Author Topic: Rapidly Losing Advertisers,Comedian/A-Hole Rush Limbaugh Attempts Apology  (Read 7638 times)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
Where was the same standard for President Bush, his family, his daughters, Sarah Palin and her family?

The media died in 2008, and quite frankly who cares what Limbaugh called her? She stuck her pretentious, spoiled brat nose into where it didn't belong to get some attention....so the chickens have come home to roost for the idealistic slut.
Interesting point. I'm sure I have turned a blind eye to the other side of this, part of that is cuz I haven't been politically conscious for a long time. I'm sorry I just don't agree that attacking someone with a personal vengeance like that for testifying in congress is right.
follow the arrows

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Interesting point. I'm sure I have turned a blind eye to the other side of this, part of that is cuz I haven't been politically conscious for a long time. I'm sorry I just don't agree that attacking someone with a personal vengeance like that for testifying in congress is right.

She is being attacked for being an idiot and a spoiled bitch w an entitlement mentality. 

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
She is being attacked for being an idiot and a spoiled bitch w an entitlement mentality. 
explain
follow the arrows

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Why are we even discussing his in the first place?    Guess who orchestrated this whole thing months ago? 

Where is the evidence of a conspiracy?  I know your just going to attack and call me a pussy liberal but I really am looking for an answer to this question.
A

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne

As long as the left has Maher, Madcow, The View, Chris Mathews and the like....the right will have O'Reilly, Limbaugh, Beck etc.

But if you're going to put on your big girl blouse, leave the shelter of acadaemia, and enter into an adult world with adults, don't cry when things don't go your way. Hers is a stupid argument, meant only to gain notoriety. And now the world knows she's a "whore". C'est la vie.  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Where is the evidence of a conspiracy?  I know your just going to attack and call me a pussy liberal but I really am looking for an answer to this question.

Look at the timeline.  

Remember a few months ago out of nowhere George S. Asked about contraception at one of the debates?   Everyone was like WTF?   Even the candidates were puzzled.  

a few weeks after that - Obama and Sebellius announced the contraception mandate w regard to the church who it promised an exception to the mandate.  

So everyone started fighting each other remember?   Then , conveniently, the Fluke appears complaining about Jesuit school Georgetowns policy and having pelosi and the rest of the leftist gang show up.  

now - notice how Obama tried injecting himself as a protector of women, who he needs in November?  

This was all orchestrated by Obama ad the media to divert attention away from obamas failed presidency and rising energy policies.

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
She is a liberal plant. She is exactly what Rush says she is...

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
Rush Limbaugh, premier entertainer, getting his name out once again...everyone talking about him again.  And the media laps it right up.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
7th advertiser pulls out of Limbaugh's show

NEW YORK — A flower company is the seventh advertiser to pull its ads from conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh's radio program in reaction to his derogatory comments about a law student who testified about birth control policy.

ProFlowers said Sunday on its Facebook page that it has suspended advertising on Limbaugh's program because his comments about Georgetown University student Sandra Fluke "went beyond political discourse to a personal attack and do not reflect our values as a company."

The six other advertisers that say they have pulled ads from his show are mortgage lender Quicken Loans, mattress retailers Sleep Train and Sleep Number, software maker Citrix Systems Inc., online data backup service provider Carbonite and online legal document services company LegalZoom.

ProFlowers had said on Twitter that posts it received about Limbaugh's remarks affected its advertising strategy. ProFlowers is an online flower delivery service.

Limbaugh called the 30-year-old Fluke a "slut" and "prostitute" last week after she testified to congressional Democrats in support of national health care policies that would compel employers and other organizations, including her university, to offer group health insurance that covers birth control for women.

He apologized to Fluke on Saturday after being criticized by Republican and Democratic politicians and after several advertisers left the show.

Clear Channel's Premiere Radio Networks Inc. hosts Limbaugh's program, one of the country's most popular talk radio shows. The company is supporting Limbaugh, whose on-air contract with Premiere runs through 2016.

"The contraception debate is one that sparks strong emotion and opinions on both sides of the issue," Premiere Networks said in a statement emailed Sunday by spokeswoman Rachel Nelson. "We respect the right of Mr. Limbaugh, as well as the rights of those who disagree with him, to express those opinions."

Clear Channel Media and Entertainment operates more than 850 radio stations in the U.S., and Premiere says it's the largest radio content provider in the country, syndicating programs to more than 5,000 affiliate stations.

When asked which companies or organizations were the largest advertisers on Limbaugh's show, Nelson said that that information was "proprietary." Nelson didn't immediately respond Sunday to questions about how much revenue the company will lose with the advertiser defections or how much revenue Limbaugh's show brings in.

Clear Channel's parent company was taken private in 2008 by private equity firms Thomas H. Lee Partners and Bain Capital.
!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
 :P
!

Your Average GymRat

7th advertiser pulls out of Limbaugh's show

NEW YORK — A flower company is the seventh advertiser to pull its ads from conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh's radio program in reaction to his derogatory comments about a law student who testified about birth control policy.

ProFlowers said Sunday on its Facebook page that it has suspended advertising on Limbaugh's program because his comments about Georgetown University student Sandra Fluke "went beyond political discourse to a personal attack and do not reflect our values as a company."

The six other advertisers that say they have pulled ads from his show are mortgage lender Quicken Loans, mattress retailers Sleep Train and Sleep Number, software maker Citrix Systems Inc., online data backup service provider Carbonite and online legal document services company LegalZoom.

ProFlowers had said on Twitter that posts it received about Limbaugh's remarks affected its advertising strategy. ProFlowers is an online flower delivery service.

Limbaugh called the 30-year-old Fluke a "slut" and "prostitute" last week after she testified to congressional Democrats in support of national health care policies that would compel employers and other organizations, including her university, to offer group health insurance that covers birth control for women.

He apologized to Fluke on Saturday after being criticized by Republican and Democratic politicians and after several advertisers left the show.

Clear Channel's Premiere Radio Networks Inc. hosts Limbaugh's program, one of the country's most popular talk radio shows. The company is supporting Limbaugh, whose on-air contract with Premiere runs through 2016.

"The contraception debate is one that sparks strong emotion and opinions on both sides of the issue," Premiere Networks said in a statement emailed Sunday by spokeswoman Rachel Nelson. "We respect the right of Mr. Limbaugh, as well as the rights of those who disagree with him, to express those opinions."

Clear Channel Media and Entertainment operates more than 850 radio stations in the U.S., and Premiere says it's the largest radio content provider in the country, syndicating programs to more than 5,000 affiliate stations.

When asked which companies or organizations were the largest advertisers on Limbaugh's show, Nelson said that that information was "proprietary." Nelson didn't immediately respond Sunday to questions about how much revenue the company will lose with the advertiser defections or how much revenue Limbaugh's show brings in.

Clear Channel's parent company was taken private in 2008 by private equity firms Thomas H. Lee Partners and Bain Capital.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Oh the irony of posting that troll Mahr.  

Fluke is a fluzy and a leftist hoe bag, perfect example of an Obama rat.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
She is a liberal plant. She is exactly what Rush says she is...

Then why bite.  If it was that obvious she was a plant why did he take the bait.  Either he didn't know or he is incredibly stupid.  To everyone but his die hard supporters he comes off looking like a complete jackass.  Rush has been around the block before and supposedly knows how washington works; if what you say is true, he should have known better and deserves to get played. In my opinion these claims sound like an attempt to save face which doesn't really work because he was the one who fell for it.
A

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
Then why bite.  If it was that obvious she was a plant why did he take the bait.  Either he didn't know or he is incredibly stupid.  To everyone but his die hard supporters he comes off looking like a complete jackass.  Rush has been around the block before and supposedly knows how washington works; if what you say is true, he should have known better and deserves to get played. In my opinion these claims sound like an attempt to save face which doesn't really work because he was the one who fell for it.

But it was ok for Maher and the rest of the left loons to call all the conservative women whatever they want? Rush made a mistake but that doesn't get him off the hook. He should have known better honestly.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
But it was ok for Maher and the rest of the left loons to call all the conservative women whatever they want? Rush made a mistake but that doesn't get him off the hook. He should have known better honestly.

who said it was OK

Maher is actually a comedian unlike Rush and he doesn't have advertisers also unlike Rush

Also, Maher is on a cable channel and if people are upset some comment he made about Palin they are free to boycott HBO or cancel it or whatever they want

what's stopping them?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo

I'm wasn't arguing for maher.  That has nothing to do with what I said.
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
It appears that Rush just recently picked up a new sponsor by the name of Tax Resolution Services (TRS)
A

MM2K

• Getbig IV
Is it true that one of the sponsors who left tried to come back only to be rejected by Rush? Maybe its just me but it seems as though this contrversy is fading.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/03/gross-axelrod-says-bill-mahers-tw-t-and-c-nt-language-different-than-limbaughs-words-video/

So Obama's campaign manager excuses Maher's remarks against Palin and Bachman because they are public figures but Rush's remarks were wrong because Fluke is not a public figure.

You can't make this up if you tried.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
So Obama's campaign manager excuses Maher's remarks against Palin and Bachman because they are public figures but Rush's remarks were wrong because Fluke is not a public figure.

You can't make this up if you tried.

You dont have to if you are an obama drone since it doesnt matter.   The typical leftist does not give a damn, its communism or bust at all costs. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Of course, lost in all of this is that the Media Matters report is BOGUS. The list they used was comprised mostly of companies that weren't airing ads on Rush's show, in the first place.

Premiere Source: 98 Advertisers Not Targeting Hannity, Beck, Levin

Reports this weekend that as many as 98 major advertisers are asking not to air their ads on conservative radio shows are "totally bogus," a source close to Premiere Networks told Newsmax Sunday night.

Premiere Networks syndicates top-rated shows like those hosted by Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin and Glenn Beck.

This past weekend, news reports on sites like Politico and the Huffington Post are suggesting that as many as 98 major brands and major businesses are asking that their ads not run on such conservative talk programs. The reports suggest the advertisers are taking the action in the wake of comments made by Rush Limbaugh about a female Georgetown law student.

"The fact is that these advertisers, with a few exceptions, have never been advertising on Premiere's conservative shows," the source said.

It is well known that major companies and brands often shun both conservative and liberal shows and outlets, as Madison Avenue advertising firms keep "do not buy" lists of programs they believe may upset their client's customers.

"Most of these 98 firms don't air on liberal MSNBC or radio shows like Ed Schultz's. There is nothing new here," the source said.

Why the controversy then?

Last Friday, Radio-info.com published an internal Premiere memo it said offered a list of 98 companies that did not want to air on conservative talk shows.

According to Radio-info, the list of advertisers include "carmakers (Ford, GM, Toyota), insurance companies (Allstate, Geico, Prudential, State Farm) and restaurants (McDonald’s, Subway)."

"These companies for the most part never advertise on Rush, Hannity and other conservative talk shows," the source said, adding, "And they usually don't advertise on liberal shows either."

The Premiere memo being cited actually is just a reminder to stations of long-standing policy telling their ad traffic managers not to fill unsold ads in conservative talk radio programs with such brand advertisers.

"The media is trying to create the impression -- one being propagated by the liberal Media Matters -- that there is mass movement against conservative shows," the source said. "But it simply isn't true."

The source also told Newsmax that several major advertisers who have dropped Rush have already indicated to Premiere they plan to come back on his show, and other Premiere shows like Hannity and Levin have seen strong ad revenue growth.

An excerpt of the Premiere memo follows:

“To all Traffic Managers: The information below applies to your Premiere Radio Networks commercial inventory. More than 350 different advertisers sponsor the programs and services provided to your station on a barter basis. Like advertisers that purchase commercials on your radio station from your sales staff, our sponsors communicate specific rotations, daypart preferences and advertising environments they prefer… They’ve specifically asked that you schedule their commercials in dayparts or programs free of content that you know are deemed to be offensive or controversial (for example, Mark Levin, Rush Limbaugh, Tom Leykis, Michael Savage, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity). Those are defined as environments likely to stir negative sentiment from a very small percentage of the listening public.”

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/limbaugh-advertiser-ban-levin/2012/03/11/id/432105

As if that weren't enough, Media Matters cited some advertisers, who stated point-blank that they did NOT ask their ads to be pulled from Rush's show.

Amex denies being part of conservative radio boycott

I have been suspicious of the hype regarding the Rush boycott and the numbers of advertisers dropping Rush touted by Media Matters and others.  The numbers seem inflated for the purpose of creating momentum, as many of the advertisers being listed as “dropping” Rush never even advertised with him.

Of particular note was a list of 98 advertisers obtained by Media Matters which allegedly had instructed Premiere Newtorks to avoid Rush and several other high-profile conservative talk show programs.  That listed included American Express.

I reached out to Amex before my post yesterday about how certain advertisers were avoiding conservative talk radio but not Gawker.  Amex never responded to my request, but did respond to a reader complaint resulting from my post.

I followed up with the public relations person at Amex who had communicated with the reader, and she confirmed both that Amex never instructed Permiere Networks to avoid running Amex ads on conservative talk radio, and that Amex has “no position” on the Limbaugh boycott.

Here is the exchange of emails:

From me:

I run a politics and law blog and have been following the Rush Limbaugh advertiser boycott story. I posted the other day about the inclusion of American Express on a list of advertisers who have instructed Premiere Networks not to run Amex ads on the Rush Limbaugh show and the shows of several other conservative talk radio hosts.

I previously contacted Amex for confirmation of its policy, but received no response. I was hoping that you could explain Amex’s position on the following: (1) Did Amex instruct Premiere Networks not to run Amex ads on the shows of several conservative talk radio hosts as outlined in this memo? (2) What is Amex’s position as to Amex ads being run on the Rush Limbaugh show?

I would appreciate your prompt response so that I can update my readers.

Amex Response:

Thank you for your note, and I apologize because your previous email did not make its way to me, but I appreciate you reaching out again. I want to clarify that at no time did American Express or our media buying agencies send a letter to Premiere Radio Networks or its parent company, Clear Channel Communications, providing any direction concerning adverting placements, and specifically related to conservative radio programming. Since we were alerted to this situation yesterday, we have reached out to our media partners to correct any miscommunication and reconfirm that that they are not limiting the placement of our advertisements.

My follow up:

Thank you. What is Amex’s position as to advertising specifically on the Limbaugh show?

Amex’s further response:

We do not have a position on the Limbaugh Show.

If Amex denies being part of either a conservative radio or Limbaugh boycott, one has to question the validity of many of the lists being created of boycotters.

A lot of what is going on is hype by Media Matters and others to make the boycott seem worse than it is to inspire continued efforts.  That’s not to say that the boycott has not had an effect, it’s just don’t believe all the numbers being thrown around.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2012/03/amex-denies-being-part-of-conservative-radio-boycott/

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Is it true that one of the sponsors who left tried to come back only to be rejected by Rush? Maybe its just me but it seems as though this contrversy is fading.

Yes. That was Sleep Train.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Yes. That was Sleep Train.

And carbonite

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
And carbonite

Carbonite tried to come back? I wasn't aware of that one. I knew their stocks tanked and their Facebook page was being FLAMED by Rush supporters, who have dropped Carbonite (especially when learning that the company still sponsors Ed Schultz, who called Laura Ingraham a "slut", less than a year ago).

Here is an article about Sleep Train.

Rush Limbaugh rejects Sleep Train's offer to resume partnership

First it was Sleep Train Mattress Centers that spurned its longtime ally and business partner Rush Limbaugh.

Now Limbaugh is returning the favor — and the split between the Sacramento retailer and the controversial radio host appears to be permanent.

Limbaugh on Thursday rejected Sleep Train's offer to resume advertising on his national radio show and rehire Limbaugh as a paid spokesman. Limbaugh's spokesman said the conservative commentator would no longer carry Sleep Train's ads "in the future."

Sleep Train stopped advertising on the show last Friday, becoming one of the first sponsors to drop Limbaugh. The company's decision came two days after Limbaugh called a Georgetown University law student a "slut" and a "prostitute" over her stance on health insurance coverage for contraception.

Limbaugh apologized to the student over the weekend.

Sleep Train's decision was especially noteworthy because Limbaugh and Sleep Train chief executive Dale Carlsen have known each other since the 1980s, when Sleep Train was a small company and Limbaugh was an on-air personality at Sacramento's KFBK (1530 AM).

"As a diverse company, Sleep Train does not condone such negative comments directed toward any person," the mattress retailer said last week.

The statement said "we have currently pulled our ads," hinting the stoppage might be just temporary.

But the rift deepened Thursday, maybe for good.

Limbaugh's spokesman Brian Glicklich sent Carlsen an email rejecting Sleep Train's efforts to make peace. The email noted that Sleep Train asked Limbaugh to resume his "voiced endorsement" in which he personally read the ad copy on the air.

"Rush received your requests personally," said Glicklich's email, which was released to The Bee and other media. "Unfortunately, your public comments were not well received by our audience, and did not accurately portray either Rush Limbaugh's character or the intent of his remarks. Thus, we regret to inform you that Rush will be unable to endorse Sleep Train in the future.

"Rush appreciates your long friendship and your past support, and we wish you good luck in the future."

Carlsen couldn't be reached for comment but said in a prepared statement: "We confirm that Rush Limbaugh will no longer be one of Sleep Train's radio endorsers."

Although he apologized to law student Sandra Fluke, Limbaugh has downplayed the impact of losing advertisers.

"Two of the sponsors who have canceled have asked to return," he told his audience Wednesday, according to a transcript on his website. "We are being very careful about that. Not gonna give you any names here. One of them is practically begging to come back. Everything is fine on the business side."

Eric Dezenhall, a public relations executive in Washington who consults with companies facing crises, said Limbaugh's rejection could hurt Sleep Train.

"It throws a haymaker at them that leaves them in the news longer than they would have anticipated," he said. "It extends the half-life of the controversy, which is always problematic."

The company seemed to try to dial down the issue.

It put a message on its Facebook page Thursday afternoon saying, "Out of respect for fans who do not wish to be part of the Rush Limbaugh discourse, we are turning posts off."

That message disappeared about an hour later.

Dezenhall called Limbaugh's move "a very calculated risk," designed to warn other advertisers that they shouldn't drop him.

Carlsen hired Limbaugh to read his radio ads back in 1986, when Sleep Train owned just two stores and Limbaugh was trying to kickstart a not-so-successful radio career.

"He started doing the spots and it took off right away," Carlsen told The Bee in 1997.

The relationship with Sleep Train continued after Limbaugh moved to New York and became one of the biggest stars in radio. In a 2005 interview with The Bee, Carlsen recalled what Limbaugh told him as he was moving to New York.

"When he left town he said, 'The people you meet on the way up are the people you meet on the way down. I'll always take care of you.'

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/03/09/4324006/rush-limbaugh-rejects-sleep-trains.html