Author Topic: Who Benefits from Food Stamps?  (Read 5732 times)

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
Re: Who Benefits from Food Stamps?
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2012, 04:54:22 PM »
In present day, I think this is correct. Alot more families are in the same boat. I was listening to news radio show this am..He's an accountant, wife laid off, 3 kids, parents were skipping meals to make mortgage payment, etc..
And thats Where FOOD STAMP BENEFITS need to come in.........but again, people are " too proud ". Im white and from the Western Brady Bunch Suburbs of Chicago and like i said, was on/off food stamps for 2 years AND i also bought HEALTHY food 95% of the time. I remember i was at the check out line, and the Cashier even told me......." Out of all the people i see use Food stamps, your one of the very few who actually buy healthy food ".

newmom

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2012, 05:11:31 PM »
And thats Where FOOD STAMP BENEFITS need to come in.........but again, people are " too proud ". Im white and from the Western Brady Bunch Suburbs of Chicago and like i said, was on/off food stamps for 2 years AND i also bought HEALTHY food 95% of time. I remember i was the check out line, and the Cashier even told me......." Out of all the people i see use Food stamps, your one of the very few who actually buy healthy food ".

I too was on them for a short period of time, 3 months when I first moved up here from nyc. It was a tough pill to swallow, I bought mostly produce and meat with them (most expensive). Past few months times were tough being only part time work and was on the verge to go back on them but luckily I got a great new job.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2012, 07:51:49 PM »

This is apparently the new millennium version of this song: