Author Topic: Team Romney going down hard in Arizona over gay scandal - YUCK!!!!  (Read 528 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Romney Campaigner in Arizona Resigns After Accusation (Homosexual scandal within Team Romney)
NY Times ^ | 2/18/12 | ASHLEY PARKER

Paul Babeu, an up-and-coming member of the Republican Party, stepped down from his role as a co-chairman of Mitt Romney’s Arizona campaign on Saturday, in the wake of allegations that he threatened to deport a Mexican ex-boyfriend when the man refused to keep quiet about their years-long relationship.

(Excerpt) Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes. com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Team Romney going down hard in Arizona - YUCK!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 03:47:16 PM »
More details here. Mitt Romney and the GOP-e really know how to pick ‘em.

Paul Babeu’s Mexican Ex-Lover Says Sheriff’s Attorney Threatened Him With Deportation

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2012-02-16/news/paul-babeu-s-mexican-ex-lover-says-sheriff-s-attorney-threatened-him-with-deportation

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: Team Romney going down hard in Arizona over gay scandal - YUCK!!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 04:26:35 PM »
Romney Campaigner in Arizona Resigns After Accusation (Homosexual scandal within Team Romney)
NY Times ^ | 2/18/12 | ASHLEY PARKER

Paul Babeu, an up-and-coming member of the Republican Party, stepped down from his role as a co-chairman of Mitt Romney’s Arizona campaign on Saturday, in the wake of allegations that he threatened to deport a Mexican ex-boyfriend when the man refused to keep quiet about their years-long relationship.

(Excerpt) Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes. com ...

Won't affect Romney at all.  He was elected sheriff because he spent over 20 years in the military defending this country in Iraq and other shitholes in the world along with his values.  He was asked by Arpaio to clean out his Dept of corruption a few years ago He was pretty much already out from the closet for many years and now its being used for cheap political fodder.

Its pretty sad how desperate some people are to win the nomination.  This guy has a great track record of doing his job and now he has to put up with this.  Either Gingrich or Santorum were the ones that pulled this stunt
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 04:40:38 PM »
The problem is apparently he threatened the guy w deportation if he went public w the affair.   Plus, he is running for congress. 

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 04:56:59 PM »
The problem is apparently he threatened the guy w deportation if he went public w the affair.   Plus, he is running for congress. 

Its just the scorn of an ex-boyfriend and I don't find it credible.  In addition, with the amount of pictures out there along with dating numerous people over the years, it doesn't appear that he was hiding his sexuality or he would have done a lot better job than that....especially in a small county that he resides in.

Like I said before...ever Newt or Santorum was behind it...my guess is Newt Gingrich.  Politics at its worse
A

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 07:30:13 PM »
Arizona Sheriff Is Accused Of Threatening Ex-Boyfriend
By ASHLEY PARKER

Sheriff Paul Babeu of Pinal County, Ariz., stepped down as a co-chairman of Mitt Romney’s campaign in the state on Saturday after a newspaper published accusations that he threatened to deport a former boyfriend, who was from Mexico, when the man refused to keep quiet about their relationship.

Mr. Babeu made national headlines for his tough stance on illegal immigration. He endorsed Mr. Romney in October and is running for Congress in Arizona’s Fourth District.

The news of Mr. Babeu’s decision to step down from the Romney campaign was first reported by The Arizona Republic.

On Thursday, The Phoenix New Times reported the allegations of a 34-year-old Mexican man whom they identified only as “Jose.” He said that when he refused to sign an agreement that he would never mention his relationship with Mr. Babeu, which he said lasted for years, the sheriff and his lawyer tried to intimidate him with threats of deportation.

In a press conference on Saturday, Mr. Babeu said that he had had a personal relationship with Jose, but denied that he had threatened to deport him. The accusations, he said, “are absolutely, completely false — except for the issues that refer to me as being gay. Because that’s the truth. I am gay.”

Even though Mr. Babeu was a minor figure in the Romney campaign, the accusations came at a less than ideal time. With Arizona and Michigan holding primaries at the end of the month, Mr. Romney is struggling to shore up social conservatives’ support and to fend off Rick Santorum, who is surging after winning contests in Colorado, Missouri and Minnesota.

“Sheriff Babeu has stepped down from his volunteer position with the campaign so he can focus on the allegations against him,” Andrea Saul, a campaign spokeswoman, said in an e-mail statement. “We support his decision.”

The press conference that Mr. Babeu held on Saturday largely turned into a call to look beyond his sexual orientation.

He defined himself as an American, and appealed for voters and the public to view him through the lens of his military service and time in law enforcement.

“I want to be judged on my service: 20 years in the military, two deployments — including one in Iraq — a police officer who has responded to thousands of calls for help, and a sheriff who has cut response times while reducing my own budget,” he said in a statement.

Jose also told The Phoenix New Times that Mr. Babeu e-mailed explicit photographs of himself to an anonymous man whom he met on a Web site called Adam4Adam.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 09:20:16 PM »
I wonder if Santorum will use this in the debates?  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 05:11:51 AM »
should affect romney.  guy is a jerk, people are jerks.  doesnt reflect on romney unless he's involved, which he's not. 

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 07:35:17 AM »
Can you imagine domestic life with these two?

"Do the laundry or I'll deport you."
"Make my dinner or I'll have you deported"
"Suck my dick or I'll have you deported."

:D