Author Topic: Diaz vs Conduit  (Read 2743 times)

bigmc

• Getbig V
Diaz vs Conduit
« on: February 04, 2012, 06:32:27 AM »
I have Diaz by decision after a war
T

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
Re: Diaz vs Conduit
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 10:41:48 AM »

Ed Herman vs. Clifford Starks - tough choice for me, could go either way but im picking a split decision

Renan Barao vs. Scott Jorgensen - Scott's durable but im going for 2nd round submission

Josh Koscheck vs. Mike Pierce - again Mike is very durable but IF Kos is focused its a 2nd round TKO

Roy Nelson vs. Fabricio Werdum - tempted to go for 2nd round KO for Nelson, but thinking Werdum by 3rd round submission

Carlos Condit vs. Nick Diaz - 2nd round TKO, bring on GSP

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 11:58:56 AM »
This point fighting business is going to ruin the sport just like boxing. Sure Condit won this going by this scoring system they have come up with to judge fights, but if Diaz hadn't of stalked and chased Condit most of the time nothing would of happened at all, because Carlos sure as fuck didn't want to engage with Diaz. Props to Greg Jackson for finding a loophole in the scoring system and exploiting it.

Condit vs GSP fight of the year!  ::)

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 05:09:01 PM »
counter punching is a "loop in the scoring system" ?

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 05:54:50 PM »
counter punching is a "loop in the scoring system" ?

Throwing blind spinning counter elbows and missing 10 of them is not counter punching.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 08:58:12 PM »
Throwing blind spinning counter elbows and missing 10 of them is not counter punching.

point taken

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 10:22:05 PM »
i watched the fight again. the way the judging standard is right now i say that condit won. he did what he had to do win. he moved alot but everyone that stands there toe to toe with diaz has lost. ppl may not like the way he won but condit scored and moved..ran. whatever you want to call it. i will say that machida caught alot of heat for doing the same thing..but isn't smart to not get punched
irongearco.com

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 08:24:59 PM »
i watched the fight again. the way the judging standard is right now i say that condit won. he did what he had to do win. he moved alot but everyone that stands there toe to toe with diaz has lost. ppl may not like the way he won but condit scored and moved..ran. whatever you want to call it. i will say that machida caught alot of heat for doing the same thing..but isn't smart to not get punched

Very true, but Machida never threw a dozen MISSED spinning elbows with his eyes closed. Lyoto is actually a talented striker, but did get alot of heat.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 11:47:45 PM »
Very true, but Machida never threw a dozen MISSED spinning elbows with his eyes closed. Lyoto is actually a talented striker, but did get alot of heat.

machida fights seldom if ever go to the ground and they're sill boring as shit..

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 02:30:25 PM »
machida fights seldom if ever go to the ground and they're sill boring as shit..

But his punches and kicks are meaningful and effective unlike Condits in the Diaz fight