Author Topic: China and Canada reach deals on oil, air travel, uranium. FFUUBBOO!!!!  (Read 1416 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
China, Canada reach deals on oil, uranium and air travel
Ottawa Citizen ^ | February 9, 2012 | Jason Fekete

China and Canada declared Thursday that bilateral relations have reached "a new level" following a series of multibillion-dollar trade and business agreements to ship additional Canadian petroleum, uranium and other products to the Asian superpower.

........................ ........................ .....

Harper has said building pipelines to the West Coast — such as the proposed Enbridge Northern Gateway oilsands pipeline and a separate one for liquefied natural gas — is a national priority as Canada looks to ship its vast resources to Asia.

Enbridge CEO Pat Daniel said the commitment by the Chinese and Canadian governments for a strategic energy partnership will allow Canada to diversify its oil-and-gas export markets beyond the United States and enable China to broaden its supply base.

(Excerpt) Read more at ottawacitizen.com ...

________________________ ________________________ _________

Speechless. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: China and Canada reach deals on oil, air travel, uranium. FFUUBBOO!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 11:15:45 AM »
All we need now is for that asshole kcballer to regale us with the enviroNazi fairy tale of how that oil won't be drilled up.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 11:34:23 AM »
All we need now is for that asshole kcballer to regale us with the enviroNazi fairy tale of how that oil won't be drilled up.

And these fools have the balls to cheer on 243K part time jobs in a nation of 300,000,000 PEOPLE!

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 12:03:33 PM »

Hahaha and just how will they get it to china?  There is a large tanker ban on the BC coast, the pipeline is years, if not decades, away from being built due to legal and environmental challenges, and both major opposition parties in the Canadian parliament are against building the pipeline.   

You idiots act like this is going to happen tomorrow. 

Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 12:06:18 PM »
Hahaha and just how will they get it to china?  There is a large tanker ban on the BC coast, the pipeline is years, if not decades, away from being built due to legal and environmental challenges, and both major opposition parties in the Canadian parliament are against building the pipeline.   

With attitude like yours nothing woukld ever get done.  No drilling, no cars, no flying, no boating, no bridges, no fracking, no nukes, no coal, no hydro, nothing.   

Lets all sit on our asses around a camp fire huddled in the cold and sign 'we shall overcome"     

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 12:12:13 PM »
With attitude like yours nothing woukld ever get done.  No drilling, no cars, no flying, no boating, no bridges, no fracking, no nukes, no coal, no hydro, nothing.   

Lets all sit on our asses around a camp fire huddled in the cold and sign 'we shall overcome"     

Ah yes the absurd comments of 333.  I don't give one fu*k about your opinion.  The facts are right there.  It will be at least 10 years before china sees any substantial Canadian oil at the earliest.  Any change of government and it's bye bye pipeline.  With a party that "won" with 39% of the vote, i wouldn't be acting like it's a done deal.
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 12:18:30 PM »
Ah yes the absurd comments of 333.  I don't give one fu*k about your opinion.  The facts are right there.  It will be at least 10 years before china sees any substantial Canadian oil at the earliest.  Any change of government and it's bye bye pipeline.  With a party that "won" with 39% of the vote, i wouldn't be acting like it's a done deal.

So?   Is China not going to need oil in ten years?   

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 03:34:51 PM »

Aren't you the same asshole that kept telling me how China was NOT going to get that oil, and how it would NEVER go through, and how the US was absolutley going to get it?

Yeah, thought so. Your lost any sense of credibility you had on this subject, admit you were wrong, STFU, and GTFO of this thread and never come back with your bullshit.

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 04:05:38 PM »
Aren't you the same asshole that kept telling me how China was NOT going to get that oil, and how it would NEVER go through, and how the US was absolutley going to get it?

Yeah, thought so. Your lost any sense of credibility you had on this subject, admit you were wrong, STFU, and GTFO of this thread and never come back with your bullshit.

Haha yes a signed "agreement" supersedes all legal and environmental challenges to the pipeline needed to get substantial oil to that region  ::)

What a dunce.

America is still and will continue to be Canada's largest and most important buyer. 

What gets me is the stupidity around the idea that somehow the oil belongs to the US or China or Canada.  It doesn't.  Sure the land is leased from the Canadian government, but it is the companies that extract the bitumen and sell it on the market.  Whoever pays the going rate will get the oil.  It doesn't mean jack sh*t if a pipeline goes through Nebraska or BC, the bottom line is the price paid is what is dictated by the market. 

Energy sovereignty will never occur for the United States because we are at the behest of a rising market price for a dwindling commodity.  Pipelines do not change this fact, and heating more Canadian bitumen to turn it into oil is only further proof that prices will only go up. 

So please learn something about this issue before you go spouting nonsense.
Abandon every hope...

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 06:41:49 PM »
Haha yes a signed "agreement" supersedes all legal and environmental challenges to the pipeline needed to get substantial oil to that region  ::)

What a dunce.

America is still and will continue to be Canada's largest and most important buyer.  

What gets me is the stupidity around the idea that somehow the oil belongs to the US or China or Canada.  It doesn't.  Sure the land is leased from the Canadian government, but it is the companies that extract the bitumen and sell it on the market.  Whoever pays the going rate will get the oil.  It doesn't mean jack sh*t if a pipeline goes through Nebraska or BC, the bottom line is the price paid is what is dictated by the market.  

Energy sovereignty will never occur for the United States because we are at the behest of a rising market price for a dwindling commodity.  Pipelines do not change this fact, and heating more Canadian bitumen to turn it into oil is only further proof that prices will only go up.  

So please learn something about this issue before you go spouting nonsense.
Yup, keep spewing your bullshit, reality will continue to make you look like a tool.
I do love how you kept telling us "They wont come to an agreement with China, the United States will still get the contract"
Now Its official, China has an agreement, the US is losing on all the jobs, ancilliary jobs, the oil itself, etc, and youre STILL trying to justify your bullshit.

You were WRONG. Period. You said Canada would NEVER sell that oil (pipeline agreement) to China, that it WOULDNT HAPPEN.
And it did.

::)
Looks like all us "dunces" who dont know what were talking about, are right, and you are the one looking like a fucking idiot because you refuse to accept reality.  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 06:44:05 PM »
KC has a lot of comp for that award.   ;D

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 10:05:59 AM »
Yup, keep spewing your bullshit, reality will continue to make you look like a tool.
I do love how you kept telling us "They wont come to an agreement with China, the United States will still get the contract"
Now Its official, China has an agreement, the US is losing on all the jobs, ancilliary jobs, the oil itself, etc, and youre STILL trying to justify your bullshit.

You were WRONG. Period. You said Canada would NEVER sell that oil (pipeline agreement) to China, that it WOULDNT HAPPEN.
And it did.

::)
Looks like all us "dunces" who dont know what were talking about, are right, and you are the one looking like a fucking idiot because you refuse to accept reality.  ::)

It hasn't happened dick head.  I have news for you.  Canada is selling oil to whoever buys it.  The US, China, India, Europe, it's an OPEN MARKET.

Tell me genius where is the pipeline? Has it been built? No.  Until then it's all political rhetoric.  The BC pipeline faces more hurdles and will not be built for many years. So the "agreement" means jack sh*t. 

Hahaha i love how you think an "agreement" means something. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 04:18:31 AM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Harper pitches Canadian energy to China
QMI Agency via Sun Media ^ | 2012-02-10 | David Akin
Posted on February 11, 2012 7:23:28 AM EST by Clive

Prime Minister Stephen Harper made his most direct sales pitch yet to sell Canada's energy, vowing that "foreign money and influence" will not obstruct his government's goal to sell oil and other natural resources to countries other than just the United States.

[clipped]

Following up on themes he's developed ever since the the Obama administration delayed a decision on construction of the Keystone pipeline that would take bitumen from the Alberta oilsands to refineries on the U.S. gulf coast, Harper said that decision would not prevent Canada from capitalizing on its resource wealth.

"We are an emerging energy superpower," Harper said.

"We want to sell our energy to people who want to buy our energy. It's that simple."

China's rapidly growing economy is hungry not only for energy but for many other natural resources that Canada has.

"It is increasingly clear that Canada's commercial interests are best served through diversification of our energy markets," Harper said.

"To this end, our government is committed to ensuring that Canada has the infrastructure necessary to move our energy resources to those diversified markets.

"We will uphold our responsibility to put the interests of Canadians ahead of foreign money and influence that seek to obstruct development in Canada in favour of energy imported from other, less stable parts of the world."

The Conservative government has criticized some of the environmental groups who wish to block the Northern Gateway pipeline for accepting funding from foreign, mostly American, sources.

Harper said if Canada can find new energy customers in China, that will mean jobs for "people on the street" in Canada and in China.

[...]

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 06:12:32 AM »
It hasn't happened dick head.  I have news for you.  Canada is selling oil to whoever buys it.  The US, China, India, Europe, it's an OPEN MARKET.

Tell me genius where is the pipeline? Has it been built? No.  Until then it's all political rhetoric.  The BC pipeline faces more hurdles and will not be built for many years. So the "agreement" means jack sh*t. 

Hahaha i love how you think an "agreement" means something. 

Im not the one that was one here saying over and over "IT WONT HAPPEN, CANADA IS BLUFFING, THEYLL NEVER COME TO AN AGREEMENT WITH CHINA, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN"  ::) ::) ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 04:56:19 AM »
Will Canadian Oil Be For the Lamps of China?
Investor's Business Daily ^ | February 13, 2012 | IBD staff

Energy: While our president sleeps on the Keystone XL pipeline, Canada’s prime minister is in Beijing signing a series of trade deals to ship additional petroleum to China. Halftime in America? We need a new quarterback.

While Clint Eastwood, in that thinly disguised infomercial for President Obama's re-election campaign, was promising that the world would soon hear the roar of our engines, China's economy will soon be revving up with petroleum that should and could be flowing south in a pipeline the Obama administration won't build.

Prime Minister Steven Harper is making good on his warning that Canada would seek other customers for the vast oil riches locked in the oil sands of Alberta. He is leading a five-day delegation to an energy-hungry China eager to be Canada's best customer. He will not wait for an American administration fixated on windmills and Solyndras and automakers that produce overpriced electric cars prone to battery fires.

"I am very serious about selling our oil off this continent, selling our energy products off to Asia. I think we have to do that," Harper said in an interview with Canada's CTV National News in the wake of President Obama's decision to kick the Keystone oil can down the road past the November election.

On the trip Harper announced a series of multibillion-dollar trade and business agreements to ship additional Canadian petroleum, uranium and other products to China. More than 20 commercial agreements involving more than 50 Chinese and Canadian companies were announced. In addition, a joint economic study to be completed by May could form the basis for a free trade agreement.

(Excerpt) Read more at news.investors.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 01:16:19 PM »
BUMP

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
KEYSTONE FALLOUT: AS PROMISED, CANADA BUILDING PIPELINES TO SELL OIL TO CHINA
 Breitbartt Big Government ^ | June 14,2012 | JOHN SEXTON

In April, Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper revealed disheartening consequences for America's energy policy at a think-tank event in Washington. Asked about President Obama's decision to put off a decision on the construction of the cross-border Keystone XL pipeline, Harper explained that it would permanently alter Canadian energy policy.

Now fast forward a couple months, and the New York Times is reporting this:

While Joe Oliver, Canada’s minister of natural resources, said in an interview that the United States would remain Canada’s “most important customer,” billions of barrels of oil that would have been refined and used in the United States are now poised to head elsewhere. Expansion of Canada’s fast-growing oil-sands industry will be restricted by the lack of pipeline capacity before the decade’s end, he said, which “adds to the urgency of building them so that the resources will not be stranded.”

Three new pipeline network proposals — two that call for heading west and the other east — have been put forward.

In other words, Stephen Harper was not making an idle threat or a political statement. Canada is moving full speed ahead with plans to sell tar-sands oil to other consumers, particularly China.

The benefits to Canada of exporting to Asia are obvious. Canada currently earns less per barrel for its oil than the market price because it is a captive supplier to the U.S. Opening the market to Asia means more money for Canada. But there is no conceivable benefit to the United States in having oil from our closest, most trusted neighbor sold to China. The United States loses jobs and is forced to continuing buy its oil from nations like Venezuela and Saudi Arabia instead.

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

kcballer

• Getbig V
The pipeline faces years of obstacles. The United States has access to Canadian oil for ever. Seriously. Look at the wording in NAFTA and other trade agreements. The Canadians can not block American access to the oil sands. Canada is and always will be America's resource.

Sure China has purchased large blocks of oil sands and companies along with that. But they still have no reliable way to move the oil to the coast of BC. Recently there was a leak in Alberta from a pipeline into the drinking water reservoir. This just adds to the fact that environmental groups and Canadians will fight any pipeline through northern BC for a long time. 

Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
The pipeline faces years of obstacles. The United States has access to Canadian oil for ever. Seriously. Look at the wording in NAFTA and other trade agreements. The Canadians can not block American access to the oil sands. Canada is and always will be America's resource.

Sure China has purchased large blocks of oil sands and companies along with that. But they still have no reliable way to move the oil to the coast of BC. Recently there was a leak in Alberta from a pipeline into the drinking water reservoir. This just adds to the fact that environmental groups and Canadians will fight any pipeline through northern BC for a long time. 

STFU - you got proven wrong once again. 

Deal w it. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
STFU - you got proven wrong once again. 

Deal w it. 

Tell me 333. where and when is this "pipeline" going through?

"proportional sharing" for Canadian energy supplies ensures the US are guaranteed in perpetuity the right to Canadian oil.

Canada can not "refuse to issue a license or revoke or change a license for the exportation to the US of energy goods."

This is a continuation of Canadian policy since 2005 to scare the US into buying and investing more into the Canadian oil sands. The economy is slowing, Canada relies on resources and needs an injection of capital. By scaring the US they'll get it.

Abandon every hope...

kcballer

• Getbig V
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/aboriginal-land-rights-upheld-by-bc-court-of-appeal/article4374527/

The end result is that the Tsilhqot’in – and by extension other bands across Canada – have had confirmed that they have powerful rights concerning government and industry use of lands that they claim.

Anyone thinking the pipeline is going through BC in the near future is a fool.
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
When President Barack Obama blocked the Keystone Pipeline, Republicans said the move would encourage Canada to pursue oil deals with China instead of the United States and cede a massive chunk of North American oil assets to the communist nation. 
Now, with China's state-run oil company CNOOC poised to cut a $15.1 billion deal--the largest ever foreign acquisition for a Chinese company--with Canadian oil company Nexen, Sen. Charles Schumer (D-NY) and Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) are in full backpedal mode.

In a draft letter to the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS), Sen. Schumer writes:
I respectfully urge you, in your capacity as chairman of the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS), to withhold approval of this transaction to ensure U.S. companies reciprocal treatment.
Similarly, Rep. Pelosi is now sounding alarms of concern.  In a statement, Pelosi spokesperson Drew Hamill said:

This deal prompts great concern about the Chinese government's continued attempts to use its state-owned enterprises to acquire global energy resources.

Saying "I told you so" offers little solace to concerned Republican lawmakers. 

"Do we really want to be buying our oil or Canadian oil back from the Chinese?" said Sen. John Hoeven (R-ND). "If we don't take action to develop our resources and work with our closest friend and ally Canada, that's exactly what's going to happen."

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
333 - why do start threads FFUUBBOO!!!!   

You seem like a 2 year old crying about your diaper rash

Do you really expect to be taken seriously by adults?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
 :)

Your communist gay cult leader desrves to be told to fuck off for his treason. 

333 - why do start threads FFUUBBOO!!!!   

You seem like a 2 year old crying about your diaper rash

Do you really expect to be taken seriously by adults?