Author Topic: Brutal car accident on icy road - video  (Read 11726 times)

The_Leafy_Bug

Re: Brutal car accident on icy road - video
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2012, 09:45:08 AM »
I have three things to say about that and I know what I'm talking about.  If the road is icy drive really slow.  Sounds simple right? I can't count how many times  I have been driving on icy roads for 10 plus hours watching 20 accidents happen right in front of me and behind me. Most blame the icy road but why didn't I crash in 10 to 12 hours of driving? I was driving slow.

The second is never lock your wheels by braking to hard. Most vehicles now have anti lock brakes.  If you lock your wheels on a slick road you cannot steer the car. Always keep the tires rotating when braking on a slick road.  

The third is a four wheel vehicle gives people a false sense of confidence in icy conditions. The majority of people run off the road way in icy conditions are 4 wheel drive vehicles.
Good post. Took the words right out of my mouth. I get passed all the time and get angry looks. The people who are most dangerous are the ones in 4 wheel drive vehicles.

MikMaq

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2012, 09:45:42 AM »
Fucking idiot, end of thread. Glad they is dead, and no one else got hurt.

My dad nearly got killed because of some stupid bitch doing a very simliar thing. Thankfully my family got natural driving instincts. My dad managed to avoid a head on collision.
However my folks rig got fucked up, they did a shoddy job fixing it up in the shop.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2012, 09:46:31 AM »
I have three things to say about that and I know what I'm talking about.  If the road is icy drive really slow.  Sounds simple right? I can't count how many times  I have been driving on icy roads for 10 plus hours watching 20 accidents happen right in front of me and behind me. Most blame the icy road but why didn't I crash in 10 to 12 hours of driving? I was driving slow.

The second is never lock your wheels by braking to hard. Most vehicles now have anti lock brakes.  If you lock your wheels on a slick road you cannot steer the car. Always keep the tires rotating when braking on a slick road.  

The third is a four wheel vehicle gives people a false sense of confidence in icy conditions. The majority of people run off the road way in icy conditions are 4 wheel drive vehicles.

Good advice!

We get snow and ice real bad up here......I drive slow and I don`t care how many people pass me or blow their horns...............so far I have always made it to my destination while I see lots of people in ditches flipped over while I slowly cruise by.

MikMaq

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2012, 09:48:01 AM »

This textbook example of how to really fuck up, not only did they fuck up, they nearly killed the drivers to the right, and the left.

Seriously who the fuck can be liscened  to drive not see how retarded that driver is.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2012, 09:48:11 AM »
A four wheel vehicle gives people a false sense of confidence in icy ALL conditions. The majority of people run off the road way in icy conditions are 4 wheel drive vehicles.

Fixed.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2012, 09:51:10 AM »
Did they survive?

The top Russian comment is a fellow that reportedly knew the man, yes the driver is dead. There are a few more comments talking about how they only found bits and pieces of the man along the highway. Lots of other older Russians mentioning how no one respects driving in winter there anymore.

MikMaq

Re: Brutal accident.
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2012, 09:52:21 AM »
SICK energy transfer there.

was that guy driving aggressively?  pushing up on the others, saying get out of my way?
Meh hitting a semi at about 150-200 miles per hour is no different than driving into a brick wall at the same speed.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2012, 09:52:30 AM »
Wow.....in the trucker world this is called a "brick wall". They don't swerve to avoid head on collisions and risk rolling the truck and losing their load or their life.

I remember when I was on a business trip to detroit, I made sure I was extra careful on their highways since I never drive on that shit in the south. Conditions were similar.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2012, 09:53:55 AM »
18 wheelers and shit, fuck is the median?

I dont know where this is, but roads in the New England area dont have medians on roads like this. Its sort of like a highway, but not. Speed limit is usually 50-60
X

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2012, 09:57:32 AM »
This is what happens when you buy a nissan, it falls apart like lego bricks. Coincidentally Nissan puts their cars together like lego pieces in factories.
all drugs - TPPIIP

Karpaasi

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2012, 10:02:29 AM »
Lets all hope Nissan's airbags did work!

.. :-[

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2012, 10:05:50 AM »
I drive slow and I don`t care how many people pass me or blow their horns..............

WES

I agree

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2012, 10:06:55 AM »
Fuck you Che!  ;D

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2012, 10:09:43 AM »
Good advice!

We get snow and ice real bad up here......I drive slow and I don`t care how many people pass me or blow their horns...............so far I have always made it to my destination while I see lots of people in ditches flipped over while I slowly cruise by.

I use to see a car pass me on a icy road and many times I predicted they would be in a ditch down the road. When I would drive up to them off road they would say, " I was doing the speed limit."  The speed limit wasn't written for driving on ice.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2012, 10:13:06 AM »
I use to see a car pass me on a icy road and many times I predicted they would be in a ditch down the road. When I would drive up to them off road they would say, " I was doing the speed limit."  The speed limit wasn't written for driving on ice.

Yup,you have to drive according to the road conditions.............5 5 doesn`t mean 55 if the road is glare ice.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2012, 10:22:22 AM »
Hopefully there were no passengers in the Nissan...maybe an ESP system could have helped the driver avoid losing control of that Navara.

These are exactly the reason people today can't drive.

In past, there were not these assistant systems we find in cars today. People considered the weather, the circumstances. They drove appropriately.
Now they trust too much on these hyped systems... All these advanced systems give exaggerated feeling of safety for drivers.

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2012, 10:36:41 AM »
This is what happens when you buy a nissan, it falls apart like lego bricks. Coincidentally Nissan puts their cars together like lego pieces in factories.

True.

Had he bought American car, it wouldn't have started at morning and guy would now be sipping warm tea at his datsha...  :-\

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2012, 10:37:23 AM »
18 wheelers and shit, fuck is the median?

In Rossiya everything is big.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2012, 11:17:50 AM »

Pumping the brake (hard and fast) is the way to go (if no ABS).

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2012, 11:21:54 AM »
DAMN!

L.L

« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2012, 11:26:08 AM »
Jesus!!!

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2012, 11:40:20 AM »
Why did the guy drive over the ice to pass the truck ahead of him? He was fine and dandy while driving on the dry lines but as soon as he put the front left tire over the ice it was bye-bye.

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2012, 11:45:30 AM »
Why did the guy drive over the ice to pass the truck ahead of him? He was fine and dandy while driving on the dry lines but as soon as he put the front left tire over the ice it was bye-bye.

Because he probably thought "Oh, boy, My Truck is so fukin' massive it needs two lanes.. Get outta way wOOOOOOOOOO"  

Sad but that's the attitude of many these days  :-\

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2012, 11:48:46 AM »
Sweet mother of Christ. :-X :-X :-X

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
Re-Post...Mod. delete
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2012, 12:17:11 PM »

...18 wheeler crushing the mid-size SUV/Van. I highly doubt it, anybody can survive a hit like that?

- Discuss
#