Author Topic: Raw - discussions  (Read 6768 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
Raw - discussions
« on: February 15, 2012, 08:22:17 AM »
SO lets have fun and analyze Raw this week. I refuse to watch it live and now that I have a DVR I watch the 2 hr show in about 30 minutes

High Point -

never realized how hot Eve was, was waiting for her shirt to slide down  ;D

Also like Takers video, be interesting to see what he looks like when all is said and done

Low Points
Debate - useless and unnecessary although I am liking R Truths character more and more every week.

HHH and HBK......HBK added nothing to this. HHH could have delivered he speech in half the time and cut right to Takers Promo

Zack Ryder - can they abuse him any more? They need to write him off and send him to acting school, facial expressions are terrible

Orton is out of Elimination Chamber - did Daniel Bryan really hit him that hard?

Side bar
Santino is in elimination Chamber? Cmon now
Broadus Clay - now you see him now you don't

littleguns

• Getbig V
Re: Raw - week of 2-13
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 01:19:51 PM »
I thought I read somewhere that Orton has a 20 yr contract or something....

Good point about the Orton/Show match, was the highlight of the night....

I still dont like him tho. I have to say besides the Rock he may be the best 2nd/3rd generation wrestler

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 01:59:33 PM »
Funny no one mentioned the 'you fucked up' chant Orton got....

The Eve thing...meh...cant stand it when she is there...both she AND Zack need to go to acting school.

I get my Raw done in about 30 mins too....long enough to be on the stairs...MAYBE it takes 40 - 50 mins...because I will watch some promos...have to say that I rarely watch a whole match. 

They are definitely stretching out the Cena thing too much...and the build up for Mania...again, stretching it out too much.  What, will they wait till the monday before Mania to have HHH say "You're on!!"?

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 02:57:45 PM »
They are giving Taker a more omnious feel so maybe he will attack Stephanie or do something to really send HHH over the edge.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 11:30:29 AM »
The guy keeps going on about how he's the last of his kind? What kind is that? If he's talking about his generation then wouldn't you consider Jericho, Foley, Kane, Big Show, Nash, and the Rock his kind as well?

He's only where he is because of his marital status.

I agree with you about the "last of his kind" mantra, and for exactly the same reason you dislike it: there is a plethora of other guys from that same generation there now!
So, excellent point.

But, we've been over the whole "he's only a star because of his marriage" thing. And, since you brought it up, I'll reiterate the point once again that Hunter received his push BEFORE sleeping with Steph. If anything, it was his relationship with Shawn Michaels that helped him in the days leading up to that.
Sure, he was punished for the MSG "curtain call" incident, but had he not been Shawn's Kilq buddy, the old man probably would have canned him completely.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 01:24:42 PM »
Wasn't that a drag what happened last night. I was so excited to see this especially with that promo they had last week with Taker cutting his hair. It's the Undertakers streak, The Cell is the Undertakers match, but the whole promo and match is putting HHH over. Hell in the Cell is one of my favorite matches but wouldn't go there for this match. How's Undertaker gonna do his Mania Suicide dive over the top? There has been so many Cell matches and this one isn't going to out do any of them. I can't see any reason to put these guys in the Cell. But since they are they should have flipped the story with Undertaker refusing to face HHH like he did against HBK. Then agreeing only if it's in the Cell and it's streak vs. career. It's a simple anlge and it would have worked perfect. None of this corperate HHH bad for buisiness BS loosing sight on the real historic importance of this match. What a bumber.

I'm not sure what kind of physical condition either man is currently in, but typically, cage matches are remarkably simple to pull off - which may have have been a factor in deciding to do the HITC gimmick.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 01:53:01 PM »
I learn so much from you guys and I thank you. Undertaker did seem like he was walking funny last night.

Did he have a hip surgery or something recently?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 05:39:57 PM »
Your my inside man here Mont. I just cook the food.  Everyone always says they'll never be another one of these or another one of those. History normally always repeats itself. I think its safe to say that no one will ever be 20-0 at WM every again. Congradulations to the Undertaker.  Although Timmy doesn't like the way this is shaping up. It's really a pretty awesome thing what the Dead Man has accomplished. I was a big goose bump when he walked to the ring last night.

I fully expect they'll gaff the shit out of the cage, ring, and whatever props are used.
They did that with Foley's big Cell match with Hunter. Certain panels of the cage were designed to tear, etc.

My memory isn't so great here, but that may also have been the match where Foley was hit with a baseball bat wrapped with real barbed wire, and they switched it for one with faux wire to be used on HHH. The problem was the one that had been used on Mick began to unravel and did not match the gaffed one under the announcer's table.
That's the kind of problem you can run into when rigging a gimmick match: corniness and cheese. ;D

littleguns

• Getbig V
Re: Raw - discussions
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 06:07:39 AM »
So I think the verbal confrontation between Taker and HHH went on way to long and Taker did seem a little off his game. Do we all think it is safe to say this will be Taker's last Mania? I think he is 47 and even after 1 yr off I am sure he is still battling injuries.

Eve - looked hot again this week.

Positive note - I am liking Daniel Bryan more and more, his snivily, weak antics are awesome.

Killings/Kofi - is this a perm new tag team due to lack of storylines for them? I am all for putting single guys together but do more of this. I know we will never truly see "Tag Teams" like Bulldogs, LOD, Demolition etc but lets re-energize the tag straps.

Cena - I am luke warmdon' love him or hate him but you gotta love his power to deflect the negativity towards him onto someone else I:E Eve.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 09:20:45 PM »
HHH/Taker Promo  Borrrrrrrrinnnnnnggggg  Cant say it enough.  I actually predicted it while watching it.  Serious....Taker says something, HHH walks away.....Taker says something mean....HHH comes back and does his growling talk with something like "You're on"....zzzzzzzz  They couldnt have made it more anticlimactic.

Cena  Ok, quick Kane done....perfect....lets focus on Rock   ::)  His whole promo at the end was sooooo opposite of someone you are suppose to be thinking is "embracing the hate".  The whole Eve thing is utterly stupid to me.  Again, fast forwarded the whole bela twin shit...in the ring shit where officials came out.  UGH

Daniel Bryan  I actually have to say that they are doing a good job with this.  I actually feel a little 'old school' kind of thing happening.  He is keeping the belt by underhanded means. 

Battle Royal  What a waste....until watching Wade Barrett.  Was SO OBVIOUS that he got fucked up.  Watch his mouth: "FUCK".  Then the referee doing the "x" as well.  I read he dislocated his elbow.  I was kind of liking his shit with orton (who I cant stand...I would rather watch a cardboard box in a ring than orton promo).  Now, what do they do with him?

Miz  Ummm.....can someone say 'fishing for ideas'???

GM  I was again reminded why I dont watch Smackdown....Teddy long and his 'playa' schtick.  UGH....gets old before he even opens his mouth.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 10:49:16 AM »
I also think Rock will not go full throttle and risk injury for upcoming movies.

Here is an idea, forget Long vs Lauranaitus, why not bring back some nostalgia and have Joe Lauranaitus/Animal fight his brother for control OR have Animal as a surprise entrant for Teddy's team?

Or a few different scenarios (sorry slow day at work)

Animal comes back as a surprise entrant for Teddy's team, turns on Teddy and the team giving Johnny the win. Johnny inturn makes Animal Asst GM of Smackdown. Now Teddy feuds with Animal setting up Tag matches for control of Smackdown ( 2 of Animal's choice vs 2 of Teddy's Choice) which in turn jumpstarts the Tag Division somewhat.

OR

Animal turns on Teddy's team and Animal still becomes Asst GM of SMackdown but eventually turns on his brother and now creates a brand vs brand kind of thing

Agree/disagree, I'm all about honesty

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 12:44:29 PM »
I also think Rock will not go full throttle and risk injury for upcoming movies.

Here is an idea, forget Long vs Lauranaitus, why not bring back some nostalgia and have Joe Lauranaitus/Animal fight his brother for control OR have Animal as a surprise entrant for Teddy's team?

Or a few different scenarios (sorry slow day at work)

Animal comes back as a surprise entrant for Teddy's team, turns on Teddy and the team giving Johnny the win. Johnny inturn makes Animal Asst GM of Smackdown. Now Teddy feuds with Animal setting up Tag matches for control of Smackdown ( 2 of Animal's choice vs 2 of Teddy's Choice) which in turn jumpstarts the Tag Division somewhat.

OR

Animal turns on Teddy's team and Animal still becomes Asst GM of SMackdown but eventually turns on his brother and now creates a brand vs brand kind of thing

Agree/disagree, I'm all about honesty

I think you've presented some good and interesting angles, except for the "brand vs. brand" thing. I never liked when they did that with RAW and Smackdown, and I wouldn't want to see anything analogous to it again.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 04:22:45 PM »
I think Eve, Kane, and Woo Woo Woo are gonna be included in this Cena/Rock fued.

Flair?

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 06:31:51 PM »
With Taker/HHH, I thought an interesting angle could have been that HHH turns down the match, but puts Taker in a WM match against someone else instead.  Taker then puts that guy out of action, and HHH has to choose someone else, and the same happens.  Eventually, HHH has no-one left to turn to, and has to take the match on himself, because now it's the only option left that's going to be 'good for business'.

??? 

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2012, 05:19:34 AM »
With Taker/HHH, I thought an interesting angle could have been that HHH turns down the match, but puts Taker in a WM match against someone else instead.  Taker then puts that guy out of action, and HHH has to choose someone else, and the same happens.  Eventually, HHH has no-one left to turn to, and has to take the match on himself, because now it's the only option left that's going to be 'good for business'.

??? 

I like that. Does anyone feel this will be Takers last match followed by a fairwell tour? Maybe not wrestling but more just in ring speeches.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 10:17:26 AM »
So I watched last nightsRw this morning in about 25 mins (DVR fast forward is a beautiful thing).

Bryan vs Punk was good but this should be a PPV match, not a TV show match (one of the problems of todays program)

Ladies get a 2 minute match, gotta feel bad for them. I know this was one of Gail Kim's gripes.

Sheamus brogue kicks Henry in a 1 minute match. Are they trying to bury Henry or really elevate Sheamus?

Kane annihilates both heels and faces....Purpose?

Rock vs Cena - can't tell how much is work vs shoot. Funny as I noticed words on Rock's wrist but when Cena called him out on this..Classic. Cena did turn the crowd on Rock for a hot second. Good for him

Again another sub par show.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 11:33:31 AM »
Sheamus brogue kicks Henry in a 1 minute match. Are they trying to bury Henry or really elevate Sheamus?

Kane annihilates both heels and faces....Purpose?

Isn't Henry supposed to be hanging it up soon?
If that's the case, they may use him as enhancement talent.

As for Kane, I think it's a safe assumption they're building him up for something big.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 11:48:29 AM »

As for Kane, I think it's a safe assumption they're building him up for something big.

Do elaborate my friend? IMO he did look a little bigger last night, not sure if he is on the creatine  ;D or maybe pumped up last night.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2012, 04:23:06 PM »
Thought it was a great show. Awesome Punk-Jericho promo and another awesome Punk-Bryan match. Rock's promo was awful IMO. He started off well, but then went on a trending spree again. That being said, I have never seen anyone in any form of entertainment control a crowd like he can. It's amazing.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 07:09:11 AM »
Decided to go to this last minute....I was up with God, the place was packed. Fun show. Santino won the US title and I'm not even joking, got one of the biggest pops I've ever heard. The last segment was weird. Cena came out to I'd say, 85% boos, but actually won the crowd over. Rock came out to the biggest pop of the night, but when he started to talk, the crowd kind of went towards Cena, so much so, that "Cena" and a loud "Tooth Fairy" chants broke out. It was actually split 50-50 for Rock-Cena by the end of the show. Rock was actually getting booed by the third history lesson segment, so if Vince really wants the crowd to be split, whatever they are doing is working.

After the show ended, Cena got on the mic and said that the last time he was here, he found out his brother had stage 3 brain cancer, but actually found out today(Monday) that the tumor has shrunk, and started to cry a bit. He got a big standing ovation, it was actually a pretty nice moment.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 07:21:17 AM »
Glad to see a push for Santino. I like his corni-ness

Rock's promos were long winded, not sure if he was coached to bore the crowd to help Cena out.

Kane vs Orton? I think this will be a good matchup but again not a fan of Orton.

Do we still feel it will be team Teddy vs team Laurinaitus at WM?

So how about this for a swerve? Ryder causes Cena to lose to Rock at WM and starts a feud between them both with Cena as the face and Ryder as the heel.

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 10:34:48 AM »
They need to get rid of that US title. Its a joke now. Its gone from Swagger who was on superstars for god knows how long before he won it to Santino who's been nothing but a comedy act for the past 5 years ( although he is very over ). And then they use the title change as a way to push this god awful feud  between long and johnny ace. Its a total joke.

Was surprised that Cena got the best of the Rock last night verbally. But I think it helped that he was in his hometown. Its kind of hard to have the crowd shit on you in your hometown.

The hbk/hhh segment was good.

The punk/sheamus vs jericho/danielson was good of course.

Sucks they didnt have anything for Orton other then Kane.

And the big show/rhodes feud kind of sucks. No one cares about it.

Zach Ryder is so over and he's being built up as a total bafoon and in a few months if they keep this up it's going to totally kill him. Oh well.

Good show overall. The interviews segments were good and makes me want to buy my first Wrestlemania since I was in high school.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 12:31:52 PM »
Ryder does nothing for me, bad actor and cant cut a promo.

Rock may be able to put people in the palm of his hands but Cena can verbally throw down without being scripted. I live in Ma and his line of...Tewksbury ( a town here in Ma) and Toothfairy was classic.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2012, 04:53:20 AM »
Ryder does nothing for me, bad actor and cant cut a promo.

Rock may be able to put people in the palm of his hands but Cena can verbally throw down without being scripted. I live in Ma and his line of...Tewksbury ( a town here in Ma) and Toothfairy was classic.

Especially the look he gave after the 'kiss'.....made me want to punch myself in the throat for not fast forwarding through ANY segment he is a part of.  Not one thing about his 'broskie' schtick ever got to me.

Again I ask...why make it a 50/50 split of two faces????  The Rocks promos were funny as fuck....but as mentioned, you could hear the boos.  It appears to go beyond the whole good guy/bad guy thing.  When something feels person, it has so much less entertainment.  One of the most striking 'personal' things I can recall (besides the TNA Angle and Jarrett thing) was Rick Flair and Eric Bischoff.  I was like...umm...I don't want to hear your dirty laundry, I want ENTERTAINMENT.

I managed to finish Raw again in less then 1hr.  Giving the title to Santino....ummm....whos going to battle him for the belt at WM...David Arquette???  Dennis Rodman???

Beyond that...if I had to recall anything else about Raw, I would say I can't.  

The whole HBK referee thing...UGH.  I have to say I don't care.  I just....dont...care.  Taker wins...who cares, he beat someone who he has beaten time after time.  HHH wins, it wont be a clean win...so the streak ended that way???  Bullshit. I really wish they had a great guy they could push throughout the year that would be over, get beat down, then catch his stride, then call out the 'Taker mid summer....build up to WM....the torch gets passed.

How come no one is making any comments how fast they dropped Kane/Cena???  Cena has his dick in almost every angle.....Kane/Cena, Cena/Ryder....Cena/Punk....Cena/Rock.

Lastly : Luke warm angle of the week : Punk - Jericho

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2012, 04:56:13 AM »
Quick....name the tag team champions....   ::)