Author Topic: Scotty Bower's Book Full Service - Steve Reeves implicated  (Read 64219 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: Steve Reeves G4P?
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2012, 09:05:00 AM »
It seems to be a theme among gay guys to say a dead famous person was secretly gay.  There is never any real proof and the dead person can't defend themself.

Just like Hoover from the FBI has been labeled as being gay when there is no proof except for a movie script.

Are you really this clueless.  Really? ???

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2012, 09:10:10 AM »
I'm not surprised. However ................. I highly doubt Coleman got involved with the " G4P " scene. I HIGHLY doubt it.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2012, 09:14:49 AM »
  It is insane to say that posing in a stage all oiled up, with a thong stuck up your asshole, for an audience that is 99% male, is not gay. Just insane.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2012, 09:18:39 AM »
It seems to be a theme among gay guys to say a dead famous person was secretly gay.  There is never any real proof and the dead person can't defend themself.

Just like Hoover from the FBI has been labeled as being gay when there is no proof except for a movie script.

There's always proof to anything and everything. Its just a matter of finding "proof".

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2012, 09:45:35 AM »
You guys crack me up.  So I guess you also must believe that Reg Park had to have done *whatever* to get his Hercules roles, win Mr. Universe, whatever..

... so if these guys didn't xxxxxx, then their fame would have gone to some one else?

Maybe this is the only way you guys see yourselves achieving anything in this life, but these guys you are talking about were all just money waiting to be made.  It's not complicated.

These discussions say more about you guys then about them..

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2012, 10:13:47 AM »
Are you really this clueless.  Really? ???

Proof of this?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2012, 10:20:31 AM »
Why is it that anyone involved in bodybuilding that makes something of themselves,always gets accused of G4P ?

Fuck that book,Reeves was a god among mortal men in his day.

the trainer

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2012, 10:24:26 AM »
Hollywood is 90% gay just take a look at the movies and tv shows coming they are loaded with gay characters  if you are not willing to give a blowjob or take it up the ass good luck making it in hollywood.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2012, 10:28:13 AM »
just leave it at that.....
F

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2012, 10:30:02 AM »
Hollywood is 90% gay just take a look at the movies and tv shows coming they are loaded with gay characters  if you are not willing to give a blowjob or take it up the ass good luck making it in hollywood.
That`s why I passed up the role as The Hulk and let Louie have it instead........exit only bro!  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2012, 10:31:45 AM »
Took a gander at Scotty Bowers' just released memoir, 'Full Service,' detailing his many years as a Hollywood fixer/pimp. There was no index, so I couldn't look up actors and page nos, so I rifled the pics. Well, I find a pic of Steve Reeves, who Bowers notes like many BBers, wasn't gay, but frequently rented himself out for money. Bowers specifically mentions tricking out Reeves to George Cukor. And away we go..... 

from gh15 claiming he was on test and insulin to this

consider the sources  :-\

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2012, 10:36:43 AM »
from gh15 claiming he was on test and insulin to this

consider the sources  :-\
;D

When I saw the thread topic I knew this was gonna rile you up!

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2012, 10:39:39 AM »
Why is it that anyone involved in bodybuilding that makes something of themselves,always gets accused of G4P ?

Fuck that book,Reeves was a god among mortal men in his day.

Probably because the whole purpose of bodybuilding is to show off your body--to other men.  Men who view this as a worthwhile hobby/profession and the men who want to watch the results of this endeavor tend to be men who like men.  They may not self identify as gay, but if it walks like a duck, wears a thong like a duck, roids up like a duck, and private poses like a duck… well, you do the math.  ::)

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2012, 10:43:20 AM »

honestly with reeves we're just talking shit here. I personally would like to think he wasn't in to advancing himself at all costs, but then again, who cares, mans dead, and let's let it be.
I can joke around, but that's my opinion

As regards Hoover, he lived with his assistant, they travelled to work together, took lunch together everyday, went to shows and clubs together,  took vacations together, kept photos of each other, and took numerous pics on holiday of each other, and together most famously a pic hoover took of his assistant/house-mate/friend while he was sleeping.......        
That was quite a bromance.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2012, 10:43:38 AM »
who would have thought!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2012, 10:44:13 AM »
;D

When I saw the thread topic I knew this was gonna rile you up!

Not riled up at all , again consider the sources. lots of claims no proof

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2012, 10:44:57 AM »
Probably because the whole purpose of bodybuilding is to show off your body--to other men.  Men who view this as a worthwhile hobby/profession and the men who want to watch the results of this endeavor tend to be men who like men.  They may not self identify as gay, but if it walks like a duck, wears a thong like a duck, roids up like a duck, and private poses like a duck… well, you do the math.  ::)

Yeah,but Reeves had movie star good looks as well as a great physique....it`s not impossible that someone spotted him and wanted him in their flicks based on this alone.

I`m not naieve` and maybe he was gay/bi or put out for the roles he got,but I`d need more proof than this book to convince me of that.

Danjo

• Getbig IV
  • If you're coming on...then come on!
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2012, 10:46:36 AM »
Exactly...not sayin it isn't possible but I HIGHLY doubt Reeves would resort to that vile shit...
H

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2012, 10:47:31 AM »
Yeah,but Reeves had movie star good looks as well as a great physique....it`s not impossible that someone spotted him and wanted him in their flicks based on this alone.

I`m not naieve` and maybe he was gay/bi or put out for the roles he got,but I`d need more proof than this book to convince me of that.

Exactly , someone says it so it must be true.  :-\

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2012, 10:49:06 AM »

No amount of proof can overcome denial.  If you want to be in denial, that is certainly your prerogative, but what exactly are you accomplishing by clinging to that?  Do you have some emotional investment in his reputation?  Why?  Watching someone in denial is often more embarrassing than the exposure of the thing they are in denial about.  :-X

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2012, 10:49:35 AM »
Not riled up at all , again consider the sources. lots of claims no proof

the pic above, was the theme of the times, when in the 40s and 50s homo erotica and bbing mags seemed the same

Doesn't mean it went further than that, I agree

All I can say, is those were good times because of lack of internet, and info

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2012, 11:08:32 AM »
the pic above, was the theme of the times, when in the 40s and 50s homo erotica and bbing mags seemed the same

Doesn't mean it went further than that, I agree

All I can say, is those were good times because of lack of internet, and info

Ignorance is bliss.  ::)

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2012, 11:13:40 AM »
:D

as if AFTER his arival he took "less" cock up his ass .. Arnie was Joe's personal glory hole

Sick crazy beautiful world we live in.
Trans Milkshake.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2012, 12:15:51 PM »
Ok. I just skimmed the book. The Reeves' part is on pg 189, if anyone is interested. Book is light, gossipy in tone, certainly not some scholarly publication. Also, it comes with Gore Vidal's seal of approval, for what that's worth.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2012, 12:28:08 PM »
Hey!!! Leave ducks out of this! >:(
A