Author Topic: What makes you want to be natural?  (Read 34457 times)

JAM

• Getbig III
  • いちごいちえ
What makes you want to be natural?
« on: February 22, 2012, 12:39:26 PM »
So what makes you guys and gals want to stay natural? 

Is it due to the laws and your government made the choice for you?

Health reasons, like you don't want to use chemicals?

Some other moral issue like you just don't feel right? 

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: What makes you want to be natural?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 01:12:12 PM »
health reasons no,,just take care of diet and vitamins,cleanse and use right combo's and health wise using dosen't sway me,,,financial yes i have 2 children and even few hundred dollars to be somewhat better than i am right now dosen't add up,,,plus i enjoy training and it seem's some mindset here think drugs first then train ,diet,,weird.

JAM

• Getbig III
  • いちごいちえ
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 01:52:14 PM »
Yeah I know what you mean about mindset.  I think it is more like diet #1, training #2, and drugs #3 as a tool to help you go beyond your natural limits.  Be curious to see what others say about what makes them stay natty.  

For me it has mostly been legal because this creates two problems:

1.  If your caught it is a felony and time in prison.  Not worth it as a hobby (hey i'm no ifbb pro).
2.  Because it is illegal then you are not guaranteed that what you by is dosed correctly, is sterile, and is even what you think it is.

I also opt to be natural partially due to health reasons.  From everything I have read most AAS can alter your cholesterol HDL/LDL levels in a bad way.  Not something I want to mess with.  My family had a history of that sort of stuff so bad idea for me.  

I have learned a few compounds are not bad in regards to cholesterol, but maybe one day with a script, or if I live someplace where it is legal.  For now it is not worth it.

;)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 01:54:45 PM »
Yeah I know what you mean about mindset.  I think it is more like diet #1, training #2, and drugs #3 as a tool to help you go beyond your natural limits.  Be curious to see what others say about what makes them stay natty.  

For me it has mostly been legal because this creates two problems:

1.  If your caught it is a felony and time in prison.  Not worth it as a hobby (hey i'm no ifbb pro).
2.  Because it is illegal then you are not guaranteed that what you by is dosed correctly, is sterile, and is even what you think it is.

I also opt to be natural partially due to health reasons.  From everything I have read most AAS can alter your cholesterol HDL/LDL levels in a bad way.  Not something I want to mess with.  My family had a history of that sort of stuff so bad idea for me.  

I have learned a few compounds are not bad in regards to cholesterol, but maybe one day with a script, or if I live someplace where it is legal.  For now it is not worth it.

;)
good thinking ;D...

JAM

• Getbig III
  • いちごいちえ
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 11:57:58 AM »
I guess we were the only ones thinking about this.  LOL   :P

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 02:15:55 PM »
I've blasted a cycle or two in the past but it has never been worth it for me. I have little interest in being diesel and only train for health and fitness. Since I've turned 30 two years ago I've leaned down a lot from where I was and in my opinion look much better. Much smaller, but better. Lean and trim. Recently I've been on a major fat loss drive to get those lower abs out a bit better. It's tough as fuck and fat burners is only a phone call away. But in truth, I prefer it this way now.

JAM

• Getbig III
  • いちごいちえ
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 07:41:24 PM »
Cool, I never tried the fat burners.  I just do cardio.   8)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 07:46:06 PM »
Cool, I never tried the fat burners.  I just do cardio.   8)
cool ,,i never tried fat burners ,,,i don't do cardio ;D....

JAM

• Getbig III
  • いちごいちえ
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 08:53:50 PM »
Ha ha ha ha ...  :P I know lucky dog!  Us slower metabolism guys have to live on like twigs, berries, tree bark, and run 42 miles a day to stay a trim 220lbs.  LOL   ;D

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 09:21:52 PM »
The biggest reason would be to stay female.  I would never want nasty side effects. 

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2012, 03:36:25 AM »
Ha ha ha ha ...  :P I know lucky dog!  Us slower metabolism guys have to live on like twigs, berries, tree bark, and run 42 miles a day to stay a trim 220lbs.  LOL   ;D

220? I fucking wish. This morning I was just over 200. 202 I think. Just a year ago I was kicking around 250, juiced up though. Right now I'm happy with my overall muscularity but for my abs to look great, I'm looking at 190 and I'm 6'2.  :-[

Realistically, given enough time and work, I'm good for 210-215 with a very good level of muscularity (not ripped) and abs before hitting the cement ceiling.

Hard work being natural  :-\

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2012, 07:49:23 AM »
NATURAL or not,whatever tag u use main thing train,eat,diet,rest,follow some structure to training/diet,,get yourself in best shape as possible if ur natural and stay there ,if you plan to compete natural or drugged then play the bulk/cut thing but again don't get disgusting off kilt that u have to diet your ass off and lose what u think u gained musclewise.for me i got lean and stayed there and have enough thickness at over 40 to maintain,,,i do not advocate either way natural/drug could care less,i train and create a look/build i feel is for my ideal...

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2012, 08:00:02 AM »
I just want to stay Healthy  ;)

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2012, 08:04:50 AM »
I just want to stay Healthy  ;)
Yes good health is at the top of my list.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2012, 08:10:29 AM »
For one thing, I think I would become addicted to being so big, and get a little out of control.

Illegal, for another thing.

Sex might be the biggest reason. One time I saw a guy posting on GB that he couldn't get it up for a girl because of his steroids. Can you believe that? I mean, didn't he do steroids (at least partly) to pull more pussy in the end?

What in the hell was the point of doing anything that results in you not being able to get it up?
G

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2012, 10:14:47 PM »
Because I'm happy with looking like this fucker:

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2012, 07:28:37 AM »
For one thing, I think I would become addicted to being so big, and get a little out of control.

Illegal, for another thing.

Sex might be the biggest reason. One time I saw a guy posting on GB that he couldn't get it up for a girl because of his steroids. Can you believe that? I mean, didn't he do steroids (at least partly) to pull more pussy in the end?

What in the hell was the point of doing anything that results in you not being able to get it up?

It is actually very addictive. It's also very easy to lose track of what you look like in the mirror and just go by the scale. I very briefly, for a few hours touched 260. It was strangely awesome and while I wore the weight well enough, I was fat. Not fat as in a FatPanda lard ass, but carrying far more body fat than I was comfortable with. Also, it affected my sleep, breathing, body, etc. When I came off I dropped back to 225 and I hit the treadmill and diet. I dropped to 195 and now back up to around 200. I look and feel so much better now.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2012, 09:49:11 AM »
Because I'm happy with looking like this fucker:

well i think that looks good and chest and traps wise i'm bigger/fuller than that so i am cool with that look as well.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2012, 10:57:23 AM »
well i think that looks good and chest and traps wise i'm bigger/fuller than that so i am cool with that look as well.

Yeah, that poor guy has no chest at all. lol

Overall though, I'm happy with the natural look.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2012, 11:39:23 AM »
Yeah, that poor guy has no chest at all. lol

Overall though, I'm happy with the natural look.
it goes both ways if ur in your eyes the pinnacle of your build 'on' or natural..cool,,,,

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2012, 10:23:23 AM »
it's not worth it to abuse drugs for a plastic trophy

JAM

• Getbig III
  • いちごいちえ
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2012, 10:59:10 AM »
220? I fucking wish. This morning I was just over 200. 202 I think. Just a year ago I was kicking around 250, juiced up though. Right now I'm happy with my overall muscularity but for my abs to look great, I'm looking at 190 and I'm 6'2.  :-[

Realistically, given enough time and work, I'm good for 210-215 with a very good level of muscularity (not ripped) and abs before hitting the cement ceiling.

Hard work being natural  :-\

LOL - well I'm 6'1 and always had the errrr strongman-ish build.  So about a 36 waist, flat stomach, but no abs.  I got down to 200lbs once and a 34 waist ... but it was hell and I could start to see abs a little.  It required LOTS of cardio and not much eating. 

I didn't like the look and I was not as strong.  I think dieting down for me I loose some muscle with it.  I'd rather be able to eat a little more / less strict and be stronger.  While not cut I'm also not fat with a big old gut.  But that is just me.  Some folks want to see all the cuts and abs.

As for the drug stuff... well you gotta train drugged or not drugged based on what you want.  Not for attracting women, or some other reason.  It always has to be for you and what you want.  It is the only way you will be happy in the end.   ;)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2012, 12:00:01 PM »

LOL - well I'm 6'1 and always had the errrr strongman-ish build.  So about a 36 waist, flat stomach, but no abs.  I got down to 200lbs once and a 34 waist ... but it was hell and I could start to see abs a little.  It required LOTS of cardio and not much eating. 

I didn't like the look and I was not as strong.  I think dieting down for me I loose some muscle with it.  I'd rather be able to eat a little more / less strict and be stronger.  While not cut I'm also not fat with a big old gut.  But that is just me.  Some folks want to see all the cuts and abs.

As for the drug stuff... well you gotta train drugged or not drugged based on what you want.  Not for attracting women, or some other reason.  It always has to be for you and what you want.  It is the only way you will be happy in the end.   ;)
QFT,,,,,

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2012, 09:11:33 AM »

It's quite true about the eating. None of this 6 meals a day shit. I'd have one or two, three at most and they're not big meals. Add 60min cardio a day along with 3-4 days a week weight training and then you start losing weight.

I've also lost tons of strength being this light now. For example, before I could rep the 90lbs dumbbells with ease on shoulder presses, now I'm at least a third down and struggling.

But I prefer the lean look whilst still maintaining a decent size. I'll never be super lean as it's a special type of hell to get there naturally, but what I do now is good enough.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2012, 09:35:52 AM »
yes 6 meals a Day would kill me. I eat fairly light in the morning eat a good dinner and eat light again about 6pm and thatīs it. Its a double edged sword.. i gain muscles fairly easy BUT i really canīt stuff my face too much. To stop excess fat i have to run+jump rope. I have never really got fat but i also like to be cardio fit.