Author Topic: Q for fhose of you with physical jobs  (Read 2373 times)

anab0lic

• Getbig II
Q for fhose of you with physical jobs
« on: February 13, 2012, 01:28:55 PM »
How much more do you find you need to eat to gain weight when working vs sitting on your ass all day?

Muscleboy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Q for fhose of you with physical jobs
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 02:02:37 PM »
All I now is that during the winter when I get laid off,I get fat because I still condone the same amount of calories as when I'm working

skemeteem

• Getbig I
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 02:37:23 PM »
I definitly cant eat the same as when im working, i deliver furniture for a living and running up and down flights of stairs carrying shit definetly makes a difference than just sitting around on my ass all day.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 02:43:03 PM »
How much more do you find you need to eat to gain weight when working vs sitting on your ass all day?
I am a roofer and not on gh, but still take in 2 liters of fruit punch a day and stay in single digits, roofing burns crazy calories, especially in the summer

BiGHer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 02:57:06 PM »
I worked construction for a while and I never had a tough time eating.  I had a tough time getting to the gym at the end of the day after being exhausted.

You do need to eat more though in a physically demanding job, that's for sure.  How much more depends on you and your body.

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 03:15:18 PM »
never had a non physical job but i eat very abundantly, never do cardio NEVER, work out three times a week and still have low bodyfat

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 03:23:33 PM »

I can eat 5k calories a day and not gain weight.

I'm usually in -20 freezers and so I'm sure I burn more calories doing what I do, in order to stay warm.

But if I'm off on vacation or unemployed as I was a couple years ago, I have to curtail my calorie intake a drastic amount.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 03:26:36 PM »

Alot more brother,,,,if you sit on your ass all day you can grow of 2500 calories, if your construction worker try 4000. I've done landscaping,construction,kitchen work,,etc. All the shit jobs and it's no coincidence I'm making my best gains now that I'm unemployeed and sit on my ass and inject shit all day. Find you a "magic chair" if your not employeed to kill some time.... I have one in my den, I just sit down close my eyes and listen to music while I wait for growth to happen and hormones todo their magic. All bodybuilders have this it's secret they dont tell you, see Groink on the couch pic
l

dustin

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 03:27:27 PM »
Personally I'd rather do physical work as opposed to sitting all day like I do now. Like the great Falcone said, standing all day equals epic leans.

Sitting all day makes you tired as fuck and you can't eat as much as your body becomes used to being sedentary. I hate being pretty much chained to a desk all day at work. I rip around the office and stand up for most of the day if I can. I can raise the keyboard at my desk and can stack the monitors up high so I can stand and get them Falcone leans.

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 03:34:58 PM »
Personally I'd rather do physical work as opposed to sitting all day like I do now. Like the great Falcone said, standing all day equals epic leans.

Sitting all day makes you tired as fuck and you can't eat as much as your body becomes used to being sedentary. I hate being pretty much chained to a desk all day at work. I rip around the office and stand up for most of the day if I can. I can raise the keyboard at my desk and can stack the monitors up high so I can stand and get them Falcone leans.

sitting all day  is better recovery and less wasting calories

only bad thing is it's bad for your posture

dustin

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 03:52:27 PM »
sitting all day  is better recovery and less wasting calories

only bad thing is it's bad for your posture

No it's not. Bullshit.

You would think that not exhausting your body's energy would be a good thing, allowing you to recover but it's not. If you sit all day doing sweet fuck all for days, weeks, months and years your body won't use that downtime to build sheaths of muscle. Use it or lose it. I put muscle on and keep fat off WAY easier by staying ACTIVE. No one on Earth was ever built to sit for 8 hours a day. It does not benefit a single person on this planet.

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 07:18:25 PM »
I wouldn't define what I do as a physical job, but Im on my feet every day for most of the work day.
Whenever I get sent for training which usually lasts 3 days to a week and is primarily all sitting down I definetly feel worse, and for sure not as hungry.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 07:20:45 PM »
No it's not. Bullshit.

You would think that not exhausting your body's energy would be a good thing, allowing you to recover but it's not. If you sit all day doing sweet fuck all for days, weeks, months and years your body won't use that downtime to build sheaths of muscle. Use it or lose it. I put muscle on and keep fat off WAY easier by staying ACTIVE. No one on Earth was ever built to sit for 8 hours a day. It does not benefit a single person on this planet.

I sit on my couch and work from my lap top all day. Knee pain is gone planter faciata & heel spurs are gone. I do feel more sluggish as I get too comfortable and prop my feet up for hours on end. I don't have much of an appetite and have to fight my meals down. I do stay sub 7% bf year round.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 07:30:01 PM »
One of my friends said it best, "People say you get fat because you get old. No you get fat because you get an office job"

MikMaq

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2012, 08:17:02 PM »
As a person whos just quit his job to to ankle problems, I can tell you standing all fucking day is brutal. I cant even run at this point, granted I also cant sit in a chair either as I got back issues.

So Im gonna stay in bed all day and see how that works out. :D

dustin

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2012, 08:35:40 PM »
I sit on my couch and work from my lap top all day. Knee pain is gone planter faciata & heel spurs are gone. I do feel more sluggish as I get too comfortable and prop my feet up for hours on end. I don't have much of an appetite and have to fight my meals down. I do stay sub 7% bf year round.

I stay around 7-8% bf too, but when I was doing physical work it was an easy and true 6-7%, no excess water and I was eating 10 times "dirtier". I had way more energy as well.

Like I said, sitting for 8 hours a day does no one a service. You may be able to baby an injury or get some much needed rest, but after a year or two of that shit it changes your body. I would much rather be tired and moving around at work than tired and sitting down all day. The difference is that once you get off work you get a second wind when you're moving all day... after I get off work, I'm more tired than ever. It fucking blows.

MassiveM

• Getbig II
  • Founder of Thunderdome Drama!
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2012, 08:38:59 PM »
Epic diet advice. Just go to your local chinatown and start eating dogs and cats.
Team Sarcasm

dustin

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 08:51:53 PM »
Epic diet advice. Just go to your local chinatown and start eating dogs and cats.

Dogs + Cats + standing all day = epic leans.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2012, 09:13:30 PM »
One of my friends said it best, "People say you get fat because you get old. No you get fat because you get an office job"
that is just a lame excuse.  Just wake up a couple hours earlier. Or better yet, buy some basic equipment and work out at home and start running around your block.
A

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2012, 09:19:38 PM »
Dogs + Cats + standing all day = epic leans.
I'm dating a Chinese girl who said her childhood dog was stolen, possibly to be sold to a restaurant.

I wasn't sure if I should have laughed or cried, so I just kept my mouth shut.

G

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2012, 11:54:34 PM »
if sitting on your ass all day is so bad, then how are pro bodybuilders so ripped?