Author Topic: Condit And Bader Represent A New Generation Of Fighters...  (Read 9061 times)

suckmymuscle

Condit And Bader Represent A New Generation Of Fighters...
« on: February 26, 2012, 08:46:08 AM »
  Who fight to win decisions by either trying to stall the fight if they are wrestlers by humping their opponents on the ground or, if they are strikers, outscoring their opponents on the stand-up by hitting them more than they get hit, but without any intention of actually finishing their opponents. Pathetic. Greg Jackson and other modern MMA coaches are killing MMA with these gay-ass game plans where using the point system to win is more important than actually trying to finish opponents either by KO or submission.

These UFC pussies would have been destroyed back in PRIDE. The ring is much smaller than the cage, and you cannot run from your opponent, and soccer kicks and head stomps completely nullify the possibility of dropping to the ground to stall the fight. Also, back in PRIDE fighters would lose points for lack of aggressiveness with yellow and red cards, which made them try to finish their opponents instead of trying to win decisions. UFC fighters are a bunch of weak pussy cowards.

The only two UFC fighters who would have done well in PRIDE are Nick Diaz and Jon Jones, the former because he is a true fighter who goes there to win fights, and Jon Jones because he is a genetic superman who would do well in any fighting organization ever. All these other UFC cowards would fail in PRIDE. The superiority of PRIDE is evident in that a second-tier PRIDE fighter, Overeem, destroyed the former UFC heavyweigh champion, Brock Lesnar, without even breaking a sweat. The same for Anderson Silva, who back in PRIDE was average and now in the UFC is invincible.

The only way to fix MMA and make it more exciting is to penalize fighters for takedowns. If you go for the takedown, you immediately lose a point and thus will have to be sure that you can either TKO or submit your opponent on the ground, which will make wrestlers think twice before going for the takedown and force them to actually stand and fight. Also, make points be earned for aggressiveness and not for hitting your opponent and avoiding being hit. That is, a fighter who hits his opponets less but engages more, like Nick Diaz did in his fight with Carlos Condit, should be awarded more points. So "decision fighters" will disappear from MMA and force their gay ass coaches like Greg Jackson actually teach them how to fight and not avoid fights.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Re: Condit And Bader Represent A New Generation Of Fighters...
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 08:51:51 AM »
It's been watered down to sell it to a wider audience.
"Underground fighting" will be popular again when people get bored enough of the big dog.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 11:08:37 AM »
 Who fight to win decisions by either trying to stall the fight if they are wrestlers by humping their opponents on the ground or, if they are strikers, outscoring their opponents on the stand-up by hitting them more than they get hit, but without any intention of actually finishing their opponents. Pathetic. Greg Jackson and other modern MMA coaches are killing MMA with these gay-ass game plans where using the point system to win is more important than actually trying to finish opponents either by KO or submission.

These UFC pussies would have been destroyed back in PRIDE. The ring is much smaller than the cage, and you cannot run from your opponent, and soccer kicks and head stomps completely nullify the possibility of dropping to the ground to stall the fight. Also, back in PRIDE fighters would lose points for lack of aggressiveness with yellow and red cards, which made them try to finish their opponents instead of trying to win decisions. UFC fighters are a bunch of weak pussy cowards.

The only two UFC fighters who would have done well in PRIDE are Nick Diaz and Jon Jones, the former because he is a true fighter who goes there to win fights, and Jon Jones because he is a genetic superman who would do well in any fighting organization ever. All these other UFC cowards would fail in PRIDE. The superiority of PRIDE is evident in that a second-tier PRIDE fighter, Overeem, destroyed the former UFC heavyweigh champion, Brock Lesnar, without even breaking a sweat. The same for Anderson Silva, who back in PRIDE was average and now in the UFC is invincible.

The only way to fix MMA and make it more exciting is to penalize fighters for takedowns. If you go for the takedown, you immediately lose a point and thus will have to be sure that you can either TKO or submit your opponent on the ground, which will make wrestlers think twice before going for the takedown and force them to actually stand and fight. Also, make points be earned for aggressiveness and not for hitting your opponent and avoiding being hit. That is, a fighter who hits his opponets less but engages more, like Nick Diaz did in his fight with Carlos Condit, should be awarded more points. So "decision fighters" will disappear from MMA and force their gay ass coaches like Greg Jackson actually teach them how to fight and not avoid fights.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Thats why guys like Jon Jones (your buddy) are so popular... They dont allow their opponent to leave the cage without taking a beating and a "L"

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 11:10:59 AM »
PS: Pat Militech was the first guy that went for decision wins

suckmymuscle

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 11:44:53 AM »
It's been watered down to sell it to a wider audience.
"Underground fighting" will be popular again when people get bored enough of the big dog.

Bruce, you are a great poster and you are right. I assure you that an MMA promotion that adopted the rules I am suggesting would surpass the UFC in popularity very easily and here is why: fans of violence want the most of it, whilst those who hate violence want none of it. So watering down the violence of MMA to appeal to the masses won't work as any violence turns them off, and it will drive off the fans of violence.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Vikingman

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 01:05:54 PM »
I agree with all your points-but idk about penalty for takedowns-how about the yellow card like Pride if you stall etc or as you described
CROM!!

suckmymuscle

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 04:31:10 PM »
I agree with all your points-but idk about penalty for takedowns-how about the yellow card like Pride if you stall etc or as you described

If you take your opponent down, you are completely taking away his ability to hit you, and if you're a wrestler under the current point system your victory is assured because all you have to do is take your opponent down and keep him on his back. That makes for very boring fights, and turns MMA into essentially a wrestling match, because Humans are bipeds with a high center of gravity and thus are easy to take down.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 05:58:03 PM »
Agreed. MMA is becoming gayer and gayer.
Even when it became more 'legit' it lost some of it's edge.
I recall a radio interview with Tito years back, and he basically said he decided to enter the UFC after it became a little safer and they added more rules.
Everyone knocks those one dimensional guys from UFC 1 but at least they were warriors and often had military backgrounds. The current batch are athletes.

The one fighter I do like that doesn't finish all the time is Machida. Watching that level of skill--which I distinguish from athleticism, is exciting.

But no, John Jones is not a warrior. He's an athlete.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 06:19:33 PM »
Because is a  sport  not a real fight  , slowly MMA fighters are learning  some  basic  stuff  such  as  keeping you hands up ::), foot work , head movement , etc ,
The sport is evolving  Ko or get Koed isn't working anymore ,it's  fun for the fans but  not good for a fighter's career.

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 06:21:46 PM »
Sure, it's a 'sport'. But the point of combat sports is to give an 'idea' of who would win in a real fight.
In the old days there were just enough rules to prevent someone from being killed, while still giving an idea of the outcome of a real fight.
Today the winner of the match could be destroyed in a real fight. So it's lost it's purpose.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 06:24:52 PM »
Because is a  sport  not a real fight  , slowly MMA fighters are learning  some  basic  stuff  such  as  keeping you hands up, foot work , head movement , etc ,
The sport is evolving  Ko or get Koed isn't working anymore ,it's  fun for the fans but  not good for a fighter's career.

What? What has the evolution of the sport got to do with this? The problem is the point-based system that allows you to win decisions by stalling the fight on the gound or out-striking your opponent on the standup without actually trying to take him out: you can hit him like a feather hitting the ground, but as long as you do it more to him than he does to you, you win. A recipe for extremely boring fights....

SUCKMYMUSCLE

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 06:32:00 PM »
But the point of combat sports is to give an 'idea' of who would win in a real fight.

That's retarded , many of these UFC fighters and boxers   would shit their pants  in a real street fight , Tito Ortiz , Sakurai ,Hatton  they got beat by nobodies in a street fight.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 06:33:02 PM »
  What? What has the evolution of the sport got to do with this? The problem is the point-based system that allows you to win decisions by stalling the fight on the gound or out-striking your opponent on the standup without actually trying to take him out: you can hit him like a feather hitting the ground, but as long as you do it more to him than he does to you, you win. A recipe for extremely boring fights....

SUCKMYMUSCLE
You are not a fighter so  you'll never understand.

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 06:33:38 PM »
That's retarded , many of these UFC fighters and boxers   would shit their pants  in a real street fight , Tito Ortiz , Sakurai ,Hatton  they got beat by nobodies in a street fight.

::)

Not in the old days. All those guys were pure warriors.

That was my point.

Current: Athletes
10+ years ago: Warriors

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 06:36:38 PM »
All those guys were pure amateurs.

Fixed

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012, 06:39:14 PM »
Fixed

That's why the 'legit' generation of fighters--like Ortiz had to wait until it was 'safe' to play.
They knew that they aren't warriors, just pussies--like JJ.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2012, 07:17:44 PM »
Bring back the yellowcards and soccer kicks. Problem solved. Pride>>>>>>>Ufc. Anytime any of the old pride fights are on and I watch them with my friends we all agree. It's to bad.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 02:23:14 AM »
condit yes..bader i thought was trying to fight to win.
irongearco.com

suckmymuscle

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 07:13:06 PM »
You are not a fighter so  you'll never understand.

Bwaaaaaa...and you are a fighter? STFU retard.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2012, 07:17:25 PM »

So taking your opponent to the ground, putting him on his back and then humping him for 3 rounds is "trying to win"? Great logic there.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2012, 07:20:25 PM »
  Bwaaaaaa...and you are a fighter? STFU retard.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
Quoted for pure idiocy.

I agree with che, you obviously are an armchair fighter.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

suckmymuscle

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 07:22:03 PM »
Quoted for pure idiocy.

I agree with che, you obviously are an armchair fighter.

Epic obsession with me. I own your mind. ;) And I would rather be anything than an old fat geezer such as you. ;D

SUCKMYMUSCLE

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 07:31:46 PM »
  Epic obsession with me. I own your mind. ;) And I would rather be anything than an old fat geezer such as you. ;D

SUCKMYMUSCLE
che > Snitchwithnomuscle
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2012, 12:32:02 AM »
  So taking your opponent to the ground, putting him on his back and then humping him for 3 rounds is "trying to win"? Great logic there.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

actually bader landed some good strikes. also i see no point in standing with a guy like rampage when your strength is in wrestling. GNP is the wrestlers game
irongearco.com

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2012, 06:34:19 AM »
condit won fair and square.....
diaz is a decent boxer and is great at bjj..... other then that..... well...
diza failed to get condit to the ground.... so his bjj was rendered useless....
diaz also failed to connect with a decent shot.... so his boxing also rendered useless...
condit outstruck him.... period! landed way more lowkicks.... if he would just have had more power in his kicks, the fight would not have lasted that long....
i really do not see why diaz should have won.... i mean people acuse condit of running backwards.... well at least he fought backwards....
diaz was running forward like an idiot.... landing only a few punches...
did you see diaz his face after the fight? was swollen a lot more the condit's....
condit won fairly .....

Be Happy,
Optimus