Author Topic: Dorian Yates vs. Ronnie Coleman - who was better?  (Read 20748 times)

johnny1

• Getbig IV
Look at this comparison from 1993 Dorian vs 2003 Ronnie. Ronnie is much larger, easily so. I would wager the weight difference is 25-30 pounds. His lower back, glutes and hams are also more striated. Upper back is a toss up. As I say, opinions are opinions.
Again size isnt what IMO would decide the winner between these too, The All round Basic Skeletal structure, BALANCE of the ENTIRE Physique and CONDITION  on the actual DAY would be the Main factors then the other Criteria would (or SHOULD) apply not who has the biggest arms, chest or calves or who weighed 300lbs with Striated Glutes , both had Strengths and certain "Weakness" IMO Yates was More Consistent @ coming in Conditioned time and time again while Coleman @ coming in BIGGER and Bigger you do the math Size vs Condition @ the end of the day COULD be the Result in a close contest, not who had the "Biggest" Arms or Calves.

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

TRUTH

Lol...you both are delusional. Ronnie kills him. Look at the muscle bellies and the arms. No contest. Not to mention the glutes and hamstrings. Dorian was harder though, but Dorian cannot match Ronnie's muscularity.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
Ronnie's bloofiness is second to none.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Lol...you both are delusional. Ronnie kills him. Look at the muscle bellies and the arms. No contest. Not to mention the glutes and hamstrings. Dorian was harder though, but Dorian cannot match Ronnie's muscularity.
Sorry. Dorian kills Ronnie. You are delusional. Dorian is harder, equal sized or bigger (except 2003), and is more complete with equal or better conditioning. Ronnie held more water though, but Ronnie cannot match Dorians completeness, conditioning, balance and propotion and structure.

Cause' I said so bitch.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
ronnie's lower back was not more striated but it was 2x thicker:

dorian just can't match ronnie's back thickness.

never could, even at the same bodyweights.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
Dorian was a much better bodybuilder and here's why...

-  better routine overall.
-  better poser overall.
-  better transitioning.  included with posing/routine, he transitioned through all the poses very well.
-  yates had the complete package.  ronnie coleman was missing calves.
-  yates had 1 bad showing during his reign.  ronnie went down hill after 2001.
-  ronnie coleman was not in control his gut in later years.  although fine in a relaxed position, no control when transitioning through poses or doing quarter turns.
-  dorian was thicker and drier than ronnie coleman.  dorian's conditioning is unmatched by coleman.  there are many sharpened pictures of both ronnie and coleman.  also many low quality pictures.  find the quality pictures and dorian blows ronnie away every time.
-  ronnie peaked early.  1998 was his best showing, followed by 1999, and then 2001.  2003 was big, but watery, and with a large gut.  dorian made HUGE improvements from 1991>1992>1993.  Then 1995>1996.  1997 was a huge but he injured his stomach and tricep which made him look bad in the front double bicep pose.

Unfortunately for Ronnie, Dorian is still winning today.  Dorian is off the drugs, but still large and training very hard.  This is his lifestyle.  Ronnie on the other hand is still injecting and is decomposing.  Ronnie is going around doing seminars showing off his large gut and trying to sell his horrible supplements.

Dorian "The GOAT" Yates

Pics or it didn't happen

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV

LOWER back thickness?

I can agree on that.  Ronnie's 600-800 lb. deadlifts vs. Dorian's 450ish, more stiff-legged type pulls make a world of difference.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
safe to say Dorian used more drugs than Ronnie? If there is such a thing :D I think so..
l

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
Dorian is such a great bodybuilder. He is an idol for gym rats around the world- and proof that you can get to freak size  regardless of  genetics if you push the envelope, for long enough. He ate like a bodybuilder too and really did the best with what he did.  He was also fortunate enough to have access to quality drugs from the very start- I remember someone saying he told them in an old interview he started taking large amounts of  GH from the beginning of his enhanced career- most gym rats play with anabolics for 5-10 years before even touching GH and wonder why they aren't Dorian's size, Dorian didn't fuck around. I mean people can't really be foolish enough to believe that he looks the way he does because of his genetics. How many steroid users used shitloads of  pharm grade GH from the minute they entered a gym? Sorry I refuse to believe  it's a coincidence that when a young guy gets "tight" with someone big in this industry they blow the fuck up overnight- see Kuclo as a kid guided by Trop. Steve didn't fuck around....full pedal on the gas for 8 years baby and just barely got his pro card.....8 years!
l

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
Dorian is such a great bodybuilder. He is an idol for gym rats around the world- and proof that you can get to freak size  regardless of  genetics if you push the envelope, for long enough. He ate like a bodybuilder too and really did the best with what he did.  He was also fortunate enough to have access to quality drugs from the very start- I remember someone saying he told them in an old interview he started taking large amounts of  GH from the beginning of his enhanced career- most gym rats play with anabolics for 5-10 years before even touching GH and wonder why they aren't Dorian's size, Dorian didn't fuck around. I mean people can't really be foolish enough to believe that he looks the way he does because of his genetics. How many steroid users used shitloads of  pharm grade GH from the minute they entered a gym? Sorry I refuse to believe  it's a coincidence that when a young guy gets "tight" with someone big in this industry they blow the fuck up overnight- see Kuclo as a kid guided by Trop. Steve didn't fuck around....full pedal on the gas for 8 years baby and just barely got his pro card.....8 years!

Good post.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
the ironic thing with dorian was that in the 1993 olympia coverage, Flex magazine painted the devil on the wall by stating: "training heavy all the time may predispose him for injury"

and guess what happened?

the following fall he tore his left arm and was never the same.

shame on you Flex LOL
Flower Boy Ran Away

johnny1

• Getbig IV

Get some god damn glasses Hulkster seriously, stop looking @ Screen-caps and murky blurred Gym screen-Caps of Coleman, we all know he had ONE OF the best backs ever, however your Blind Roderich on Coleman's back thickness over Yates is crazy, abit like me posting this SCREEN CAP of Yates EVERY-CHANCE i get to "prove" how much "better" Yates Back Conditioning was than Coleman's, fact was and is Both Had Backs from another Dimension 50-50 ether way.

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Sorry. Dorian kills Ronnie. You are delusional. Dorian is harder, equal sized or bigger (except 2003), and is more complete with equal or better conditioning. Ronnie held more water though, but Ronnie cannot match Dorians completeness, conditioning, balance and propotion and structure.

Cause' I said so bitch.

Bitch you are. You are kind of a schmoe. Lol...you are deluded.

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
  • Women fall all over me and Pumpster is FUGLY.
OK, I get it now. It's the love handles on Ronnie Coleman that makes so many guys on here say he is the best bodybuilder ever without giving a reason. They just ignore the comparisons and favour the love handles over everything else. The likes of Hulkster get seriously aroused by this type of picture of Moses ass.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Re: Dorian Yates Appreciation Thread
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2014, 06:05:01 PM »
Jew know he is the best

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2014, 06:13:26 PM »
Dorian for eternal reptilian overlord!!

Redux

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2014, 06:14:27 PM »
We need more men like Dorian in this world.

This is one white non-Jewish man's opinion. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2014, 06:16:18 PM »
I like Dorian because he speaks his mind and isn't afraid to say what he thinks.

For example, the time he said heavy sets are superior to light weight, high rep sets.  Took some guts to say that.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2014, 06:16:36 PM »
His ads for his products in the rags are pretty cool as far as his marketing skills go post-retirement. He has his old lady on the page next to his column in MD and he uses a pretty cool strategy for his fat-burner.

He say's something like "This stuff is strong and if you aren't used to stimulants don't buy this shit" and he's like " this is not one of those bullshit ads that's tries to get you to buy stuff by saying it's too strong, this shit is really strong and if you can't handle it, I don't want your business"

I wonder truly how that is working for him. Is his supplement company doing O.K or is it one of those things that is hanging by a thread? He was shrewd and very business-like on stage, one would assume he would do well in the supplement world also...(?)

I always think that Lee Labradas supplement company is probably just O.K, Ronnie Coleman really has to bust his ass with his and Shawn Ray with his Oxygen shit is probably barely affording the ad space... who knows?

Dorian always looks like he's ready to take a nice long nap. He doesn't look like he ever gets overly excited about anything.

I own the original "Blood and Guts" on VHS (lol) so I guess I'm a fan, no?

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2014, 06:17:16 PM »

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2014, 06:22:11 PM »
One of my all-time favourite bodybuilders and ... he's just a relaxed and friendly man. All my interactions with him have been positive. He's very even-keeled and a typical stoic Englishman.

Hails to Dorian!

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2014, 06:32:11 PM »
It's funny watching him do interviews with Flex Wheeler and Shawn...

It's like if they weren't in the "promotional' phases in their lives, he would beat the shit outta both of them.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2014, 06:40:01 PM »
I bought a Temple Gym hoodie and t-shirt on his website today to support free speech.
Ironic he owns Temple Gym!

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2014, 06:53:41 PM »

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2014, 07:09:46 PM »
Ironic he owns Temple Gym!
*facepalm*