Author Topic: Vitamins/Minerals  (Read 1711 times)

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
Vitamins/Minerals
« on: February 09, 2012, 04:03:42 PM »
Would you rather take 2 separate servings of a Multi-vitamin a day or take 1 serving of Mult-vitamin, with extra Vitamin C, B-Complex and Folic Acid. Yes, I'm aware the best form of getting vitamins/minerals is through food/fruits/vegetables. But that takes time, and doesn't help too much with a hectic schedule when you're always on the go.

- Thanks
#

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Vitamins/Minerals
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 05:19:18 PM »
That's very similar to what I do.
I'm a bit picky about vitamins; only taking gel/liquid forms for absorption purposes.

The multi I currently take is a two-a-day, and I divide that between morning and night.
I take additional B-12 & sometimes B-6 with breakfast and D3 with each of my solid meals.
I then take a Zinc capsule with my nighttime shake.
Also, my Melatonin brand contains 3mg of B-6 per serving, and I take 2 servings before bed.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 02:42:25 PM »
Multi
b-complex
fish oil
D3
Coq10
milk thistle
red yeast rice
vit e
zinc
saw palmetto
glucosamine

-Daily-
T

BradleyBryant

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 08:30:04 AM »
I take:

Multi Vit
Fish Oil
D3
Coq10
Grapeseed
Niacin

Can't be bothered to split them up or I don't end up taking at all.  Just down with breakfast. However, I'm sure I would benefit from splitting up at least the multi as it is 2 tabs

lesaucer

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 08:08:42 AM »
multi+b complex+vit C in the morning.  vit D+omega 3-6-9+vit C+ glucosamine before sleeping

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 10:16:21 AM »
i dont take that snake oil. 

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 07:50:18 PM »
i dont take that snake oil. 
While many supplements may be snake oil, there are many others that are far from it.
T

rotaryfan

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 02:14:05 PM »
I take my multivitamins with lunch, probably not as good as splitting it up but its convenient at that time. Its 9 caps and covers most of the gaps in the diet. I do add a tablespoon of Udo's oil to my morning shake though to get my omega's in. I also like the fact that it has digestive enzyme cap added in to aid with digestion. I used to use a brand called PROVIT which was better quality but they aren't shipping here any more for some reason. would recommend PROVIT if you can find it. 

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 04:05:40 PM »
I take my multivitamins with lunch, probably not as good as splitting it up but its convenient at that time. Its 9 caps and covers most of the gaps in the diet. I do add a tablespoon of Udo's oil to my morning shake though to get my omega's in. I also like the fact that it has digestive enzyme cap added in to aid with digestion. I used to use a brand called PROVIT which was better quality but they aren't shipping here any more for some reason. would recommend PROVIT if you can find it.  

NOT a fan of Udo's

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=165221.0

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=123126.msg1762060#msg1762060

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=82903.25
: