Author Topic: Top Obama Adviser Valerie Jarrett: “Unemployment Checks Stimulate the Economy”  (Read 1729 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

“Even though we had a terrible economic crisis three years ago, throughout our country many people were suffering before the last three years, particularly in the black community,” Jarrett said. “And so we need to make sure that we continue to support that important safety net. It not only is good for the family, but it’s good for the economy. People who receive that unemployment check go out and spend it and help stimulate the economy, so that’s healthy as well.

And to think this stupid bitch has Obama's ear more than anyone in his closest circle? Sadly, she's now the third dipshit in this administration to make this claim.

By their logic, everyone should be unemployed.  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
I posted this in the Thugbama thread.  Still it's speechless

Emmortal

• Getbig V
Except for the fact that you are TAKING money OUT of the economy to pay for UE.

Too bad it's too late for an abortion for this lady.  This is the classic Broken Window Fallacy.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
in the short term, she's right.  you print money and it does stimulate the economy.  Just like using a credit card cash advance DOES stimulate your spending and thus the economy.

in the long run - it's horrible and unsustainable.  but politicians dont talk about that.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
in the short term, she's right.  you print money and it does stimulate the economy.  Just like using a credit card cash advance DOES stimulate your spending and thus the economy.

in the long run - it's horrible and unsustainable.  but politicians dont talk about that.

Uhh no, sorry, that's not how it works.  There's no real stimulation that happens. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Uhh no, sorry, that's not how it works.  There's no real stimulation that happens. 

well, there is stimulation, i dunno how real.  I can print a trillion dollars and give it to people.  They spend it.  That week, there's a SHITLOAD of spending.  small biz getting busy, taxes paid on their purchases and payroll, etc.   It's not 'real'. i agree there completely.  it's a cash advance on a near-full credit card.  You can have a good time that night, but when bills are due, you're screwed faster than a cain subordinate.

Fury

• Getbig V
Except for the fact that you are TAKING money OUT of the economy to pay for UE.

Too bad it's too late for an abortion for this lady.  This is the classic Broken Window Fallacy.

This is the problem with Keynesianism. And sadly this administration actually believes this. Carney and the Sec. of Agriculture have both said the same thing.

And 240 should get a refund on his Cracker Jack MBA.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
This is the problem with Keynesianism. And sadly this administration actually believes this. Carney and the sec. if Agriculture have both said the same thing.

And 240 should get a refund on his Cracker Jack MBA.

The converted outhouse that doubled as the Bursar's office at 240's prestigious Alma Mater "Deer Tick University", was recently destroyed in a Tornado.  Luckily, he is only indebted for another 3 bags of cans and two pocket of chewing tobacco until he has completed his student loan requirements.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
well, there is stimulation, i dunno how real.  I can print a trillion dollars and give it to people.  They spend it.  That week, there's a SHITLOAD of spending.  small biz getting busy, taxes paid on their purchases and payroll, etc.   It's not 'real'. i agree there completely.  it's a cash advance on a near-full credit card.  You can have a good time that night, but when bills are due, you're screwed faster than a cain subordinate.

There is no stimulation. NONE.

Short term? Last thing this country needs are short sighted economic solutions.

Fury

• Getbig V
The converted outhouse that doubled as the Bursar's office at 240's prestigious Alma Mater "Deer Tick University", was recently destroyed in a Tornado.  Luckily, he is only indebted for another 3 bags of cans and two pocket of chewing tobacco until he has completed his student loan requirements.

;D

This is the best post I've read in months.

MM2K

• Getbig IV
Its really fucking stupid. What's really sad is that I think there are even liberal economists who believe that crap. Do these poeple not understand that there is a REASON people are unemployed in the first place? And a REASON that rich people are rich in the first place?
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

Emmortal

• Getbig V
Its really fucking stupid. What's really sad is that I think there are even liberal economists who believe that crap. Do these poeple not understand that there is a REASON people are unemployed in the first place? And a REASON that rich people are rich in the first place?

Paul Krugman, the liberals Jesus of economics, believes every word of shit like this and says it all the time.  The nobel winning wanker doesn't even consider a nations debt in his economic models.  Why anyone would listen to that shit for brains is beyond me.  Then again, nothing surprises me when it comes to libs.

Fury

• Getbig V
Where's Mr. MBA, 240, to explain his asinine claim?