Author Topic: Mountain climber straps her toddler to her back as she scales rock faces  (Read 5147 times)

bradistani

• Getbig V
nice to involve your kids in your outdoor pursuits. but strapping a baby on your back to go rock climbing  :o

Mountain climber straps her toddler to her back as she scales rock faces

Mountain climber Menna Pritchard believes life is about taking risks. So what could be more hair-raising than scaling a sheer rock face – with your toddler strapped to your back?

Inseparable: Menna Pritchard takes daughter Ffion on another adventure (Picture: Hook News)

The adventure sports lover has been carrying two-year-old Ffion on rock climbing trips since she was a baby and defends her decision to allow her to share the experiences.

She said: ‘Some people would say I’m taking more risks than are necessary, but I am very conscious of safety and I would never do anything with Ffion that I thought would put her in danger.’

Head for heights: Ffion is strapped to her mother who negotiates a sheer rock face on safety ropes (Picture: Hook News)

Ms Pritchard, 26, studies at Trinity St  David in Carmarthen, south Wales, and works part time as an outdoor instructor while pursuing her love of adrenaline sports.

She said: ‘Ever since Ffion was born I have been either trying to do mountain climbing with her or forest walking or doing beach trips. The idea is that it’s fun and exciting for Ffion too and hopefully I am inspiring her and giving her access to the outdoors.’

Ffion was just four months old when her mother carried her up Pen y Fan, the highest peak in south Wales.

‘She was in a front carrier at that time and it really was incredibly safe,’ said Ms Pritchard, who split with Ffion’s father when she was three months pregnant.

She defended a photo she posted on her blog which was taken as she climbed a limestone rock face at The Gower, near Swansea, with an unhelmeted Ffion strapped to her back.

She said: ‘I was top-roping which means if you fall you don’t fall any farther than where you came off. It is the safest form of climbing you can do and I was in a beach environment surrounded by experienced climbers.’

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/889013-mountain-climber-straps-her-toddler-to-her-back-as-she-scales-rock-faces

Schmoff

• Getbig V
Re: Mountain climber straps her toddler to her back as she scales rock faces
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 11:31:37 AM »
looks like a hittable milf

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 11:31:54 AM »
That could be considered some sort of abuse... Like letting your 14 or 15 year old kid sail around the world.

Stupid.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 11:37:18 AM »
Damn fool.  There is no reason to take an unnecessary risk like that.  That is some bad parenting right there.
A

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 11:41:31 AM »
"She's unique, A primal, special relationship between mother and daughter, a bond created and nurtured in the wild, how dare the authorities even question such behaviour"

Following an accident

"Reckless and irresponsible, A tragic example of the failure of authorities to intervene in the behaviour of a mentally ill women."

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 11:42:58 AM »
"She's unique, A primal, special relationship between mother and daughter, a bond created and nurtured in the wild, how dare the authorities even question such behaviour"

Following an accident

"Reckless and irresponsible, A tragic example of the failure of authorities to intervene in the behaviour of a mentally ill women."

x2. cunt.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 11:44:56 AM »
seriously what a dumb pig, good she get world wide shit

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 11:47:11 AM »
Poor kid doesn't have a choice. What a selfish cow.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 11:47:54 AM »

Following an accident

^THIS^

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 11:48:16 AM »
What a C U N T

hematocritter

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 11:53:49 AM »
I'd rather be strapped to someone climbing a mountain than left in a crib somewhere.
I bet the kid is more likely to die at a public school than during these 'adrenaline fueled'
sporting activities that are actually extremely safe.
I went repelling down an 80ft waterfall earlier last month, right after a fat 50 year old
Jewish woman did it..... there is nothing dangerous about any of this crap when using
equipment. It's not free climbing or some other crazy shit that people do.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 11:57:13 AM »
I'd rather be strapped to someone climbing a mountain than left in a crib somewhere.
I bet the kid is more likely to die at a public school than during these 'adrenaline fueled'
I went repelling down an 80ft waterfall earlier this month, right after a fat 50 year old
Jewish woman did it..... there is nothing dangerous about any of this crap when using
equipment. It's not free climbing or some other crazy shit that people do.

And where is the line attached to the kid?

Looking at the photos, the baby is just hung on her back... one rip, spill, or fall and that kid is toast.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 11:57:45 AM »
looks like a hittable milf

My exact first thought !!  

Team High Test Levels 8)

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 12:08:33 PM »
I went repelling down an 80ft waterfall earlier last month, right after a fat 50 year old
equipment.
It's not free climbing or some other crazy shit that people do.

Like a helmet perhaps? Which the kid does not have.

As a guy who spends more time in the mountains than the gym these days, i love seeing kids out enjoying the outdoors with their parents but not when they're put at risk like that. I've seen it with my own eyes. All it takes is one little fumble or on rock dislodged from above and kid might never be the same.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 12:12:21 PM »
Like a helmet perhaps? Which the kid does not have.

As a guy who spends more time in the mountains than the gym these days, i love seeing kids out enjoying the outdoors with their parents but not when they're put at risk like that. I've seen it with my own eyes. All it takes is one little fumble or on rock dislodged from above and kid might never be the same.

A dose of sanity in this post.
A

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2012, 12:23:12 PM »
Stupid fucken kunt. That's the most ridicolous thing I've ever seen.

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2012, 12:41:12 PM »
In the U.S., that would be child endangerment.

BiGHer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2012, 12:59:35 PM »
This is an interesting thread to have on GB.com

Here is why:

Rock climbing is dangerous and many will argue that using steroids and PED's is dangerous.

Woman goes rock climbing with baby strapped to back and it raises some eye brows.  If I had a kid and started pinning them with juice as a toddler, I think I'd be doing some significant jail time.

Discuss this.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2012, 01:07:25 PM »
In the U.S., that would be child endangerment.

she's middle class so its ok ! its how it works over here  ::)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2012, 01:24:51 PM »
totally normal behavior....quality parenting

moley

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2012, 02:30:33 PM »
totally normal behavior....quality parenting

exactly. 

Polish Power

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2012, 02:45:19 PM »
Before you condemn this woman, I think we should address all the parents who drink and drive with their kids or smoke in the same house or vehicle as their kids. This to me is CRIMINAL!!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2012, 02:48:12 PM »
"women" with a tat on their upper arms are disgusting.....so it should be no surprise she is a turdball "mom."  This is beyond stupid.  It's like when some dumbass dies in a parachuting "accident"  Unless the plane was going down, it wasn't an "accident..."

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2012, 02:52:35 PM »
She's wearing a helmut but her toddler isn't.   ???  I think this is insane.  One fall and it's over for him.  Even it it's only a metre or two off the ground, he isn't wearing any helmut so he's pretty much dead or a vegetable.  It would be more responsible to leave her child at home while being taken care of by family or a good friend, than put him in danger through her various adrenaline sports.

Jizzacked

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2012, 03:01:52 PM »
look at her man smiling his ass off like a fucking doofus... he should have beat the shit out of her the second she mentioned the idea.