Author Topic: New Intel 520 series SSD's out  (Read 1229 times)

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
New Intel 520 series SSD's out
« on: March 01, 2012, 04:27:28 PM »
Newest intel ssd drive out, called cherryville for some reason.  What yall think?  Is it worth it to upgrade?

By combining Intel's leading 25nm NAND flash memory technology with SATA 6Gb/s interface support, the Intel SSD 520 Series delivers sequential read speeds of up to 550 MB/s and sequential write speeds of up to 520 MB/s.

TEAM Nasser

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: New Intel 520 series SSD's out
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 07:31:09 PM »
Newest intel ssd drive out, called cherryville for some reason.  What yall think?  Is it worth it to upgrade?

By combining Intel's leading 25nm NAND flash memory technology with SATA 6Gb/s interface support, the Intel SSD 520 Series delivers sequential read speeds of up to 550 MB/s and sequential write speeds of up to 520 MB/s.

What about longevity? That has been the Achilles heel of SSD drives. I am sure they have improved but can you trust your data with this?

csnut18

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 07:32:08 PM »

Wow, another invention by the kuffar that the Al Qaeda filth like yourself, benefit from. Why aren't YOUR PEOPLE inventing things like this?

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 07:49:13 PM »
What about longevity? That has been the Achilles heel of SSD drives. I am sure they have improved but can you trust your data with this?

That is why I posted the intel drive, they are known for there reliability.

TEAM Nasser

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 09:25:12 PM »
What about longevity?

I read that on slashdot a couple weeks ago. this sucks. I'm sure tehy'll come up with a solution but ssd suck atm.

suck it.

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 09:33:50 PM »

I have had a OCZ SSD for quite some time..My particular SSD is only 30 Gig capacity, and has seen about 20-30 different operating system changes over the course of 3 years or so, and all kinds of abuse...

I always back up my data on an regular external drive...As you can imagine 30gb's is a small drive to store data on...

I'm going to be buying a new SSD in a few weeks, and i'll be going with OCZ again..Intel prices are just to expensive to considering brands like GSkill, OCZ,Corsier, are usually faster and cheaper.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 11:54:18 PM »
My understanding is they slow down over time, this has been an issue from the beginning, not sure if they ironed it out yet, but those type of speeds will only matter when they start to release them in 1tb and larger sizes.  Drives are still to small and way too expensive t0 start populating your systems with them.
V

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 08:26:00 AM »

I have had a OCZ SSD for quite some time..My particular SSD is only 30 Gig capacity, and has seen about 20-30 different operating system changes over the course of 3 years or so, and all kinds of abuse...

I always back up my data on an regular external drive...As you can imagine 30gb's is a small drive to store data on...

I'm going to be buying a new SSD in a few weeks, and i'll be going with OCZ again..Intel prices are just to expensive to considering brands like GSkill, OCZ,Corsier, are usually faster and cheaper.

Does OCZ provide a trim tool for their drive that works with windows 7?
TEAM Nasser

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 08:27:12 AM »
My understanding is they slow down over time, this has been an issue from the beginning, not sure if they ironed it out yet, but those type of speeds will only matter when they start to release them in 1tb and larger sizes.  Drives are still to small and way too expensive t0 start populating your systems with them.

I heard if you use a feature called trim, it doesn't slow down, intel has a tool for this that you download for your ssd drive and have it to run once a week.

TEAM Nasser