Author Topic: U.S. does not believe Iran is trying to build nuclear bomb  (Read 1141 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: U.S. does not believe Iran is trying to build nuclear bomb
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2012, 08:39:35 AM »
Wipe Israel off the planet.

regime must vanish from the page of time.

Wow, what a huge distinction, lol.

::)

Tell me about it.  A distinction without a difference.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2012, 08:42:08 AM »
Thats exactly what I was getting at - although I worded it poorly.
Israel is the driving force, and will be the reason that we go to war with Iran.
I have no doubt they hate us, everything you said is true, however, that doesnt mean that theyre suicidal or that theyre after weapons. Its not about good intentions, its about INTELLIGENT intentions.

Lots of countries hate us, lots of countries are vocal about it. Lots of countries have Nuclear power. The only reason this one is any different, is because Israel is fearing for their livelyhood (as well they should).
HOWEVER, its not our responsibility to tell the world what they can and cant do.

We should not be dictating how the Iranians run their lives. Should we allow them to build Nuclear warheads capable of killing us? Hell no.
Should we allow them to build Nuclear warheads capable of attacking Israel? No, probably not.
Should we be dictating to them they are not allowed Nuclear technology? HELL NO.

As I said before, we should be allowing them to run their country and develop Nuclear Tech - but we should be careful about what theyre building. Not getting all up in their business because theyre enchriching Uranium. Especially when its not to levels that can be weaponized yet.

If we have PROOF that theyre building Nuclear warheads, then yeah. We should probably do something. But we have no proof, were just going off Israels pressure. Hell, Mossad themselves said they dont believe Iran is building a weapon yet.
Were way jumping the gun. We are NOT the worlds police, and we certainly should not be the worlds POLICE STATE.

Our meddling in other countries affairs is going to do only one thing - get more Citizens killed, and for what? I mean really, for what at this point? Because we THINK they MIGHT POSSIBLY be THINKING of building warheads down the road? Yeah, I dont think so.

I agree in part.  We do need proof before taking any action. 

We are meddling by telling them they cannot have a nuclear weapon, but it sounds like you agree they shouldn't have one. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2012, 08:54:11 AM »
I agree in part.  We do need proof before taking any action. 

We are meddling by telling them they cannot have a nuclear weapon, but it sounds like you agree they shouldn't have one. 
I dont think they should have Nuclear warheads simply because of their ties with terrorist organizations and the fact that they probably would have no qualms about arming people with Nuclear weapons to use against their enemies.
Plus it they have Nukes and they have a coup, or a regime change, or any of a dozen other scenarios, they all wind up with people having Nuclear weapons that wouldnt be good for any of their neighbors.
Now full scale war? I believe that the only reason we should go to war would be an aggressor action against an ally or if we felt they had the capabilities to deliver a nuclear payload to our soil.

If we determine that not only are they CAPABLE of building a warhead, but they are actually in progress of building one (not just enriching Uranium, which has more uses than just weapons if im not mistaken), then and ONLY then should we place sanctions and follow every route possible to stop them, and only if all other actions have been exhausted would we use force.

Right now, were allowing emotions and peoples fears to give those in power and excuse to fuck with other countries in which they have interests in, we have no reason to be sanctioning them at this point, and its doing nothing but breeding resentment and hate with a group of people that already despise us. (Not that I give a fuck what those monkeys think of us, but frankly we have no right fucking with their business at this point until we know for sure theyre building a Nuke, not just that they have the Uranium to build it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2012, 08:59:24 AM »
I dont think they should have Nuclear warheads simply because of their ties with terrorist organizations and the fact that they probably would have no qualms about arming people with Nuclear weapons to use against their enemies.
Plus it they have Nukes and they have a coup, or a regime change, or any of a dozen other scenarios, they all wind up with people having Nuclear weapons that wouldnt be good for any of their neighbors.
Now full scale war? I believe that the only reason we should go to war would be an aggressor action against an ally or if we felt they had the capabilities to deliver a nuclear payload to our soil.

If we determine that not only are they CAPABLE of building a warhead, but they are actually in progress of building one (not just enriching Uranium, which has more uses than just weapons if im not mistaken), then and ONLY then should we place sanctions and follow every route possible to stop them, and only if all other actions have been exhausted would we use force.

Right now, were allowing emotions and peoples fears to give those in power and excuse to fuck with other countries in which they have interests in, we have no reason to be sanctioning them at this point, and its doing nothing but breeding resentment and hate with a group of people that already despise us. (Not that I give a fuck what those monkeys think of us, but frankly we have no right fucking with their business at this point until we know for sure theyre building a Nuke, not just that they have the Uranium to build it.

I pretty much agree with all of this.  Only part I take issue with is whether we have grounds to sanction them.  Keep in mind they were arming our enemies.  Probably still are.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2012, 09:09:24 AM »
I pretty much agree with all of this.  Only part I take issue with is whether we have grounds to sanction them.  Keep in mind they were arming our enemies.  Probably still are.
Yeah I know that. However, Russia has been arming our enemies for decades. Really I cant be pissed at Iran for arming our enemies when we were invading their neighbors, weve been doing that for decades. Now if we started encountering Iranian military, then hell yeah.
Think of this - when we invaded Iraq, within weeks, people from other countries started heading to Iraq to fight the United States because we invaded their lands. Itd be like Canadians coming to the US to help us fight off Russia.
Cant really be pissed about that. And I doubt Russia would have declared war on Canada because they were supplying us with firearms.

I kind of see where youre coming from (attempting to stop the flow of material to our enemies), but really that will never happen without full on declaring war with Iran, which is exactly the kind of thing the Muslim brotherhood wants and would possibly spark a full scale Muslim/West war. I really wouldnt mind wiping that disgusting religion off the face of the planet. But at some point we do have to let reason win, we are supposed to be more civilized than those fucks. I dont believe in letting them dictate how we live our lives, I dont believe in letting them come here and piss on our consitution and rewrite the laws to fit their lifestyle ala France and the other euro countries. I also dont believe that we should be dictating how they live their lives in their own countries.

They want something like this to unite the Muslim communities together so they can push for a new Muslim empire.
And frankly, the lives of just one our fellow citizens is not worth 10'000 of those extremist shitbags. If were going to attack Iran, we may as well just say fuck it and declare war against Muslims, cause I think thats what will happen.
And then itll be our men shedding their blood, and for what? To stop a bunch of monkeys from trying to form an empire that for all intents and purposes, we would have started.

Slipper slope bro.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2012, 09:20:00 AM »
from what I read they didnt say they didnt believe iran is trying to build a nuke. Only that they havent gotten to the point where they could yet even if they wanted to.

thats not the same as saying they dont intend to...

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2012, 09:35:03 AM »
from what I read they didnt say they didnt believe iran is trying to build a nuke. Only that they havent gotten to the point where they could yet even if they wanted to.

thats not the same as saying they dont intend to...
But its even more reason to not worry about it yet.
They may or may not have intent, but they sure as hell dont have the capability to even begin to build a weapon, so why are we freaking out?
Ill tell you why - Israel. Im generally pretty pro-Israel, but the fact is, were allowing them to stir us up and jump the gun. Were sanctioning them, and they dont even have the capability to BEGIN building a weapon yet!
The cops cant come into your home and lock you up because your reading on how to build an automatic weapon. Thats assuming that WE are the worlds police. Which were not.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2012, 09:43:13 AM »
But its even more reason to not worry about it yet.
They may or may not have intent, but they sure as hell dont have the capability to even begin to build a weapon, so why are we freaking out?
Ill tell you why - Israel. Im generally pretty pro-Israel, but the fact is, were allowing them to stir us up and jump the gun. Were sanctioning them, and they dont even have the capability to BEGIN building a weapon yet!
The cops cant come into your home and lock you up because your reading on how to build an automatic weapon. Thats assuming that WE are the worlds police. Which were not.
bro lets not be niave man, they would if they could. The only question is whether they would actually use it...

if you cant admit that there really isnt anything to talk about. If you can admit that then when do the efforts start(not necissarily by us) to keep them from obtaining one?

Also as a side note actually the authorities will visit you if you throw up to many red flags about automatic weapons. Happend to my pop when I was younger I believe it was the ATF came to our house and asked him about books he was ordering etc...Im sure he is on some list somewhere even though he reads all types of gun books and didnt have intention of building a automatic weapon lol

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2012, 12:41:41 PM »
bro lets not be niave man, they would if they could. The only question is whether they would actually use it...

if you cant admit that there really isnt anything to talk about. If you can admit that then when do the efforts start(not necissarily by us) to keep them from obtaining one?

Also as a side note actually the authorities will visit you if you throw up to many red flags about automatic weapons. Happend to my pop when I was younger I believe it was the ATF came to our house and asked him about books he was ordering etc...Im sure he is on some list somewhere even though he reads all types of gun books and didnt have intention of building a automatic weapon lol

What are you talking about? Im saying until they CAN and ARE building a bomb, we should probably leave them be. I dont want them to have a weapon any more than anyone else, but were jumping the gun and overstepping our bounds by going after them before theyve starting doing it.

You wouldnt like the police coming to your house because you were THINKING of killing someone that fucked you over, would you?