Author Topic: Maine results... Romney 39% (2190), Ron Paul 36% (1996)  (Read 1093 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Maine results... Romney 39% (2190), Ron Paul 36% (1996)
« on: February 11, 2012, 05:19:42 PM »
Looks like some caucus were closed and not counted due to bad weather. I think only 84% were counted so far but Im still not sure what is happening as a result of the cancelations. Great showing but still not enough to defeat Romney.

How does a candidate get thousends of people to come see him at speeches in the same state he cant even get 2000 votes? Can someone please explain to me how these loyal supporters jsut dont make it out to vote? Anyone?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
Re: Maine results... Romney 39% (2190), Ron Paul 36% (1996)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 05:31:51 PM »
http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz1m7roQxFn

“The No. 1 place where we’re going to be keying in on, working on is Maine,” Paul said on Tuesday, according to CNN. “There’s a lot of enthusiasm there.”

The Ron Paul campaign had tried to lower expectations somewhat Saturday, alleging that the Romney campaign had been involved in some tricky business, and predicting that the results would be very close.

In particular, a senior Paul aide had suggested that the Romney campaign was involved in the cancellation of a caucus where Paul’s campaign had expected to do well. “It’s not completely insidious, but they knew we were going to swamp it up there,” said Paul campaign chairman Jesse Benton.
The state GOP said that the caucus was cancelled due to inclement weather.

“His visits to the state have done him immeasurable good. Romney supporters, there is a much bigger spring in their step. Before Romney got here, there was a bit of a feeling of being left out, that Ron Paul supporters got to see their boy but they didn’t get to see theirs,” said Andrew Ian Dodge, a tea-party candidate challenging Sen. Olympia Snowe (R-Maine) in the GOP primary.

Notably, not all of Maine’s municipalities have held a caucus yet – tonight’s results only represent about 80 percent of Maine’s towns.

According to state GOP chairman Charlie Webster, there are 505 municipalities in Maine, of which 420 have caucused. An additional 40 or so small municipalities will not hold a caucus at all, and the remaining will hold a caucus in the coming weeks

So technically there is no real winner even though the news says Romney won? This is one of the worst elections I have ever heard of. What a fucking mess.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 06:26:11 PM »
Lol, hell, well just cancel caucaus' where he might win, fuck it.
System. Is. Broken.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 07:28:40 PM »
Maine Party Chair Webster: "Votes after Saturday won't be counted"  ::)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 01:33:20 AM »
Maine Party Chair Webster: "Votes after Saturday won't be counted"  ::)

Wtf?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 02:29:10 AM »

Wtf?
Webster said any caucus results that come in after Saturday wouldn't be counted no matter how close the vote turned out to be.

"Some caucuses decided not to participate in this poll and will caucus after this announcement," Webster said. "Their results will not be factored in. The absent votes will not be factored into this announcement after the fact."

http://www.dailypaul.com/213208/maine-party-chair-webster-votes-after-saturday-wont-be-counted

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 03:01:54 AM »
^

This is the kind of shit that makes citizens want to take up arms and rebel against corruption.  Then the media can turn it around and blame the turmoil on a fringe group of terrorists associated with Ron Paul.   ::)

I have fucking had it with this BS but what can be done?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 07:09:45 AM »
^

This is the kind of shit that makes citizens want to take up arms and rebel against corruption.  Then the media can turn it around and blame the turmoil on a fringe group of terrorists associated with Ron Paul.   ::)

I have fucking had it with this BS but what can be done?
Nothing.
Not a goddamn thing.
You cant do shit until the general public decides its had enough. And they wont decide theyve had enough as long as the politicians can keep the public playing the two party system.

People are going to continue to vote one party or the other, as long as the politicians have them convinced that "They (insert party name) are bad and causing all the problems in the US, we (insert opposing parties name) are going to fix things as long as you vote us into office and give us all the power we want to do whatever we want, we are looking out for your best interests and we are going to make sure YOU prosper ::)"
As long as people keep buying into that lie, nothing is going to change.

And if I know 1 thing for sure, its that people dont want to face reality, they dont WANT to have to accept that theyre wrong, that theyre being used or lied to. Many will NEVER accept it or wake up. Most wont until the LAST possible second, preffering to remain ignorant and stupid because its easier than facing the reality of the situation.
And by that time, it will more than likely be too late to turn things around without some sort of massive uprising.

Thats the story of our country though, just ignore the immediate problem, deal with it later cause wed rather just put if off rather than have to suffere even a LITTLE bit of uncomfortability to take care of the issue now, even if we KNOW FOR A FACT that if we ignore it, it will just turn into a huge shitstorm. We will still ignore it until we cannot any longer.

Politicians know this. They know how people think, how they act, they know how to manipulate people. Thats they entire job, hell their LIVES - to manipulate people into doing what they want. To vote for them, to pass their bills, to manipulate public opinion so that people will like them even while they fuck those same people right in the ass.

Its going to be a while before people figure it out en masse', I think. And by then I fear it will be too late.

/alarmist

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 08:30:47 AM »
Webster said any caucus results that come in after Saturday wouldn't be counted no matter how close the vote turned out to be.

"Some caucuses decided not to participate in this poll and will caucus after this announcement," Webster said. "Their results will not be factored in. The absent votes will not be factored into this announcement after the fact."

http://www.dailypaul.com/213208/maine-party-chair-webster-votes-after-saturday-wont-be-counted

Wow. I heard them them openly talk about not allowing Ron to win but I didn't think they would actually go through this much effort to make that happen. This is what they did in Nevada on 08. The old guard Repubs would just refuse to go through the process if they thought RP would win.

If they do change this it'll be too little, too late as the media won't even report on the win a week or two later. It'll be just like the Samtorum situation only worse because NO ONE will hear about it.

Fuck it. If this is how these fucking pieces of shit wanna play then I'm done. The party is a complete laughing stock. They really want Obama to win it again with thier idiotic plan to shut all these new comers out.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 08:32:45 AM »
Nothing.
Not a goddamn thing.
You cant do shit until the general public decides its had enough. And they wont decide theyve had enough as long as the politicians can keep the public playing the two party system.

People are going to continue to vote one party or the other, as long as the politicians have them convinced that "They (insert party name) are bad and causing all the problems in the US, we (insert opposing parties name) are going to fix things as long as you vote us into office and give us all the power we want to do whatever we want, we are looking out for your best interests and we are going to make sure YOU prosper ::)"

And if I know 1 thing for sure, its that people dont want to face reality, they dont WANT to have to accept that theyre wrong, that theyre being used or lied to. Many will NEVER accept it or wake up. Most wont until the LAST possible second, preffering to remain ignorant and stupid because its easier than facing the reality of the situation.
And by that time, it will more than likely be too late to turn things around without some sort of massive uprising.

Thats the story of our country though, just ignore the immediate problem, deal with it later cause wed rather just put if off rather than have to suffere even a LITTLE bit of uncomfortability to take care of the issue now, even if we KNOW FOR A FACT that if we ignore it, it will just turn into a huge shitstorm. We will still ignore it until we cannot any longer.

Politicians know this. They know how people think, how they act, they know how to manipulate people. Thats they entire job, hell their LIVES - to manipulate people into doing what they want. To vote for them, to pass their bills, to manipulate public opinion so that people will like them even while they fuck those same people right in the ass.

Its going to be a while before people figure it out en masse', I think. And by then I fear it will be too late.

/alarmist

The public has chosen to do something and it's called nothing. Voter participation is pathetic this year when you think it just couldn't get any worse.

I understand that so far these are only projected delegate wins but what they are doing to RP supporters still has a negative pyschological effect. They are trying to break our will to become delegates and it may be working. I know I'm getting annoyed big time but Whorewell is right and we have to battle onward.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 08:45:27 AM »
The public has chosen to do something and it's called nothing. Voter participation is pathetic this year when you think it just couldn't get any worse.

I understand that so far these are only projected delegate wins but what they are doing to RP supporters still has a negative pyschological effect. They are trying to break our will to become delegates and it may be working. I know I'm getting annoyed big time but Whorewell is right and we have to battle onward.
Well, the thing is, you dont really know where voter participation is... look at whats already happening, theyre admitting theyre just not going to count certain caucuses.. makes you wonder, how many votes in other counties in other states just disappeared or werent counted. If theyre admitting to it now, how long has it be going on before hand? One thing we know, is by the time they admit to something like this, it means it has been commonplace for a while.
So - the question is... Ron Paul has had these rediculous turnouts for his speeches, but its not translating to the voting booths, right?
Well, how do we really know if its not translating due to shitty turnout (unlikely given the size of the attendees at his speeches), or because those votes are disappearing or getting changed, or just flat not getting counted?

They've already said they wont let him win, theyve already admitted theyre not going to count certain caucuses that may be unfavorable, and theyve already come out and said that Voter fraud is an accepted way of getting the "right" candidate elected (both sides have side this).

To me, it adds up to the fact that they dont give a fuck anymore. They dont even care about image of a free elective system anymore- theyre to the point that theyre flat out telling us that they manipulate us as voters, use our votes, our names, our ballots, and our system to do whatever they want and they dont give a shit if we know cause there is not a damn thing we can do about it.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 08:48:02 AM »
Behind closed doors both parties are laughing their asses off what they are doing to us.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 09:56:15 AM »
These bastards care about proper election procedures as much as they care about following the Constitution. When it works in your favor everything is fine and dandy but when it doesn't, who gives a shit, just make the rules up as you go along.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2012, 10:35:45 AM »

Wow. I heard them them openly talk about not allowing Ron to win but I didn't think they would actually go through this much effort to make that happen. This is what they did in Nevada on 08. The old guard Repubs would just refuse to go through the process if they thought RP would win.

If they do change this it'll be too little, too late as the media won't even report on the win a week or two later. It'll be just like the Samtorum situation only worse because NO ONE will hear about it.

Fuck it. If this is how these fucking pieces of shit wanna play then I'm done. The party is a complete laughing stock. They really want Obama to win it again with thier idiotic plan to shut all these new comers out.

We can't just sit back and take it. We must do something. But what will we do?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 10:44:31 AM »
We can't just sit back and take it. We must do something. But what will we do?
What can we.do? They've already issued a statement about anti.gov extremists, practically labeling Paul.supporters as terrorists, they've already discredited anything we do. Wed just get labeled anti gov.terrorists and black bagged to gitmo.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 11:08:57 AM »
Nothing.
Not a goddamn thing.

/alarmist

Damn dude, calm down.  This is the kind of shit from RP supporters that turns people away from RP.

In Maine the caucuses went on for 1 FUCKING WEEK!

An entire WEEK LONG PROCESS.

At some point you have to draw the line and say this is the end (Friday night, Sat day, whatever).

And the deadline affected ALL candidates, not just RP.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2012, 11:36:29 AM »
What can we.do? They've already issued a statement about anti.gov extremists, practically labeling Paul.supporters as terrorists, they've already discredited anything we do. Wed just get labeled anti gov.terrorists and black bagged to gitmo.

Civil disobedience, voting for and campaigning for the right candidates, educating our friends and family, etc. I will not let the government trample all over my rights without putting up a fight.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2012, 01:05:06 PM »
Civil disobedience, voting for and campaigning for the right candidates, educating our friends and family, etc. I will not let the government trample all over my rights without putting up a fight.
Well yes, I do all of those things short of civil disobediance on a daily basis.

Two problems.
1.people don't want to be educated the few people that listen, will simply take whatever I have said, nod, and then somehow try and take info I have given to them and apply it to whichever candidate they've already decided on. 99% of peoples decisions that I have spoken to, have been based on the following :
Yeah, those are all reasons I'm voting for Obama because he is for the average working person and against big business and he's not a racist like Paul.
Or
Yeah, those are all the reasons I'm voting for Romney because hes against big spending and obamacare and he's not a nut on foreign policy like Paul.
They literally take all of Pauls strengths, fiscal policy, rationality, etc... And tell me straight to my face that Romney or Obama both encompass everything that makes Paul the ideal candidate without being a "nut". Seriously. They will tell me that Obama and romney all believe the same things as Paul, but are better choices because ones a democrat an the other is a republican. People actually tell.me daily I'm confused and Paul has NOTHING to do with being conservative and shouldn't be affiliated with the GOP.

And more importantly

2.all the info, awareness and civil disobediance in the world can't trump them manipulating votes, telling us they won't let him win, and can't make people give a damn. :-\

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2012, 02:12:39 PM »
 ;).  Ask the average fool who hayek, schiff friendman sowell etc are and there is your answer.     Shit - look at posters like blacken lurker andre benny etc.   Is it any wonder we are so fd up? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2012, 04:58:06 PM »

Damn dude, calm down.  This is the kind of shit from RP supporters that turns people away from RP.

In Maine the caucuses went on for 1 FUCKING WEEK!

An entire WEEK LONG PROCESS.

At some point you have to draw the line and say this is the end (Friday night, Sat day, whatever).

And the deadline affected ALL candidates, not just RP.

Oh no, the horror... a week :o...  it'll destroy the state of things completely lolol... AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!  RUN!!!!!!