Author Topic: Al Gores' Current TV Channel going down in flames.  (Read 10446 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Al Gores' Current TV Channel going down in flames.
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2013, 12:53:27 PM »

here's another crazy one       the earth is round not flat   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ban poop 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2013, 12:54:46 PM »
ban poop 

if we do that what are you going to think with

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2013, 12:55:36 PM »
if we do that what are you going to think with

Why can you and straw follow the rules?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2013, 12:57:58 PM »

Why can you and straw follow the rules?

sorry,reading all your posts i thought you had shit for brains

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: January 08, 2013, 01:01:02 PM »

sorry,reading all your posts i thought you had shit for brains

Believe what you want - but you voted for O-Shithead 2 times so you really are not in a strong position right now to be calling names. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2013, 01:02:24 PM »
Believe what you want - but you voted for O-Shithead 2 times so you really are not in a strong position right now to be calling names. 

;D

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2013, 06:40:55 PM »
Ban trees and forests! 
did i argue for legislation outlawing pollution?  there is a huge difference between acknowledging a problem and supporting coercion in order to try and fix it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: January 08, 2013, 08:29:24 PM »
 :D

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #108 on: January 08, 2013, 09:00:51 PM »
follow the arrows

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #109 on: January 08, 2013, 09:01:40 PM »
you really are a mental midget

It would have made more sense if it had said, "Because he sold his "GREEN" TV network to an OIL tycoon.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2013, 04:25:07 AM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Al Gore, Super-Rich Sellout
Townhall.com ^ | January 9, 2013 | Brent Bozell
Posted on January 9, 2013 3:29:32 AM EST by Kaslin

The liberal media have spent 12 years feeling sorry for Al Gore. The Man Who Should Have Won in 2000 has had megatons of positive publicity dumped on him, hailing him as the "Goracle." They cheered as leftists honored him with the Nobel Peace Prize and gave an Oscar to his filmed eco-sermon, "An Inconvenient Truth."

So when Gore sold his left-wing cable channel Current TV to Al-Jazeera for $500 million, where were they? Despite the fact that conservatives thought the deal sounded like a ridiculous April Fools' joke, the networks had nearly nothing to say. ABC skipped it entirely. CBS and NBC offered a perfunctory sentence on a couple of newscasts.

These networks might argue this was not an Earth-shattering business event given the puny size of Current's audience, which is true. At about 42,000 viewers during primetime, the nationwide audience could fit inside the Washington Redskins' Fedex Field and still leave the stadium half-empty. It's about one-fiftieth of the audience TLC gets with "Honey Boo Boo." Of about 96 cable channels that are publicly rated by Nielsen, 93 of them have higher ratings than Current. It is a Nothing Network.

But the controversy is not about ratings. It's about one network selling itself to another best known for vicious anti-American propaganda. Al-Jazeera is not buying Current for the potential profits. Surely, they'll shut the old channel down. They want the cable slots to push their poison in American homes.

In 2006, CNN's Frank Sesno interviewed Al-Jazeera talk show host Riz Khan and asked if the terrorist group Hamas should be designated as a terrorist organization. "I'm not one to judge," Khan replied. What about Hezbollah? Khan answered: "Same thing, you know, I'm not going to judge."

There are other signs of disturbing pro-Islamist bias. In the midst of the "Arab Spring" celebrations in Cairo's Tahrir Square on Feb. 11, 2011, some 200 men sexually assaulted CBS correspondent Lara Logan. Al-Jazeera English, which was credited by Hillary Clinton and other liberals for its ubiquitous coverage of the uprising, deliberately ignored the assault on Logan. When they were called out by Washington Post columnist Jonathan Capehart, Al-Jazeera English publicist responded that the network "believes as a general rule" that journalists "are not the story." Capehart then noted that just days before, Al-Jazeera touted a story on how "Domestic and foreign journalists have come under siege amid the turmoil in Egypt."

Then there's the case of honoring Lebanese terrorist Samir Kuntar. In 1979, Kuntar was imprisoned for shooting an Israeli civilian in front of the Israeli's 4-year-old daughter, and then bashing in the little girl's head with his rifle. In 2008, Al-Jazeera in Qatar threw a televised birthday party for Kuntar, then newly released in a prisoner exchange. An Al-Jazeera interviewer told Kuntar, "You deserve even more than this," then brought out cake and sparklers. The cake had pictures on it, and Kuntar declared the "most beautiful picture" on the cake was of Hassan Nasrallah, the leader of Hezbollah. "There cannot be anything more beautiful," he proclaimed.

Al Gore could see nothing but positive qualities in his buyer, putting out a shameless statement that claimed, "Al-Jazeera, like Current, believes that facts and truth lead to a better understanding of the world around us."

Gore rebuffed an offer from conservative radio/TV personality Glenn Beck to buy Current TV. Beck was told, "The legacy of who the network goes to is important to us, and we are sensitive to networks not aligned with our point of view."

Beck is not aligned with the Gore viewpoint, and yet Al-Jazeera is? Al Gore, too, would celebrate a child-murdering terrorist with a birthday cake? Why isn't this alignment controversial or newsworthy?

Then the story gets worse. While Beck told his listeners he was rejected within minutes, Gore became a lobbyist for Al-Jazeera. New York Times media reporter Brian Stelter revealed that to preserve the deal and his big payout, Gore went to some of cable distributors looking for an excuse to drop the low-rated channel, "and reminded them that their contracts with Current TV called it a news channel. Were the distributors going to say that an American version of Al Jazeera didn't qualify, possibly invoking ugly stereotypes of the Middle Eastern news giant?"

So dropping Al-Jazeera became anti-"news," anti-Arab and Islamophobic.

But the networks won't breathe a word about Beck, and never allowed a conservative or a critic of radical Islam to offer any criticism of either Al Gore the super-rich sellout, or his terror-enabling buyer. None dares express horror that the man who was almost president on 9/11 was allying himself with al-Qaida's video jukebox.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2013, 06:16:57 AM »
Al Gore’s employee’s a bit upset over the sale of Current TV to Big Oil
 Flopping Aces ^ | 01-08-13 | Curt

Posted on Tuesday, January 08, 2013 8:25:30 PM by

It's nice to see a progressive admit that their old hero is a hypocrite:

Yesterday morning, the still shell shocked staff at Current TV was called to an all hands staff meeting at its San Francisco headquarters, which was teleconferenced to their offices in LA and NYC, to meet their new bosses.
That would be two of Al Jazeera’s top guys: Ehab Al Shihabi, executive director of international operations, and Muftah AlSuwaidan, general manager of the London bureau.

Ominously missing was the creator of Current, the self proclaimed inventor of the Internet and savior of clean energy, Al Gore, although his partner, Joel Hyatt, stood proudly with the Al Jazeera honchos.

“Of course Al didn’t show up,” said one high placed Current staffer. “He has no credibility.

“He’s supposed to be the face of clean energy and just sold [the channel] to very big oil, the emir of Qatar! Current never even took big oil advertising—and Al Gore, that bulls***ter sells to the emir?”

The meeting, while not contentious, was, according to staffers who spoke on the condition of anonymity, miserable.

The mostly left-leaning group—some still in denial —weren’t buying what Al Jazeera was selling.

And what are they selling? Al Jazeera’s image of —are you ready?— “inform, inspire and entertain!”

Hahahahahaha.....

I'm sorry, I can't help it. These dummies fell for the crap ManBearPig shoveled at them years ago when most everyone knew he was full of crap and now they are a tad upset.

Oh wait a minute, I guess they aren't:

Though the deal’s been widely criticized on the right, most of my progressive friends have a more tolerant attitude towards the transaction: “After what happened to him,” in the recount of 2000, one friend remarked, “I’d forgive him almost anything.”A politically active environmentalist, too, was taking the news in stride: “I don’t think the community is too upset,” he said. “My personal sense is he got a good deal.”

Hypocrisy...thy name is progressive.

(excerpt) Read more at floppingaces.net...

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2013, 07:52:49 AM »
Al Gore’s employee’s a bit upset over the sale of Current TV to Big Oil
 Flopping Aces ^ | 01-08-13 | Curt

Posted on Tuesday, January 08, 2013 8:25:30 PM by

It's nice to see a progressive admit that their old hero is a hypocrite:

Yesterday morning, the still shell shocked staff at Current TV was called to an all hands staff meeting at its San Francisco headquarters, which was teleconferenced to their offices in LA and NYC, to meet their new bosses.
That would be two of Al Jazeera’s top guys: Ehab Al Shihabi, executive director of international operations, and Muftah AlSuwaidan, general manager of the London bureau.

Ominously missing was the creator of Current, the self proclaimed inventor of the Internet and savior of clean energy, Al Gore, although his partner, Joel Hyatt, stood proudly with the Al Jazeera honchos.

“Of course Al didn’t show up,” said one high placed Current staffer. “He has no credibility.

“He’s supposed to be the face of clean energy and just sold [the channel] to very big oil, the emir of Qatar! Current never even took big oil advertising—and Al Gore, that bulls***ter sells to the emir?”

The meeting, while not contentious, was, according to staffers who spoke on the condition of anonymity, miserable.

The mostly left-leaning group—some still in denial —weren’t buying what Al Jazeera was selling.

And what are they selling? Al Jazeera’s image of —are you ready?— “inform, inspire and entertain!”

Hahahahahaha.....

I'm sorry, I can't help it. These dummies fell for the crap ManBearPig shoveled at them years ago when most everyone knew he was full of crap and now they are a tad upset.

Oh wait a minute, I guess they aren't:

Though the deal’s been widely criticized on the right, most of my progressive friends have a more tolerant attitude towards the transaction: “After what happened to him,” in the recount of 2000, one friend remarked, “I’d forgive him almost anything.”A politically active environmentalist, too, was taking the news in stride: “I don’t think the community is too upset,” he said. “My personal sense is he got a good deal.”

Hypocrisy...thy name is progressive.

(excerpt) Read more at floppingaces.net...

So, because he lost in 2000, he's a perpetual victim......PRICELESS.

Notice how none of the progressives mention the issue about Gore, trying to beat Obama's tax hikes or stiffing his Current brethren out of the loot.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!