Author Topic: Life in prison Without parole. For lending his car to a friend.  (Read 11338 times)

Swede!

• Getbig IV
  • www.letskillsometime.com Direct link in signature
Life in prison Without parole. For lending his car to a friend.
« on: February 22, 2012, 06:26:31 AM »

...who killed someone. Even though he was Miles away. His crime is as serious as the fella that Killed the girl.
"no car no crime no murder" lol  ::)

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/04/us/04felony.html

Do the americans here agree with this?

"CRAWFORDVILLE, Fla. — Early in the morning of March 10, 2003, after a raucous party that lasted into the small hours, a groggy and hungover 20-year-old named Ryan Holle lent his Chevrolet Metro to a friend. That decision, prosecutors later said, was tantamount to murder.

The friend used the car to drive three men to the Pensacola home of a marijuana dealer, aiming to steal a safe. The burglary turned violent, and one of the men killed the dealer’s 18-year-old daughter by beating her head in with a shotgun he found in the home.

Mr. Holle was a mile and a half away, but that did not matter.

He was convicted of murder under a distinctively American legal doctrine that makes accomplices as liable as the actual killer for murders committed during felonies like burglaries, rapes and robberies. "

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Re: Life in prison Without parole. For leding his car to a friend.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 06:38:53 AM »
I dont agree with his sentence. Im sure his motive, when he lent his car to his friend, was not to have someone die. I think he knew that his car was going to used to transport the group of friends to the site that was robbed (drug dealer's house). But How could he know that a girl would be murdered there.

He does deserve time in prision.... But not life.

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 06:40:24 AM »
I dont agree with his sentence. Im sure his motive, when he lent his car to his friend, was not to have someone die. I think he knew that his car was going to used to transport the group of friends to the site that was robbed. But How coyld he know that a girl would be murdered.

He does deserve time in prision.... But not life.

seems like he kind of admitted that to the cops instead of keeping his mouth shut

reward = life in the slammah

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 06:44:26 AM »
Probably admitted to the cops he was aware the "friends" would rob the house after he gave them his car...  Which means he willingly participated in the disaster that followed. Dont be an immature childish moron, as if justice was going to sentence "an innocent man" for nothing. Especially in this day and age.
Arent prisons full of people who ended there "by mistake"  ::)

Edit:

Oh look, when you read the ENTIRE article you can find this;

Mr. Holle, who had given the police a series of statements in which he seemed to admit knowing about the burglary, was convicted of first-degree murder. He is serving a sentence of life without the possibility of parole at the Wakulla Correctional Institution here, 20 miles southwest of Tallahassee.

Looks like i was right!

Stupid m.o.ther.fu.ck.er. Why didnt you quote this part of the article?

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 06:46:27 AM »
Eh, if he knew it was gonna be used for a robbery, fuck him.

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 06:46:55 AM »
Probably admitted to the cops he was aware the "friends" would rob the house after he gave them his car...  Which means he willingly participated in the disaster that followed. Dont be an immature childish moron, as if justice was going to sentence "an innocent man" for nothing. Especially in this day and age.
Arent prisons full of people who ended there "by mistake"  ::)

I adressed this in the post above yours. ..stupid m0therfucker  ::)

Big difference in knowing about a possible robbery imo. And What actually happened. Should have gotten senmtenced for a robbery then and not murder.

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 06:48:22 AM »
Eh, if he knew it was gonna be used for a robbery, fuck him.

So fuck him as in fuck the rest of his life without Ever giving him another chance? not even parole?

Imo he should have gotten sentenced for "robbery" not murder.
Shouldn't have lend out his car in the first place but people deserves a second chance for some stuff. if he didnt give them the cvar they would probably just have gotten another car., so I doubt it would have prevented shit.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 06:52:07 AM »
So fuck him as in fuck the rest of his life without Ever giving him another chance? not even parole.

Shouldn't have lend out his car in the first place but misstakes happen.
you re unemployed, scared of real life, you think you re a thug pumping your little biceps staying in your flat behind a flat screen all year long, you re immature, ignorant, and spend your whole life browsing the web for news articles about life in the US, articles you dont even understand, you jump to stupid, immature conclusions 9 times out of 10 and make a fool of your childish self and view of the world.

You re anti american yet wishes you could live here instead of your shitty soon to be muslim country.

get a fucking life. Start with a job, and meditate on this you turd;

“The felony murder rule serves important interests,” said Mr. Rimmer, the prosecutor in the Holle case, “because it holds all persons responsible for the actions of each other if they are all participating in the same crime.”

“A person who has chosen to commit armed robbery, rape or kidnapping has chosen to do something with a strong possibility of causing the death of an innocent person,” Mr. Scheidegger said. “That choice makes it morally justified to convict the person of murder when that possibility happens.”

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 06:53:56 AM »
you re unemployed, immature, ignorant, and spend you re whole life browsing the web for news articles about life in the US, articles you dont even understand, you jump to stupid, immature conclusions 9 times out of 10.

You re anti american yet wishes you could live here instead of your shitty soon to be muslim country.

get a fucking life. Start with a job.

if you have a job and still spend 99% of your day on getbig posting negative pointless shit to Yourself sinceno one responds. That would be waaay worse you dummy lol. I guess you have tried to talk to what friends you once had before they ran away. And read the thread before you respond, at least the post above your own will you.. I guess that's asking too much

oh you relgious nut you with daddy issues lol

and reddit.com stupid. browsing looking for american articles haha

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 06:56:51 AM »
get a fucking life. Start with a job, and meditate on this you turd;

I know what it says... Did you not read the first question?!?  pay attention will you?

obviously you didn't so let me help you..

Im Asking if people Agree with it or not.

my opinion is he should have gotten sentenced for Robbery. Not matter what that stupid law says which has been removed in many countries. But I guess you know that.

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 06:58:00 AM »

Yeah, I agree, just don't have much sympathy either way.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 07:00:05 AM »
Why not? He knew they were going to rob the house. Should we feel sympathetic because a robbery didn't go as planned?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 07:00:20 AM »
If you are the driver of a get away car in an armed bank robbery and your partner shoots a teller. You are also guilty of murder. I don't know the details of this case. If he just lent the car not knowing they were going to commit a crime he is not guilty. If he knew it was an armed robbery, fuck him.

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 07:01:22 AM »
If you are the driver of a get away car in an armed bank robbery and your partner shoots a teller. You are also guilty of murder. I don't know the details of this case. If he just lent the car not knowing they were going to commit a crime he is not guilty. If he knew it was an armed robbery, fuck him.

big differnece in being There helping and being miles and miles away imo.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 07:02:21 AM »
I dont know the laws; but if he never set foot on the crime scene; how can he be charged for a murder that another person committed? I realize his car was at the crime scene; but he never set foot on the scene.

Like I said; I dont know the laws.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 07:05:25 AM »
big differnece in being There helping and being miles and miles away imo.

Big difference in lending your friend a car and lending your friend a getaway car knowing he's using it to commit armed robbery.  ::)

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 07:05:37 AM »
I dont know the laws; but if he never set foot on the crime scene; how can he be charged for a murder that another person committed? I realize his car was at the crime scene; but he never set foot on the scene.

well the law is contriversal and has been removed from different countries hence me asking if people agree with it or not (uberloser didn't obviously understand that since hes attention span is too low)

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 07:06:42 AM »
Big difference in lending your friend a car and lending your friend a getaway car knowing he's using it to commit armed robbery.  ::)

Did you not read his post? holy attention span its in the First sentence...

"If you are the driver of a get away car in an armed bank robbery"

impossible to have any sort of discussion when people don't even Read :/

TruthHurts

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, 07:10:06 AM »
Like the US Supreme court gives a shit what some acne-scarred, unemployed, lonely, socially-alienated Eurotrash midget thinks  ::)

Why don't stick to what you're good at like spent all day on the internets looking at dead bodies and jerking off in dad's basement.

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2012, 07:11:35 AM »
stalker two arrives just as I thought lol

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2012, 07:13:37 AM »
Did you not read his post? holy attention span its in the First sentence...

"If you are the driver of a get away car in an armed bank robbery"

impossible to have any sort of discussion when people don't even Read :/

You are a retard. I was responding to your post and, to top it off, he said he didn't know the law. So what exactly is the relevance of his post?

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2012, 07:15:27 AM »
He knew that his friends were going to rob those folks, which means under Florida law, he in turn was part of robbing gang even if he never got into the car with them. Under most states laws, any robbery that results in a death can be upgraded in sentencing/charge even if that death was unplanned. So they all get it.

I'm not very sympathetic, bunch of sleazy folks doing sleazy things. You lie down with dogs.......

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2012, 07:15:53 AM »
As someone who lives in the UK which has a completely pussified legal system, I fail to understand why there are so many people in America who are banged up for decades in prison when the punishments for breaking the laws are so harsh - you'd think these massive sentences (and death penalty) would be a deterrent and that per capita by default you wouldn't have as many people in prison?

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2012, 07:17:12 AM »

Many states have a "birds of feather law".  Basically, if your actions ultimately resulted in a crime, then the DA can pin it on you.  There was a similar case in OK:

http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-news-mother-shoots-home-invaders-story,0,4223636.story

This woman shot 2 home invaders, killing one and wounding the other.  The wounded man was arrested, and so was the driver (third man).  The two survivors are now being charged with murder.

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2012, 07:17:13 AM »
You are a retard. I was responding to your post and, to top it off, he said he didn't know the law. So what exactly is the relevance of his post?

Werll I was responding to His post as you could tell? so if you respond to that you have to take into considiration what I was responding to No?

Let me repeat myself then

To me there a  difference between Driving a Getaway car. (since you're basically at or close to where the crime is being committed and you play an Active role in helping peopel get away)

And lending out your car. (yes knowing a crime might be commited but not Murder, if he knew that I doubt he would have lend out his car)

If he would have Picked them Up and drove them Home after Knowing a Murder have been Commited. Then I could understand the sentence.

Do you understand me?