Author Topic: DIAZ test poitive for Cannabis, Rematch with Condit unlikely  (Read 4455 times)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
DIAZ test poitive for Cannabis, Rematch with Condit unlikely
« on: February 13, 2012, 04:49:40 PM »
Nevada Athletic Commission confirmed on Thursday that Diaz tested positive for marijuana at the event, plunging any potential rematch into huge doubt.

And Condit, who is now likely to pursue a showdown with returning champion Georges St-Pierre later in the year, said Diaz risked playing with fire and got burnt.

He told The MMA Hour: "I don't care. The thing about it is, it's something they test for. It's against the Nevada [State] Athletic Commission [rules]. I don't really consider it to be a performance-enhancing drug, but the fact is, they're testing for it. And you know they're testing for it.

"Whatever you do in between camps, if you know they're testing for this stuff then you've got to figure something out. In the past, he's said, 'Oh, I can smoke and I can pass these tests no problem.' That attitude kind of came back and bit him in the ass."

Cesar Gracie: Nick Diaz Was Surprised He Tested Positive

By Michael David Smith - Lead Blogger

Feb 13, 2012 - Days after the announcement that Nick Diaz tested positive for marijuana and will be disciplined by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, Diaz's manager and trainer Cesar Gracie said Diaz was surprised by the result of his drug test. Not because Diaz doesn't use marijuana -- he admits he does -- but because Diaz thought he had taken all the necessary steps to make sure the marijuana metabolites were out of his system before the drug test.

"I was very disappointed," Gracie said on The MMA Hour. "Everyone knows he smokes marijuana medicinally in California. He has a legal right to do it in this state."

Gracie said he was the one who was informed of the positive test and passed along the word to Diaz, and that Diaz had thought he had stopped using marijuana for long enough before the UFC 143 fight with Carlos Condit, and had enough water pass through his system, that a test would come up negative.

"He was surprised he tested positive," Gracie said. "He does the same ritual every fight for the last five years. He stops it in time and he cleanses his system, works out like crazy, drinks a lot of water and purges his system of it."

Gracie said he thought Diaz's weight cut may have contributed to the marijuana metabolites staying in his system longer than usual. Gracie said the Diaz camp has hired an attorney, Ross Goodman of Las Vegas, who will help to appeal to the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

This is the second time that Diaz has failed a drug test in Nevada, having previously tested positive following his Pride victory over Takanori Gomi. Because this is a second offense, Diaz could face a yearlong suspension. It's also possible that Diaz -- who hinted immediately following the loss to Condit that he might retire from MMA -- could quit fighting entirely. Gracie said that's going through Diaz's mind now, but that he believes Diaz will ultimately decide he wants to continue competing.

"It's quite possible, actually," Gracie said of Diaz possibly walking away. "I really believe he loves fighting. I think he's fought too much and I think with all the politics that come with this sport and everything, the negativity, it's a crazy thing and I don't think he likes that part of it and the media and everything. He wanted to test himself as a martial artist and that was the most important thing, even more important than financial gain."

Ultimately, Gracie thinks Diaz will step back into the cage at some point, once he has put whatever discipline Nevada hands down behind him.

"I think after a certain amount of time he'll get the love back," Gracie said. "So I do want him to go through this process and try to clear everything and get him back on track fighting."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/2/13/2795540/ufc-143-cesar-gracie-nick-diaz-carlos-condit-marijuana-drug-test-mma-news
V

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: DIAZ test poitive for Cannabis, Rematch with Condit unlikely
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 04:52:54 PM »
do ya love me, mary jane...

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 04:53:26 PM »
people still give a shit about weed ???

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 04:54:18 PM »

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 05:26:08 PM »
wc
T

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 05:38:41 PM »
Can't have it both ways...If weed helps cancer patients not feel their pain, of course it would be considered a PED for "SOME" fighters. Maybe thats why Diaz seemingly can't be hurt and feels no pain. Not only that, for a lot of people it really helps you zone in on objects etc. Not all weed makes you a lazy mess. Smoke some weed and kicks to the legs may feel like nothing. Didn't Diaz say he couldn't feel Condits kicks. HMM

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 05:49:28 PM »
it's not going to help athletic performance anyways so why do they care?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 05:53:36 PM »
Retire now.  He's 28, still has his marbles, and a nice chunk of money.

Mixed martial artist Nick Diaz, with a net worth of $1.5 million, has had a very successful career in the world of mixed martial arts, having competed in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, Strikeforce, and World Extreme Cagefighting, among other mixed martial arts organizations. In addition to his net worth, Diaz has achieved fame for his jiu jitsu fighting style, and his trademark closed guard grappling maneuver which he often uses in fights. After many years as a student of various combat sports, Diaz had his first professional mixed martial arts fight in 2001 at IFC Warriors Challenge 15. That fight, against Mike Wick, ended up being a victory for Diaz, who defeated Wick with a triangle choke maneuver. From there, Diaz found himself in a championship bout for only his second match, against United States Welterweight Champion Chris Lyte, who he defeated for the title. Since winning the title, Diaz experienced a quick rise to fame and fortune within the ranks of the Ultimate Fighting Championship. Although not quick enough, if his out of the octagon feud with Diego Sanchez is any indication. The two exchanged angry emails with one another before and after a championship bout between the two was signed, with Diaz publicly stating that he thought Sanchez had received unfair breaks and an “easy path” to UFC stardom.

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/wrestlers/nick-diaz-net-worth/

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 05:57:29 PM »
There is absolutely no way in which marijuana would have enhanced his performance during that fight.  If anything, I think it is more likely to distort his overall perception of reality.

I can see a fighter struggling with speed and overall concentration while smoking marijuana.

It's total bullshit, if you ask me.

"1"

dustin

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 06:00:20 PM »
Can't have it both ways...If weed helps cancer patients not feel their pain, of course it would be considered a PED for "SOME" fighters. Maybe thats why Diaz seemingly can't be hurt and feels no pain. Not only that, for a lot of people it really helps you zone in on objects etc. Not all weed makes you a lazy mess. Smoke some weed and kicks to the legs may feel like nothing. Didn't Diaz say he couldn't feel Condits kicks. HMM

Smoking a joint before a fight isn't going to help you not feel getting hit. If anything, you'll trip out harder and the pain will resonate and trip you out. There are different sorts of pain and it's primarily neurological pain that it helps with. If you're writhing in agony with a migraine it will help, but if someone punches you in the face I assure you that you'll feel it and probably more.

With that said, I'll toss a brownie down the hatch now. No one punch me in the face or kick my legs please... that shit would trip me out.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 06:01:53 PM »
There is absolutely no way in which marijuana would have enhanced his performance during that fight.  If anything, I think it is more likely to distort his overall perception of reality.

I can see a fighter struggling with speed and overall concentration while smoking marijuana.

It's total bullshit, if you ask me.

"1"

95% of all NBA basketball players smoke weed. And supposedly 75% of them do it while playing in the game. Larry Bird was one guy who said he loved played basketball while high. One of the greatest shooters of all time.

Doc Ellis threw a no hitter on LSD. When most people can't see 3 feet in front of themselves...David Wells also said he was half drunk when throwing his no hitter.

http://www.sirbacon.org/4membersonly/docellis.htm

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 06:07:11 PM »
Smoking a joint before a fight isn't going to help you not feel getting hit. If anything, you'll trip out harder and the pain will resonate and trip you out. There are different sorts of pain and it's primarily neurological pain that it helps with. If you're writhing in agony with a migraine it will help, but if someone punches you in the face I assure you that you'll feel it and probably more.

With that said, I'll toss a brownie down the hatch now. No one punch me in the face or kick my legs please... that shit would trip me out.

People react differently to drugs. Some people can't stand after drinking 5 beers while others can drink a 12 pack like its nothing. Not all weed is the same. In fact, its much much different. Give a kid with ADD some Ritalin and it calms them down. Give it to an adult and it does the opposite. The weed Diaz is smoking is nothing like the majority of people outside of California is smoking. Joe Rogan said some weed feels like speed to him.  :-\

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 06:10:07 PM »
95% of all NBA basketball players smoke weed. And supposedly 75% of them do it while playing in the game. Larry Bird was one guy who said he loved played basketball while high.

I think marijuana should be completely legalized.

It's ridiculous that both cigarettes and alcohol have been documented to be both more addictive and actually deadly as compared to marijuana, which doesn't even have a single case of overdose or death to its name.

This is what happens when you have enough lobbyists in Washington to get your way.  Big cigarette & alcohol companies can push poison to the US people, so as long as they are capable of buying enough politicians.

"1"

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 06:14:22 PM »
I think marijuana should be completely legalized.

It's ridiculous that both cigarettes and alcohol have been documented to be both more addictive and actually deadly as compared to marijuana, which doesn't even have a single case of overdose or death to its name.

This is what happens when you have enough lobbyists in Washington to get your way.  Big cigarette & alcohol companies can push poison to the US people, so as long as they are capable of buying enough politicians.

"1"

I don't disagree with you. I'm just saying that rec/drugs may act like PED's from "some" athletes.  And if they are gonna test for some PED's, they should test for all PED's. Or no testing at all.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2012, 06:14:39 PM »

"1"

"Big weed" woudl do the same... except for people can grow it in their yard, making it impossible to tax.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2012, 06:17:29 PM »

"Big weed" woudl do the same... except for people can grow it in their yard, making it impossible to tax.

Difference is that unlike the other two drugs (alcohol & nicotine), marijuana doesn't kill or cause cancer or even lead to murders.

The benefits of marijuana clearly outweigh the risks.

"1"

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2012, 06:20:44 PM »

The benefits of marijuana clearly outweigh the risks.

"1"
x11111111111111111111111110000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000432000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000002150000000000000000000000000000000000000000000007000000000000000000000008000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000032784.14789 to the power of 10
V

dustin

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 06:31:13 PM »
People react differently to drugs. Some people can't stand after drinking 5 beers while others can drink a 12 pack like its nothing. Not all weed is the same. In fact, its much much different. Give a kid with ADD some Ritalin and it calms them down. Give it to an adult and it does the opposite. The weed Diaz is smoking is nothing like the majority of people outside of California is smoking. Joe Rogan said some weed feels like speed to him.  :-\

I have a medical marijuana exemption and have grown it for years. I've got access to dozens of unique and rare strains too. It's safe to say that I am familiar with the affects.

There is no argument whatsoever, smoking weed doesn't help when getting punched in the face. If anything, it will feel worse. I have access to tons of different strains and while there are many different psychoactive ingredients, they're pretty similar in the grand scheme of things and all that's different are ratios of different THC analogs and endocannabinoids.

Performance enhancer or hindrance outside of pain tolerance... it's tough to say. It can be argued either way, but I think if people say it's an enhancer then they're starting off on a slippery slope. You can think more abstractly but often it's easy to lose focus. And in a fight, I don't know how much that would help. Getting a barrage of abstract ideas and not having as much focus is too volatile. Strains are too different, and it's far too difficult to standardize marijuana even if you use prepared tinctures and oral preparations. I would say that this alone nullifies any argument for it being helpful. It's just too random to be reliable, and when you only fight a few times a year that is far too risky to fight blitzed out of your gourd.

I have been hit many times while high and no matter what the strain it usually feels a lot more "trippy". The pain and subsequent sensations reverberate and are much more vivid. It does NOT feel good getting hit while high, especially because of the longer lasting pulsing sensation it leaves. I've hit my finger with a hammer, stubbed my toe, got a hipper walking around a corner, I HAVE been punched in the face while high, I've hit the cement, etc... it almost always feels worse because of the high. You get consumed by the sensation a lot more than if you were sober, and I wonder how much of an affect it has on adrenaline. When I've been jacked up getting hit feels like nothing, and if it curbs the adrenaline rush then he might be feeling a lot more pain during the fight than if he were sober.

When it comes to sports and playing them high, I can say that I've performed a lot better at some sports. I used to skateboard back in high school and was actually sponsored by a few local shops. We weren't throwing things down huge handrails but we were killing it on the streets and at the parks. I was the primary joint roller and I always skated better when stoned. Basketball and soccer, I've played those great while stoned as well. It could be argued that it's just my perception but others observed the same thing too. But if I were to fight someone I would not smoke a joint beforehand... no way.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2012, 07:00:50 PM »
While I do think that Marijuana use should be legalized, I also feel strongly that use should be limited to that of mentally healthy adults.

What do I mean by this?  I will illustrate with a quick story involving a family member.

About a year or so ago, my nephew (17 years old now), who suffers from an anxiety disorder, decided to consume marijuana via brownies.  He got a little trigger happy and consumed close to 5-6 brownies in one sitting during a party at a friend's house. An hour or so afterwards, his parents got a call stating that he was having some sort of panic attack, where he began to think that he was actually dying, while screaming out for an ambulance.

My brother called me while driving over to my nephew and I, in turn, picked up and headed over to Rochester immediately.  Once there, I found my brother, his wife and the parents of my nephew's friend surrounding my nephew and yelling at him to calm down.  They had already called an ambulance minutes prior to me showing up.

I remember holding my nephew firmly, asking him to look into my eyes and take nice, deep breaths.  He had various moments where he was shaking violently and saying that he started to see things from a "past life" and it took much work, but I managed to calm him down slightly.

The only thing that truly worked to get him back to normal/reality prior to the ambulance arriving, was when I forced him to drink about half a gallon of milk and then made him vomit what he had consumed.  

Five minutes after violently vomiting out what looked like a sea of brown, he came back to his senses, stopped shaking and was able to relax and quickly thereafter fell asleep for a few hours before we headed back to my brother's home.

It saved us a trip to the hospital, a possible report stating that a minor suffered from drug intoxication and the hassle of then having to explain to the local police force why minors even had access to marijuana to begin with.

I think his situation was exacerbated by the underlying anxiety issues he suffers from, hence why I think only healthy minded adults should use marijuana and with good measure.

"1"

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2012, 07:12:17 PM »
do ya love me, mary jane...

Jesus who are those to f.aggots?

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2012, 07:23:23 PM »
While I do think that Marijuana use should be legalized, I also feel strongly that use should be limited to that of mentally healthy adults.

What do I mean by this?  I will illustrate with a quick story involving a family member.

About a year or so ago, my nephew (17 years old now), who suffers from an anxiety disorder, decided to consume marijuana via brownies.  He got a little trigger happy and consumed close to 5-6 brownies in one sitting during a party at a friend's house. An hour or so afterwards, his parents got a call stating that he was having some sort of panic attack, where he began to think that he was actually dying, while screaming out for an ambulance.

My brother called me while driving over to my nephew and I, in turn, picked up and headed over to Rochester immediately.  Once there, I found my brother, his wife and the parents of my nephew's friend surrounding my nephew and yelling at him to calm down.  They had already called an ambulance minutes prior to me showing up.

I remember holding my nephew firmly, asking him to look into my eyes and take nice, deep breaths.  He had various moments where he was shaking violently and saying that he started to see things from a "past life" and it took much work, but I managed to calm him down slightly.

The only thing that truly worked to get him back to normal/reality prior to the ambulance arriving, was when I forced him to drink about half a gallon of milk and then made him vomit what he had consumed.  

Five minutes after violently vomiting out what looked like a sea of brown, he came back to his senses, stopped shaking and was able to relax and quickly thereafter fell asleep for a few hours before we headed back to my brother's home.

It saved us a trip to the hospital, a possible report stating that a minor suffered from drug intoxication and the hassle of then having to explain to the local police force why minors even had access to marijuana to begin with.

I think his situation was exacerbated by the underlying anxiety issues he suffers from, hence why I think only healthy minded adults should use marijuana and with good measure.

"1"

There are no "healthy minded adults".  Just people with varying abilites to maintain the illusion.

dustin

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2012, 07:45:28 PM »

"1"

Like Voice of Doom said, it's a bit flawed to say health minded individual because there's so little we know about our minds and it's tough to really say that. But I otherwise completely agree with you. Some people sketch the fuck out when they take as little as a puff, others chill right the fuck out and can become the life of the party because it lifts the veil of anxiety that could have been crippling their entire life.

For myself, it's a mixed bag of greens (pun intended!). More often than not it eases my anxiety. But sometimes certain strains or even just when I'm in a certain mood or setting I can get a bit of anxiety. Typical symptoms manifest when your eyes and mouth start drying out - you feel a bit on edge and most people wonder if everyone knows they're stoned. From there, it just branches off into uncomfortable territory. More often than not I can just splash some cold water on my face or do a bit of deep breathing.

Some people unfortunately have some underlying mental challenges that have just simply never been identified. I honestly hate labelling mental issues because I think there are way too many labels and diagnosis' out there... but to sum it up, a lot of people are fucked up and a lot don't know it. Drugs like marijuana are normally something any stable mind can handle, but some people can go off the deep end with something as little as weed. Some people's lives get flipped upside down by video games, food and other mental fixations too so I don't hold a grudge against marijuana for that particular reason.

I do think it's a lot better than SSRIs and other drugs that fuck with serotonin and whatnot. A lot of those types of drugs are used off label for the treatment of migraines and I've used all of them. I do not like them whatsoever and after having done a lot of research I think we don't know nearly enough about the brain or our psychology to use anything this powerful. Maybe in another 10-20 years but for now, smokin' the ganj is helping me immensely. I would have slit my wrists from migraines and depression years ago had I not learned how to use marijuana the way I do.

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2012, 07:52:36 PM »
Nick always manages to land in some controversy or other.  At least Nate manages to keep his nose clean.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2012, 10:27:24 PM »

"1"
WHAT A WASTE OF PERFECTLY GOOD CANNABIS!
V

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2012, 04:13:08 AM »
If you're mentally unstable using wee-d is not a great idea.