose say 1mg. but when I use it to sleep. I take at least 2mg before bed. I also take some after my post workout meal to chill out on. xanax and other benzos like klonopin  are human ttranquilizers but they also have muscle relaxant property's. so they will ease up muscle tension as well. The top benzos go like this in my book

1. xanax
2.klonopin
3. valium
4. ativan(lorazepam)

there are more benzos but these are the best and strongest benzos--IMO. but if you live in europe and can get Rohypnol that is a very strong benzo! banned in the USA due to people using it as a date rape drug. all these drugs are very addictive so if you take them be careful and use the least amount possible to get by. benzo withdrawal will cripple you. you will be on your knees you will be so withdrawal sick. you can easily seizure if you take benzos and stop cold turkey like quickerblades friend.

but you would have to be taking quite a bit. a few mgs a day and you still should taper off the drug. dont ever stop a benzo cold turkey! very dangerous as we have heard from quickerblade. and I have came over to someones house and I found them  on the floor totally passed out foaming at the mouth. had to go to the hospital by ambulence! you can easily take to much underestimating its power! these are serious narcotics if you take them start off very low and try to stay at a very low amount! i have a prescription for xanax and they were hard to get prescribed I had to go through alot of other benzos before I got them to precribe me xanax. went through ativan,klonopin and then they gave me xanax. and they will only fill it for me every 28 days. not a day earlier!

j_mtl

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 04:17:11 AM »
Thks for your posting ww, that was very helpful....see i been thinking over about benzos for a while now, the reason is that im experience some chronic insomnia wich i believe may be a combination of factors from working long hours,stress of daily life and somr anxiety from my last cycle wich i went up to 600 mg tren ace a week... and thats when it hit me, the trensomnia...it got so bad that i couldnt sleep for 3 days straight...since i stop the tren i still feel the insomnia present,i think anxiety has a lot to do with it, especialy becouse it unleaches some asthma wich doesnt hlp my case..... so i think im gonna start with some xanax...selfprescribed, and i was thinking about using only when insomnia gets really bad, not on a daily basis...any recomendations on it????

whitewidow

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 07:44:35 AM »
Thks for your posting ww, that was very helpful....see i been thinking over about benzos for a while now, the reason is that im experience some chronic insomnia wich i believe may be a combination of factors from working long hours,stress of daily life and somr anxiety from my last cycle wich i went up to 600 mg tren ace a week... and thats when it hit me, the trensomnia...it got so bad that i couldnt sleep for 3 days straight...since i stop the tren i still feel the insomnia present,i think anxiety has a lot to do with it, especialy becouse it unleaches some asthma wich doesnt hlp my case..... so i think im gonna start with some xanax...selfprescribed, and i was thinking about using only when insomnia gets really bad, not on a daily basis...any recomendations on it????

get a prescription because you could get into a habit of taking it and if you run out you will have bad withdrawals! xanax is no joke! and you can start taking alot easy! if you just take 2-4 mg before bed you will sleep if it is legit xanax like I posted. pfizer,sandoz,greenstone,actavis/purepac, dava. are all good brands and cheap except the pfizer xanax that is name brand but they make a generic it is made in the same plant as well as the sandoz xanax all  made at the same plant. start just at 1mg before bed maybe 2mg before bed and if that works and you sleep well. stick t that level. only problem is you can get a tolerance quick and next thing you know you are taking 4mg-6mg before bed. always have a legal script incase you run out you can always go to urgent care and they will give you xanax because if you are taking somewhat big doses and quite cold turkey you can have a seizure easily.

if you dont have a seizure I promise you the worst flu like symptoms ever. so make sure if you buy it off the black market it is american grade and has a imprint on the tab or bar that you can look-up online to verify your xanax. stay away from mylan xanax and qualitest xanax as both are very poor quality! greenstone is probably the best because they are the same as pfizer made by pfizer thats just their generic tab and same with sandoz they are made at the same plant.
purepac/actavis is another choice that are good quality, just stay away from qualitest or mylan xanax! and get a PRESCRIPTION! I get trensomnia real bad off of the jinan trenax anything over 300mg gives me trensomnia.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 07:47:15 AM »
I would only use it as a last resort.

1mg should knock you out quickly.

I prefer Valium for anxiety relief, but I haven't taken anything like that in many years.

Back in college i had extremely high anxiety and i swear smoking a few puffs of weed would knock me out cold and make me sleep like a baby.

Good luck!

8)

supernick

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 07:59:03 AM »
yes works well went to the doc said i caNT Sleep, he persacribed me a WHole bunch.  maKES u so relaXed

SmoofCat

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 01:07:10 PM »
I use a few Ativan a week. It is in my opinion a life saving med

qbkilla

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 05:47:04 PM »
never thought about using a drug like this,,,does this work for social anxiety?   like not wanting to go up to a chick at a gas station or club and talk to her just because you get anxios about dumb petty stuff like that? 

hematocritter

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 05:57:45 PM »
never thought about using a drug like this,,,does this work for social anxiety?   like not wanting to go up to a chick at a gas station or club and talk to her just because you get anxios about dumb petty stuff like that? 
klonopin is prescribed for social anxiety.
Tolerance to benzos builds up fast and withdrawal is a bitch.

GBLurker

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 05:58:28 PM »
Ask your doctor for a script of zopiclone. That shit will knock you out within a half hour, and its pretty cheap as well. Only side is that it leaves a weird taste in your mouth... Cant say anything about longterm sides since i dont take it on a regular basis

GBLurker

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 06:11:42 PM »
I just read on wikipedia that you can build a dependence on zopiclone if you use it for more then a few weeks, so i would keep that in mind if you do consider taking, you can read more about it here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zopiclone. Personally I have had sleeping problems since I have been a kid, so im kind of used to not getting a full nights sleep and only take sleep aids if i really need to. At most I have taken zopiclone 2-3 times a month since i dont want to get dependent on it

SmoofCat

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 10:29:52 PM »

na dude that's not why you take these meds. i personally had anxiety LONG before I did gear, and have had a prescription for either valium, or ativan since I was 16. I only take it about 3 times a week though, and half of a pill of the minimum dose.

I get basically panic attacks, because I get way too into my own head. I will start thinking about my future when I am alone, and all of a sudden I work myself into a frenzy and I can't breathe very well. This is when ativan saves my fucking day.

if you are taking these meds for social reasons like to talk to girls, that is an issue because they are in fact addictive.

whitewidow

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 11:46:38 PM »
never thought about using a drug like this,,,does this work for social anxiety?   like not wanting to go up to a chick at a gas station or club and talk to her just because you get anxios about dumb petty stuff like that?  

Yes xanax works well for social anxiety that is another reason it is prescribed but if that is your problem they would kost likely give you klonopin wich is basically the same thing except it works a little slower. xanax is for someone who gets dizzy when they get around a large group of people or that feeling you get when you cant find your wallet and think you lost it some people get that type of feeling often, I tend to run real hot like I am overwhelmed and hyed up and need a calming agent I get sweaty palms and when I try to sleep my mind does not relax it just races and thinks about things xanax takes hat mind racing away and I just pass out my mind shuts down like it should and I get actual good REM sleep and when I wake-up I dont have dry mouth and feel good! no dry mouth or constipation like with some benzos.

You will find yourself being more social. at least that is how it worked for me I am way more social around people. I think it takes alot of fear away and you will find yourself talking to gilrs you usually might be nervous to approach all that fear just goes away for me when I started taking xanax. I would still approach girls when I wasn't on xanax but it took me more time and made me feel overwhelmed.with xanax I am way more relaxed and dont come off as nervous! wich women can tell if your nervous. helped my confidence level quite a bit even though I had no reason not to be confident. I am just a naturally shy type of person I used to not talk to people I didn't know but now I am way more social and life is alot better! plus I dont have sweaty palms like I used to. all the anxiety issues are passed down to me My moms side seems to have alot of people who had general anxiety and worries. alot of worry warts in the family!

some people it can really change their life but some people just do not need it and will get addicted!I would never mess with benzos unless you can obtain a legal prescriptrion. This way you can always get xanax, even if you run out a little early from refill time if you go to the ER they will make sure you get your xanax doctors know the potential dangerous effect of withdrawals from xanax. luckily I have never had to do that but that is because I get so many. If you get them black market you are not gauranteed a good quality USA brand and your dealers stash could go dry when you need them then you will be fucked.

so if you seriously want to mess with xanax or any tye of benzo go get a prescription. if you do not have insurance there are walk -in clinic that charge like 100$ at least where I am from and they will help you out. it is a schedule 4 druug so a doctor can put refills on your scipt up to 5 refills its not like a schedule 2 drug where you have to see the doctor every month but they might put a must last 30 day direction on it and pharmacys put that in their system and will not refill you early if you have no direction like that you can get a refill everry 20 days if you have refills on your script.

diamondcut

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2012, 11:50:40 PM »
my neighbour did, he got addicted and died cause he went off it.

lol nice first sentence of the first reply to this thread

way to break the ice

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 02:11:36 AM »
lol nice first sentence of the first reply to this thread

way to break the ice

LOL just trying the save the getbiggers life.

whitewidow

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2012, 03:32:35 AM »
LOL just trying the save the getbiggers life.

your friend was not getting it legally and did not no how to use it properly and was most likely using it to get high not because he had a real anxiety/panick attack problem. If I am wrong sorry! But everybody knows not to go off xanax cold turkey if they have gotten them from a doctor the pharmacist consults you when you get the prescriptions and go over the same shit everytime! They have to since it is a schedule 4 medication. Your friend didn't know what he was messing with. xanax is potent stuff! more addictive then heroin.and the withdrawals are just as bad if not worse. I have not ever been addicted to heroin but the old oxycontin is just synthetic heroin and more heroin addicts rather have oxycontin since it is more pure and pharmaceutical. If you have seen american gangster Frank bought about 90-98% heroin and he would cutt it down to 10% wich was twice as strong as Nickey barnes's dope.

so one pure kilo he would get 10 kilos off of. saw it on the history channels gangland called american gangster where they interview both Frank and nickey both who went Rat when they got busted. anyway 10% was potent. dosn't take much. Blue magic was 10% when it hit the streets and it was so strong even at 10% it caused alot of overdoses! the old formula of oxycontin the 80mg tablet was right about 30% pure synthetic heroin. I know this because a tab without the coding weighs 256mg  - the 80% of active ingredient 176mg is just cutt so it was a tad under 30% pure synthtic heroin wich is insanely high. this is why the government/DEA forced the FDA to make purdue to change the formula so they were abuse proof. I know alot of this has nothing to do with the thread except Drug companys sell some very addictive medicines and people die using them.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2012, 03:34:36 AM »

high dose test does this to me, i thouht it was EQ because i was running both at the time and anxiety always attributed to EQ, but nope it was the test for me.

steroids mess with your brain though, you could be getting anxiety from using a lot of gear if you didn't have it before.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2012, 04:06:25 AM »
never thought about using a drug like this,,,does this work for social anxiety?   like not wanting to go up to a chick at a gas station or club and talk to her just because you get anxios about dumb petty stuff like that?  

A low dose may help you get rid of the anxiety but when you start upping the dose you will not even care about talking to a hot chick. That's the problem with taking this sort of medication on daily basis cause at some point you'll want to increase the dose, and before you know it you're becoming a zombie but you'll be so far gone you wont even care. imo its best used sporadically because its really easy to start taking too much and developing a problem. Coming off is hell too which is another reason why I don't plan on using benzos anymore.

What you're concerned with seems perfectly normal to me. No one likes to get rejected and that's why some get all scared when approaching a chick. Your brain is trying to avoid the pain in dealing with rejection, so it sees the situation as a threat and you experience anxiety/fear. Why do you think alcohol gives you liquid courage..lol . Your brain no longer perceives dangers as it should and it lowers inhibitions. That's why some people display reckless behavior when they're drunk.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2012, 04:49:53 AM »
qbkilla, is that username supposed to mean quickerblade killa?

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2012, 04:50:50 AM »
your friend was not getting it legally and did not no how to use it properly and was most likely using it to get high not because he had a real anxiety/panick attack problem. If I am wrong sorry! But everybody knows not to go off xanax cold turkey if they have gotten them from a doctor the pharmacist consults you when you get the prescriptions and go over the same shit everytime! They have to since it is a schedule 4 medication. Your friend didn't know what he was messing with. xanax is potent stuff! more addictive then heroin.and the withdrawals are just as bad if not worse. I have not ever been addicted to heroin but the old oxycontin is just synthetic heroin and more heroin addicts rather have oxycontin since it is more pure and pharmaceutical. If you have seen american gangster Frank bought about 90-98% heroin and he would cutt it down to 10% wich was twice as strong as Nickey barnes's dope.

so one pure kilo he would get 10 kilos off of. saw it on the history channels gangland called american gangster where they interview both Frank and nickey both who went Rat when they got busted. anyway 10% was potent. dosn't take much. Blue magic was 10% when it hit the streets and it was so strong even at 10% it caused alot of overdoses! the old formula of oxycontin the 80mg tablet was right about 30% pure synthetic heroin. I know this because a tab without the coding weighs 256mg  - the 80% of active ingredient 176mg is just cutt so it was a tad under 30% pure synthtic heroin wich is insanely high. this is why the government/DEA forced the FDA to make purdue to change the formula so they were abuse proof. I know alot of this has nothing to do with the thread except Drug companys sell some very addictive medicines and people die using them.

No need to be sorry, he was using it to get high, every thing you said was right.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2012, 06:02:58 AM »
qbkilla, is that username supposed to mean quickerblade killa?

quarter back, lol

he's probably a linebacker guessing by the name

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2012, 07:12:27 AM »
na dude that's not why you take these meds. i personally had anxiety LONG before I did gear, and have had a prescription for either valium, or ativan since I was 16. I only take it about 3 times a week though, and half of a pill of the minimum dose.

I get basically panic attacks, because I get way too into my own head. I will start thinking about my future when I am alone, and all of a sudden I work myself into a frenzy and I can't breathe very well. This is when ativan saves my fucking day. 

Same here.  High anxiety and panic attacks run in my family on both sides.

I have had a script for Valium since I was 18 because of severe anxiety and panic attacks for no reason.  I used to get worked up over the smallest things and be shaking with anxiety over something that was just a drop in the bucket.

I haven't used any Valium in many years now because i finally figured out how to prevent anxiety from getting out of control.  I know it sounds simple but i have found ways to meditate and relax my mind enough to eliminate most of my daily anxiety.

Sure, i still have high anxiety very regularly, but i haven't had a panic attack or taken a Valium in many years.

8)

SmoofCat

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2012, 10:58:25 AM »
quarter back, lol

he's probably a linebacker guessing by the name

he's a queens bridge killa obviously,

like mobb deep

and ron artest

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2012, 11:18:00 AM »
Same here.  High anxiety and panic attacks run in my family on both sides.

I have had a script for Valium since I was 18 because of severe anxiety and panic attacks for no reason.  I used to get worked up over the smallest things and be shaking with anxiety over something that was just a drop in the bucket.

I haven't used any Valium in many years now because i finally figured out how to prevent anxiety from getting out of control.  I know it sounds simple but i have found ways to meditate and relax my mind enough to eliminate most of my daily anxiety.

Sure, i still have high anxiety very regularly, but i haven't had a panic attack or taken a Valium in many years.

8)

Thats awesome!

I figure we as getbiggers should cause anxiety in other people not the other way around.