Author Topic: Ron Paul: Obama's proposed Tricare plan for Vets is "immoral & unjust"  (Read 3424 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Ron Paul Issues Statement on Obama’s Proposed Tricare Cuts

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/02/28/ron-paul-issues-statement-on-obama%E2%80%99s-proposed-tricare-cuts

“Failing to meet the promises we have made to our troops would be unjust and immoral”

LAKE JACKSON, Texas – 2012 Republican Presidential candidate and Texas Congressman Ron Paul issued the following statement regarding the Obama administration’s latest proposal to seek cuts in Tricare benefits for veterans and active military. See comments below.

“As a Doctor, an Air Force Veteran, and Congressman, who serves on the Foreign Affairs Committee and has always fought for the best interest of our troops, I am appalled at President Obama’s disregard for the health and well-being of America’s military families and his continued fealty to union boss special interests.

“The Obama administration’s proposed defense budget would require military families and retirees to pay exceedingly more for their healthcare, while leaving unionized civilian defense workers’ benefits untouched. This is unacceptable.

“Our military men and women have fought bravely, and in exchange, our country made a promise to them that we must honor. There are trillions of dollars in unwise and unconstitutional spending we must cut. And there are few other leaders in Washington willing to cut spending as deeply as I am and truly balance our budget.  But we must make sure we take care of our veterans and military personnel who fight to take care of us.

“We have put our troops in harm’s way, and we must honor our promises. Our troops have paid a heavy price these past 10 years.  Over 5,000 have lost their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan, 40,000 have seen crushing injuries, and hundreds of thousands more suffer from brain injury and post-traumatic stress disorder.

“Failing to meet the promises we have made to our troops would be unjust and immoral.

“Instead of cutting our veterans’ benefits, President Obama should truly support our troops by bringing them home to protect our borders and defend our country. Re-unite them with their families and make sure they no longer play policeman in dangerous foreign civil wars. Cutting the benefits of our veterans while we subsidize the security of other wealthy nations like Germany and Japan and play ‘world policeman’ makes no sense.

“As a Congressman, I have taken very seriously my duty to ensure that our fighting men and women are well taken care of and given the respect, dignity, and appreciation they have earned. That is why I introduced H.R. 1092, the Military Retirees Health Care Protection Act, which prohibits the Department of Defense from increasing Tricare fees without congressional approval. I urge my fellow members of Congress, and the other GOP presidential candidates to support this action and support our troops.

“As President, I intend to keep the promises and commitments we have made as a nation to our troops, because they are the ones that sacrifice everything to keep us free.”

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Obama to Soldiers: Pay Up

Threatens to veto bill unless it hikes health care fees for service members

BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff - June 29, 2012 10:22 am

The Obama administration on Friday threatened to veto a defense appropriations bill in part because it does not include higher health care fees for members of the military.

“The Administration is disappointed that the Congress did not incorporate the requested TRICARE fee initiatives into either the appropriation or authorization legislation,” the White House wrote in an official policy statement expressing opposition to the bill, which the House approved in May.

President Obama’s most recent budget proposal includes billions of dollars in higher fees for members of TRICARE, the military health care system, and is part of the administration’s plan to cut nearly $500 billion from the Pentagon’s budget.

Some fear the administration’s proposal is an effort to increase enrollment in the state-run insurance exchanges mandated under the president’s controversial health care law.

The administration urged the House to “reconsider” to fee increase, arguing they are “essential for DOD to successfully address rising personnel costs.”

The House bill has significant bipartisan support, and easily passed by a margin of 299 to 120.

This entry was posted in Obama Administration and tagged Military budget cuts, Obama, Sequestration, Tricare. Bookmark the permalink.

http://freebeacon.com/obama-to-soldiers-pay-up

HOPE AND CHANGE ASSHOLES! 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/02/28/ron-paul-issues-statement-on-obama%E2%80%99s-proposed-tricare-cuts

“Failing to meet the promises we have made to our troops would be unjust and immoral”

LAKE JACKSON, Texas – 2012 Republican Presidential candidate and Texas Congressman Ron Paul issued the following statement regarding the Obama administration’s latest proposal to seek cuts in Tricare benefits for veterans and active military. See comments below.

“As a Doctor, an Air Force Veteran, and Congressman, who serves on the Foreign Affairs Committee and has always fought for the best interest of our troops, I am appalled at President Obama’s disregard for the health and well-being of America’s military families and his continued fealty to union boss special interests.

“The Obama administration’s proposed defense budget would require military families and retirees to pay exceedingly more for their healthcare, while leaving unionized civilian defense workers’ benefits untouched. This is unacceptable.

“Our military men and women have fought bravely, and in exchange, our country made a promise to them that we must honor. There are trillions of dollars in unwise and unconstitutional spending we must cut. And there are few other leaders in Washington willing to cut spending as deeply as I am and truly balance our budget.  But we must make sure we take care of our veterans and military personnel who fight to take care of us.

“We have put our troops in harm’s way, and we must honor our promises. Our troops have paid a heavy price these past 10 years.  Over 5,000 have lost their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan, 40,000 have seen crushing injuries, and hundreds of thousands more suffer from brain injury and post-traumatic stress disorder.

“Failing to meet the promises we have made to our troops would be unjust and immoral.

“Instead of cutting our veterans’ benefits, President Obama should truly support our troops by bringing them home to protect our borders and defend our country. Re-unite them with their families and make sure they no longer play policeman in dangerous foreign civil wars. Cutting the benefits of our veterans while we subsidize the security of other wealthy nations like Germany and Japan and play ‘world policeman’ makes no sense.

“As a Congressman, I have taken very seriously my duty to ensure that our fighting men and women are well taken care of and given the respect, dignity, and appreciation they have earned. That is why I introduced H.R. 1092, the Military Retirees Health Care Protection Act, which prohibits the Department of Defense from increasing Tricare fees without congressional approval. I urge my fellow members of Congress, and the other GOP presidential candidates to support this action and support our troops.

“As President, I intend to keep the promises and commitments we have made as a nation to our troops, because they are the ones that sacrifice everything to keep us free.”

Nice.  Well said.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Nice.  Well said.

There is nothing moral or just about obama on any level.   He is a tyrant and hates this country. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
What is going on with this dude? He hasnt even won yet and he's already going full retard!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
What is going on with this dude? He hasnt even won yet and he's already going full retard!

He doesn't fucking care!    He is a radical communist zealot seeking to collapse this nation.   Every day that passes is more proof of that. 

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor

Quoted in it's entirety for truth.

There is nothing moral or just about obama on any level.   He is a tyrant and hates this country.

You disagree with Obama's political philosophy and policies. We get it already. That's one thing. But to assert that the man is completely immoral and unjust is quite another thing - and frankly, it's quite fucking ludicrous.

I'm sick of this hyperpartisan bullshit that you and your ilk (regardless of party - you're all the same) peddle on every medium out there. You polarize the country and paint those who disagree with you with labels like "communist" and "fascists" and throw around the word traitor around like it's going out of style. YOU - the lot of you - are the reason behind the trouble this country is in. You continue to waste any chance of us, all  of us Americans, working together to solve the problems that face the country, by turning politics into a death match to be fought by attrition and slander.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Obama is not to be worked with.   He has shown his cards already.   He is to be defeated and sent back to Kenya or a prison. 

Quoted in it's entirety for truth.

You disagree with Obama's political philosophy and policies. We get it already. That's one thing. But to assert that the man is completely immoral and unjust is quite another thing - and frankly, it's quite fucking ludicrous.

I'm sick of this hyperpartisan bullshit that you and your ilk (regardless of party - you're all the same) peddle on every medium out there. You polarize the country and paint those who disagree with you with labels like "communist" and "fascists" and throw around the word traitor around like it's going out of style. YOU - the lot of you - are the reason behind the trouble this country is in. You continue to waste any chance of us, all  of us Americans, working together to solve the problems that face the country, by turning politics into a death match to be fought by attrition and slander.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
Obama is not to be worked with.   He has shown his cards already.

So say that. Stick to the facts - don't add your ridiculous commentary. It only serves to make people see Obama as someone more sympathetic, because assholes like you attack him.

He is to be defeated and sent back to Kenya or a prison.

::) Fuckin' troll.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Veto Threat: Administration Wants to Hike Healthcare Fees for Military
Townhall.com ^ | June 29, 2012 | Leah Barkoukis
Posted on June 30, 2012 7:18:52 AM EDT by Kaslin

The audacity of the Obama administration never ceases to amaze. On Friday, they threatened to veto a defense appropriations bill because it, in part, does not include hikes in healthcare fees for members of the military. The House bill  passed 299-120 in May. The official policy statement offers this objection:

TRICARE Fees and Co-Payments.  The Administration is disappointed that the Congress did not incorporate the requested TRICARE fee initiatives into either the appropriation or authorization legislation.  The Administration asks the House to reconsider the TRICARE fee proposals, which are essential for DOD to successfully address rising personnel costs.  The $1.8 billion in savings are part of a carefully balanced FY 2013 Budget request.

The proposed increases in healthcare payments for members of the military members were reported by The Washington Free Beacon in February:

“The Obama administration’s proposed defense budget calls for military families and retirees to pay sharply more for their healthcare, while leaving unionized civilian defense workers’ benefits untouched. The proposal is causing a major rift within the Pentagon, according to U.S. officials. Several congressional aides suggested the move is designed to increase the enrollment in Obamacare’s state-run insurance exchanges.

The disparity in treatment between civilian and uniformed personnel is causing a backlash within the military that could undermine recruitment and retention.

The proposed increases in health care payments by service members, which must be approved by Congress, are part of the Pentagon’s $487 billion cut in spending. It seeks to save $1.8 billion from the Tricare medical system in the fiscal 2013 budget, and $12.9 billion by 2017.”

Of course, it all goes back to propping up ObamaCare…

“Administration officials told Congress that one goal of the increased fees is to force military retirees to reduce their involvement in Tricare and eventually opt out of the program in favor of alternatives established by the 2010 Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, aka Obamacare.”

If the administration had their way:

"Significantly, the plan calls for increases between 30 percent to 78 percent in Tricare annual premiums for the first year. After that, the plan will impose five-year increases ranging from 94 percent to 345 percent—more than 3 times current levels.

According to congressional assessments, a retired Army colonel with a family currently paying $460 a year for health care will pay $2,048.

The new plan hits active duty personnel by increasing co-payments for pharmaceuticals and eliminating incentives for using generic drugs.

The changes are worrying some in the Pentagon who fear it will severely impact efforts to recruit and maintain a high-quality all-volunteer military force. Such benefits have been a key tool for recruiting qualified people and keeping them in uniform."

This just makes it abundantly clear how the administration regards those who serve this country and have already given so much.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Veto Threat: Administration Wants to Hike Healthcare Fees for Military
Townhall.com ^ | June 29, 2012 | Leah Barkoukis
Posted on June 30, 2012 7:18:52 AM EDT by Kaslin

The audacity of the Obama administration never ceases to amaze. On Friday, they threatened to veto a defense appropriations bill because it, in part, does not include hikes in healthcare fees for members of the military. The House bill  passed 299-120 in May. The official policy statement offers this objection:

TRICARE Fees and Co-Payments.  The Administration is disappointed that the Congress did not incorporate the requested TRICARE fee initiatives into either the appropriation or authorization legislation.  The Administration asks the House to reconsider the TRICARE fee proposals, which are essential for DOD to successfully address rising personnel costs.  The $1.8 billion in savings are part of a carefully balanced FY 2013 Budget request.

The proposed increases in healthcare payments for members of the military members were reported by The Washington Free Beacon in February:

“The Obama administration’s proposed defense budget calls for military families and retirees to pay sharply more for their healthcare, while leaving unionized civilian defense workers’ benefits untouched. The proposal is causing a major rift within the Pentagon, according to U.S. officials. Several congressional aides suggested the move is designed to increase the enrollment in Obamacare’s state-run insurance exchanges.

The disparity in treatment between civilian and uniformed personnel is causing a backlash within the military that could undermine recruitment and retention.

The proposed increases in health care payments by service members, which must be approved by Congress, are part of the Pentagon’s $487 billion cut in spending. It seeks to save $1.8 billion from the Tricare medical system in the fiscal 2013 budget, and $12.9 billion by 2017.”

Of course, it all goes back to propping up ObamaCare…

“Administration officials told Congress that one goal of the increased fees is to force military retirees to reduce their involvement in Tricare and eventually opt out of the program in favor of alternatives established by the 2010 Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, aka Obamacare.”

If the administration had their way:

"Significantly, the plan calls for increases between 30 percent to 78 percent in Tricare annual premiums for the first year. After that, the plan will impose five-year increases ranging from 94 percent to 345 percent—more than 3 times current levels.

According to congressional assessments, a retired Army colonel with a family currently paying $460 a year for health care will pay $2,048.

The new plan hits active duty personnel by increasing co-payments for pharmaceuticals and eliminating incentives for using generic drugs.

The changes are worrying some in the Pentagon who fear it will severely impact efforts to recruit and maintain a high-quality all-volunteer military force. Such benefits have been a key tool for recruiting qualified people and keeping them in uniform."

This just makes it abundantly clear how the administration regards those who serve this country and have already given so much.

Keep in mind, folks, that this is referring to Tricare PRIME. That's the coverage which is NO COST OUT OF POCKET to active duty military and their families.

However, the catch is that you have to use a military hospital or clinic, unless you get a referral from that clinic or special permission from a Tricare regional manager.

If you're stationed where there is no military hospital/clinic, you go on TriCare Prime Remote. If you can find a civilian hospital/clinic that takes Tricare of any form, you can go there. If not, you have to do some trekking to find a military place.

There's no Tricare Prime Remote for retirees. If you don't live near a military hospital, you have to use Tricare Standard, which is about the same as any other civilian healthcare plan.

Also, citing the example I put in bold, that price is the same, regardless of your rank when you retired. But, it's now $520, not $460. You think a retired E-6 or E-7 wants to pay over $2100 for his family's healthcare?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Obama treats the troops like he does everyone else - like human toilet paper to be wiped w shit and flushed down the toilet. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Obama treats the troops like he does everyone else - like human toilet paper to be wiped w shit and flushed down the toilet. 

Remind me agian how many wars Obama has started where americans troops have died in?

Remind who wants to get kids health insurance?

Yes its Obama who doesnt give a shit about people ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Obama to Force Military Families Away From Tricare …By Tripling Their Fees.
 Kevin Danielsen June 29, 2012 4:04 pm

President Barack Obama has said on multiple occasions that he stands by the troops, and lauds their selflessness in fighting the Iraq war and the conflict in Afghanistan.  During a time when our bravest in uniform have been in a state of war for more than a decade, one would think that our fearless leaders should reward their efforts by making life a bit easier at home.

Instead, Obama simply insists on tripling their fees on the military health insurance program called Tricare.

What is the administration’s reasoning on this?  Well, they actually admit that Obama would rather the troops partake in ‘alternatives’ that were established in the Affordable Care Act (otherwise known as Obamacare).  In a report from the FreeBeacon.com, Bill Gertz states:

Administration officials told Congress that one goal of the increased fees is to force military retirees to reduce their involvement in Tricare and eventually opt out of the program in favor of alternatives established by the 2010 Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, aka Obamacare.”

This is quite a telling move by the Obama administration, due to the transparency in a letter written to congress, as the FreeBeacon.com further reports:

The Administration is disappointed that the Congress did not incorporate the requested TRICARE fee initiatives into either the appropriation or authorization legislation,” the White House wrote in an official policy statement expressing opposition to the bill, which the House approved in May.”

So, what are these ‘fee initiatives’?  The Bill Gertz goes on to say,

Significantly, the plan calls for increases between 30 percent to 78 percent in Tricare annual premiums for the first year. After that, the plan will impose five-year increases ranging from 94 percent to 345 percent—more than 3 times current levels.

The new plan hits active duty personnel by increasing co-payments for pharmaceuticals and eliminating incentives for using generic drugs.”

Essentially, Barack Hussein Obama would rather force military families to partake in Obamacare welfare-backed programs rather than using Tricare, and he had hoped to do this by tripling their premiums in just 5 years.

All the while, the report states that Obama leaves his true friends, the ‘unionized civilian defense workers’, unscathed by tax and premium hikes:

The Obama administration’s proposed defense budget calls for military families and retirees to pay sharply more for their healthcare, while leaving unionized civilian defense workers’ benefits untouched. The proposal is causing a major rift within the Pentagon, according to U.S. officials. Several congressional aides suggested the move is designed to increase the enrollment in Obamacare’s state-run insurance exchanges.

The disparity in treatment between civilian and uniformed personnel is causing a backlash within the military that could undermine recruitment and retention.”

The sad part of this tale is that Barack Obama clearly has no loyalty to his country, his ‘friends’, and most certainly the troops that would carry out his commands without question for the love of their home.  It is clearly only profit and power that pulls him out of bed in the morning, and lulls him to sleep at night.  How so?

We already know that upon the passage of Obamacare that the market reacted by tanking 1%, while certain public sector insurance companies, hospital firms, and pharmaceutical manufacturers significantly increased in share prices.  We already know from leaked Pfizer lobbyist memos that they were going to pledge $80 billion to Obama’s reelection efforts if he were to pass the ACA.  So, essentially, the fact that Obama’s action of forcing military families away from Tricare and towards these public sector insurance ‘alternatives’, shows who he really serves.  …just a hint, it’s not you or anyone in the military.

That’s correct, he serves the unionized defense contractors (as long as they serve him in return), and he serves public sector companies and Wall Street-owned major medical companies, like Pfizer (also… as long as they serve him in return).

In the closing, Patricia Campion of Yahoo News writes these insightful words:

As commander-in-chief, I want every veteran to know that America will always honor your service and your sacrifice — not just today, but every day,” the president said in November. “And just as you fought for us, we’re going to keep fighting for you — for more jobs, for more security, for the opportunity to keep your families strong and America competitive in the 21st century.”

Of course, he forgot to warn them he was about to kick their existing health care insurance plan so far out of reach that they’d be forced to grab the plan that 53 percent of Americans want repealed for survival.”

Thanks for selling our bravest down the river, Mr. President …you’re a great guy.

http://www.ijreview.com/2012/06/9466-mugging-soldiers

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
BUMP FOR 180, VINCE, LICKER, BLACKASS, OPTION F, ET AL 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
BUMP FOR 180, VINCE, LICKER, BLACKASS, OPTION F, ET AL 

um, ron paul is right? yes

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
um, ron paul is right? yes

Why have you logged 100's of posts on Romney's date of departing Bain 12 years ago , 1,000's on Zimm, and not one on this? 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Why have you logged 100's of posts on Romney's date of departing Bain 12 years ago , 1,000's on Zimm, and not one on this? 

It's because he'd have to defend a blatant LIE by Obama, which would make him look silly especially considering his feigned outrage about Romney's alleged lying.

"If you like your plan, you can keep it...."  PLEASE!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Obama Suggests Romney Wouldn't Take Proper Care of Veterans
 weeklystandard.com ^ | July 17, 2012 | DANIEL HALPER

Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2012 2:55:55 PM by Free ThinkerNY

In campaign remarks this afternoon in San Antonio, Texas, President Obama made a national security case for a strong economy and suggested that his opponent, Mitt Romney, won't take proper care of veterans if he's elected president.

"I'm looking around this country, and I know from our history, from world history, that no nation has always been stronger than its economy," Obama said. "That's an issue of our national defense. And, so, because of our outstanding men and women in uniform we know that we've got the greatest military on earth, but we also have to have the best economy on earth to support those troops. And that means let's start investing, rebuilding roads, and rebuilding bridges, and laying broadband lines in rural communities. Let's rebuild schools that are overcrowded and give them state of the art science labs. And let's rebuild our ports and runways. That's what America is about--is rebuilding. We've got thousands of construction workers out there that are ready to get to work. Let's put them to work. That will be good for our economy, and over the long term will be good for our strength."

Then, the president of the United States segued into attacking his opponent, Romney:

"That's the difference between myself and my opponent: As long as I'm commander in chief we're going to make sure that our veterans are properly cared for," Obama said, suggesting that Romney, if he becomes president, won't take proper care of veterans.

(Excerpt) Read more at weeklystandard.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Ron Paul: Obama's proposed Tricare plan for Vets is "immoral & unjust"
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 07:19:49 PM »
DoD to cut Tricare Prime in 5 West areas
 Current News Early Bird ^ | 24OCT12 | Patricia Kime

Posted on Wednesday, October 24, 2012 9:57:32 PM by Marie

The Pentagon is moving ahead with plans to slash its network of Tricare Prime providers, starting by eliminating the Prime option in three states and two cities in the Tricare West region.

As of April 1, as many as 30,000 Prime beneficiaries — retirees, Active Guard and Reserve troops, and family members — in Iowa; Minnesota; Oregon; Reno, Nev.; and Springfield, Mo., will have to switch to Tricare Standard, a traditional fee-for-service health plan, according to a source with knowledge of the reorganization.

Pentagon officials would not confirm that the five areas will lose Prime in April.

The areas lie outside Prime service areas covered under new Tricare regional contracts awarded by the Pentagon.

Under those contracts, Tricare will offer Prime networks only within “catchment areas,” defined as a 40-mile radius around military treatment facilities and in areas affected by the 2005 base closure and realignment process.

However, there are provisions to allow Prime beneficiaries who see a physician outside the 40-mile service area to stay in Prime if they live within 100 miles of an available primary care manager and sign an access waiver.

New enrollments also would be allowed for those outside Prime service areas if there is network capacity and the primary care manager is less than 100 miles from the beneficiary’s residence.

Spokeswoman Cynthia Smith said the intent is to bolster health care support for the core active-duty populations near military treatment facilities that have been left short-handed “due to the deployment requirements of military medical providers.”

But the move would save big money for the Pentagon because it cuts contract administration overhead in these Prime areas and shifts more of the costs of care to beneficiaries.

What it means for beneficiaries

Active-duty family members in Prime pay no enrollment fees or co-pays. Military retirees pay annual enrollment fees of $269.26 for an individual and $538.56 for families, and their co-pays for outpatient care are just $12. Prime requires no deductibles.

Under the changes that will start April 1, as many as 170,000 Prime enrollees across all three regions eventually may have to drive longer distances to see a Prime provider or switch to Tricare Standard, which has no enrollment fees but carries greater out-of-pocket costs:

• Cost shares are 20 percent for active-duty family members and 25 percent for retirees and other eligible beneficiaries.

• Annual deductibles for outpatient care are $50 for an individual and $100 for a family for active-duty members in paygrades E-4 and below, and $150 for an individual and $300 for a family for all others.

• The annual catastrophic cap — the maximum health care costs a beneficiary must pay in any one fiscal year — is $1,000 for active-duty families and $3,000 for retirees.

The move to eliminate Prime service areas away from military installations has been in the works since 2007, when the Defense Department released a draft of its new Tricare contract proposal. But a series of contract disputes delayed the launch of the new initiative.

“The can got kicked down the road” because of the contract protests, said retired Air Force Col. Steve Strobridge, director of government relations for the Military Officers Association of America. “Beneficiaries are going to have to change what they are used to. With something as basic as health care, this always raises a certain level of angst.”

With the contract disputes now resolved, the changes in the initial five areas could be just the beginning.

Under the old contracts, the entire Tricare South region was designated a Prime service area. In the West and North regions, the companies that managed the contracts also expanded Prime into areas not located near military bases, populated mainly by retirees, Active Guard and Reserve troops and their families.

“We’re worried mostly about the South” because Humana Military Health Services, the contractor for that region, “now provides Prime everywhere,” said Barbara Cohoon, deputy government relations director for the National Military Family Association.

Beneficiaries in the South “already are hearing from their providers” that they will not remain in Prime, Cohoon said.

Health Net Federal Services manages the North region contract. Beginning April 1, UnitedHealth Federal Services takes over the West region from TriWest Healthcare Alliance.

Officials with all three regional contractors declined to comment and referred all questions to the Defense Department.

Dismantling Prime networks outside the immediate vicinity of military treatment facilities also will eliminate Tricare Extra in these places; that option allowed non-Prime users to lower their costs by seeing Prime network providers.

“All beneficiaries can choose to use Tricare Standard, which gives the beneficiary the most flexibility and greatest choice of any of the Tricare products,” Smith said.

According to the Pentagon, those in Tricare Prime Remote — a program for active-duty troops and their families living in rural areas — as well as those on or near an installation with a hospital or clinic will see no change to their health benefits.

“This will not affect active-duty military and their families,” Smith said. “This change also will not impact areas where there is a military treatment facility.”

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Ron Paul: Obama's proposed Tricare plan for Vets is "immoral & unjust"
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 07:39:47 PM »
So much for ObamaCare, bringing the cost down.  ::)