Author Topic: 2012 Arnold - Branch Warren should not have won - lot of hate here  (Read 12109 times)

Stavios

Re: A lot of Branch Warren hate on this board...
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2012, 09:31:58 PM »
Yes, exactly why I wanna see the side by side...

Stav, you're almost at 20,000 posts bro... does anyone on this site have more??  If they do, it can't be many people

haha 240 or bust has 60,000  ;D

g101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2012, 09:32:56 PM »
hold up I might have posted the wrong olympia year for phil heath

apparently this is him 2011.. diff posing trunks

Stavios

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2012, 09:33:21 PM »
I'd like to see this match at the Olympia and see what the judges say.

Dennis is larger but Phil  has no holes in his physique

I'd say Phil would win easy

BiGHer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2012, 09:37:56 PM »

You might be right as I always do forget Dennis calves... However, I do think certain areas of his physique are better than Phils, but again like you said, even where Phil loses, he's still amazing.

240_Iz_Nutz

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2012, 11:05:26 PM »

Yep, not even close IMO.

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2012, 01:22:27 AM »
here you go bigher (note: to enhance right click on picture -> view image -> zoom in  :D)

I most certainly believe a ripped Beyeke would beat this incarnation of Wolf.  Dennis looks just plain unhealthy; no other words for it.  I don't care how ripped he is.  He lacks symmetry and separation. 

Worst Arnold top 3.  Ever.

Just a shame that Curry couldn't get it together either...he's another Cormier in the making.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2012, 01:28:49 AM »
It's about looking tough, hardcore, etc.  Believe it or not some people (kids mostly) are impressed by that kind of posturing.  

Here's a reality check: the guy is 5'6".  Have you stood next to someone who is 5'6" latley?  I don't know about you, but when I stand next to someone that size "tough" and "hardcore" aren't exactly the adjectives that come to mind--no matter how many tattoos or muscles he has.  ::)

Anyone under 6 isn't tough or hardcore. These days kids are getting a lot taller and even 5'10/11 isn't exactly tall it's not short but not too impressive either. 6'2 to 6'5 now you're talking

lats_r_us

• Getbig II
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2012, 02:14:48 AM »
The Huge Aryan Bastard with muscles was robbed!

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2012, 05:59:55 AM »
"he trains very,very.HARDCORE...each set is to the DEATH!!!"....Brian Dobson

proves hard training doesnt have more benefits over normal training

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2012, 06:05:08 AM »

winners and successful people in general tend to attract all kinds of haters.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2012, 06:05:23 AM »
I don`t hate the guy,he`s really pretty cool,but IMO,his physique embodies everything that`s wrong with bodybuilding these days.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2012, 06:21:24 AM »
I'm curious why??  Not that I am a huge Branch Warren fan or anything, but I have a hard time hating on the guy.  Can anyone constructively explain all the Branch hate to me?

Branch is a Professional bodybuilder, he works his ass off hard and he's good at his Profession.......it's just that in this Pro bodybuilding circuit, sometime those fans are not gonna get what they wish or expect......this Arnold line up was less than impressive and when Branch was the only one that could convince the judges on their decisions, that tells you that these guys who call themselves Pros need to step up and come in better than this......if you're a Warren's fan, you're happy that he won, if youre hating on him, well, you have to look at the other guys on stage and re-evaluate why Branch had to win

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2012, 06:28:04 AM »
Branch is a Professional bodybuilder, he works his ass off hard and he's good at his Profession.......it's just that in this Pro bodybuilding circuit, sometime those fans are not gonna get what they wish or expect......this Arnold line up was less than impressive and when Branch was the only one that could convince the judges on their decisions, that tells you that these guys who call themselves Pros need to step up and come in better than this......if you're a Warren's fan, you're happy that he won, if youre hating on him, well, you have to look at the other guys on stage and re-evaluate why Branch had to win

Please enlighten us. I generally respect your posts but here, I can't see any reason that could back up Branch's win. His conditioning was better than others? Yes but not by leaps and bounds. Actually, his conditioning enhanced a certain number of weak points (the tears, the lack of detail in his back which is generally something that pops out with a good conditioning, the non existent arms, etc.....). Sure, Wolf or Evan were "lacking" too but Branch was an abomination pure and simple by all standards.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2012, 06:32:24 AM »
the pig shoots beautiful animals, horrible person.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2012, 06:32:39 AM »

I don't have a problem with Branch winning either.  It's more of an indictment on the other competitors.  Some weren't in shape and others have big holes in their physiques.  The judges went with the feel good story and they can defend their decision because no one else stepped up.  

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2012, 06:32:56 AM »
This thread is useless without a pic of Branch and his truck.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2012, 06:34:15 AM »
He kills innocent boars with a big gun, but tears muscles walking down the stairs and getting into a car. What a looser. Meatgrinder>dog food...

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2012, 06:36:26 AM »
He kills innocent boars with a big gun, but tears muscles walking down the stairs and getting into a car. What a looser. Meatgrinder>dog food...

And yet he hasn't shot himself. He's either not that dumb or not that innocent.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2012, 06:36:34 AM »
I don't have a problem with Branch winning either.  It's more of an indictment on the other competitors.  Some weren't in shape and others have big holes in their physiques.  The judges went with the feel good story and they can defend their decision because no one else stepped up.  

that's correct.....I believe if there was another eye catcher on stage, Branch would get second place, a paycheck, no trophy......

BiGHer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2012, 06:55:53 AM »

Good post.

madg

« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2012, 06:58:51 AM »
i like branch as character,,he is animal epic work ethic,,but his phisique sux balls imo

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2012, 07:02:07 AM »
don't worry it's ok to hate branch fellas
"

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2012, 07:04:59 AM »
Yet, Branch is missing a physique. He has no back, huge quads that lack detail, no arms, a messed ip midsection, delts that are less than stellar. And a semi-big chest with huge traps.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2012, 07:14:18 AM »
He simply overcrowded his bone structure with way too much muscle so he looks squatty and stumpy.................. ..looked far better earlier as an amateur......most of todays pros did actually.

No regard for lines,shape,symetry,detail,or proportion at all...........he just slapped on size randomly.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2012, 07:15:18 AM »
Yet, Branch is missing a physique. He has no back, huge quads that lack detail, no arms, a messed ip midsection, delts that are less than stellar. And a semi-big chest with huge traps.

I wouldn't have had Branch in first, but I don't have a problem with it because there was no clear winner.  It's a shame that bodybuilders like Dexter and Lionel Beyeke can't get the work done to come in conditioned.  If they did, we wouldn't be having this discussion.