Author Topic: powerlifters are just fat bodybuilders  (Read 12604 times)

jakesonyou

• Getbig III
powerlifters are just fat bodybuilders
« on: February 18, 2012, 07:28:41 PM »
I can't say that I am really impressed with powerlifters or powerlifting in general.  it's usually just some extremely fat guy doing 1 rep with poor ROM.

powerlifters also use straps, suits, and a belt.  all these together can add up to 200lbs on your lift.  I am not impressed by someone using all these handicaps.

I am impressed with people who call themselves powerlifters and bench something like 600lbs with good ROM and no suit and many reps.  now that is impressive.  1 rep 900lb squat in a full suit is not impressive sorry.

there are many strong bodybuilders like Dorian, Ronnie, John Jackson, etc so can lift very heavy amounts of weight at LOW body fat.  This is MUCH more impressive.  Being fat gives you a lot more strength - to a point, stabilization, and less ROM.  powerlifters just stuff their face and get extremely obese to lift 1 rep.  very silly in my opinion, but to each their own.

powerlifters are just obese bodybuilders who would never go pro.  they don't know to train properly and they have poor genetics.  even if they dieted down they would not be a mr olympia top 10 physique.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
Re: powerlifters are just fat bodybuilders
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 08:03:00 PM »

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 08:04:15 PM »

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 08:07:23 PM »

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 08:10:26 PM »

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 08:11:19 PM »
I can't say that I am really impressed with powerlifters or powerlifting in general.  it's usually just some extremely fat guy doing 1 rep with poor ROM.

powerlifters also use straps, suits, and a belt.  all these together can add up to 200lbs on your lift.  I am not impressed by someone using all these handicaps.

I am impressed with people who call themselves powerlifters and bench something like 600lbs with good ROM and no suit and many reps.  now that is impressive.  1 rep 900lb squat in a full suit is not impressive sorry.

there are many strong bodybuilders like Dorian, Ronnie, John Jackson, etc so can lift very heavy amounts of weight at LOW body fat.  This is MUCH more impressive.  Being fat gives you a lot more strength - to a point, stabilization, and less ROM.  powerlifters just stuff their face and get extremely obese to lift 1 rep.  very silly in my opinion, but to each their own.

powerlifters are just obese bodybuilders who would never go pro.  they don't know to train properly and they have poor genetics.  even if they dieted down they would not be a mr olympia top 10 physique.
but in all seriousness bro powerlifting isnt a pageant so what do you expect

Polish Power

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 08:14:06 PM »
Take your precious bodybuilders and put them up against the wsm competitors and see how they do.
Ready, Set, Terrible!

I can't say that I am really impressed with powerlifters or powerlifting in general.  it's usually just some extremely fat guy doing 1 rep with poor ROM.

powerlifters also use straps, suits, and a belt.  all these together can add up to 200lbs on your lift.  I am not impressed by someone using all these handicaps.

I am impressed with people who call themselves powerlifters and bench something like 600lbs with good ROM and no suit and many reps.  now that is impressive.  1 rep 900lb squat in a full suit is not impressive sorry.

there are many strong bodybuilders like Dorian, Ronnie, John Jackson, etc so can lift very heavy amounts of weight at LOW body fat.  This is MUCH more impressive.  Being fat gives you a lot more strength - to a point, stabilization, and less ROM.  powerlifters just stuff their face and get extremely obese to lift 1 rep.  very silly in my opinion, but to each their own.

powerlifters are just obese bodybuilders who would never go pro.  they don't know to train properly and they have poor genetics.  even if they dieted down they would not be a mr olympia top 10 physique.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 08:15:42 PM »
Take your precious bodybuilders and put them up against the wsm competitors and see how they do.
Ready, Set, Terrible!

Franco and Lou were exceptional

Polish Power

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 08:22:17 PM »
Don't forget Gary Taylor and
Manfred Hoeberl
Franco and Lou were exceptional

EatYouForBreakfast

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 09:20:54 PM »

go lift a fuckin weight instead of watching videos of who is more impressive. my great grandmother is probably more impressive than you.

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 11:32:43 PM »
I have competed in both and will say they are both challenging, but in very different ways. 

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2012, 01:36:18 AM »
the wide stance half squat leaning forward def. stupid.
X

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2012, 01:49:21 AM »

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2012, 02:31:00 AM »
all deer meat and sweet potatoes
X

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2012, 03:20:31 AM »

you're a fucking retard

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2012, 07:44:52 AM »
the wide stance half squat leaning forward def. stupid.
yeah how are they ever going to target the glutes

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2012, 07:47:39 AM »
proper lifting gear can even add 300 pounds to both the squat and the bench

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, 07:50:04 AM »
bodybuilds,,,, fellas are fat on the inside.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2012, 07:52:16 AM »
Who you calling fat?  :P

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2012, 07:53:25 AM »
I can't say that I am really impressed with powerlifters or powerlifting in general.  it's usually just some extremely fat guy doing 1 rep with poor ROM.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2012, 07:53:52 AM »
1970`s powerlifting was the real deal.................... ..belt,chalk,knee wraps,wrist wraps at times......that`s it !

Below paralell squats,2 second pause benches with no excessive arching,and deadlifts.

No suits
No spotters touching the bar
No shallow squats
No excessive arching
No Monolifts
Legit pausing on benches
No excessive uneven extension on benches

And all powerlifters are not fat......they have weight classes where a guy weighing 114 can lift tons of weight in good form.......back in the day anyway.

Any questions,I can refer you to some great lifters in all weight classes that lifted raw.

They fucked up a great strength sport.  :(

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2012, 07:57:57 AM »

Polish Power

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2012, 08:18:12 AM »
So true Wes. I had a bench record broken because the year after they allowed bench shirts!

1970`s powerlifting was the real deal.................... ..belt,chalk,knee wraps,wrist wraps at times......that`s it !

Below paralell squats,2 second pause benches with no excessive arching,and deadlifts.

No suits
No spotters touching the bar
No shallow squats
No excessive arching
No Monolifts
Legit pausing on benches
No excessive uneven extension on benches

And all powerlifters are not fat......they have weight classes where a guy weighing 114 can lift tons of weight in good form.......back in the day anyway.

Any questions,I can refer you to some great lifters in all weight classes that lifted raw.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2012, 08:24:29 AM »

be honest did you ever follow the sport ::)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2012, 08:28:58 AM »
be honest did you ever follow the sport ::)
Yes,for many years and competed as a powerlifter myself in 5 contests,and also did odd lift contests...........proba bly 10 or more........also did over 60 bodybuilding contests.

Why would you ask that.....is it based on my post above?

If so,I`m not talking about the joke of a sport that passes for powerlifting these days,I`m talking about the real sport of powerlifting circa 1965 -1980 or so.

I`m not new to this,I`m true to this!  ;)