Author Topic: Body hair removal  (Read 6545 times)

anthony57

• Getbig I
Body hair removal
« on: February 14, 2012, 01:22:48 PM »
Whats the best way to get rid of body hair and how long will it be before it starts to grow back? ???

Morsprincipium

• Getbig II
Re: Body hair removal
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 10:20:14 AM »
Shaving is the easiest way to do it IMO, least painful.  Takes a while depending on how hairy you are and how well your reach is.  I get waxed before comps, if I could afford it I would get laser hair removal and never have to worry about it again.  Nair is another thing alot of guys like, but it just left patches for me and smells like shit.

Shaving takes a few days to grow back, after waxing it takes around 2 weeks

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 01:42:09 PM »
Skin sensitivity is a big factor. Seems like a lot of fair-skinned people are more susceptible to irritation, be it from razor bumps or depilatories. Then again, the redness from those methods is usually more noticeable on light skin, too.

If going the chemical route, try small areas. Certain parts of your skin can be more vulnerable than others, and just because the cream doesn’t bother one section doesn’t mean you’ll have the same luck everywhere.

Shaving with a razor may be the most popular method, although it can be a pain if you’ve got a lot of moles, skin tags, or are susceptible to razor bumps/burn. Learning good shaving “technique” is also a good idea. There are many good suggestions for blade selection, prepping the skin, the actual shaving, and post-shave applications.

There are some decent hard-waxes for sale in pharmacies and online. Read some product instructions, tips, and reviews if interested. You may consider getting a professional job done once every couple of months. It can make other “maintenance removals” a bit easier as the hair often grows back finer for a time.

If all else fails, you can always use electric clippers. I believe I recently saw in the store one designed specifically for male body grooming. The disadvantage is the trimming is not as close to the skin as the other methods. The best you may get down to is 1-2 day old stubble, but that’s a rather negligible amount.

For back hair, they make/used to make a device resembling a backscratcher that holds a disposable razor in the end. It’s called Razorba. I don’t know if it’s still around or how well it works. Someone also made a similar shaped device with an electric clipper head. I actually bought one, but it didn‘t work properly, so back to the store it went.

GBLurker

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 12:42:53 PM »
For back hair waxing is probably your best bet as it wont grown as fast as shaving or trimming. But if your looking for a permanent solution there is always laser hair removal. It's costly but i hear it works

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 06:38:11 AM »
2 bottles of *NAIR
Apply
wait 20 minutes
shower
done

danabol

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 11:25:57 AM »
2 bottles of *NAIR
Apply
wait 20 minutes
shower
done

X 2 i use this ..brillant stuff

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 12:41:52 PM »
Is lazer hair removal permanent? I hear conflicting stories and I'm tired of shaving every morning

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 12:42:31 PM »
Is lazer hair removal permanent? I hear conflicting stories and I'm tired of shaving every morning

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 01:06:39 PM »
Skin sensitivity is a big factor. Seems like a lot of fair-skinned people are more susceptible to irritation, be it from razor bumps or depilatories. Then again, the redness from those methods is usually more noticeable on light skin, too.

If going the chemical route, try small areas. Certain parts of your skin can be more vulnerable than others, and just because the cream doesn’t bother one section doesn’t mean you’ll have the same luck everywhere.

Shaving with a razor may be the most popular method, although it can be a pain if you’ve got a lot of moles, skin tags, or are susceptible to razor bumps/burn. Learning good shaving “technique” is also a good idea. There are many good suggestions for blade selection, prepping the skin, the actual shaving, and post-shave applications.

There are some decent hard-waxes for sale in pharmacies and online. Read some product instructions, tips, and reviews if interested. You may consider getting a professional job done once every couple of months. It can make other “maintenance removals” a bit easier as the hair often grows back finer for a time.

If all else fails, you can always use electric clippers. I believe I recently saw in the store one designed specifically for male body grooming. The disadvantage is the trimming is not as close to the skin as the other methods. The best you may get down to is 1-2 day old stubble, but that’s a rather negligible amount.

For back hair, they make/used to make a device resembling a backscratcher that holds a disposable razor in the end. It’s called Razorba. I don’t know if it’s still around or how well it works. Someone also made a similar shaped device with an electric clipper head. I actually bought one, but it didn‘t work properly, so back to the store it went.

Interestingly, blacks can have very sensitive skin. Not only can they get sunburned, many are subject to serious razor burn. I have olive toned skin which seems pretty tough and not sensitive at all.

I have an battery powered shaver designed for shaving a person's back. Much like the one you describe, it has an extendable handle which allows one to reach the entire back. At least in my case, the back hair is thin and grows back in rather slowly. Even when I am going with the hairy-bear look, I keep my back trimmed with this shaver. I think back hair looks nasty. Although sparse, my back hair gets ridiculously long if I let it go.

I've tried Nair with little success. Like the other fellow mentioned, it smells bad and doesn't do a very thorough job.

usmcdevildoc

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 08:25:39 PM »
Yea for hair removal on your privates, apply NAIR liberally, wait 15-20 minutes and then wash off!!  Get back to me on this!!

pkaz

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 09:21:33 PM »
The best way is a blow torch. Hi flame and run it across your body where you want to remove the hair. Do not leave it in one place for long! 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 10:39:54 PM »
Have surgery and the doctor or nurse shaves it off for you.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2012, 03:41:58 AM »
I recently came across this: http://www.backspa.com/

It looks and sounds interesting, but I don't know anyone who's actually tried it.
The replacement blades are quite pricey.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2012, 03:48:02 AM »

Yes it's permanet although hair grows in stages so some can grow back.  I recommend laser hair removal, one of the best things I have ever done.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2012, 03:51:36 AM »
Yes it's permanet although hair grows in stages so some can grow back.  I recommend laser hair removal, one of the best things I have ever done.

Why is it supposedly less effective on red-heads?
Or, do they not make that disclaimer anymore?

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 05:41:30 AM »

Why is it supposedly less effective on red-heads?
Or, do they not make that disclaimer anymore?
It doesn't work on red heads or blonds.  Something to do with the pigment in the hair...or lack of pigment I should say.

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2012, 02:24:31 PM »
I don't know,to me nare hurts and smells bad. I'd go with a Mac 3 razor and lots of shaving cream. Change the blade every time