Author Topic: Obama Energy Sec.: "We have to raise gas prices to levels of Europe"  (Read 4428 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Obama Energy Sec.: "We have to raise gas prices to levels of Europe"
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 05:26:16 AM »
Obama’s Energy Sec. wants $7 to $9 Unleaded gas prices

Posted by Juggernaut (Diary)

Thursday, January 20th at 6:53PM EST

Mike gamecock DeVine (Diary), pilgrim (Diary)

The liberal media tried to bury this story as quick as Energy Sec. Chu suggested unleaded prices would solve our energy problems forcing people to buy alternative energy cars and sub compacts.  Well that dog don’t hunt, this is America, not Europe.  I think Obama ran for office in the wrong country because beyond food, wine, tourism and other Euro products the majority of us don’t envision Euro anything.  Especially $7 gas.  When unleaded hit $3 a gallon many people began to cut back on spending because they spent a fortune just to commute to work and travel daily.

Interviews with Chu help to explain why the Gulf is in slow motion while oil rigs corrode waiting on the multi-tasker in chief to grant permissions again.  Democrats want to punish American success with a forced move towards cars that aren’t deemed reliable as of yet.  While to early adopters and the wannabee seen types will buy electric cars now, they’ll soon find the costs are higher than just the cost of electricity.  Steven Chu thinks we can make this shift in 5 years while most Americans will wait and see.  Economies of Scale will reduce manufacturing costs as more people buy alternative energy cars but the fact remains, till such cars can travel 300 miles or more on a single charge and or companies produce larger vehicles, the majority will sit on the sidelines.  And of course the majority can’t afford to switch cars every year so expect 2 decades till we see a major decline in gas powered cars…………before then we’ll need more power plants but nuclear is out all thanks to enviro-fascism coming from the left.  Solar and wind will take time to develop and Chu wants us to pay more now.   Looks more like a get rich scheme wrapped around a specious plan to reward their own success with our money.   R&D takes time, throwing more money around won’t speed up inovation, especially when the money comes from the people via Obama policy.  And I thought Obama said “no new taxes” too?  Yes he did!

http://blog.heritage.org/2011/01/07/gas-prices-under-president-obama-in-pictures/

Fact: President Barack Obama’s Energy Secretary Steven Chu wants to “figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe.” At the time he made the statement, gas cost $7 – $8 a gallon in Europe.

Fact: Since taking office, President Obama’s entire energy agenda has made a gallon of gas more expensive:

•Immediately after taking office in 2009, Interior Secretary Ken Salazar, canceled 77 leases for oil and gas drilling in Utah.

•The EPA announced new rules mandating the use of 36 billion gallons worth of renewable fuels (like ethanol) by 2020.

All of these policies raise gas prices at the pump by either: 1) decreasing the availability of domestic energy supplies, or 2) increasing regulatory costs on gasoline production.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2008/12/obama-energy-pi.html

“Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe,” Steven Chu, the director of the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, told the Wall Street Journal in September.

Chu said he favors gradually ramping up gasoline taxes over 15 years to nudge consumers into buying cars that are more fuel efficient and homes which are closer to work. Chu spoke with The Wall Street Journal in September but the newspaper did not publish the gas tax comments until last seek, shortly after the Nobel-prize winning physicist had been identified as Obama’s nominee for Energy secretary.

The president-elect acknowledges that gas prices have come down since the summer when they reached $4 per gallon. He worries, however, that the overall economic downturn makes American families ill-equipped to shoulder higher prices.

“I can imagine in the hearings Chu facing problems because he dares say, ‘higher prices,’” said Schipper. “But I think there is no solution that does not involve higher prices.”

Schipper, who shared a lab at Berkeley with Chu from 1972-74, estimates that the average cost of gasoline in Europe at present is somewhere between $7-9 per gallon.

Schipper thinks Obama’s concerns about not placing additional burdens on America’s families can be addressed by agreeing to rebate all — or close to all — of the money raised by higher fuel taxes.

“The answer is: raise the price of gasoline and give all the money back,” said Schipper.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 05:28:44 AM »
LMFAO!!!!  Almost a year to the day.

FU man CHU!!!!!

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 05:29:26 AM »
OBAMA WANTS HIGH GAS PRICES. 

http://sec.online.wsj.com/article/SB122904040307499791.html

His energy secretary does, he does not.  From the article you posted:
But Mr. Obama has dismissed the idea of boosting the federal gasoline tax, a move energy experts say could be the single most effective step to promote alternative energies and temper demand. Mr. Obama said Sunday that a heightened gas tax would be a "mistake" because it would put "additional burdens on American families right now."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 05:37:59 AM »

FALSE: 

States his intent to skyrocket prices.

Says he preferred a GRADUAL ADJUSTMENT to higher prices.

Totally deflects the question and wants people out of their cars.  Makes case for his boondaggles.

Says he wants the govt to send "price signals" to customers by having higher prices. 

Want more? 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 05:55:53 AM »

don't argue with 333386 he believes in posting half truths,he gets all his shit from far right sites and post them as facts :o  nothing new

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 06:02:15 AM »
don't argue with 333386 he believes in posting half truths,he gets all his shit from far right sites and post them as facts :o  nothing new

I posted the youtube videos you stupid piece of shit. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 06:05:44 AM »
Hey moron - guess what - OBAMA WANTS PRICES HIGHER THAN IN EUROPE! 

This is his own fucking words! 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 06:10:42 AM »

But Mr. Obama has dismissed the idea of boosting the federal gasoline tax, a move energy experts say could be the single most effective step to promote alternative energies and temper demand. Mr. Obama said Sunday that a heightened gas tax would be a "mistake" because it would put "additional burdens on American families right now."

this is in the same article you posted,now you have to post more shit to refute the shit you originally posted, who does this but you  :D :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 06:14:09 AM »

this is in the same article you posted,now you have to post more shit to refute the shit you originally posted, who does this but you  :D :D

LOL - yet at the same time he was pushing Cap & Trade - which was going to SKYROCKET energy prices overall. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 06:14:48 AM »
Hey moron - guess what - OBAMA WANTS PRICES HIGHER THAN IN EUROPE! 

This is his own fucking words! 

It's pointless arguing with welfare leeches who are high school dropouts.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 06:18:06 AM »
It's pointless arguing with welfare leeches who are high school dropouts.

get off break and make my burger,boy.no wonder i've been in line for 5 minutes  :D :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 06:22:27 AM »
get off break and make my burger,boy.no wonder i've been in line for 5 minutes  :D :D

Please refute any of the videos i posted blackass.     

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 06:31:33 AM »

I can't help but laugh at you trying to insult someone when your post is structured like a 5-year-old wrote it.

Settling in for another 18 hour day on here?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 06:41:41 AM »
I can't help but laugh at you trying to insult someone when your post is structured like a 5-year-old wrote it.

Settling in for another 18 hour day on here?

now that burger king has wifi are you going to be on all day,i'm going to have to talk to your boss the quality of your service is starting to slip i had a pickle on my sandwich and i told you no fu#king pickles

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 06:43:37 AM »
now that burger king has wifi are you going to be on all day,i'm going to have to talk to your boss the quality of your service is starting to slip i had a pickle on my sandwich and i told you no fu#king pickles

Please refute any of the videos above. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 06:52:43 AM »

Blackass - he appointed   FU man CHU because of his desire to skyrocket energy prices you moron! 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 06:53:47 AM »
Please refute any of the videos above. 

Look at that post you quoted. I'd be surprised if this moron could velcro his sneakers in the morning, let alone refute anything. All he's good for is shitty Comedy Central clips no one watches and being one of the board's punching bags.

Incoming meltdown littered with grammatical errors.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, 06:54:33 AM »
i watched one,it had to do with mass transit,so your aganst mass transit ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2012, 06:57:08 AM »
i watched one,it had to do with mass transit,so your aganst mass transit ::)

What he is saying is that he likes high prices so that he can jam people into crowded cattle cars.

Hint hint - "high speed rail" is nothing more than more crony bs for his corrupt donors.   

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2012, 06:59:37 AM »
Look at that post you quoted. I'd be surprised if this moron could velcro his sneakers in the morning, let alone refute anything. All he's good for is shitty Comedy Central clips no one watches and being one of the board's punching bags.

Incoming meltdown littered with grammatical errors.

hahhaa the getbig tough guy still lives with his mommy,give your mother a break and stop leaching off her :D :D :D.twenty plus and still living at home :D :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2012, 07:01:29 AM »
hahhaa the getbig tough guy still lives with his mommy,give your mother a break and stop leaching off her :D :D :D.twenty plus and still living at home :D :D

As if being in a group home and tied down to a bed like you are is better?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2012, 07:03:56 AM »
Blacken, you settling in for another 18 hour day on here?  :D :D :D :D

Welfare leeches trying to talk shit, hahahaha.

He seems to revel in his entitlement dependence.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2012, 07:04:20 AM »

i can't be tied down if i'm typing  ;D

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2012, 07:11:40 AM »
Blacken, you settling in for another 18 hour day on here?  :D :D :D :D

Welfare leeches trying to talk shit, hahahaha.

He seems to revel in his entitlement dependence.

this coming from a guy that has 3 times the post i have,and spends twice as much time on here then i do, i guess it helps you have no girlfriend and live with your mother ;D