Author Topic: Gotta Love American PitBull Terrier  (Read 40093 times)

uetone

• Getbig II
  • TeaM South Americana
Re: Gotta Love American PitBull Terrier
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2012, 06:09:59 AM »
What cracks me up is that so many members  here can see right through the media madness surrounding steroids, but can't apply the same logic to the media madness surrounding pits. 

This !
HATERS GON HATE!!

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2012, 06:10:33 AM »
for men with tiny dick syndrome

just like bodybuilding

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2012, 06:15:40 AM »

RustyTrenbolona

• Getbig IV
  • ...but it's just an empty sandwich bag...
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2012, 06:49:58 AM »
one out of a thousand dogs is properly trained. loling at everyone thinking theirs is. "yea my dog is trained..." sit, sit, sit,sitSIT SIT dammit SIT good boy. "he s so good and obedient wouldnt hurt a fly" ::)

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2012, 06:53:29 AM »
they seem intellectually challenged though, like downs syndrome dogs

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2012, 07:01:06 AM »
You see the pitbull that does Parkour?

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2012, 07:02:19 AM »

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2012, 07:02:41 AM »
My PB is as gentle as a lamb.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2012, 07:03:26 AM »

If they are bred wrong. Most pitbulls I've been around are very smart. Very clownish and silly though. They will do just about anything to get a laugh.

uetone

• Getbig II
  • TeaM South Americana
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2012, 07:23:50 AM »
Yes.... they're very silly and Innocent... My dog is basically trained, he sit, Lie down, stop and walk along. But when he's very excited and happy(like when a friend of mine comes to my place) he does not listen to anything  ;D ;D just want to caught all the toys to play with us.
HATERS GON HATE!!

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2012, 07:32:46 AM »
Mine's a fucking angel. As long as you dont fuck with him he acts like the biggest pussy. The dude surprises me every day with how smart he is, and hes never been in trouble for anything. Got him at 3 weeks old hes 5 now and has never gone to the bathroom inside, never chewed up or destroyed anything, has never stolen food off the table.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2012, 07:33:46 AM »
Yes.... they're very silly and Innocent... My dog is basically trained, he sit, Lie down, stop and walk along. But when he's very excited and happy(like when a friend of mine comes to my place) he does not listen to anything  ;D ;D just want to caught all the toys to play with us.

Ya that can be annoying when people come over they don't see all the time. They get so excited it's like christmas to a little kid.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2012, 07:37:12 AM »
Ya that can be annoying when people come over they don't see all the time. They get so excited it's like christmas to a little kid.
My pit is a complete nut when he gets excited.......gotta` be careful his big head doesn`t whack out your front teeth or break your fucking nose!  :D

tren4life

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2012, 07:44:24 AM »
Good looking dog, I have a female pit she's going on 14 months old, great dog and gets along well with my Australian Shepard.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2012, 07:44:55 AM »
My pit is a complete nut when he gets excited.......gotta` be careful his big head doesn`t whack out your front teeth or break your fucking nose!  :D

Ya they will jump up so high they could break your nose. Or they spin around in circles and accidently knock you down if you don't know how to handle them. That's when they're the most dangerous and they don't mean to be.

uetone

• Getbig II
  • TeaM South Americana
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2012, 07:54:48 AM »
Ya they will jump up so high they could break your nose. Or they spin around in circles and accidently knock you down if you don't know how to handle them. That's when they're the most dangerous and they don't mean to be.

;D so true... once my GF was with bottle in hands to throw for him.... he was craaaazy for that bottle I tell you!! When she threw it he just ran over everything in front (including her),,, very funny.
HATERS GON HATE!!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2012, 07:58:04 AM »
Mine`s a one dog wrecking crew........runs around catching his toys and knock stuff down,spins around in circles and takes out your legs....funny fucker...was born right in my living room.....had him right from jumpstreet,8 years old now and still acts like a puppy.

I love him almost as much as I love my wife but she`s better in bed!  LOL  :D

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2012, 08:04:00 AM »
Mine`s a one dog wrecking crew........runs around catching his toys and knock stuff down,spins around in circles and takes out your legs....funny fucker...was born right in my living room.....had him right from jumpstreet,8 years old now and still acts like a puppy.

I love him almost as much as I love my wife but she`s better in bed!  LOL  :D

I actually prefer to have my dog in bed, hes so damn warm lol. My dog has invisible fence and a dog door, so he goes in and out as he pleases. I can look out my window and hes in the back yard just going nuts with a stick he found on the ground. tossing it up in the air and jumping up for it, then runs at mock speed across the yard. Kinda makes his own fun.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2012, 08:12:26 AM »
What cracks me up is that so many members  here can see right through the media madness surrounding steroids, but can't apply the same logic to the media madness surrounding pits. 

Ones are chemicals you use at your own risk, and ones are "pets" that you are subjected to whether you like it or not. Same thing right?  ::)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2012, 08:26:42 AM »
I actually prefer to have my dog in bed, hes so damn warm lol. My dog has invisible fence and a dog door, so he goes in and out as he pleases. I can look out my window and hes in the back yard just going nuts with a stick he found on the ground. tossing it up in the air and jumping up for it, then runs at mock speed across the yard. Kinda makes his own fun.
My dog sleeps between me and my wife......fucking cock blocking mutt!  :D

I also have two other dogs..........like the kids I never had.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2012, 09:19:39 AM »
Ones are chemicals you use at your own risk, and ones are "pets" that you are subjected to whether you like it or not. Same thing right?  ::)

Tell that to someone spreading a story about some "...roid raging asshole who punched them at the bar."  I see your point, but it is not a good one.  Pets are just that; pets, and they require proper ownership.  Proper ownership means that your dog is not exposed to anyone who would view it as "subjection."  What you are alluding to is the socioeconomic and cultural divide that exists in pet ownership, involves all breeds, and is exploited by the fear driven media. I would know, I work in the media, and I have refused to go on air over a story where a "pitbull" attacked someone.  the dog was 130 lbs, that's not a pitbull (ukc/akc breed standard says the largest are around 75lbs...which also brings up the definition of pit bulls...another long diatribe i don't want to begin), it is some other mix or breed.  I was almost fired, actually. 

If you want to become an informed individual, read "The Pit Bull Placebo: The Media, Myths, and Politics of dog aggression." it is available on amazon or your local library.  If you don't want to become informed, that's your prerogative.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2012, 11:10:47 AM »

Tell that to someone spreading a story about some "...roid raging asshole who punched them at the bar."  I see your point, but it is not a good one.  Pets are just that; pets, and they require proper ownership.  Proper ownership means that your dog is not exposed to anyone who would view it as "subjection."  What you are alluding to is the socioeconomic and cultural divide that exists in pet ownership, involves all breeds, and is exploited by the fear driven media. I would know, I work in the media, and I have refused to go on air over a story where a "pitbull" attacked someone.  the dog was 130 lbs, that's not a pitbull (ukc/akc breed standard says the largest are around 75lbs...which also brings up the definition of pit bulls...another long diatribe i don't want to begin), it is some other mix or breed.  I was almost fired, actually.  

If you want to become an informed individual, read "The Pit Bull Placebo: The Media, Myths, and Politics of dog aggression." it is available on amazon or your local library.  If you don't want to become informed, that's your prerogative.

I knew this point would come up. It is true that all medication, steroids and drugs can affect other people as well beside the user. But the freedom to use these chemicals is a greater benefit than the cost of the negative sides (also there is more survaillance but I'll come to that in a moment).

I'm not attacking pit bulls here per se. Just dogs that are big and/or are bred to kill. Society has put strict limits on what we can have as pets. Dogs are the only kind of pet where 200 pound animal with a killer instict is a-ok. I think there should be a limit. Throw all the aggressive breeds the fuck out a here and put a weight limit. 120 pounds sounds good.

Part of why I'm so against these kind of dogs is the culture. If a drunk man threatens me, I can call the cops and they take him away. But if a dog threatens me, there is probably nothing anyone can do about it. We can't carry a knife or other weapons with us to protect us. When it's dog vs man, somehow the man is an outlaw. Dog has all the rights, until it kills someone of course.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2012, 11:23:50 AM »
I knew this point would come up. It is true that all medication, steroids and drugs can affect other people as well beside the user. But the freedom to use these chemicals is a greater benefit than the cost of the negative sides (also there is more survaillance but I'll come to that in a moment).

I'm not attacking pit bulls here per se. Just dogs that are big and/or are bred to kill. Society has put strict limits on what we can have as pets. Dogs are the only kind of pet where 200 pound animal with a killer instict is a-ok. I think there should be a limit. Throw all the aggressive breeds the fuck out a here and put a weight limit. 120 pounds sounds good.

Part of why I'm so against these kind of dogs is the culture. If a drunk man threatens me, I can call the cops and they take him away. But if a dog threatens me, there is probably nothing anyone can do about it. We can't carry a knife or other weapons with us to protect us. When it's dog vs man, somehow the man is an outlaw. Dog has all the rights, until it kills someone of course.

pits aren't bred to be aggressive towards humans (absolute, 100% fact, call your local AKC/UKC representative if you don't believe me),and are actually bred for human friendliness and loyalty above all else.  If you gave labradors and beagles to blacks and latinos, the end result would be the same as we have with pit bulls currently (I do volunteer work with dogs in oakland california, 80% of black people will make a nice dog mean, and somehow get puppies to be mean. They're just stupid fucking people).  This is the reason that "aggressive" dog bans in many countries and cities around the world have been overturned, the same trashy people got dogs, and regardless of breed, their dogs attacked people.  The cities/counties/countries thought they were getting rid of the cause of the problem (perceived as the dogs) and the problem didn't go away because the real cause (people) was still able to own and abuse animals.

Before 1980 or so, pits were rarely, if ever, involved in dog attacks.  Then came the glamorization of ghetto culture (thank you, black and brown people), and rappers started talking about feeding their pits gun powder (yup, i have actually seen this, thank you, biggie), how tough their dogs were, etc etc etc...its all stupid people have.  No education, no intelligence, no money, but they gawt dem rims, and duh biggest, baddest dog, an' duh eeyyce on dey necks... and that takes us to today.  Go look at old American propaganda art, the Pit was a source of American pride.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2012, 11:31:06 AM »
Dog of Peace ::)

uetone

• Getbig II
  • TeaM South Americana
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2012, 12:31:54 PM »
Traps is right... American Pit's aren t supouse to be agressive or bad tempered. That's not a characteristic of the APBT... That's why anyone who understand a little bit about the breed does not recomend it for house protection.
HATERS GON HATE!!