Author Topic: G.O.P. Greek Tragedy  (Read 3487 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
G.O.P. Greek Tragedy
« on: February 29, 2012, 10:45:00 AM »
February 28, 2012
G.O.P. Greek Tragedy
By MAUREEN DOWD

WASHINGTON

Rick should scat.

Mitt Romney needs to be left alone to limp across the finish line, so he can devote his full time and attention to losing to President Obama.

Robo-Romney, who pulled out victories in his home state and in Arizona, and Sanctorum are still in a race to the bottom. Yet the once ruthless Republican Party seems to have pretty much decided to cave on 2012 and start planning for a post-Obama world.

Not even because Obama is so strong; simply because their field is so ridiculously weak and wacky.

John McCain has Aeschylated it to “a Greek tragedy.” And he should know from Greek tragedy.

“It’s the negative campaigning and the increasingly personal attacks,” he told The Boston Herald, adding, “the likes of which we have never seen.” When a man who was accused of having an illegitimate black child in the 2000 South Carolina primary thinks this is the worst ever, the G.O.P. is really in trouble.

The Arizona senator, who’s supporting Romney, grimly noted: “I know he’s going to be the nominee, but I also worry about how much damage has been done.”

Sparring this week, Romney called Rick Santorum an “economic lightweight,” and Santorum called Romney “a lightweight on conservative accomplishments,” “uniquely unqualified” and “a bully.”

In the old days, the Republican ego had control of the party’s id. The id, sometimes described as a galloping horse or crying baby, “the dark, inaccessible part of our personality ... chaos, a cauldron full of seething excitations,” as Freud called it, was whipped up obliquely by candidates. Nixon had his Southern strategy of using race as a wedge, Bush Senior and Lee Atwater used the Willie Horton attack, and W. and Karl Rove conjured the gay marriage bogyman.

Once elected, those presidents curbed the id with the ego, common sense and reason. But now the G.O.P.’s id is unbridled. The horse has thrown the rider; the dark forces are bubbling. Moderates, women, gays, Hispanics and blacks — even the president — are being hunted in this most dangerous game.

Asked in Michigan why he couldn’t excite the base, Romney said he is not willing to make “incendiary comments” or “light my hair on fire.”

In the latest sign that moderate Republicans feel passé, Senator Olympia Snowe of Maine shockingly announced her retirement, decrying “ ‘my way or the highway’ ideologies” and a vanishing political center.

The apogee of apathy for Romney was on Friday, when the man who says he’s an expert manager spoke to a mostly empty football stadium in Detroit. Stephen Colbert defended Romney, saying he connected with the sea of empty chairs because they, too, were “plastic and uncomfortable.” :D

Some Republicans at the annual winter governors’ meeting here murmured that it was over for Mittens even before he cited his wife’s two Caddies and his Nascar team-owner pals, and awkwardly mocked the plastic ponchos of Daytona racing fans: “I like those fancy raincoats you bought. Really sprung for the big bucks.”

They said Mitt was damaged as a contender against Obama when he was forced to admit that he had a 15-percent tax rate (given, as The Huffington Post points out, that Romney averaged $6,400 an hour at Bain Capital while creating lots of jobs with paltry wages).

Romney defended himself in an interview to Fox News on Tuesday, sitting in front of a poster of his dad with the slogan: “Romney Great in ’68.” Romney père lost his dream of becoming president when he claimed he was brainwashed on Vietnam.

Now Santorum should forfeit his chance after making a far dumber remark: Kids should beware of college because they’ll get brainwashed.

Pandering to Tea Partiers, Santorum, who has a B.A., M.B.A. and J.D., and who supported higher education in his 2006 senatorial campaign, absurdly turned the American dream inside-out and into sauerkraut.

He called the president “a snob” for encouraging people to get more educated and asserted that Obama only wants Americans to go to college so they can be remade in his image, while being indoctrinated by liberal college professors.

Does he think that defining ambition down and asking kids to give up hope is a good mantra? Even Gov. Bob McDonnell of Virginia, who was trying to mandate that women seeking abortions be shamed with vaginal ultrasounds that Democrats dubbed “legal rape,” thought Santorum went too far.

As Mitt’s remarks get curiouser, Rick’s get creepier.

In an interview with ABC News’s George Stephanopoulos, Santorum offended the Catholics he’s courting by saying that the J.F.K. speech ratifying the separation of church and state made him want “to throw up” because Kennedy had thrown “his faith under the bus.”

“I don’t believe in an America where the separation of church and state are absolute,” Sanctorum said. It didn’t work in Michigan and Arizona, where Romney won the Catholic vote.

If he is willing to cross that line, the only two possibilities are that he doesn’t understand the nature of the United States or that he wants to do damage to the United States. Neither is acceptable.
!

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
Re: G.O.P. Greek Tragedy
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 10:47:01 AM »
Fuck you f.aggot no one like you

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 10:50:43 AM »
Fuck you f.aggot no one like you
SUCK my left nut and make the right one jealous, shitstain.

I do not give a DAMN! about you or your, racist, unintelligible ramblings.
!

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 10:52:52 AM »
SUCK my left nut and make the right one jealous, shitstain.

I do not give a shit about you or your, racist, unintelligible ramblings.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 10:53:46 AM »
 ;D

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 10:55:33 AM »

lol
I have no reason to cry, my poorly educated fellow getbigger.

You are the one who reveals that your rectum spontaneously begins bleeding whenever I post.  ;D

!

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 10:56:14 AM »

Michelle and Barack eating boogers

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 10:57:45 AM »
And yet thugbama is at 43% on gallup and losing to romney/paul/sain rick in various polls. 

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 10:58:51 AM »
 ;D

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 11:00:13 AM »
 ;D

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 11:01:29 AM »
Mr. Obama is a fine, intelligent man who works hard and loves his wife and children. I wish more people were "remade in his image."~ Linda, Oklahoma

Id controls in another way too.

Romney wants to be president because he is ambitious. He just wants to be president because it is the highest office to get. He will say anything to get it, because he really does not seem to care about what he would do with the office.
Meanwhile Santorum seems to be driven entirely by unexamined urges. He does not want anyone else to examine themselves either, hence he sees education as a threat.

Both men are all id-iots. There is nothing else there
~ Mark Clawson, MI

!

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 11:01:52 AM »
 ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 11:02:00 AM »

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 11:03:16 AM »
Mr. Obama is a fine, intelligent man who works hard and loves his wife and children. I wish more people were "remade in his image."~ Linda, Oklahoma

Id controls in another way too.

Romney wants to be president because he is ambitious. He just wants to be president because it is the highest office to get. He will say anything to get it, because he really does not seem to care about what he would do with the office.
Meanwhile Santorum seems to be driven entirely by unexamined urges. He does not want anyone else to examine themselves either, hence he sees education as a threat.

Both men are all id-iots. There is nothing else there
~ Mark Clawson, MI

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 11:05:10 AM »
And yet thugbama is at 43% on gallup and losing to romney/paul/sain rick in various polls. 

;D

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 11:07:53 AM »

Gotta love PEA BRAIN, aka "Vinnie The Guinea's" photoshopped pics AGAIN...not!   :P

Good luck in believing Romney/Sanitarium will beat Obama in November...LOL! :-X

!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2012, 11:10:27 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, 11:11:17 AM »
 :)

CatInHat

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2012, 11:14:53 AM »
bennie shut up nig wheres the rope

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2012, 11:17:58 AM »
bennie shut up nig wheres the rope

:D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2012, 11:29:40 AM »

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2012, 11:32:12 AM »
 ;D

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2012, 11:35:42 AM »
;D

I hate that slimy piece of shit for signing that bill. It's going to end up fucking us all over.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2012, 11:37:22 AM »
Ron Paul Issues Statement on Obama’s Proposed Tricare Cuts

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/02/28/ron-paul-issues-statement-on-obama%E2%80%99s-proposed-tricare-cuts

“Failing to meet the promises we have made to our troops would be unjust and immoral”

LAKE JACKSON, Texas – 2012 Republican Presidential candidate and Texas Congressman Ron Paul issued the following statement regarding the Obama administration’s latest proposal to seek cuts in Tricare benefits for veterans and active military. See comments below.

“As a Doctor, an Air Force Veteran, and Congressman, who serves on the Foreign Affairs Committee and has always fought for the best interest of our troops, I am appalled at President Obama’s disregard for the health and well-being of America’s military families and his continued fealty to union boss special interests.

“The Obama administration’s proposed defense budget would require military families and retirees to pay exceedingly more for their healthcare, while leaving unionized civilian defense workers’ benefits untouched. This is unacceptable.

“Our military men and women have fought bravely, and in exchange, our country made a promise to them that we must honor. There are trillions of dollars in unwise and unconstitutional spending we must cut. And there are few other leaders in Washington willing to cut spending as deeply as I am and truly balance our budget.  But we must make sure we take care of our veterans and military personnel who fight to take care of us.

“We have put our troops in harm’s way, and we must honor our promises. Our troops have paid a heavy price these past 10 years.  Over 5,000 have lost their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan, 40,000 have seen crushing injuries, and hundreds of thousands more suffer from brain injury and post-traumatic stress disorder.

“Failing to meet the promises we have made to our troops would be unjust and immoral.

“Instead of cutting our veterans’ benefits, President Obama should truly support our troops by bringing them home to protect our borders and defend our country. Re-unite them with their families and make sure they no longer play policeman in dangerous foreign civil wars. Cutting the benefits of our veterans while we subsidize the security of other wealthy nations like Germany and Japan and play ‘world policeman’ makes no sense.

“As a Congressman, I have taken very seriously my duty to ensure that our fighting men and women are well taken care of and given the respect, dignity, and appreciation they have earned. That is why I introduced H.R. 1092, the Military Retirees Health Care Protection Act, which prohibits the Department of Defense from increasing Tricare fees without congressional approval. I urge my fellow members of Congress, and the other GOP presidential candidates to support this action and support our troops.

“As President, I intend to keep the promises and commitments we have made as a nation to our troops, because they are the ones that sacrifice everything to keep us free.”

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2012, 11:39:47 AM »
I hate that slimy piece of shit for signing that bill. It's going to end up fucking us all over.

oh don't worry, us europeans apparently want that "change" here aswell  ::)

new world order...