Author Topic: Prostate Cancer  (Read 21087 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Prostate Cancer
« on: February 10, 2012, 02:24:41 AM »
Since 2009 I have been on testosterone replacement therapy. There have been many positive outcomes of my being on this treatment. In terms of muscular development, I have experienced noticeable gains. And there is more. My mood is greatly improved as well. Unfortunately, I was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer. As a result, my doctor told me to discontinue the weekly self injections of testosterone cypionate. Apparently, injecting testosterone is like pouring gas on a fire.

One in six men get prostate cancer. Oh how I know that number; one in six men are homosexual too. Let me just say right here and now that being that sixth man sucks, big time. OK boys, have at me. Not only am I a bisexual statistic, now I am a prostate cancer statistic

Currently, I am leaning toward having a Da Vinci Prostatectomy. At last Friday's appointment, my doctor offered a variety of options; everything from watchful waiting to radical surgery. Maybe I am the ultimate optimist, but I am not ready to think about dying. Prostate cancer is generally very slow growing. The biopsy indicates that my cancer is confined to the prostate and is not aggressive (therefore slow growing). Since I am an otherwise healthy person, there seems to be no reason not to take an aggressive approach to ridding my body of the cancer via surgery with the exception of the side effects (which I'm not going into here).

Let me just say that from what i suspect, most of the male posters here believe they are too young to be so afflicted. However, as I have researched this condition some, I discovered that some men have been diagnosed with prostrate cancer are in their late thirties.  So since early detection is advantageous, I highly recommend that all you fellows consider adding PSA (prostrate specific androgen) to your annual labs. Although not the most definitive measure of one having prostrate cancer, it is currently the best early detection method available.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
Re: Prostate Cancer
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 02:31:15 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that mate. My best wishes for recovery. I hope you beat it.

da vinci is the surgery robot isn't it? Recovery from that type of surgery is documented to be much faster than conventional surgery.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 02:33:13 AM »
My HRT doctor had me take finasteride...he has the belief that finasteride put some odds in your favor against developing prostate cancer...I looked up the literature and while this belief is not universal in the medical community...a significant number think that finasteride taken prophylacticaly will help with the odds.

Watchfull waiting?...Bah! get that thing yanked out as quickly as you can...

Watchful waiting is like being a little bit pregnant...Just a tiny little bit of cancer...insignificant.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 02:36:57 AM »
my dad had it and so did his father. i am bracing for it.

going to suck but whatever.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 02:39:33 AM »
What were the signs Primemuscle that made you suspicious in the first place?

wish you a full recovery

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 02:45:53 AM »
youre a bodybuilder, you will destroy it

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 02:49:23 AM »
Get well mate - not a nice thing to go through - can I have your script  :D

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 02:50:42 AM »
What were the signs Primemuscle that made you suspicious in the first place?

wish you a full recovery

hard to piss

diamondcut

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 02:52:50 AM »
best of luck to you, godspeed

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 02:57:25 AM »
One in six men get prostate cancer. Oh how I know that number; one in six men are homosexual too. Let me just say right here and now that being that sixth man sucks, big time. OK boys, have at me. Not only am I a bisexual statistic, now I am a prostate cancer statistic

are you implying there is a link between each of the one in six?
I manymore men die from prostate cancer than women from breast cancer. One of the main reasons for this is that women are more likely to check themselves and more likely to seek help earlier. It is also the case that particularly for men over 60 eostrogen treatment is often preferable to surgery.
With early diagnosis and treatment recovery and remission are higher than many other cancers.  
Good luck with your treatment god speed recovery
c

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 03:05:21 AM »
Hope you recover swiftly - good luck!

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 03:41:06 AM »
Thats tough bud all the best with the treatment, ive know a couple of relations that have died of that, nasty business all round, hopefully they have caught it early..all the best to you.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 03:59:36 AM »
Sorry to hear that bro, I wish you all the best and keep that positive attitude!

I know how life can throw curveballs sometimes, recently I got diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis which is a bummer - but thank God I can still train and work at the moment (just can't walk too far at mo plus load of other crap lol)

Keep your head up and don't underestimate the power of diet & excercise to help with the surgery

BigC

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2012, 04:05:18 AM »
One of the main reasons for this is that women are more likely to check themselves and more likely to seek help earlier.

It's also because it's in your ass.  Tits are right out in front.  I'm convinced that women play with them every chance they get.  Tits, I mean.  Not prostates.

It is also the case that particularly for men over 60 eostrogen treatment is often preferable to surgery.

Thought I read that some docs were blaming estrogen for BPH and cancer.

Also wishing for a good outcome for you Prime.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2012, 04:06:53 AM »
So sorry to hear that...................h oping for a speedy recovery for you.

Stay strong.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2012, 04:20:39 AM »
Good luck man. Im sure you will go through it.  :)

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2012, 04:29:04 AM »
Horrible, horrible news. Statistically this form of cancer has some of the highest survival rates though. De Niro had it in 2003.

All the best with your recovery - you will recover my friend!
O

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2012, 04:30:40 AM »
Horrible, horrible news. Statistically this form of cancer has some of the highest survival rates though. De Niro had it in 2003.

All the best with your recovery - you will recover my friend!

Imagine De Niro looking at the doctor and saying "Are you talking to me?"

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2012, 04:31:41 AM »
Imagine De Niro looking at the doctor and saying "Are you talking to me?"

lol. Would be pretty intense, no doubt.
O

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
  • Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2012, 05:02:08 AM »
That is horrible news!!
Just when you were getting good gains & felling good in your skin because of the HRT, you have to have this happen.
I hate getting older, I wish I could have frozen the clock at 35.

What about GH??
Is that also like putting petrol on the fire if you have prostate cancer  ???

PT
Growth/noob loves me

Swlabr

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2012, 05:04:06 AM »
Sorry to hear that, I hope all turns out well.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2012, 05:04:15 AM »
when this is all over we are taking a cruise with the whole getbig family Prime.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2012, 05:25:44 AM »
Best wishes on you.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2012, 05:30:19 AM »
I hope you beat this quick.  That's tough news to hear.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2012, 06:07:18 AM »
Prime, 2 yrs ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. I had a sign that I ignored for almost 2 yrs. When I finally realized it was not what I thought it was (self diagnosis) I went and had a PSA. My PSA was PERFECT. The urologist then did a digital exam, I think he had a size 20 ring finger. He felt a mass on my prostate. They ran this big thing in my ass and it first had needles that came out and shot stuff into my prostate to deaden it, about 8 shots and I felt every one. Then this little claw thing comes out and it pulls out pieces of the prostate to look for cancer. It pulled 18 samples and I felt every one of them. Got the call about a week later. All samples had cancer. Everyone- keep in mind that 20% of prostate cancer diagnosis have perfect PSA test results.

In the surgery they went in from the front and totally removed my prostate. For those who don't know this your prostate creates semen and also holds back your piss. So I had a catheter for a month, then in diapers for another 3 months, then a "guard" like a pad for about 4-5 more months.

I had a healing complication as well. The 5" long incision blew open after I got home from getting the staples out and I had an opening above my cock that was 5" long, 1 1/2" wide, and 1' deep. My wife had to pack it 2x a day with sterile water and gauze. It was so fucking gross. First time I looked at it in the mirror I passed out. Two weeks after that I had surgery to close it again.
My urologist knows I juice. He said that the test did not cause the cancer, but he said it definitely speeded up the growth of it.

Good luck buddy and if you want to talk about it or anything please PM me. As you can tell I am not ashamed of it.