Author Topic: New must see Dorian Yates DVD coming soon  (Read 11770 times)

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
  • Women fall all over me and Pumpster is FUGLY.
New must see Dorian Yates DVD coming soon
« on: February 18, 2012, 04:10:15 PM »
It looks good from the preview and check out the rare unseen photos of the Shadow in his early days.

Shadow Warrior: The Dorian Yates Story (trailer)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: New must see DVD coming soon
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 04:21:45 PM »
Some cool shots

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
Re: New must see Dorian Yates DVD coming soon
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 04:24:14 PM »
 :D

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 04:29:49 PM »

If you have all the rare pics from the DVD trailer please post the lot if you can.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 04:31:28 PM »
If you have all the rare pics from the DVD trailer please post the lot if you can.

:)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 04:32:43 PM »
 :o

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 04:34:17 PM »
 :)

T-rex

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 04:35:39 PM »
Sad thing is he prob could of beat modern day Branch in his early days. Bodybuilding=degenerating at a geometric rate

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 04:47:08 PM »
The video of Dorian from his '93 photo shoot is incredible footage.  He was so far ahead of his time, we probably won't see anyone comparable in our lifetimes. 

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 05:40:16 PM »
Thanks for that, looks too be quiet Interesting, Yates was (and appears) he still is very down too earth and has a take it or leave it no- thrills approach to things in General, that was the impression i got in 95 @ one of his seminars, when you asked him a Question he was Quiet and Humble looked @ you Directly and answered you Clearly, he was very approachable and went OUT of his way to mingle, shake hands, get pictures Taken with more or less Everyone there (FOR FREE)....you wouldn't of thought he was the Best BBer in the world @ the time in that he didnt act like he was "Bigger" or "better" than anyone around him he just was comfortable being there.

Ronnie use to come to Sydney on a somewhat regular bais when he was Still the best usually he would put on a Exhibition etc just a week or 2 after another Olympia win @ the Revesby workers club here in Sydney, i missed him in 04 0r 05 when he was here (Literally car breaking down on the way to the club...lol)...but caught him coming out of Reliys Gym here in Seven-hills in 05-06 where he had mingled with the gym members etc for pictures etc, he had on a "animal" top, his Traps and Arms where ultra MASSIVE especially those arms although he seemed somewhat shorter than the 5ft 10-11 hes been cited @ although he was in Sandals/thongs @ the time, and from what some of the other gyms blokes where saying he was Humble, polite, and joked around with everyone again like Yates before him he posed FREE for photo's in the gym that day etc

No mater all the Debates and crap etc that have been said about the 2, its clear the 2 of them were alot a like in that they were Approachable, humble Guys happy to sign, Discuss, take pics etc without ASKING for $$ in advance and were happy too do it.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 06:06:09 PM »
The video of Dorian from his '93 photo shoot is incredible footage.  He was so far ahead of his time, we probably won't see anyone comparable in our lifetimes. 

THIS
I remember watching it for the first time, absolutely amazing condition and size.

Game Time

• Getbig III
  • Go out fatboy
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 06:42:02 PM »
I am just not impressed by Dorian

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 06:54:49 PM »
It looks good from the preview and check out the rare unseen photos of the Shadow in his early days.

Shadow Warrior: The Dorian Yates Story (trailer)

I see a lot of previously-released footage in that trailer.
I suppose the selling points are the interviews, additional footage, and that the older clips may be more complete and are all together.

Aussie Duffman

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2012, 07:31:14 PM »
i cant wait ,,,,,

do you notice the condidion in early years more test use ,not the grain look he is known for
Herpes

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2012, 07:42:49 PM »
Thanks for that, looks too be quiet Interesting, Yates was (and appears) he still is very down too earth and has a take it or leave it no- thrills approach to things in General, that was the impression i got in 95 @ one of his seminars, when you asked him a Question he was Quiet and Humble looked @ you Directly and answered you Clearly, he was very approachable and went OUT of his way to mingle, shake hands, get pictures Taken with more or less Everyone there (FOR FREE)....you wouldn't of thought he was the Best BBer in the world @ the time in that he didnt act like he was "Bigger" or "better" than anyone around him he just was comfortable being there.

Ronnie use to come to Sydney on a somewhat regular bais when he was Still the best usually he would put on a Exhibition etc just a week or 2 after another Olympia win @ the Revesby workers club here in Sydney, i missed him in 04 0r 05 when he was here (Literally car breaking down on the way to the club...lol)...but caught him coming out of Reliys Gym here in Seven-hills in 05-06 where he had mingled with the gym members etc for pictures etc, he had on a "animal" top, his Traps and Arms where ultra MASSIVE especially those arms although he seemed somewhat shorter than the 5ft 10-11 hes been cited @ although he was in Sandals/thongs @ the time, and from what some of the other gyms blokes where saying he was Humble, polite, and joked around with everyone again like Yates before him he posed FREE for photo's in the gym that day etc

No mater all the Debates and crap etc that have been said about the 2, its clear the 2 of them were alot a like in that they were Approachable, humble Guys happy to sign, Discuss, take pics etc without ASKING for $$ in advance and were happy too do it.
all this x2 plus ronnie was better

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2012, 07:44:37 PM »
can't wait for the torrent

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, 04:44:21 AM »
The first pics are from 1984,his first show Mr Birmingham,the ones where he has dyed blonde hair is from the 86 British champs,the guy next to him is Richard Farmer,the previous years winner.Keep in mind the first pics were after only 2 years training.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2012, 05:22:44 AM »
I am just not impressed by Dorian

Then you sir, are a tit.

io856

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2012, 07:39:03 AM »
When is this one coming out?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 07:47:42 AM »
i cant wait ,,,,,

do you notice the condidion in early years more test use ,not the grain look he is known for
amazing when they find combo's that change there whole look from big ,smoothish to freak and he had right info and hookup and ran with it.still looked look up and coming less chiseled as he was known for.

yates fan

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2012, 08:16:17 AM »
this is awesome,when does it come out?

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2012, 11:14:56 AM »
I know Dorian and consider him to be a friendly and likeable fella. This DVD looks pretty cool.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2012, 11:22:38 AM »
any brits remember a now defunct cable channel called 'live tv' ?  i remember an interview yates did on that channel. it was done in the middle of a shopping centre in brum i think. he was sat next to his then wife. she was tiny, he was monumentally huge. came across as a right charmless kunt. 

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2012, 11:27:54 AM »
any brits remember a now defunct cable channel called 'live tv' ?  i remember an interview yates did on that channel. it was done in the middle of a shopping centre in brum i think. he was sat next to his then wife. she was tiny, he was monumentally huge. came across as a right charmless kunt. 

His ex is extremely friendly. Met her when her and Dorian were in NYC in '98 attending the Olympia. She struck me as being a sweetie and warm. Too bad their marriage tanked.