Author Topic: Does Romney now have a "Birther" problem as well?  (Read 309 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Does Romney now have a "Birther" problem as well?
« on: January 30, 2012, 05:18:39 AM »
Mitt Romney’s Father Was A Mexican Citizen When Mitt Was Born
politicalvelcraft.org ^

Posted on Monday, January 30, 2012 7:45:33 AM by tsowellfan

Is Mitt Romney a “natural born citizen”? It is absolutely clear that Mitt Romney is NOT a Natural Born Citizen unless he can prove that George Romney gained citizenship from naturalization prior to Mitt’s birth in 1947.

Mitt Romney’s father George was born in Chihuahua, Mexico in 1907, the son of Gaskell Romney and Anna Amelia Pratt. Three generations of Romneys lived in Mexico because Miles Park Romney, a polygamist, moved the family there in 1884 as it became increasingly clear that the U.S. government would not tolerate polygamy in the Utah Territory.

The 1882 Edmunds Act stripped polygamists of the basic rights of U.S. citizenship, denying them the right to vote, serve on juries or hold office. Not dissimilar to current immigration raids, U.S. federal agents hunted and arrested polygamists. Polygamists were forced to leave the country or risk jail.

Miles Romney chose to leave the country, bringing his multiple wives and children with him across the southern border. In his 1902 book The Story of the Mormons, author William Alexander Linn states that the “Secretario de Fomento of Mexico” related that “The laws of this country [Mexico] do not permit polygamy,” and that the contracts for the establishment of Mormon colonies in Mexico required the same. If true, Miles Romney then knowingly arrived in direct violation of Mexican immigration law.

Utah became a state in 1896, only after laws were passed there prohibiting polygamy. While polygamy may have been illegal in both countries, the Romneys still found Mexico more to their liking. All four of George’s (Mitt’s father) grandparents would live out their days in Mexico, with Anna’s mother Dorsey being the last to die — in Chihuahua in 1929...

(Excerpt) Read more at politicalvelcraft.org ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Does Romney now have a "Birther" problem as well?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 06:25:51 AM »
Mitt Romney’s father George was born in Chihuahua, Mexico in 1907,

I thought Mitt's dad ran for president back in the day?   

FarRightLooney

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 10:11:58 AM »
WOW! I'm shocked and I know I shouldn't be. Romney does have NBC issues. I just went to pull some info from wiki that I had read months ago - and it's been rewritten. No mention under "George Romney" at all. Did a search for "George Romney presidential run" and it says

"While Romney was born in Mexico, he was still considered a viable and legal candidate for United States president. His Mormon grandfather and his three wives had fled to Mexico in 1886, but none of them ever relinquished U.S. citizenship."

There used to be text talking about the questions concerning his eligibility. It's been scrubbed.

Utah became a state in 1896

Miles took family to Mexico in 1884 - 12 years before Utah became a state.

Gaskell born in Utah in 1871 - 25 years before Utah became a state

George born in Mexico in 1907 - How did George obtain US citizenship? And did he do so before Mitt was born?

Mitt born in Michigan in 1947

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 11:01:56 AM »
What about his grades?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 05:56:21 PM »
Aw shit...here we go again.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 06:19:46 PM »
why don't we just drop this crap so we can all vote for Arnold ;D

FarRightLooney

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 11:46:15 AM »
Might as well let Arnold run

So Arnold is ELIGIBLE to be President? I just want clarification of your position. He is a naturalized citizen. Are his rights being violated by not allowing him to run for President?