Author Topic: Vindicated....Some AirSoft Guns CAN BE converted to Real Guns  (Read 29099 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Vindicated....Some AirSoft Guns CAN BE converted to Real Guns
« on: February 27, 2012, 07:36:30 AM »
I've always thought that some AirSoft Guns could possibly be converted into real guns.  Well it appears that the ATF thinks its also possible.

A

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Vindicated....Some AirSoft Guns CAN BE converted to Real Guns
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 07:59:48 AM »
Are you a retard...are u. The fucking thing doesn't have the parts....its not the same. Please kill yourself now. The ONLY thing you could do is remove the rails or any of the picitinny style stuff and you might be able to use some of it on a real system...Explain to me oh gunsmith of getbig how a bb and a 5.56/223 round are the same and would fit int the same barrel? This disqualifies you from any further debate on anything.
L

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 08:06:24 AM »
Are you a retard...are u. The fucking thing doesn't have the parts....its not the same. Please kill yourself now. The ONLY thing you could do is remove the rails or any of the picitinny style stuff and you might be able to use some of it on a real system...Explain to me oh gunsmith of getbig how a bb and a 5.56/223 round are the same and would fit int the same barrel? This disqualifies you from any further debate on anything.

Awesome.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 08:14:35 AM »
This also illustrates how retarded the ATF is...if that guy was ATF.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 09:10:30 AM »
This has got to be the most absurd thing I have seen in a long time.   

What about the firing pin and gas tube? 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 09:26:16 AM »
I've always thought that some AirSoft Guns could possibly be converted into real guns.  Well it appears that the ATF thinks its also possible.

The ATF officer is an idiot, as hh already said, you cannot use the upper reciever/barrel for ANYTHING. The lower reciever is going to be equally as worthless. Anyone with ANY firearms knowledge can tell that.
Vince, sometimes, you need to dig a little deeper than some government retard justifying a seizure. They seized those weapons because they had no red tip, and they probably thought it was some sort of smuggling scheme, now theyre having to explain their fuck up to the citizens.

There is absolutley NO WAY to convert that toy into a weapon, without replacing practically everything (upper reciever, lower reciever). Yeah, you can take the rail system and mount it on a real firearm, but you can buy those legally so who gives a fuck.

Its even more retarded for him to say you can turn it into a "machine gun".

What a tool.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 09:27:51 AM »
Vince - is this a relative of yours? 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 11:02:25 AM »
Epic thread backfire.

Folks, this is proof that Obama voters are the most intelligent in the nation. :-\

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 11:03:48 AM »
Epic thread backfire.

Folks, this is proof that Obama voters are the most intelligent in the nation. :-\

Vince checks all the boxes for the typical obams drone. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 09:20:42 PM »

lol

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 05:48:22 AM »
It figures that the resident genius, Vince, would leave out the follow up to the story. Watch this.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 05:59:31 AM »
Vince - can you post a video of a gunsmith doing an actual conversion? 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 06:11:37 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2012, 06:15:20 AM »
This has got to be the dumbest thread I have ever seen posted by far.   

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2012, 07:08:20 AM »
http://pjmedia.com/blog/agents-of-incompetence-atf-dodges-foia-still-has-seized-bb-guns-part-iv/?singlepage=true

It was only a month ago that a bizarre story broke in the Pacific Northwest, as Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers trumpeted their seizure of what they claimed were more than two dozen machine guns disguised as toys.

The problem with the CBP claim was that the items seized were 16 WE TTI (WE Tech) M4A1 and 14 WE TTI (WE Tech) M4 CQBR gas blowback Airsoft rifles that shoot plastic BBs.

They really were toys.

But instead of admitting they can’t tell a toy gun from a real one, CBP turned these Airsoft rifles over to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), and the agency agreed that these pot-metal made, plastic BB-shooting plinkers were honest-to-God firearms.

To put it mildly, things got interesting.

An Airsoft expert from England dismissed the claim as absurd. In the U.S., AirSplat expert Jon Dibblee — who was once Sgt. Jon Dibblee, a U.S. Army infantryman — categorically denied that the WE Tech M4s could be made into machine guns, an expert opinion supported by a gunsmith specializing in the AR rifle who examined another WE Tech in great detail. The gunsmith determined:

The WE TTI M4s lack any sort of functional gas tube, which is integral to an AR15’s operation.
The upper receiver of an AR15 fits onto the lower of the WE TTI M4.
The stock trigger pack in the WE TTI cannot strike the firing pin of a AR15 bolt.
The body of the WE TTI lower is several mils thinner than an AR15 lower, and shims would be needed for any AR trigger pack to work.
The trigger pack of an AR15 appears to be able to fit onto the lower receiver of a WE TTI M4, one of the AR15 trigger pack retaining pins is impossible to insert without major modification, and the hammer isn’t operable with the WE TTI lower.
In short, multiple experts examined the dubious ATF claim and found that the WE Tech rifles confiscated by the CBP and slated for destruction by the ATF cannot be converted to machine guns, or any other kind of working firearm.

Customs has refused to answer questions addressed to them about the seizure, referring all claims to the ATF. As a result, Pajamas Media filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request with the ATF, asking in part for:

Documentation relating to the determination. … [C]opies of written documentation and video or photographic evidence showing how ATF technicians were able to convert the lower to fire real ammunition, and information of what occurred when the converted weapon was fired. … [C]opies of email and print communications within the ATF regarding this issue, and copies of email and print communications between ATF and CBP related to this issue.

The ATF’s written response to the FOIA request was less than helpful. Instead of providing information about the WE Tech rifles seized from Airsoft Outlet Northwest at the Port of Tacoma, Washington, ATF responded with what appeared to be a clumsy bait-and-switch:

We would like to bring to your attention our oversight on the subject of your request in our letter dated April 13, 2010; Springfield, Inc instead of record pertaining to Airsoft rifles intercepted by Customs and Border Protection; as maintained by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).

Perhaps an expert in FOIA law can explain this interesting redirection to those of us less versed in the finer points of the legalities, but it would seem quite bizarre that an agency subject to FOIA requests has the authority to randomly determine that the requester really wanted something entirely different … and entirely useless. Airsoft Outlet Northwest’s Ben Martin confirmed receiving apparently identical information in response to their FOIA request as well.

Instead of providing reasonable, simple answers to reasonable, simple questions (along the lines of “how did the ATF come to the determination that these Airsoft rifles were machine guns?”), the agency passed along a series of heavily redacted documents about:

Sigma Airsoft silencers (not WE Tech Airsoft rifles)
seized in Phoenix, AZ (not Tacoma, WA)
in 2004 (not 2009-10)
I’m sure that the three more or less complete documents they provided about Airsoft pistol silencers seized in 2004 by the Phoenix Field Division are of interest to someone. But they do not help us in the least when it comes to understanding the ATF’s determination that the WE Tech Airsoft rifles still being sold openly around the country are easily converted into fully automatic machine guns, and at a fraction of the cost the U.S. military pays for the real thing.

Pajamas Media has been in contact with Averill P. Graham, chief of the ATF’s Disclosure Division. We have communicated that the FOIA information they provided “about an entirely unrelated incident in the desert Southwest” did not answer the questions about Airsoft Outlet NW’s WE Tech rifles, or about any of the other Airsoft toys and accessories purchased by the company being held hostage by the government.

Chief Graham has asked us to return the documentation they sent, and promises to pull their file on our original request and “see what happened.” Perhaps this additional attempt will bear more fruit … but I wouldn’t suggest holding your breath.

Hope is not lost for Airsoft Outlet Northwest, however. The government recently released some of the $20,000 in inventory they’d seized, including 15 other Airsoft machine guns made by WE Tech and 20 bolt-action Airsoft guns. Perhaps with some patience — and a bit of tenacity — the ATF and Customs can finally be convinced to return these toys to their rightful owners.

Getting them to admit they were laughably wrong may be an entirely different matter.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 12:39:15 PM »
Bump for Vince.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 02:53:07 PM »
Bump.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2012, 05:02:33 AM »
bump for re-hearing

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2012, 05:55:41 AM »
Bump for Vince.   

For what???  I stand by my post.  I think that some Airsoft guns are built so much like real guns that its possible that it could be converted....even worse, someone could add orange tips to real weapons and smuggle them into the U.S. as Airsoft guns. 

Its a sticky situation, and some ATF agents are in agreement with me....so fuck you
A

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2012, 06:00:13 AM »

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2012, 06:15:33 AM »

For what???  I stand by my post.  I think that some Airsoft guns are built so much like real guns that its possible that it could be converted....even worse, someone could add orange tips to real weapons and smuggle them into the U.S. as Airsoft guns. 

Its a sticky situation, and some ATF agents are in agreement with me....so fuck you
:-\

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2012, 06:18:05 AM »

Hmmmmm.......  ;D

CAPTAIN INSANO

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2012, 06:40:26 AM »
Remove Vince's stars now

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2012, 06:42:53 AM »

Pay attention folks. This is the mental capacity of many Obama supporters. No wonder the nation is messed up.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2012, 06:52:48 AM »

No fuck you, the tolerances for an airsoft gun are a hell of a lot different than those for an actual firearm, hell look at things designed for airsoft guns their are disclaimers not to use on real firearms. But please stand by your post, better yet why not make a video of your converted airsoft gun. I want to see it explode in your hands
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ