Author Topic: "If Obama Mandate stands - All Catholic Hospitals will close within 2 years"  (Read 2720 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Chicago Cardinal Francis George: If Contraception Mandate Stands, All Catholic Hospitals Will Close ‘Two Lents From Now’

Posted on February 27, 2012

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/chicago-cardinal-francis-george-if-contraception-mandate-stands-all-catholic-hospitals-will-close-two-lents-from-now

The Obama administration’s contraception mandate may be motivated by saving lives, but according to one cardinal, it is likely to lead to heavy casualties in another respect. In a column posted at Catholic New World, Cardinal Francis George of Chicago weighs in with a dire warning:

The strangest accusation in this manipulated public discussion has the bishops not respecting the separation between church and state. The bishops would love to have the separation between church and state we thought we enjoyed just a few months ago, when we were free to run Catholic institutions in conformity with the demands of the Catholic faith, when the government couldn’t tell us which of our ministries are Catholic and which not, when the law protected rather than crushed conscience. The state is making itself into a church. The bishops didn’t begin this dismaying conflict nor choose its timing. We would love to have it ended as quickly as possible. It’s up to the government to stop the attack.

If you haven’t already purchased the Archdiocesan Directory for 2012, I would suggest you get one as a souvenir. On page L-3, there is a complete list of Catholic hospitals and health care institutions in Cook and Lake counties. Each entry represents much sacrifice on the part of medical personnel, administrators and religious sponsors. Each name signifies the love of Christ to people of all classes and races and religions. Two Lents from now, unless something changes, that page will be blank.

Apart from the outsized danger George predicts, this rebuke, especially coming from the Cardinal of Obama’s home town, is sure to send a message to the White House. Especially considering that the President made a special point of meeting with Cardinal George back in March of 2009. Though the White House claimed that George and Obama had a close relationship due to their mutual home town, the Cardinal didn’t seem in any hurry to warm up to the President:

Though Obama and George have both held prominent posts in Illinois, where they met a number of times, they never developed a relationship, the cardinal said [in November 2008]. Obama, who is Protestant, was a state senator in Illinois from 1997 to 2004, when he was elected to the U.S. Senate.

“It’s always been a friendly meeting, never substantive,” George said at a November meeting of the USCCB in Baltimore.

And even if George and Obama do have their tensions, what about George’s warning? How much of an impact would the loss of every Catholic hospital have on the U.S.? Quite a large one, as the Catholic Reporter detailed in 2003. According to the Reporter, the Catholic Church oversees the nation’s largest group of non-profit systems, with over 600 hospitals maintained by the institution.

________________________ __________________

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
does he have the authority to do that?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
does he have the authority to do that?

I hope the church shuts down all the hospitals and puts a big sign of that rat thug demon Obama on the front door and tell people to call him up for health care. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

I hope the church shuts down all the hospitals and puts a big sign of that rat thug demon Obama on the front door and tell people to call him up for health care. 
super dooper, that's not what I asked.  Does this cardinal have the authority to do this?

Plus sounds kind of extreme to screw over all the people getting medical treatment.  I'm not agreeing with Obama.  They shouldn't be forced to do shit they don't believe in but screwing over the people who had nothing to do with that decision is odd to say the least.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
super dooper, that's not what I asked.  Does this cardinal have the authority to do this?

Plus sounds kind of extreme to screw over all the people getting medical treatment.  I'm not agreeing with Obama.  They shouldn't be forced to do shit they don't believe in but screwing over the people who had nothing to do with that decision is odd to say the least.

Bullshit - at some point people are going to take a stand against this communist demon and make people really understand the ramifocations of voting for communists. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Bullshit - at some point people are going to take a stand against this communist demon and make people really understand the ramifocations of voting for communists. 
Holy hell, just answer the fucking question.  Does he have the authority to do this or is he talking out his ass?  I'm just wondering.  And how would you know who patients at these hospitals voted for ::)

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
the catholic church has survived for centuries and will find a way to work with this and continue to rake in millions of $$$ for the pope and rome.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Holy hell, just answer the fucking question.  Does he have the authority to do this or is he talking out his ass?  I'm just wondering.  And how would you know who patients at these hospitals voted for ::)

There is probably a committee and they will probably hold to their belief system and tell the communist demo to go back to hell where he came from and toss the patients into the Obama ER. 

Too fucking bad too as for who the patients voted for.  The nation voted for a naked communist demon in Obama and deserves every single miserable result of those policies as a result. 

I warned everyone many times in 2008 before voting for this anti-american zealot and tyrant and most refused to wake the fuck up before voting for Hope & Change, now we deal w the ramifications of those morons for voting for this. 

Elections have consequences.   In 2008 we elected a communit tyrant hell bent on destroying the nation and now we are dealing with the fruits of that.   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
what about the children's hospitals that are catholic... I suppose it's cool to just kick all those kids to the curb fighting this thing with Obama?  I'm not saying they shouldn't fight it, but they might not come out looking so hot when political cartoons of kids lined up on a firing squad and priests firing start to hit the papers.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
what about the children's hospitals that are catholic... I suppose it's cool to just kick all those kids to the curb fighting this thing with Obama?  I'm not saying they shouldn't fight it, but they might not come out looking so hot when political cartoons of kids lined up on a firing squad and priests firing start to hit the papers.

Yup - fuck em too as well as their parents.   Especially those that voted for obama.   No sympathy whatsoever from me, not one ounce. 

Let obama take care of them. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: "If Obama Mandate stands - All Catholic Churches will close within 2 years"
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 06:37:00 AM »
hahahaha bullshit, now were going to use scare tactics.and change the title it's hospitals not churches

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 06:47:50 AM »
hahahaha bullshit, now were going to use scare tactics.and change the title it's hospitals not churches

Fuck off you obama drone.  How can you still defend this thug admnistration? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 06:54:43 AM »
Yup - fuck em too as well as their parents.   Especially those that voted for obama.   No sympathy whatsoever from me, not one ounce.  

Let obama take care of them.  
You sound worse than when Saddam used kids as human shields.  That's the way this will play out in the media.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 06:58:53 AM »
You sound worse than when Saddam used kids as human shields.  That's the way this will play out in the media.

Those are my beliefs.   People should feel the consequences of their actions and those of their neighbors.   

When the nation votes for an anti-american communist zealot like obama - why should we be shielded from the natural outcome of the policies? 

I hope the church shuts every hospital down and gives every patient the phone number for Obama and tell them that obama is their new savior and messiah and will heal them. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 06:59:24 AM »
Fuck off you obama drone.  How can you still defend this thug admnistration? 

change the title,you don't even try to hide your lies anymore :o

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 07:06:20 AM »
Those are my beliefs.   People should feel the consequences of their actions and those of their neighbors.   

When the nation votes for an anti-american communist zealot like obama - why should we be shielded from the natural outcome of the policies? 

I hope the church shuts every hospital down and gives every patient the phone number for Obama and tell them that obama is their new savior and messiah and will heal them. 

how the fuck do you know who these kids voted for, or their parents?  Oh wait, the kids can't vote ::)  You're everything that's wrong with the right today.  Some of the nonsense you and people like you spew just comes off sounding wacko extremist.  I bet you've already send Obama a "resign or the kitty gets it" photo... lol..

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2012, 07:12:08 AM »
how the fuck do you know who these kids voted for, or their parents?  Oh wait, the kids can't vote ::)  You're everything that's wrong with the right today.  Some of the nonsense you and people like you spew just comes off sounding wacko extremist.  I bet you've already send Obama a "resign or the kitty gets it" photo... lol..

Not at all - this is how people learn to make rational decisions - by seeing the impact and results of various choices. 

No different than any other area of life - actions and choices have consequences.   Why should people be shielded from the consequences of a nation voting for a communist tyrant?  Why? 

I'm serious about that.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Obama took it upon himself to be the messiah - he should deal with the mess. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2012, 07:21:43 AM »

Not at all - this is how people learn to make rational decisions - by seeing the impact and results of various choices.  

No different than any other area of life - actions and choices have consequences.   Why should people be shielded from the consequences of a nation voting for a communist tyrant?  Why?  

I'm serious about that.    

you still haven't answered my question.. how do you know who the patients voted for?

Plus, I think you've missed the whole point.  I think it's ok if they oppose this mandate.  I'm just pointing out that going about it by making all your patients human shields will probably backfire.  Not that I care about catholics giving themselves another black eye lol...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
And most sick is you sounding like: (yea, burn the kids... make them suffer more, let them all eat Obama shit...) Is just crazy.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
And most sick is you sounding like: (yea, burn the kids... make them suffer more, let them all eat Obama shit...) Is just crazy.

No - this is why the govt and obama should back down and fuck off and get out of our lives! 

I don't want to see it happen - and think that in this situation - a rational normal thing is for Obama and Sebellius to realize and acknowledge that their actions are going to cause a lot of a bad shit to happen and back the fuck off.

This is why the Govt should have no role whatsoever in this.   When the govt becomes our master, like obama wants, this is what happens.     

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2012, 07:54:28 AM »
you still haven't answered my question.. how do you know who the patients voted for?

Plus, I think you've missed the whole point.  I think it's ok if they oppose this mandate.  I'm just pointing out that going about it by making all your patients human shields will probably backfire.  Not that I care about catholics giving themselves another black eye lol...
how do you know who the patients voted for?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
It doesnt matter!  Everyone gets harmed in these things one way or the other.   My hope would be for obama voters to get tossed in the street first, but that is not going to happen.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Skip to comments.

Chicago's Cardinal Warns Of An ObamaCare Gulag
Investor's Business Daily ^ | February 29, 2012 | IBD staff
Posted on February 29, 2012 4:14:30 PM EST by raptor22

First Amendment: The ex-head of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops compares the administration take on freedom of worship to the Soviet Union's and says its contraceptive mandate will force church hospitals to close.

On the first Sunday of Lent, Chicago's Francis Cardinal George issued his version of the letter issued by the USCCB he recently led.

It shredded assurances by the administration that things could be worked out so that religious freedom would not be impaired and painted a bleak future that just might be the administration's intent.

Going a bit further than his peers, Cardinal George essentially rejected the administration position that you can have freedom of conscience as long as you don't act on it and that Catholics can run hospitals believing what they want as long as they don't act on those beliefs.

Cardinal George responded that what Catholics and others do is what they believe and the two cannot be separated.

"Freedom of worship was guaranteed in the constitution of the former Soviet Union," Cardinal George wrote in a column in the Catholic New World. "You could go to church, if you could find one. The church, however, could do nothing except conduct religious rites in places of worship — no schools, religious publications, health care institutions, organized charity, ministry for justice and works of mercy that flow naturally from a living faith. We fought a long Cold War to defeat that vision of society."

Indeed we did. It was fought to protect the First Amendment and the free exercise of religion in all its aspects.

(Excerpt) Read more at news.investors.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2012, 08:25:15 PM »

Does not matter!    We as a collective nation voted for a communist and have to deal w the results