Author Topic: Do you buy premium fuel?  (Read 13408 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: Do you buy premium fuel?
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2012, 12:48:16 PM »
See you in the fast lane!  :-*

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2012, 12:54:42 PM »
hahaha bay is so ignorant on this matter. He been owned a few times, and yet he is still trying to defend himself, like a kid that just found out there is no santa. :D
A

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2012, 05:02:50 PM »
lol bunch of people in this thread just hurting to give away their money to the gas stations for "premium" fuel :)

TEAM Nasser

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2012, 05:06:21 PM »
hahaha bay is so ignorant on this matter. He been owned a few times, and yet he is still trying to defend himself, like a kid that just found out there is no santa. :D

Think about how I was "owned" in this thread the next time you are filling up on premium.  Perhaps that will bring a smile to your face.  I will be thinking of how I was "owned" the next time I fill up on regular; that will bring a smile to my face!  ;D

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2012, 05:07:02 PM »
lol bunch of people in this thread just hurting to give away their money to the gas stations for "premium" fuel :)

Assuming it is premium!  ;D

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #105 on: March 05, 2012, 06:55:12 PM »
Think about how I was "owned" in this thread the next time you are filling up on premium.  Perhaps that will bring a smile to your face.  I will be thinking of how I was "owned" the next time I fill up on regular; that will bring a smile to my face!  ;D
Does your car say it requires premium? If not regular is fine.
A

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: March 05, 2012, 07:30:25 PM »
Why are gasoline prices so high?
By Ronald D. White | 5:27 p.m.
Q&A: Retail gasoline prices have jumped so quickly that some experts are rethinking their predictions on how high they could go this year. Oil prices get only part of the blame.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-gas-prices-questions-20120306,0,6487067.story

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #107 on: March 05, 2012, 07:32:08 PM »
Next time im at the dentist im going to tell him that I think brushing my teeth and flossing twice a day is a waste of money and is making the toothpaste companies way too rich.  I will go on to say that I havent noticed any noticeable difference between brushing twice a day and once a week so I must be right. When he calls me a dumbass I will tell him that he is just a  brainwashed pawn for the dental supply companies, and that I have had teeth all of my life which qualifies me to speak on the subject of dental maintenance.

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #108 on: March 05, 2012, 08:01:04 PM »
I filled my X6 yesterday with 98 premium. It was the most expensive I have ever seen it AUST$1.69/litre
I think that is about $6.40/gallon

How much is premium in USA?

Bay or Parker??? my previous question please answer?

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2012, 08:36:28 PM »
#3.  Tune ups.  Do you know what a tune up is?  Changing spark plugs, adjusting the carburator, checking the timing.  Things that car technology made obsolete today.

Are you really suggesting that technology has made changing spark plugs and checking the timing (basic preventative maintenance done on all cars) unnecessary? It's true that the computer monitors a lot of parameters and will trip a MIL if necessary, but basic prevantative maintenance is never a bad thing.

#2.  Winterize is switching to a thinner oil that won't thicken as much, chaning the anti-freeze etc...  Again not needed.  

Not necessarily true, especially if living in extremely cold climates, such as Minnesota. Indeed, several manufacturers recommend switching to a different weight oil if the car will be operated in extremely cold climates.

The bottom line is, follow the recommendations of the manufacturer; not what a bunch of guys on a message board about shredded glutes say. Unless you're like Bay and think the manufacturer is in cahoots with oil companies and shady gas station attendants, and you can just run your car on home-made moonshine, like the kind your grandpappy made in his terlet.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2012, 09:03:08 PM »
Premium $4.19 today. >:(
T

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2012, 08:30:33 AM »
People  blamed Bush saying he was an oil monger president.  What do these prices say about Obama?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2012, 08:34:08 AM »
People  blamed Bush saying he was an oil monger president.  What do these prices say about Obama?
People have pointed to prices escalating due to the Iran situation.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2012, 09:22:59 AM »

Please take the political posturing to the Politics board.  ::)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2012, 09:52:27 AM »
No. Unlike most Gebiggers, I don't put on a firesuit before I get in my car.   :-\

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: March 13, 2012, 06:56:58 AM »
I filled up on regular gasoline yesterday.  Nya! Nya! ;D

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: March 13, 2012, 10:21:21 AM »
No. Unlike most Gebiggers, I don't put on a firesuit before I get in my car.   :-\

haha good post  ;D  Have fun paying the extra money for the premium fuel guys!

TEAM Nasser