Author Topic: Good Muslim Family  (Read 3746 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: Good Muslim Family
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 04:29:45 AM »
Been a big story, here. When the original story broke we all said the 'accident' was one of those 'honour' killings. It fooled no one, let alone the police. There was even a bomb threat phoned into the courthouse. Religion of incompetents.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 04:32:21 AM »
Religion of incompetents.

Well you'd have to have a damned low IQ to follow that cult.  It was founded by a child molester, what can you expect?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 03:13:41 PM »
as a Canadian tax payer I am offended that we will be paying $210000/yr to keep the 3 of them locked up...

kill them or ship them back to Afghanistan...

Naggash

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 11:48:51 PM »
The wonders of multiculturalism

What fucking idiot wants to invite 3rd world shitbags into their country?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 06:54:39 AM »
The wiretaps, which capture Shafia spewing vitriol about his dead daughters, calling them treacherous and whores and invoking the devil to defecate on their graves, were a focal point of the trial.

"There can be no betrayal, no treachery, no violation more than this," Shafia said on one recording. "Even if they hoist me up onto the gallows ... nothing is more dear to me than my honour."

:-\

You hear about "honor killings" but is there really "scripture" or whatever the text in the Qu'ran is called that advocates these atrocities?
R

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 11:57:09 AM »
The wiretaps, which capture Shafia spewing vitriol about his dead daughters, calling them treacherous and whores and invoking the devil to defecate on their graves, were a focal point of the trial.

"There can be no betrayal, no treachery, no violation more than this," Shafia said on one recording. "Even if they hoist me up onto the gallows ... nothing is more dear to me than my honour."

You hear about "honor killings" but is there really "scripture" or whatever the text in the Qu'ran is called that advocates these atrocities?
I'm sure it's just like the Bible, where you can pick and choose bits to suit any purpose.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 12:11:19 PM »
I'm sure it's just like the Bible, where you can pick and choose bits to suit any purpose.
Jesus - never use violence or harbor any negatvity, let your enemies crucify you if they wish and only weep that god forgive them while they do it

muhammad - love everybody, unless they disagree with you, then kill them

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 01:06:51 PM »

Have you ever read the Bible or Qu'ran or any other book of faith chimps?   

But is that actually written in there somewhere?

R

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 01:12:26 PM »
Jesus - never use violence or harbor any negatvity, let your enemies crucify you if they wish and only weep that god forgive them while they do it

this is utter nonsense. There are moments from Jesus' life where he did use physical violence, as he did when he entered a temple:

Matthew 21:12-13 (New American Standard Bible)

12 And Jesus entered the temple and drove out all those who were buying and selling in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who were selling doves.
13 And He said to them, “It is written, ‘MY HOUSE SHALL BE CALLED A HOUSE OF PRAYER’; but you are making it a ROBBERS’ DEN.”

As for the use of violence by Muhammed, it was not to subdue the unbelievers into believing. The Qur'an is very clear about this:

Baqarah 256:
Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in God hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And God heareth and knoweth all things.
follow the arrows

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 01:16:55 PM »

No there is no basis in religion for their actions whatsoever. There is a very heavy cultural component to this- in the afgahni culture they place a very high value on honor, and women are often bearers of this burden because they are held up to a higher standard of morality (not unlike our own when you think about it).
follow the arrows

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 01:18:00 PM »
this is utter nonsense. There are moments from Jesus' life where he did use physical violence, as he did when he entered a temple:

Matthew 21:12-13 (New American Standard Bible)

12 And Jesus entered the temple and drove out all those who were buying and selling in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who were selling doves.
13 And He said to them, “It is written, ‘MY HOUSE SHALL BE CALLED A HOUSE OF PRAYER’; but you are making it a ROBBERS’ DEN.”

As for the use of violence by Muhammed, it was not to subdue the unbelievers into believing. The Qur'an is very clear about this:

Baqarah 256:
Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in God hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And God heareth and knoweth all things.

Thanks haidar!  So there is nowhere in there that advocates "honor" killings as well?  If that is correct is there a scripture (or whatever the text is called) from which these people could be misinterpreting?

EDIT:  just saw your above post.  Thanks!

Also, Jesus' response in the above scenario was "righteous anger" in that the sellers were price gouging people in the temple. 
R

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 01:19:52 PM »
Thanks haidar!  So there is nowhere in there that advocates "honor" killings as well?  If that is correct is there a scripture (or whatever the text is called) from which these people could be misinterpreting?

EDIT:  just saw your above post.  Thanks!

Also, Jesus' response in the above scenario was "righteous anger" in that the sellers were price gouging people in the temple. 
I'm not saying Jesus' anger was misplaced, we view Jesus as infallible as well.
follow the arrows

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 01:29:47 PM »
I'm not saying Jesus' anger was misplaced, we view Jesus as infallible as well.

Thanks for this info haidar!

What is the Muslim view of the Christian Bible?  .... Because Jesus does claim He is God in the Bible.

R

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 04:11:45 PM »
Thanks for this info haider!

What is the Muslim view of the Christian Bible?  .... Because Jesus does claim He is God in the Bible.

Correction, though the misspelling is cute  ;D

Muslims believe the Torah and the Gospels to basically be corrupted revelations that were sent to Moses and Jesus. This is talked about directly in the Qur'an.

For example:
"Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say:"This is from Allah," to traffic with it for miserable price!- Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby" Quran 2:79

Some more verses regarding christians and jews:

"Verily! Those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, ... whoever believes in Allāh and the Last Day and do righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve ." Quran 2:62

"Those who believe (in the Qur'an) those who follow the Jewish (Scriptures) and the Sabians and the Christians―any who believe in Allāh and the Last Day, and work righteousness―on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve." Quran 5:69

"Verily, those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Sabians, and the Christians, and the Majus, and those who worship others besides Allāh, truly, Allāh will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection. Verily! Allāh is Witness over all things." Quran 22:17
follow the arrows

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 07:43:30 PM »
In the above post i meant to say corrupted after being revealed, not that there was some signal interference during the revalations that caused them to be corrupt  ;D
follow the arrows

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2012, 09:04:34 AM »
Interesting, thanks haider! ;D

A few more questions please..

1.  Who are the Sabians and the Majus?

2.  What = salvation (going to heaven) for Muslims?  Looks like belief in Allah and good deeds are required...anything else?

3.  What do they mean by the "Last Day?"

R

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2012, 11:40:57 PM »
this shafia is an ass hole. the girls loved canada and were full of life. jealous old fuck of these wonderful girls.
X

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, 05:42:19 AM »
Funny religion.  Their beloved Mohammed can have sex with pre teen kiddies and they love him, but if their daughters wear tight jeans they deserve death.