Author Topic: Crooked NY ex-Cop dodges jail with sob story!  (Read 4594 times)

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
Crooked NY ex-Cop dodges jail with sob story!
« on: February 02, 2012, 02:24:53 PM »
Now that's a sob story.

A corrupt ex-cop wept his way out of a jail sentence today after he begged his victims and a Brooklyn judge for mercy as he cried bitter tears of remorse.
Jason Arbeeny faced several years in prison for planting drugs on a couple in 2007 and Brooklyn Supreme Court Justice Gustin Reichbach was so taken by his abject pleas that he reversed course and sentenced the disgraced officer to probation.
"I can’t look at myself in the mirror anymore. I cant kiss my children without feeling dirty," Arbeeny said. "Please sir, I'm begging you, don't send me to jail."
Reichbach, who said he was shocked by the casualness of the way Arbeeny and his cohorts framed innocent people, called Arbeeny's crimes "a reprehensible abuse of trust and authority."
"I came into court this morning determined that the nature of the crime required some jail time," the jurist said. "I frankly didn't expect the defendant at the 11th hour to be making these claims."
After a huddle with lawyers, Reichbach gave Arbeeny, who lost his job, pension and soon his house, five years probation and 300 hours of community service.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/crooked_ex_cop_dodges_jail_by_weeping_IMS9k45lvUtvJAQWLzXWTI

- Discuss
#

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: Crooked NY ex-Cop dodges jail with sob story!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 02:34:34 PM »
Now that's a sob story.

A corrupt ex-cop wept his way out of a jail sentence today after he begged his victims and a Brooklyn judge for mercy as he cried bitter tears of remorse.
Jason Arbeeny faced several years in prison for planting drugs on a couple in 2007 and Brooklyn Supreme Court Justice Gustin Reichbach was so taken by his abject pleas that he reversed course and sentenced the disgraced officer to probation.
"I can’t look at myself in the mirror anymore. I cant kiss my children without feeling dirty," Arbeeny said. "Please sir, I'm begging you, don't send me to jail."
Reichbach, who said he was shocked by the casualness of the way Arbeeny and his cohorts framed innocent people, called Arbeeny's crimes "a reprehensible abuse of trust and authority."
"I came into court this morning determined that the nature of the crime required some jail time," the jurist said. "I frankly didn't expect the defendant at the 11th hour to be making these claims."
After a huddle with lawyers, Reichbach gave Arbeeny, who lost his job, pension and soon his house, five years probation and 300 hours of community service.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/crooked_ex_cop_dodges_jail_by_weeping_IMS9k45lvUtvJAQWLzXWTI

- Discuss
Hmm. As much as I hate corruption, especially the cop kind, it appears that this case has already scuppered this guys' life. Would have to know more about the 'planting' and the defendants, and their circumstances, to see if serious jail time was warranted. I would assume this was a clear-cut case. 

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 02:34:51 PM »
The judge in the case needs to be disbarred. Filthy bastards

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 02:49:21 PM »
 I wonder if this cop was following someone for so long he just lost it. Its hard watching someone you know that is guilty as hell get away from you time and time again. And its becoming harder and harder to convict someone. In most cases you need serious solid evidence. I'm sure thats something a judge can understand.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 02:50:52 PM »
He won't recover.
~

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 02:51:58 PM »
I wonder if this cop was following someone for so long he just lost it. Its hard watching someone you know that is guilty as hell get away from you time and time again. And its becoming harder and harder to convict someone. In most cases you need serious solid evidence. I'm sure thats something a judge can understand.
I see your point,but if you`re a cop and you`re gonna` do something like that.......don`t get caught.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 02:55:09 PM »
And let's not forget that cops plant stuff when they 'know' someone is guilty*, but lack the evidence at the time. Yes, it's expedient, but when it's wrong....it goes horrible...for everyone involved.

*yes, they do.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 02:56:11 PM »
The only thing worse than a crook,is a crooked cop.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 02:56:38 PM »
Never happened on my show.
~

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 02:58:56 PM »
what a stupid fucking f a g g o t  of a judge .... this piece of shit Brooklyn Supreme Court Justice Gustin Reichbach should have been dragged to the street and hung .

Court of Justice  ::) ::) ::)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 03:01:06 PM »
Pfft. Says the guy who had an open-door policy with Otis. Oh brother.

/and Floyd was dealing out of the shop.  

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 03:01:47 PM »
Two words: Barney Fife !  :)

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 03:04:15 PM »
Pfft. Says the guy who had an open-door policy with Otis. Oh brother.

/and Floyd was dealing out of the shop.  

Shows what you know.  Floyd was an informant and Otis, as a citizen of Uganda (the white sheep of his family) had diplomatic immunity.  
~

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 03:05:19 PM »
Two words: Barney Fife !  :)

Barney was incompetent, not corrupt.      >:(
~

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 03:06:07 PM »
Barney was incompetent, not corrupt.      >:(

He was dumb too!  ;D

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 03:12:00 PM »
He was dumb too!  ;D

Watch your mouth, convict.

You never know how true these things are, but I have read in several places that Don Knotts was hung like a mule.  :-X
~

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 03:13:33 PM »
Shows what you know.  Floyd was an informant and Otis, as a citizen of Uganda (the white sheep of his family) had diplomatic immunity.  
Fark me! That must have happened when they went from B/W to colour.       ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 03:14:20 PM »
Watch your mouth, convict.

You never know how true these things are, but I have read in several places that Don Knotts was hung like a mule.  :-X
<* exits thread hastily *>   

;D

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 03:44:46 PM »
Thats nothing, this girl STOLE £1.4 million ($2.2 million) and wont even face prosecution for it!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2012/02/02/outrage-as-city-fatcat-that-stole-1-4million-escapes-prosecution-115875-23731769/

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 03:45:19 PM »
WTF?!? he deserves to go to prison!!!! And people wonder why the country is going down the shitter.
A

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2012, 04:46:00 PM »
Its hard watching someone you know that is guilty as hell get away from you time and time again. And its becoming harder and harder to convict someone. In most cases you need serious solid evidence.

There's a huge difference between having "serious solid evidence" and planting evidence that was never there in order to frame someone of a crime.

Then you have have to think of where this guy has been; did he frame some guy that married the girl he had a high school crush on because he couldn't get her? Maybe someone cut him off in traffic, he got the plate # and the next day planted shit at their house.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2012, 04:50:21 PM »
Now that's a sob story.

- Discuss

what a kunt  ::)

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2012, 05:55:38 PM »
There's a huge difference between having "serious solid evidence" and planting evidence that was never there in order to frame someone of a crime.

Then you have have to think of where this guy has been; did he frame some guy that married the girl he had a high school crush on because he couldn't get her? Maybe someone cut him off in traffic, he got the plate # and the next day planted shit at their house.

Either scenario is a possibility. But, seeing the judge didn't award jail time I doubt he planted something on an innocent victim.

There's a big difference between making someone innocent guilty and making someone guilty, guilty in the court of law.

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2012, 07:16:27 PM »
WTF?!? he deserves to go to prison!!!! And people wonder why the country is going down the shitter.

He sure does deserve to. Now if it was an "average joe", they'll throw the book at you within an instant sec'.
#