Author Topic: Working at NASA and getting $10,000 a month  (Read 5142 times)

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
Re: working at NASA
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2012, 12:11:26 PM »
This is interesting and true.

Very poor countries have a very low suicide rate.

your simple causation is lame.

its not the wealth of the country that is an indicator of these things, its the gap between rich and poor within.

and then its the numbers of rich and poor.

the closer it is to 50/50 then the more problems you have.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2012, 12:12:47 PM »
But the odds of being happy are much greater if you have money, there are exceptions of course.

This is an outright lie :)

berblexer

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2012, 12:20:18 PM »
i work for BHP Billiton and am paid $14 AuD per month...thats about $14,500USD.

and that is full time rates, not contractors. Contractors get around $1500 per day, on average.

Grads who are a coulpe of years out on cotnract earn about $110-$130 per hour.

You dont need to be at NASA to get dollars like that. Most engineers get that type of dollars.

You want the big bux then go to Abu Dabi and they dont baulk at $300 per hour...its not a problem.

Wish I had an engineering degree...
Team Pat Banana

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2012, 12:22:22 PM »
Just talked with a pakistani, 22 years old, working as electronics engineer at NASA and earning 10 000 USD per month, fucking lucky bastard.

I'm around the same age, earning peanuts, life sucks.
that's not ASIF living the dream.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2012, 12:29:01 PM »

Google life expectancy for different countries. Poor countries and areas like Angola and palestine are near the bottom. I'm not making a judgement, it's just a fact
I beg to differ. The Hunzas are poor but live long lives they they live in the mountains of Northern India they eat a natural diet, sleep alot and live in the mountain fresh air. My grandfather lived to be 100 he lived in the mountains and grew his own food. Born July 4th 1908 died Halloween 2008 kinda strange born and died on holidays lived in USA.

http://thepdi.com/hunza_health_secrets.htm

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2012, 12:29:47 PM »

I worked at NASA back in the late 60's !!

I was an assistant in team building a huge moon-surface-like floor at one of the Hollywood studios.
Crazy job !
we for example carried countless bags of dust there to simulate moon surface where no wind blows it off.  

Oh boy, I was young then and it paid out good. Strange thing is I never saw a movie where that creation was used and I remember wondering why was NASA doing those special effects  :-\

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2012, 12:31:30 PM »
sleeper..

and/or spy

FAST LANE

• Getbig III
  • Life's too short to be small
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2012, 12:35:38 PM »
Damn, that's fucking awesome!!

I read a study that by 2012, over 50% of graduate degrees are going to be given out to foreigners (relative to the U.S.)

Crazy- America is falling behind, its really sad

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2012, 05:41:43 PM »
A good fucking doctor(remember a good one) will make couple of times more,so what's the big deal at working at nasa?

Good luck finding a good Doctor in the 21st century
http://americannewsreport.com/doctors-admit-lying-to-patients-8813139.html

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2012, 05:46:05 PM »

its not the wealth of the country that is an indicator of these things, its the gap between rich and poor within.

You're so superior.
G

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2012, 05:48:46 PM »
Yeah but he's Paki.
he can pay for a white woman with fake boobs. But he ll probably settle with a fat ugly paki imported from there.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2012, 05:50:03 PM »
money does not euqual happiness.

rich people kill themselves all the time (directly or indirectly)
mmm being rich and doing what you love, importing your sweetheart from pakistan to live with you the american way of life, might equal being happy tho.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2012, 05:52:34 PM »

it's not a lame causation. In poor countries people are more religious, still have faith and have not destroyed their family ties like materialist, atheist occidentals did.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2012, 05:57:29 PM »
it's not a lame causation. In poor countries people are more religious, still have faith and have not destroyed their family ties like materialist, atheist occidental did.
I think it has more to do with being engaged with the struggle for survival. In wealth, survival is virtually guaranteed.

You don't have time to be 'depressed' when your kids are barely getting enough to eat.
G

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2012, 06:03:56 PM »
When I was working at NASA they were only paying $9,000 a month, but I was only 14 years old, so that was pretty good bread. 
a

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2012, 06:05:00 PM »
I think it has more to do with being engaged with the struggle for survival. In wealth, survival is virtually guaranteed.

You don't have time to be 'depressed' when your kids are barely getting enough to eat.
there are religious occidentals that even with great confort  stayed faithful to God's words and as result successfuly built strong lasting families where everyone contributes and is happy as long as faith is kept by all the members.

Atheists are dying of not believing. They develop "mental illnesses" which are depressive states of mind only based on lack of love and spirituality. Parents psychologically, physically harm kids and kids get as depressive as them and stop reproducing, or once they reproduced, keep tormenting their own kids imitating subconsciously the way their own parents tormented them.
 They end thinking life is absurd, they believe in nihilism, they hate themselves and others and the only way to cope with reality is to flee it in various drugs and others addictions known as SINS.  

dustin

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2012, 06:05:36 PM »
I would work at NASA but I don't want to take a paycut. And I think the work may be a little too daft to keep me entertained throughout the day.

Sounds like a good layperson job though. Very respectable.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2012, 06:10:45 PM »

I worked at NASA back in the late 60's !!

I was an assistant in team building a huge moon-surface-like floor at one of the Hollywood studios.
Crazy job !
we for example carried countless bags of dust there to simulate moon surface where no wind blows it off.  

Oh boy, I was young then and it paid out good. Strange thing is I never saw a movie where that creation was used and I remember wondering why was NASA doing those special effects  :-\

haha genious!  ;D

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2012, 06:24:08 PM »
there are religious occidentals that even with great confort  stayed faithful to God's words and as result successfuly built strong lasting families where everyone contributes and is happy as long as faith is kept by all the members.

Atheists are dying of not believing. They develop "mental illnesses" which are depressive states of mind only based on lack of love and spirituality. Parents psychologically, physically harm kids and kids get as depressive as them and stop reproducing, or once they reproduced, keep tormenting their own kids imitating subconsciously the way their own parents tormented them.
 They end thinking life is absurd, they believe in nihilism, they hate themselves and others and the only way to cope with reality is to flee it in various drugs and others addictions known as SINS.  
hahaha! You're a funny guy.
G

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2012, 08:57:49 PM »
This is an outright lie :)
You keep telling yourself that.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2012, 09:01:08 PM »
Just talked with a pakistani, 22 years old, working as electronics engineer at NASA and earning 10 000 USD per month, fucking lucky bastard.

chump change  ::)

MikMaq

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2012, 09:03:27 PM »
When I was working at NASA they were only paying $9,000 a month, but I was only 14 years old, so that was pretty good bread. 
Thats too bad, Im stuck working for playboy mansion, they only pay you $200 per filthy whore you fuck.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2012, 09:07:24 PM »
i work for BHP Billiton and am paid $14 AuD per month...thats about $14,500USD.

and that is full time rates, not contractors. Contractors get around $1500 per day, on average.

Grads who are a coulpe of years out on cotnract earn about $110-$130 per hour.

You dont need to be at NASA to get dollars like that. Most engineers get that type of dollars.

You want the big bux then go to Abu Dabi and they dont baulk at $300 per hour...its not a problem.

What is there at Abu Dabi bro? WE are talking about UAE right
all drugs - TPPIIP

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2012, 09:08:23 PM »
When I was working with NASA  BigBobs didn't like it.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2012, 09:54:23 PM »

Just get your PhD in either aerospacial engineering, cosmology or physical chemistry from M.I.T or CalTech and you'll get paid just as much and perhaps even be hired by NASA! :D You are not being discriminated against!

In fact, being a post-graduate in the hard sciences is a decent way to make a living. These guys are not rich, but they earn as much as the top 10% of medical doctors and lawyers. You could say they are upper middle class.

SUCKMYMUSCLE