Author Topic: get rid of religion if we want evolve  (Read 24770 times)

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
Re: get rid of religion if we want evolve
« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2012, 01:10:50 PM »

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2012, 01:14:13 PM »
Roman Catholic

I went to a Roman Catholic grade school for 9 years, going to church twice a week. Catholicism is garbage. Im not too sure about CHRISTIANITY either, if its not a WORLDLY RELIGION then why are there Christian churches?????
Real faith/believe come from within the mind/heart.........not from sitting in a fancy million dollar building or Mentally imposed beliefs from going to church.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2012, 01:15:38 PM »
No, not really.

Why do you feel you treat others better after leaving that religion?

Fortress, I hope you know that RC is not always representative of Christianity.  Many people who have left RC feel as you do.   Please don't reject God because of a church that may misrepresent Him.  If you read the Bible on your own you will see that much of the traditions and rituals in RC are not only not in scripture, but actually go against what the Bible teaches.   It may actually surprise you to see what is (and what is not) in there.   

R

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2012, 01:18:26 PM »
X

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: February 23, 2012, 01:19:13 PM »
R

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #130 on: February 23, 2012, 01:21:18 PM »
I wondered where you were ;D

;D ;D ;D

I was actually hanging back and reading Tbombz and Coaches amazing and enlightening posts  :-\ :-\
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #131 on: February 23, 2012, 01:25:12 PM »
I don't know what's going on with you in regards to this, so I am gonna bow out. I mean, how is it possible you cannot understand my points with that which we can't see, hear, touch, smell, etc.?

And I provided an example of tangible, personal proof in an earlier post so I assumed you had more to offer on the subject beyond that.  I fully grasp what you're suggesting; again, I assumed you had more to offer than a simple sensory concept.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #132 on: February 23, 2012, 01:37:27 PM »
I don't know what's going on with you in regards to this, so I am gonna bow out. I mean, how is it possible you cannot understand my points with that which we can't see, hear, touch, smell, etc.?

right because the universe begins and ends with what human beings can comprehend.    if a human being cannot comprehend it, it simply does not exist.  Wow.  just wow.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #133 on: February 23, 2012, 01:41:54 PM »
You always have a few psycos in every bunch and the majority of Christians don't condone it so dont make that a blanket statement that we are. As for planned parenthood, they should be done away with and we shouldn't have to pay for it. You talk about a few off the wall the Christians who commit violent acts (that we do not condone) as opposed to an operation who keeps its doors open by having a quota of killing babies. You do the math.

you said "radical," not me. when i think radical christians, i think of the "god hates fags" people who ruin the lives of families of men who have died for our country.  radical is the extreme.

Atheists are more informed of the bible and religion than any other group of people (yes, that includes people who affiliate themselves with christianity/religion).  Atheists are (usually) of the highest education, lowest crime rates, non violent, nice people.  Everyone I know who is an atheist (which is MANY, i live in the SF bay area) is leading a good, "christian" life, minus the ridiculous belief in a ghost story. The only difference is that instead of hating on gays, they accept them (just like jesus did to everyone in the bible, and preached to everyone in the bible...acceptance) for the people they are.  we don't judge people's moral fiber based on what a 2000 year old book says.  

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: February 23, 2012, 01:41:57 PM »
right because the universe begins and ends with what human beings can comprehend.    if a human being cannot comprehend it, it simply does not exist. 

To take this a bit further, humans have been known to be mistaken from time to time as well.  Even our eyes can deceive us at times.
R

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #135 on: February 23, 2012, 01:45:55 PM »
I survived Catholic school,now I have no religion at all,I just try to do the next right thing............though I do believe in God.

My faith has wavered at times.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: February 23, 2012, 01:47:01 PM »
When people were more religous in America there was a lot less crime! When people were more conservative we had the golden era in America. Look how fucked up things are now. All the shit on the shit on tv, violence, hard drug use, the overall decay of society. America has turned their back on God.
Damn good post.......sad but damn good.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #137 on: February 23, 2012, 01:48:40 PM »
I strive for humility and honesty. I don't always succeed, but I try; still, having certainty about something doesn't necessitate a lack of humility.  The only platform I've used for my discussion about Christ is my life - as open and honest as I can be about it.  I haven't pointed fingers.  I haven't judged.  I haven't attacked.  I tried to remain as none threatening as possible.

Again, the proof you seek is in a relationship with Christ; unfortunately, deny that opportunity and you won't have that revelation in your life.  Christians are considered narrow-minded because the path to salvation begins with crossing the threshhold of a narrow gate.  That narrow way is Christ.

your not being humble. your not being honest with yourself. you have let god know that if he exists you are ready to try to follow his path and you have been warmed after doing so. when you went to god you may have had misinformation in your head about his nature, but regardless you were warmed and thus it seems he reponded. you may be misinformed about jesus. god obviously didnt blame you for that and deny you warmth if that is the case.  YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA IF JESUS EVER EXISTED.  

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #138 on: February 23, 2012, 01:50:42 PM »
you said "radical," not me. when i think radical christians, i think of the "god hates fags" people who ruin the lives of families of men who have died for our country.  radical is the extreme.

Atheists are more informed of the bible and religion than any other group of people (yes, that includes people who affiliate themselves with christianity/religion).  Atheists are (usually) of the highest education, lowest crime rates, non violent, nice people.  Everyone I know who is an atheist (which is MANY, i live in the SF bay area) is leading a good, "christian" life, minus the ridiculous belief in a ghost story. The only difference is that instead of hating on gays, they accept them (just like jesus did to everyone in the bible, and preached to everyone in the bible...acceptance) for the people they are.  we don't judge people's moral fiber based on what a 2000 year old book says.  

right we get it.  all atheists are good people.  and most christians are bad and the ones who aren't are just stupid.  just please spare us all your stinking pile of bullshit ok?  If i were to sit here and tell you that every gay guy i've ever met has been an asshole, you would have a field day with me telling me how ignorant I am.  Yet you expect us to take it from you that ALL atheists are good people?  just fucking stop making an ass of yourself.

truth is is that NO ONE knows the secrets of the universe and I have never met a group of people that i've considered "bad" and i have never met a group of people that are all "good".  And neither have you.  It's cute that you're sticking up for your little group of atheist friends and all just don't try and do it at the expense of others.  OK?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #139 on: February 23, 2012, 01:51:15 PM »
To take this a bit further, humans have been known to be mistaken from time to time as well.  Even our eyes can deceive us at times.
You are mistaken about the existence of God. QED.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: February 23, 2012, 01:53:08 PM »
your not being humble. your not being honest with yourself. you have let god know that if he exists you are ready to try to follow his path and you have been warmed after doing so. when you went to god you may have had misinformation in your head about his nature, but regardless you were warmed and thus it seems he reponded. you may be misinformed about jesus. god obviously didnt blame you for that and deny you warmth if that is the case.  YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA IF JESUS EVER EXISTED.  

Actually bombz, MOS is being very humble and has been for awhile now.  If this was "prehumble" MOS, he would have ripped many new ones by now.
R

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #141 on: February 23, 2012, 01:54:07 PM »
Actually bombz, MOS is being very humble and has been for awhile now.  If this was "prehumble" MOS, he would have ripped many new ones by now.
little johnny has been a very good boy lately. hes only been stealing one cookie from the cookie jar per day, when he used to eat handfuls all day !

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2012, 01:57:40 PM »
QED.

Was this used properly here? ;D

little johnny has been a very good boy lately. hes only been stealing one cookie from the cookie jar per day, when he used to eat handfuls all day !

huh? lol!
R

The Greek Wolf

« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2012, 02:01:38 PM »
Greek Orthodox here. And I don't appreceate these aetheists rude comments. Show some class.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: February 23, 2012, 02:03:14 PM »

A perspective like yours denies every bit of evidence to support the bible's accuracy and historocity.  And your notion about not being humble, not knowing the real Christ is founded in your own empirical knowledge which has not yet truly experienced the risen Christ and remains fully ignorant in that regard (that isn't an insult either).  I have full assurance in the heart that Christ lived, died and rose again and that belief ignores all the other evidence that supports the authenticity of the Gospels.  You deny the Gospels and you deny Christ; therefore, you have no assurance in Christ and your heart is growling increasingly hardened to the reality of his sacrifice and gift of salvation.  Every philosophical proof and semantic wordplay cannot diminish or extinquish the reality of Christ.  I'm sorry friend, but you're simply mistaken.  Again, the proof you seek is in the proverbial pudding....take your doubt to the source and confront God directly with honesty, humility and a desire to know him and see if he doesn't respond.  My friend, with utmost sincerity, I double-dog dare you.  ;)  

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: February 23, 2012, 02:06:09 PM »
That`s an understatement!  ;D

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: February 23, 2012, 02:06:27 PM »

;)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #147 on: February 23, 2012, 02:06:38 PM »
you know what, your sincerity is so sincere, i really do have to indulge you and go ahead and meditate on the issue and see if god will reveal some wisdom to me.   but even if i come to some feeling in my heart that jesus did exist and is our savior then i am still not going to go around talking about jesus like he actually exists simply because i know that many intelligent people are going to be turned off from religion and most likely anything dealing with spiritual development if i were to do so.  

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: February 23, 2012, 02:06:48 PM »
R

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: February 23, 2012, 02:08:07 PM »
These threads always suck............nobody else has the right to tell anyone else what they are supposed to believe in or can believe.

They always end up being 6 million pages long and we all know that nobody`s gonna` change their stance on things.

That being said,carry on!  :)