Author Topic: Dave Mustaine pulling for Santorum.  (Read 2463 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Dave Mustaine pulling for Santorum.
« on: February 14, 2012, 07:38:29 PM »

2012-02-14

STORY BY ANNE ERICKSON
MEGADETH MAIN MAN IS PASSIONATE ABOUT POLITICS
Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine, apparently, is big into politics. When recently asked by Music Radar for his views on U.S. politics, Mustaine candidly stated that he hopes Rick Santorum takes over the White House after the 2012 election and gave his reasons.

“Looking at the Republican candidates, I’ve got to tell you, I was floored the other day to see that Mitt Romney’s five boys have a $100 million trust fund,” said the self-proclaimed Republican musician. “Where does a guy make that much money? So there [are] some questions there. And watching Newt Gingrich, I was pretty excited for a while, but now he’s just gone back to being that person that everybody said he was — that angry little man. I still like him, but I don’t think I’d vote for him.

“Ron Paul… you know, I heard somebody say he was like insecticide — 98 percent of it’s inert gases, but it’s the two percent that’s left that will kill you. What that means is that he’ll make total sense for a while, and then he’ll say something so way out that it negates everything else. I like the guy because he knows how to excite the youth of America and fill them in on some things. But when he says that we’re like the Taliban… I’m sorry, Congressman Paul, but I’m nothing like the Taliban.”

Then, Mustaine turned his attention towards Santorum, who he says has been flying under the radar until now. “Earlier in the election, I was completely oblivious as to who Rick Santorum was, but when the dude went home to be with his daughter when she was sick, that was very commendable,” he said. “Also, just watching how he hasn’t gotten into doing these horrible, horrible attack ads like Mitt Romney’s done against Newt Gingrich, and then the volume at which Newt has gone back at Romney… You know, I think Santorum has some presidential qualities, and I’m hoping that if it does come down to it, we’ll see a Republican in the White House… and that it’s Rick Santorum.”

Megadeth are currently out on their own 2012 Gignatour, along with Motorhead, Lacuna Coil and Volbeat. The tour wraps up Feb. 28 in Denver, Colo., and find a complete list of tour dates, here.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Dave Mustaine pulling for Santorum.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 07:39:50 PM »
See what i mean?  THIS Is an example of why RS will be a great canddiate.  All sorts of off the wall shit like this.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 07:44:57 PM »
See what i mean?  THIS Is an example of why RS will be a great canddiate.  All sorts of off the wall shit like this.

I saw Megadeth two weeks ago w Motörhead.   Show was ok, but not loud enough.  Fans were pissed off they did not crank it loud at MSG.   

But they played Holy Wars, Sweating Bullets, Peace Sells, Symphony, and Hangar 18 so I was happy.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 07:46:55 PM »
[edit]Politics
Over his career, Mustaine has made comments about politics in the US and internationally. In a confrontational 1988 interview with Sounds journalist Roy Wilkinson, Mustaine said, "If I were President of the United States, I'd build a great wall along the Mexican border and not let anybody in. ... The beauty is gone when you see Americans sleeping on sidewalks and it makes me sick to to think we have assh---s in this country letting f--king Mexicans in. Who needs this s--t?"[30]

In 1988, Mustaine caused a riot when Megadeth played a concert in Northern Ireland after he "unwittingly" expressed support for the Irish Republican Army (IRA) regarding the problems between Northern Ireland's Catholic and Protestant communities.[32][33] This incident occurred amid a period of turmoil in the province known as the Troubles.

In 1992 Mustaine covered the Democratic National Convention for MTV.[34] He went on to vote for President Bill Clinton.[35]
In 2004, Mustaine said he would vote for President Bush because John Kerry would "ruin our country."[36]

In 2011, he called President Obama "the most divisive president we've ever had. I've never, in my 50 years of being alive, listened to an American president try and turn one class of people against another class of people."[37]

In 2009, Mustaine discussed the influence Alex Jones' films and ideas have had him and his music.[38] Specifically, Mustaine said that he wrote the album Endgame based on Jones' Endgame film in order "to educate his fans and the general public about the conspiracy behind the march towards global government."[39]

[edit]Martial arts
Dave Mustaine holds black belts in taekwondo and karate. In 2007 he was made a Goodwill Ambassador of the World by the World Taekwondo Federation.[40]
[edit]Cameo appearances

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 08:02:44 PM »
if mustaine was 20, he'd like ron paul.  Young, dumb, full of cum, you know it all.

if mustaine was 30, he'd like obama.  Student loans and health coverage.

if mustaine was 40, he'd like romney... vote for tax breaks to manage nest egg.

Now that mustaine is 50, he likes the religious guy in the race, cause he's old and realizing morality like most do at that age.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 08:15:29 PM »
Wonder what Mustaine will think when Santorum targets violent music after or with video games lol...

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 08:52:19 PM »
Wonder what Mustaine will think when Santorum targets violent music after or with video games lol...

Mustaines is a great guitar player but his political knowledge is a big fat zero. Completly clueless.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 06:44:38 AM »
This song is obama and his drones to a tee.

and of course - one of their best ever. 

Purge_WTF

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 10:56:04 AM »

Mustaine is a Conservative metal musician (one of the best things to be, as one myself), but because he's been an "insider" for as long as he has, he probably doesn't subscribe to the idea that violent music/video games propogate violence.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 11:52:35 AM »
I saw Megadeth two weeks ago w Motörhead.   Show was ok, but not loud enough.  Fans were pissed off they did not crank it loud at MSG.   

Show with Motörhead and not loud enough? I guess you're referring to Megadeth only.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 11:54:55 AM »
Show with Motörhead and not loud enough? I guess you're referring to Megadeth only.

Not kidding.   It was in a side threater at MSG.   Not loud at all, especially compared to Slayer.   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 05:45:19 PM »
  Mustaine is a Conservative metal musician (one of the best things to be, as one myself), but because he's been an "insider" for as long as he has, he probably doesn't subscribe to the idea that violent music/video games propogate violence.
exactly...  Good music but I doubt he's put much time into looking at the candidates.