Author Topic: Chad Ochocinco celebrates first Super Bowl with extravagant gift to teammates  (Read 2270 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
As the New England Patriots make that long, harrowing, three-hour trip from Boston to Indianapolis for the Super Bowl, they can do it in engrossed in their music. That's thanks to a gift from receiver Chad Ochocinco, who is participating in the first Super Bowl in his career.

The Boston Herald reports that Ochocinco dropped around $28,000 on Beats by Dre Headphones for every member of the team. The headphones, widely regarded as the best in the industry, were designed by rapper Dr. Dre. The version Ochocinco picked out for the team produce a "clean, yet forceful sound."

Wes Welker thinks the team needs to tune out distractions:

"The game is the most important thing and all I really look forward to and concentrate on," WR Wes Welker said. "Everything else is just kinda noise. I think the fun part is really arriving there and getting away from everything and really concentrating on the game and the task at hand."

Which makes the gifts perfect, because of their noise-canceling quality.

They are also capable of connecting to each other, meaning that the whole team can be connected and listening to the same song, but Bill Belichick won't be forced to listen to those darn kids' music. The headphones elicited excited tweets from Ochocinco's teammates, who thanked him for his kindness and shared pictures of the gift.

The headphones are the second gift bestowed on the Patriots this week. On Friday, UGGs and its spokesman, Tom Brady, gave the entire team a pair of boots.

che

• Getbig V
Great thread

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
and these jackasses wonder why theyre broke 3 weeks after they retire. ::)

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
Awesome

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
You think all of these assholes that make millions of dollars really need someone to buy them headphones.  Like they can't afford their own.

just bullshit marketing by Beats by Dre.  Who makes these anyways?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
I`m sure the Pats were grateful for the boots and headphones.
::)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
You think all of these assholes that make millions of dollars really need someone to buy them headphones.  Like they can't afford their own.

just bullshit marketing by Beats by Dre.  Who makes these anyways?
he'll be like "TO" in a few years crying about being broke, "whaaaaaaaa, whaaaaaaaa, i "trusted" too many people, it wasnt the 80,000 bucks in rims i bought for the Escalade, the 10,000,000 dollar mansion that dropped 5 mil in value that i defaulted on or my momma, brutha, sista, cuz's houses i bought" ::)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
is this a retirement gift?  i can't stand this loud mouth Mfer.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016

just bullshit marketing by Beats by Dre.  Who makes these anyways?

Colby  :D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
he'll be like "TO" in a few years crying about being broke, "whaaaaaaaa, whaaaaaaaa, i "trusted" to many people, it wasnt the 80,000 bucks in rims i bought for the Escalade, the 10,000,000 dollar mansion that dropped 5 mil in value that i defaulted on or my momma, brutha, sista, cuz's houses i bought" ::)

I don't see it that way with Ochocinco. I follow him pretty closely and even though he does have big mouth he's smart with his money. He spends within HIS budget. He had a home about four houses up from my wife's aunts home in the Hollywood Hills and dumped it right when he started to take a loss on the depreciation. Last week someone asked him a question about his phone because he said he hates to talk on a cell phone because it wastes minutes then someone commented about why should he worry about that with the money he makes, he clarified that he has pre-payed cell and tries to save money when ever he can because "all of this football money ain't gonna last forever"!

$28k to him is like a couple of hundred to you and me.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
I don't see it that way with Ochocinco. I follow him pretty closely and even though he does have big mouth he's smart with his money. He spends within HIS budget. He had a home about four houses up from my wife's aunts home in the Hollywood Hills and dumped it right when he started to take a loss on the depreciation. Last week someone asked him a question about his phone because he said he hates to talk on a cell phone because it wastes minutes then someone commented about why should he worry about that with the money he makes, he clarified that he has pre-payed cell and tries to save money when ever he can because "all of this football money ain't gonna last forever"!

i see what youre saying but let me put it to you like this, do you think Ray Walton would have ever spent that type of money on headphones?

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!

you lost my respect, coach, when you refused to repost hot softball girls.  i'm tired of those mma photos.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Colby  :D

Pretty sure HTC bought beats by Dre for $300 million....

So overrated!

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
He could of spent that 28k on helping his starving black brothers in Africa. :(

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
Chad is going to be the poster boy for athletes going broke after retirement.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
or just put it in an interest building retirement plan but these "affleeets" dont have the brains nature gave a squirrel.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
I met this guy a few years back my gym. He was getting ready for camp boxing etc. he seemed like an ok guy when we talked. Yes he is a clown. Doesn't take himself too serious type. Joker type. Not as bad as most make him out to be.

He took time after his workouts to take pics and autograph every single time I saw him there also. Very friendly type.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

How do you know he didn't? You could take money you spend on bullshit and send it but do you? Stupid ass statement.

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
How do you know he didn't? You could take money you spend on bullshit and send it but do you? Stupid ass statement.

Just a hunch. :D

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Ocho fucking blows!  Has done nothing to help my team this year. It's time for him to make up for it in the superbowl, especially since it looks like Gronk will be hobbled  :-\

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Ocho fucking blows!  Has done nothing to help my team this year. It's time for him to make up for it in the superbowl, especially since it looks like Gronk will be hobbled  :-\

He's had almost no playing time this year. How can he "blow" with little playing time?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
He's had almost no playing time this year. How can he "blow" with little playing time?
He couldn't grasp the offense, and he runs horrible routes.  He could get away with that as a Bengal, not as a Patriot.  It's sad when you can't even be the team's third receiver.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
and these jackasses wonder why theyre broke 3 weeks after they retire. ::)

x2, $28,000 on headphones, great investment.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
He couldn't grasp the offense, and he runs horrible routes.  He could get away with that as a Bengal, not as a Patriot.  It's sad when you can't even be the team's third receiver.

Shit happens when you don't even get reps in practice.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Like I said. Ocho bought them shit.  It is marketing.  How did something so usless become a story promoting the product?  Found on wikipedia that Monster Cable owns them.  There you go.  Overpriced , overmarketed shit products with a shiny label.