Author Topic: I was denied Life Insurance because I am obese. LOL  (Read 8748 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
I was denied Life Insurance because I am obese. LOL
« on: February 07, 2012, 07:18:21 AM »
What the fuck!  I signed up for the extended life insurance at my company.  The insurance company required me to do a blood test and such.

I went to the lab, peed in a cup gave my blood etc...

I get a letter yesterday that I have been declined because I am obese. They  based this on a BMI measurement.

I am 6'4" and right now weigh 301.  At 280 I am lean with abs.  Before you all jump in and call bullshit.  I've been lifting for 20 years now and over the last couple years have been on test, GH and such.

What is funny is that even if I weighed 210 pounds the BMI considers it overweight.  How many fucking guys at 6'4" weigh 210 pounds?  This is bullshit.

Now I need to send an appeal letter and I'm going to attach a photo and say, listen fuckers, I'm not obese.  Proof in the photo.  What's funny is how the fuck can I be in the perfect range across all of the blood tests and be obese?  Do they not look at the fact that my glucose, BP, Cholesterol, everything is in perfect range?

Here is the BMI.  Such bullshit.  SO at 6'4" means I need to weigh under 250 to not be obese, or basically be a stick.

•Underweight = <18.5
•Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
•Overweight = 25–29.9
•Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

Army of One

• Getbig V
Re: I was denied Life Insurance because I am obese. LOL
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 07:23:59 AM »
haha, oh brother, 280 with abs  ::), post up a pic "big" guy so we can see what such a monster looks like!

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 07:28:49 AM »
haha, oh brother, 280 with abs  ::), post up a pic "big" guy so we can see what such a monster looks like!

x2
#

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 07:29:00 AM »
6'4" and 301lbs? Sounds like an in shape guy to me.  What's the problem?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 07:34:42 AM »
Lose a few lbs and they'll deny you again, because as we all know, being a fatty is a pre-existing condition. 

True

• Getbig IV
  • Zero Tolerance
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 07:36:47 AM »
A picture is worth more than a thousand words... Put up or shut up, punk! >:(

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 07:39:33 AM »
yeah mon of steel, you know better than this :D

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 07:40:39 AM »
Have your bodyfat professionally tested and send them proof. They just go by statistics and statistically they will have you down as a fat fuck, not a muscular fuck.

Guys with a lot of muscle mass and low bodyfat are often deemed obese by the standard benchmarks.
O

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 07:42:45 AM »
Have your bodyfat professionally tested and send them proof. They just go by statistics and statistically they will have you down as a fat fuck, not a muscular fuck.

Guys with a lot of muscle mass and low bodyfat are often deemed obese by the standard benchmarks.

x2

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 07:45:03 AM »
You are on all those illegal performance enhancing drugs that cause you to get unaturally huge, and you want a life insurance carrier to approve you ?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 08:00:45 AM »

That is what I have to do. But the BMI is bullshit that even 6'4" at 210 pounds is overweight.  That is litteraly a toothpick.

goomba420

• Getbig III
  • It could always be worse. Positivity is key.
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 08:04:27 AM »
That is what I have to do. But the BMI is bullshit that even 6'4" at 210 pounds is overweight.  That is litteraly a toothpick.

skinner than you,  bitch

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 08:14:23 AM »
You should tell them your stack cycle maybe the they will believe your all mass mountain of muscle

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 08:15:42 AM »
I seem to recall Mon_of_steele (mon?) posting pics in the past but I don't recall the fallout.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 08:16:48 AM »
Sooooooooo, let me get this straight.  You're 6'4", 301 lbs, take test, GH, etc?  You sound like the apitomy of health.  I can't for the life of me figure out why they would deny you.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 08:19:56 AM »
Sooooooooo, let me get this straight.  You're 6'4", 301 lbs, take test, GH, etc?  You sound like the apitomy of health.  I can't for the life of me figure out why they would deny you.

The entire blood and piss test was all in normal range.  It was the BMI they rejected me on.  Doesn't make sense that if someone was truly obese that they would fall into the perfect range across all tests.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 08:22:25 AM »
I seem to recall Mon_of_steele (mon?) posting pics in the past but I don't recall the fallout.

I did post a photo last year when I was bored in a hotel in DC.  The fallout was actually positive.  I was refered to as an ARM DON, more specifically tricep don.  Like I said I've been lifting for 20 years now.  I'm not some 21 year old.

I weighed about 250 when I played football in college.  I'm just a big guy in general with a thick skeletal structure.  Even without any mucle and fat and I don't I could ever be under 200. 

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2012, 08:27:10 AM »
Even without any mucle and fat and I don't I could ever be under 200. 

Tom?Is that you?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2012, 08:37:26 AM »
Tom?Is that you?

Hahaha, I was thinking that.  But Tom Prince was something like 5'9".  I am 1/2 foot taller.

I bet QuakerOats is cursing Ron why he is banned and can't post here.  LOL

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2012, 09:00:31 AM »
Stop lying... you are 6'0" 301lbs.  You are a walking heart attack. 

Health insurance is a huge scam, but I tend to agree with them regarding you. 

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2012, 09:05:23 AM »
Stop lying... you are 6'0" 301lbs.  You are a walking heart attack. 

Health insurance is a huge scam, but I tend to agree with them regarding you. 

He said 6'4" not 6'0".  That's a big difference when you're talking about weighing 301lbs.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2012, 09:11:44 AM »

I'm just a little twink and even I ran into a similar issue back when I got my term life policy about 7 years ago.  I was in good shape (5-10, 205 lbs) and I actually had to lose about 15 lbs just to qualify for the BASIC rate.  To qualify for PREFERRED, I would've had to get down to like 175 before they'd write the policy.  They actually send a person to your house with a little kit to determine your qualifying status. 

So even if you're just a wannabe bodybuilder or a groupie who works out and eats a lot, you're fucked.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2012, 09:22:03 AM »
The height/weight charts used by those insurance companies are made with ectomorphs in mind.  If you are endomorph or mesomorph you're obese or otherwise too big to be covered by their policies. :-\
Remember runner Jim Fix?  He looked like the picture of health.  Died of a heart attack; the autopsy revealed that atherosclerosis had blocked one coronary artery 95%, a second 85%, and a third 70%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Fixx

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2012, 09:33:28 AM »
LOL, i always wanted to jack off in the pee cup and give the nurse a shot of nut , just to see her expression when i hand it to her

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2012, 09:55:11 AM »
The height/weight charts used by those insurance companies are made with ectomorphs in mind.  If you are endomorph or mesomorph you're obese or otherwise too big to be covered by their policies. :-\
Remember runner Jim Fix?  He looked like the picture of health.  Died of a heart attack; the autopsy revealed that atherosclerosis had blocked one coronary artery 95%, a second 85%, and a third 70%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Fixx

For every runner that dies from a heart attack there millions of heart attacks that are prevented from engaging in cardio type exercise like running. You cannot find a doctor that won't state that for the majority of people cardio exercise is good for your heart. Many heart attacks happen during sleep. To we extrapolate  that sleeping is a risk to your heart?  Jim Fix wan't in that good of shape to begin with and he had a terrible family history. He never looked like the picture of health.