Author Topic: OK. Now you told me how strong squatters you guys are.  (Read 3473 times)

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
Re: OK. Now you told me how strong squatters you guys are.
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2012, 09:37:02 AM »
I squat for "dar ass"........................ .....................U wanna see my butt?

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2012, 10:33:40 AM »
Who says heavy squats equal big legs?  ???
I think the strongest squatters are not Powerlifter but olympic weightlifter.
And all of them have great legs.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2012, 10:37:37 AM »
faggets...

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2012, 10:37:56 AM »
Look like Dave19 knows the shit very well. thats what i feel.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2012, 01:32:03 PM »
Who says heavy squats equal big legs?  ???

they absolutely dont

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2012, 01:33:16 PM »
Then can you guys(who can do 400lbs squats) post some pics of your legs? No homo AT ALL.

Why post pics of legs, it has nothing to do with it.

j3di3

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2012, 01:56:52 PM »
i never squatted more than 3 plates aside but here is a video of someone who does

also this guy,  :o
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2012, 02:02:56 PM »
they absolutely dont

There certainly is a strong correlation.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2012, 02:05:19 PM »
There certainly is a strong correlation.

I think the short stubby legged lifters dont get the most out of squats is all.

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2012, 06:22:49 AM »
Why post pics of legs, it has nothing to do with it.

There might be quite a few guys who can lift a lot of weight (squat deadlift benchpress.. doesn't matter) and don't look like it but I would not say that lifting heavy weights/being strong has NOTHING to do with how big your muscles are.

Most powerlifters and olympic weightlifters are very muscular and actually look like they can handle a lot of weight.

Most guys who don't use heavy weights are small.

Pretty much anyone who can squat 315 for 20 reps has good leg development.

So while it's possible to be strong and small or weak and big it's not the usual case - especially not when training like most bodybuilders do.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2012, 07:55:32 AM »
I have a friend who does a 'strongman' show, which consists of about an hour and a half of rolling up 6mm thick frying pans, lowering an axe weighted with a 20lb dumbell, ripping phone books wrapped in duct tape etc etc, yet he is smaller than me and looks like he should be 'weaker' than me,

He told me half his strength is in his ligaments, and he has built this up over years with odd objects training etc. Same principle goes for 65 year old farmhand who could probably deadlift 405 on his first attempt - not because of his muscular strength but rather because his back/arms/hams can take a lot more shit than somebody elses.

Size is not everything when it comes to strength, esp legs. Check out some powerlifting meets in the under 80kg  under 90kg classes - not everyone is tom platz but they still squat 600lb for a rep

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2012, 08:07:52 AM »
I think the strongest squatters are not Powerlifter but olympic weightlifter.
And all of them have great legs.

Their style of squat is a lot different, too. Close stance, high bar, extremely deep etc.

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2012, 08:09:57 AM »
I always hear how guys say they squat so much...I'd like to see the form and depth and technique. Some guys are just naturally good squatters through.

I'm not really built to powerlift but I used to try squat really heavy Max Ot Style for sets of 4-6 reps got up to doing that with 190kg (with light knee wraps) probably only went to parallel or just above though...one day almost tore my quad on the side. Very close call, It scared the shit out of me!  :o... I got bigger but mainly stronger doing that.

Now I don't go more than 140kg (that's heavy enough for me) and push the reps rather for 4 sets of 10-12 reps. My best is 16 good reps with 140kg (315 pounds) Had a spotter, used belt, No knee wraps, right down - ass to ankles, slow and controlled up and down, not locking out at the top)

I do this once a week and a high rep leg press workout later on in the week. My legs have never been better and my knees are grateful. Guess you get wiser as you get older  8)

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2012, 08:36:02 AM »
I have a friend who does a 'strongman' show, which consists of about an hour and a half of rolling up 6mm thick frying pans, lowering an axe weighted with a 20lb dumbell, ripping phone books wrapped in duct tape etc etc, yet he is smaller than me and looks like he should be 'weaker' than me,

He told me half his strength is in his ligaments, and he has built this up over years with odd objects training etc. Same principle goes for 65 year old farmhand who could probably deadlift 405 on his first attempt - not because of his muscular strength but rather because his back/arms/hams can take a lot more shit than somebody elses.

Size is not everything when it comes to strength, esp legs. Check out some powerlifting meets in the under 80kg  under 90kg classes - not everyone is tom platz but they still squat 600lb for a rep

Um, yeah. And then there are guys who are double your size and two times stronger than you. Elite weightlifters and strongmen don't weigh 400 pounds because they just feel like it. Size = strength, very much.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2012, 07:33:57 PM »
Um, yeah. And then there are guys who are double your size and two times stronger than you. Elite weightlifters and strongmen don't weigh 400 pounds because they just feel like it. Size = strength, very much.

I think hes was talking more about p4p strength, there are some strong little f#ckers out there. But in terms of pure strength for sure bigger size=bigger strength without a doubt.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2012, 07:44:53 PM »