Author Topic: Prescription Drugs  (Read 2629 times)

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
Prescription Drugs
« on: February 13, 2012, 10:20:55 AM »
This is clearly related to bodybuilding as well. But following the death of Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson, Amy Winehouse, Nick Carter's hot sister, Marilyn Monroe, Jimi Hendrix, Bruce Lee, Elvis Presley, Ol' Dirty Bastard, Chris Penn, Anna Nicole Smith, Heath Ledger, also including some Bodybuilders even though they're not as main stream as the A-List celebrities, but all related to overdosing of drugs leading to death. Is it really that powerful with all the money, wealth, support, family, friends, fans to stop or know when enough is enough? There's people dying for just trying to break bread. And you have powerful, wealthy rich people falling into a black hole just like that. Too much time on their hands to do drugs?

Empathy/Sympathy much?

- Discuss
#

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
Re: Prescription Drugs
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 10:25:29 AM »
Some of those people were artists (others were just fuck-ups)

Being an artist means you are a very sensitive individual. A situation that doesn't affect normal people has the potential to wreck you.
It's also bound to creativity. For those people art is a means of escape from the hell they carry inside.

Drugs is another route of escape. If you think about it, it's almost inevitable that people with this particular idiosyncrasy will become dependent on some chemical or another

Brocty

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 10:27:23 AM »
I do believe girls and sons would be an appropriate fit here

T-rex

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 10:36:12 AM »
Think about what they have access to? Nervous: take this. Stressed: take this. It just can snowball. Imagine their wealth +.unlimited access to everything. Kicking one drug is bad enough. Imagine trying to kick 10?

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 11:37:00 AM »

Anna Recksiek

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 11:51:05 AM »
Up the dose

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 11:56:35 AM »

Out of the many comics I've seen in person, Bill Hicks never had the capacity to make me laugh.  His work was insightful and while many would have considered him to be the "thinking man's comic", he seemed to be like that of a miserable little boy trapped in a time that did not fit his persona.

RIP Billy..
"1"

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 12:06:45 PM »
 ;D I'M RICK JAMES BITCH................... ...
F

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 12:08:45 PM »
You named a small list in the thouands and thousands of people that don't.  You try stopping the trillion dollar drug industry.  Those fuckers are so powerful they tell the president what laws to write.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 12:12:29 PM »
Out of the many comics I've seen in person, Bill Hicks never had the capacity to make me laugh.  His work was insightful and while many would have considered him to be the "thinking man's comic", he seemed to be like that of a miserable little boy trapped in a time that did not fit his persona.

RIP Billy..
"1"
Agree. I too like(d) his insights, and his rants were pretty good at times, but I never really 'laughed.'   

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 01:09:35 PM »

RIP Billy..
"1"

That's cool that you saw him live. And he did seem like a miserable bastard from a lot of the clips I've seen of him...just totally frustrated with life in general. I find some of his material funny but most of it is just him venting, but I could always relate.  ;D

George Carlin on the other hand was able to talk about serious subjects but make you piss your pants at the same time.

FAST LANE

• Getbig III
  • Life's too short to be small
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 01:27:56 PM »
Just proves that anyone that thinks these celebs or people in general aren't taking shit, popping pills like skittles, hormonized the the gills, is fucking naive... EVERYONE IS ON SOMETHING

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 01:31:08 PM »
That's cool that you saw him live. And he did seem like a miserable bastard from a lot of the clips I've seen of him...just totally frustrated with life in general. I find some of his material funny but most of it is just him venting, but I could always relate.  ;D

George Carlin on the other hand was able to talk about serious subjects but make you piss your pants at the same time.

I think that with Billy, he might have known about his medical problems much earlier on than we probably figured. In other words, he didn't let up to the fact that he was facing cancer, but instead approached comedy with a very sarcastic tone and "live & let die" approach to everything.

George Carlin was an absolute comedic genius.  His frankness and blunt approach to comedy and real-world issues was nothing short of amazing.  Part of the reason why he managed to be so blunt and still garner the attention of millions is that he was an older gentlemen and we, kind of sort of, let old people get away with saying stuff that the typical young comic would get crucified for.

Carlin would debunk American politics, the industrialized military complex, religion, drugs and our economical class system.

Like I said, pure genius...
"1"

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 01:46:59 PM »
I think that with Billy, he might have known about his medical problems much earlier on than we probably figured. In other words, he didn't let up to the fact that he was facing cancer, but instead approached comedy with a very sarcastic tone and "live & let die" approach to everything.

George Carlin was an absolute comedic genius.  His frankness and blunt approach to comedy and real-world issues was nothing short of amazing.  Part of the reason why he managed to be so blunt and still garner the attention of millions is that he was an older gentlemen and we, kind of sort of, let old people get away with saying stuff that the typical young comic would get crucified for.

Carlin would debunk American politics, the industrialized military complex, religion, drugs and our economical class system.

Like I said, pure genius...
"1"

That's some good insight on both comedians. I hadn't thought about the possibility of Hicks knowing about the cancer earlier but that would explain the approach he took with his comedy. RIP to both!