Author Topic: The Good Life  (Read 27668 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: The Good Life
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2014, 02:54:27 PM »

Nice!!

Did you retire?

When I retire, I will not come back.  ;)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2014, 03:01:31 PM »
When I retire, I will not come back.  ;)

;D
You and I seem to share the same fondness for water.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2014, 03:11:57 PM »
Have you spent much time in Hawaii?  We go there pretty regularly.  I snapped these pix on the Big island when I stuck my camera out of the window...  Given the range of water options there, Hawaii is one of my favorite places.  Not sure I would be happy living there though...  :-\

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2014, 03:18:08 PM »
Have you spent much time in Hawaii?  We go there pretty regularly.  I snapped these pix on the Big island when I stuck my camera out of the window...  Given the range of water options there, Hawaii is one of my favorite places.  Not sure I would be happy living there though...  :-\

I've never been to Hawaii, although I presently have a lot of vacation time accrued and a strong desire to go. Several people have told me that the industry there pays quite handsomely for the work I do.

Alas, I'm currently single and saving money for some investments and a side business I'd like to start up soon. Oh, the decisions that confront me on a day-to-day basis here in "narcissist land!" ;D

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2014, 12:24:12 AM »
my vision of the good life is posting on getbig 100+ times a day until I have over 80,000 posts with every single post informing people of the evils of those pesky commie libs and the antichrist Obama...

So YOU are 333386 aka Soul Crusher after all.  ;D
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2014, 12:28:49 AM »
My perfect idea of living the good life would be that everyday is the same....(except if I went on a vacation or something)

I would like to wake up in the morning, walk outside and exercise or just soak up the fresh air...I would have a nice house in the desert in New Mexico (weather is nice there, not too hot like Arizona)....I would like that I could see mountains outside my window when I wake up...I would have a nice beautiful woman living with me who will cook all of my meals, massage me when I need it, and bang and blow me when I need it....she would be a great conversationalist as well (between the blowing and banging)...I would have a nice faithful dog that I would walk in the morning.....exercise and lift weights in the morning as well...then settle in and watch some cable and read the newspaper...maybe I would teach part-time at a university to keep intellectually active...I would read books, watch more cable, eat some more, and surf the web....I would not have to worry about paying bills....would have a few friends who come over every now and then to have beers and watch football with, and talk about women....then take a shower every night with my woman, watch more cable...eat some more....bang..and then bed..to start the same thing all over the next day....
that would be an amazing life for me

Congratulations on knowing what you want in detail. That's half the battle. Most people don't know what they want or where they're going. As a result... any road takes them there. Those who know what they want, and keep a firm vision of it in their head, usually find a way to acquire it. Good For you!  :)
w

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2014, 07:46:09 PM »

;D
You and I seem to share the same fondness for water.

Back to the Keys... this time Key Largo... Bay likey!  8)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2014, 12:13:04 PM »
Back to the Keys... this time Key Largo... Bay likey!  8)

You're never too old for Spring Break, brother!
 8)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2014, 05:17:47 AM »
Taking chopper rides over Kauai never gets old for me!  8)

The Onion

• Getbig III
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2014, 06:59:27 AM »
Taking chopper rides over Kauai never gets old for me!  8)
Nice!

Kauai is a lovely place.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2014, 07:07:57 AM »
Nice!

Kauai is a lovely place.

Indeed it is.  Dunno when you were last there but the amount of development in Poipu (where I typically stay) is sure to surprise you if you could see it now.  It's still gorgeous beyond measure, but you can see that "old Hawaii" is going away fast.  :'(

Enjoy it while you can.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2014, 07:39:59 AM »
Kauai, Hawaii

Would eat a few of these while being there:

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2014, 08:11:27 AM »
Kauai, Hawaii

Would eat a few of these while being there:

Really?  That photo brings back memories for me... but I have mixed feelings about those memories.  Sure a T-bone tastes great, but I have moved so far away from steak in my diet that it looks almost foreign to me.  And when I see that photo, I am just as likely to think about heart disease as I am to think about how good the steak might taste.  Bay no likey heart disease.  These days, if I have a steak twice in one year that would be a lot for me.  Now, a teriaki or encrusted salmon is just as appealing to me--more even because it is a healthy choice.   :P

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2014, 08:19:56 AM »
Really?  That photo brings back memories for me... but I have mixed feelings about those memories.  Sure a T-bone tastes great, but I have moved so far away from steak in my diet that it looks almost foreign to me.  And when I see that photo, I am just as likely to think about heart disease as I am to think about how good the steak might taste.  Bay no likey heart disease.  These days, if I have a steak twice in one year that would be a lot for me.  Now, a teriaki or encrusted salmon is just as appealing to me--more even because it is a healthy choice.   :P

so you don't eat meat anymore?  :)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2014, 08:28:24 AM »
so you don't eat meat anymore?  :)

Steaks?  Almost never.  Chicken all the time.  I enjoy pork too, but not as often; duck as well, but rarely have it.  I would never give up meat, but yesterday I attended a luncheon at work.  It was catered and the dishes were chicken or encrusted salmon.  I chose the salmon and it was as good as any steak I have ever had.  I left the lunch totally full, but I didn't have that bloated feeling that so often comes from eating and digesting a steak.  When I got home after work, I had a small sandwich as I was not hungry enough for "dinner."  If I could eat like that every day that would be the good life.  :P

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2014, 01:35:47 PM »
nice. I don't feel like eating as much fish as meat protein. I don't know why. Most guys I know simply don't want to eat 300 - 400 grams of salmon. It is too much.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2014, 03:29:23 PM »
nice. I don't feel like eating as much fish as meat protein. I don't know why. Most guys I know simply don't want to eat 300 - 400 grams of salmon. It is too much.

Most (young) guys don't think much about heart disease or their family history for that sort of thing. I confess when I was 21 healthy eating wasn't high on my list of priorities either... but as you get older, and your knowledge base increases, your priorities change.  For me, enjoying The Good Life means living long enough to do so.  Mike Matarazzo used to talk/brag about how much meat he ate... that did not end well for him.  :-\

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2014, 04:00:57 PM »
Most (young) guys don't think much about heart disease or their family history for that sort of thing. I confess when I was 21 healthy eating wasn't high on my list of priorities either... but as you get older, and your knowledge base increases, your priorities change.  For me, enjoying The Good Life means living long enough to do so.  Mike Matarazzo used to talk/brag about how much meat he ate... that did not end well for him.  :-\

you can eat all the steak and eggs that you want and you'll be fine

stay away from sugar, refined carbs, etc..

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2014, 05:46:10 AM »
you can eat all the steak and eggs that you want and you'll be fine

stay away from sugar, refined carbs, etc..

^^ Concur.

The lipid hypothesis is undergoing a much-needed overhaul. Animal fat is not as "evil" as it's been portrayed, but sugar is only detrimental with not one health benefit.

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2014, 11:35:15 AM »
the good life, for me, definitely, living in cabo verde, where my wife is from.
asstropin

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2016, 08:03:11 AM »
I am already plotting my next trip to the Keys; I went three times last year.  Sure, everyone goes to Key West and it is fun, but Bahia Honda Key (about 35 miles north of Key West) is my favorite Key.  Chilling on the beach there is the good life defined!  Relatively few people know about it so it is never too crowded.  Bay likey!  8)

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2016, 02:04:36 PM »
I am already plotting my next trip to the Keys; I went three times last year.  Sure, everyone goes to Key West and it is fun, but Bahia Honda Key (about 35 miles north of Key West) is my favorite Key.  Chilling on the beach there is the good life defined!  Relatively few people know about it so it is never too crowded.  Bay likey!  8)

don't you know how SF1900 feels about beaches?

but in all seriousness, have a nice holiday, Bay!  :)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2016, 04:16:38 PM »

You probably shouldn't have posted this. Now that we know about Bahia Honda Key, we'll all flock there and it will become crowded. Living in Oregon, around this time of year the keys look like a slice of heaven. Care to join me in the shower? I didn't think so.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2016, 08:27:18 AM »
You probably shouldn't have posted this. Now that we know about Bahia Honda Key, we'll all flock there and it will become crowded. Living in Oregon, around this time of year the keys look like a slice of heaven. Care to join me in the shower? I didn't think so.

Somehow I doubt that many of you will be flocking to Bahia Honda Key since some of you do not like beaches and unless you live, or are routinely in, Florida it is too out of the way.  I recall that E-Kul (now calling himself Radical Plato) would prefer to bounce on a trampoline.  But if you do manage to make it to BHK, I say more power to you. Everyone should enjoy The Good Life!  Bring a romantic partner.  S/he will love it!  :-*