Author Topic: nutrition @ off season  (Read 4177 times)

anacon

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
nutrition @ off season
« on: October 18, 2005, 04:50:05 PM »
what u guys prefer? increase ur muscle and ur bodyfat also, or
try gettin' only pure muscle, and then u'll need more time
write also if u're clean or not

wicknilly

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • built through sweat, but no tears
Re: nutrition @ off season
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 06:28:53 PM »
for the best gains you gotta put on some fat for maximum muscle

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 08:40:34 PM »
natural

made the best gains eating everything I could but keeping the cardio moderately high. I believe you get a better benefit from higher energy turnover, an upped metabolism, and the generally excessive calories.

I'm also an ecto-meso, so that wouldn't work for some one with a naturally slow metabolism

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 09:35:24 PM »
natural

made the best gains eating everything I could but keeping the cardio moderately high. I believe you get a better benefit from higher energy turnover, an upped metabolism, and the generally excessive calories.

I'm also an ecto-meso, so that wouldn't work for some one with a naturally slow metabolism
Your right, that doesn't work for everyone, especially me. If I eat everything and whatever I want I blow up and not in a good way. I put on fat really easy so I have to be careful with my diet.  On the Plus side I find putting on muscle relativaly easy as well, but doing it in the cleanest manner posible, i.e. not putting on too much fat takes some planning on my part. I have found that what works best for me is to eat the same bulking or cutting.  The only major diferance is the ammount of food.  I have found that while i do need a lot more calories while bulking to make any progress, if I keep them as clean as I do when dieting the fat will not accumulate as much.

RustySteel

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 04:00:42 PM »
Absolutely.....off season doesn't mean eat crap.....crap = excess fat.  If you increase calories and eat on an excess to gain your gonna put on a little but that extra layer of tissue actually helps support and protect the joints when training heavy for growth (deads, squats, etc.)  Powerlifters are rely on the extra little bit (or a lot in some cases).  The cleaner you eat, the easier it will be on the back end when you start dieting.  But at the end of the day....you have to find what works for you...advise from someone else is good, but it's what works for that individual.  Not you....you have to find that.  Cell Basics

anacon

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 06:35:42 PM »
ok i see guys
thanks