Author Topic: Tom Cruise has got to be one of the....  (Read 4814 times)

wild willie

• Getbig V
Tom Cruise has got to be one of the....
« on: March 03, 2012, 03:43:25 PM »
best actors of all time......I have him up there with Rourke, Deniro, Pesci, Brando, Nolte and Dillon.

My question is this....what do you think was his best performance ever???

I am going to go with Risky Business.

What say you??

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Tom Cruise has got to be one of the....
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 08:22:44 AM »
tropic thunder he was great in that role.
F

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 01:09:28 PM »
he's pretty damn good in everything he's ever been in. i always kinda overlooked him though. fuck knows why. probably top gun that did it lol.

hard to pick a fvourite, but i do really like 'all the rigfht moves'

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 05:29:44 PM »
I never really appreciated him as an actor because of the cheesy movies he's made but as I've gotten older, you're right, he is a good actor with all the charisma in the world. no homo

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 01:45:17 PM »
his role in south park ws most authentic

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 09:21:38 PM »
...most focused and determined actors I have ever seen. You wanna talk about laser beam focus & dogged persistence... that man has got it. On the set of Cocktail, there was a scene that just wasn't quite going the way the director wanted. Tom bit into it take after take after take, ...and he just wouldn't give up or let it go. Not even the audible groans of the entire cast & crew & extras phased his concentration. If it did, he certainly didn't let it show. He was determined to nail that small sequence. Finally, over Tom's objections, the director insisted on moving on, and coming back to that scene about 6 hrs later. When we did come back to the scene, ...the intensity with which Tom tore into it would have blown your mind. It's the kind of tenacious dogged disciplined determination that moves mountains. Oh ya, ...and he nailed the scene.
w

w8m8

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 06:00:02 AM »
...most focused and determined actors I have ever seen. You wanna talk about laser beam focus & dogged persistence... that man has got it. On the set of Cocktail, there was a scene that just wasn't quite going the way the director wanted. Tom bit into it take after take after take, ...and he just wouldn't give up or let it go. Not even the audible groans of the entire cast & crew & extras phased his concentration. If it did, he certainly didn't let it show. He was determined to nail that small sequence. Finally, over Tom's objections, the director insisted on moving on, and coming back to that scene about 6 hrs later. When we did come back to the scene, ...the intensity with which Tom tore into it would have blown your mind. It's the kind of tenacious dogged disciplined determination that moves mountains. Oh ya, ...and he nailed the scene.

why isn't Cock Tail listed on your "acting" resume' ?

you were part of the film HOW ?

http://www.whosdatedwho.com/tpx_36723/judi-embden/

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 07:42:27 AM »
Guy is a fucking weirdo.

I hear one of his things to do on-set between shooting takes is jumping rope. And not all of his movies have been good. The one he did recently with Cameron Diaz was pure dogshit.

w8m8

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2012, 08:31:15 AM »
Guy is a fucking weirdo.

I hear one of his things to do on-set between shooting takes is jumping rope. And not all of his movies have been good. The one he did recently with Cameron Diaz was pure dogshit.

he's a nutter

just like Travolta he also likes to keep secret men as special friends

he wears lifts in his shoes due to low self esteem .. with all that money and fame his height should be a non-issue if he held any self worth aside from said wealth and fame

Scientology .. bah

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 09:25:48 AM »
he's a nutter

just like Travolta he also likes to keep secret men as special friends

he wears lifts in his shoes due to low self esteem .. with all that money and fame his height should be a non-issue if he held any self worth aside from said wealth and fame

Scientology .. bah

that's most likely bullshit

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 05:16:59 PM »
All actors are eccentric. Some just hide it better than others.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 10:40:03 AM »
I guess I never thought of him as a great actor, but he has been in a lot of great films.  Good acting scenes in A Few Good Men, Top Gun, The Last Samurai, Rain Man, The Firm...

Looking forward to Rock of Ages
:

Internet Tough Guy

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 01:02:01 PM »
why isn't Cock Tail listed on your "acting" resume' ?

you were part of the film HOW ?

http://www.whosdatedwho.com/tpx_36723/judi-embden/

She auditioned for the role of "Former Miss Black Ontario" but lost out to Arsenio Hall. 

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2012, 03:56:36 AM »
He's a good actor but I wouldn't put him in the same league as Pacino, De Niro etc.

The guy's intense though - no doubt. Was impressed with the stunts he did in the latest Mission Impossible film on the outside of the Burj tower in Dubai. Yes, he was all harnessed in and the CGI'd the ropes out afterwards, but how many actors out there would do that?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 03:17:23 AM »
Guy is a fucking weirdo.

I never saw him jumping rope, but it's not implausible. It's hard to keep a constant energy level going in between scenes, and I could see jumping rope being used as a vehicle to keep himself pumped and fired up. As for in-between takes... I dunno.... that might be a bit problematic.  :-\
w

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 03:30:18 AM »
Great actor.

I thought Knight and Day was one of his best movies. Don't understand how someone could not like that.

G

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2012, 06:40:00 PM »
Days of Thunder.....All The Right Moves......The Firm.....Risky Business....Jerry McGuire...Eyes Wide Shut.....The list goes on and on.....Sensational actor for sure!!!

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 09:33:44 PM »
From what i'm reading, it looks like Tom Cruise went all in for his role in Rock of Ages.